Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Mobile Tooltips Discussion
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Thanks for all the replies, folks - theses have been very helpful.
Thanks for all the replies, folks - theses have been very helpful.
Flight Rising Developer
Project Management | Engineering Team Cheerleader | UI Designer
I've not had any issues with having to double tap on mobile, but I actually have a lot of issues reading tooltips in general! :U
Either
1) Tooltip doesn't come up at all
2) Tooltip comes up but it's behind another window (ie behind familiar/skin/scroll previews), or
3) Tooltip comes up but it's really far away, like I have to zoom out, find what corner of the screen it's in, then zoom back in
I've not had any issues with having to double tap on mobile, but I actually have a lot of issues reading tooltips in general! :U
Either
2) Tooltip comes up but it's behind another window (ie behind familiar/skin/scroll previews), or
3) Tooltip comes up but it's really far away, like I have to zoom out, find what corner of the screen it's in, then zoom back in
UEKFohX.png
[img]http://i.imgur.com/7xmmeMg.png[/img] [color=7930b5]Not currently on mobile, but often on there- I've noticed that randomly some tooltips refuse to show up. It can range from apparel, to familiars, to items, and it always seems random. Even if I refresh the page, it might still be there, or it might have switched to another item's tooltip not showing up. Not sure if that's a coding error you can fix? Otherwise, I find it helpful to have to tap twice- sometimes I just want to read the tooltip before I open the apparel/look at the familiar!
7xmmeMg.png
Not currently on mobile, but often on there- I've noticed that randomly some tooltips refuse to show up. It can range from apparel, to familiars, to items, and it always seems random. Even if I refresh the page, it might still be there, or it might have switched to another item's tooltip not showing up. Not sure if that's a coding error you can fix? Otherwise, I find it helpful to have to tap twice- sometimes I just want to read the tooltip before I open the apparel/look at the familiar!
TdnNRLI.png o6Tbf9W.png
WavAI.gif
U4KQjwE.gife.png
They/Them

Wishlist

7YNarK2.gif
scribblesisonlydoodling.gif
[quote name="Arborpunk" date="2019-01-08 09:19:20" ] I've not had any issues with having to double tap on mobile, but I actually have a lot of issues reading tooltips in general! :U Either 1) Tooltip doesn't come up at all 2) Tooltip comes up but it's behind another window (ie behind familiar/skin/scroll previews), or 3) Tooltip comes up but it's really far away, like I have to zoom out, find what corner of the screen it's in, then zoom back in [/quote] I have these same issues. It's especially frustrating when I'm trying to read the name of a piece of apparel, but it is repeatedly hidden behind the preview window. Same thing with the new familiar windows (though I do appreciate those on desktop). [quote name="ObsidianMage" date="2019-01-08 09:35:36" ] [img]http://i.imgur.com/7xmmeMg.png[/img] [color=7930b5]Not currently on mobile, but often on there- I've noticed that randomly some tooltips refuse to show up. It can range from apparel, to familiars, to items, and it always seems random. Even if I refresh the page, it might still be there, or it might have switched to another item's tooltip not showing up. Not sure if that's a coding error you can fix? Otherwise, I find it helpful to have to tap twice- sometimes I just want to read the tooltip before I open the apparel/look at the familiar! [/quote] I also have this issue. Again, frustrating when I want to post the BBCode of an item.
Arborpunk wrote on 2019-01-08 09:19:20:
Either
I have these same issues. It's especially frustrating when I'm trying to read the name of a piece of apparel, but it is repeatedly hidden behind the preview window. Same thing with the new familiar windows (though I do appreciate those on desktop).
ObsidianMage wrote on 2019-01-08 09:35:36:
7xmmeMg.png
Not currently on mobile, but often on there- I've noticed that randomly some tooltips refuse to show up. It can range from apparel, to familiars, to items, and it always seems random. Even if I refresh the page, it might still be there, or it might have switched to another item's tooltip not showing up. Not sure if that's a coding error you can fix? Otherwise, I find it helpful to have to tap twice- sometimes I just want to read the tooltip before I open the apparel/look at the familiar!
I also have this issue. Again, frustrating when I want to post the BBCode of an item.
Caught between the mundanely awkward and the existentially impossible.
-Alice Isn't Dead, Part 2, chapter 4, 11:55

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8