Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | To all those saying this NOTN is great..
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
I remember last year's NotN and I was somewhat new at the time, I got chests left and right although I went in areas that were a little risky for a derg that wasn't lvl 25 like around the Mire (That's where I used to level up my dragons). As of now I got not even a third of the chests I had last year but then again my drops were worse than now. I'm pretty sure the random enemies dropping NotN stuff and chest is what killed the drop rate :/

I never got a single egg and got smirch and familliars at most in last year's NotN, and now I got 7 eggs (3 of which I hatched and the babies came out... not so great, could be a lot better) and a couple smirches, but I am overrun with jester stuff and familliars. I REALLY regret spending 500 000 treasure on the NotN familliars when the event started, URRRGH. I still didn't get a breed scroll but I think I have at least some OK luck so far, but I'm really starting to get discouraged seeing all the bad luck that's hitting the community, it can't be a coincidence.

Also a quick side note that as much as staff claimed the older stuff had a lower drop rate, I am flooded in last year's familliars... come on, it's not lower, isn't it?
I remember last year's NotN and I was somewhat new at the time, I got chests left and right although I went in areas that were a little risky for a derg that wasn't lvl 25 like around the Mire (That's where I used to level up my dragons). As of now I got not even a third of the chests I had last year but then again my drops were worse than now. I'm pretty sure the random enemies dropping NotN stuff and chest is what killed the drop rate :/

I never got a single egg and got smirch and familliars at most in last year's NotN, and now I got 7 eggs (3 of which I hatched and the babies came out... not so great, could be a lot better) and a couple smirches, but I am overrun with jester stuff and familliars. I REALLY regret spending 500 000 treasure on the NotN familliars when the event started, URRRGH. I still didn't get a breed scroll but I think I have at least some OK luck so far, but I'm really starting to get discouraged seeing all the bad luck that's hitting the community, it can't be a coincidence.

Also a quick side note that as much as staff claimed the older stuff had a lower drop rate, I am flooded in last year's familliars... come on, it's not lower, isn't it?
*transmutes old notn familiars out of a n g e r*

pLEASE I WANT THE NEW APPAREL. ALL THE CHESTS ARE GIVING ME JESTER APPAREL AND FAMILIARS I DONT WANT-
*transmutes old notn familiars out of a n g e r*

pLEASE I WANT THE NEW APPAREL. ALL THE CHESTS ARE GIVING ME JESTER APPAREL AND FAMILIARS I DONT WANT-
[quote name="Cataclasm" date="2018-12-25 18:43:13" ] You can't seriously tell me that it's normal to get 5 eggs from 113 chests.... [/quote] Okay the rest of this I'll give you but 5/113 makes about 5% drop rate for eggs in chests which seems about right actually
Cataclasm wrote on 2018-12-25 18:43:13:
You can't seriously tell me that it's normal to get 5 eggs from 113 chests....

Okay the rest of this I'll give you but 5/113 makes about 5% drop rate for eggs in chests which seems about right actually
wq9PoXA.png
Yea this event is horrible for chest drop rates but the OP got 113 :O and complaining about it, wow

I've gotten like 30 the whole event and have lived in the Coliseum :(

Truly disappointing event in that regard
Yea this event is horrible for chest drop rates but the OP got 113 :O and complaining about it, wow

I've gotten like 30 the whole event and have lived in the Coliseum :(

Truly disappointing event in that regard
tyPEH8B.png
I want to say the familiars feel like a lot more, because even with the same percent chance of getting a familiar as last year, it feels a lot more common because we're not dealing with the bears anymore. (I think all 24 bears were available in the chests last year, in contrast to only 10 new familiars being added this year, so with say...a 50% chance of getting a familiar, you're going to see ALL the familiars more)

I'd say maybe in the future suggesting a way to raise the chances of new items slightly, but you're still going to end up with a lot of extras, because egg rates are still going to be low, as are scrolls and smirch. Familiars are still going to be more common than apparel, and some people are still going to be luckier with eggs than scrolls and vice versa.

I want to say the familiars feel like a lot more, because even with the same percent chance of getting a familiar as last year, it feels a lot more common because we're not dealing with the bears anymore. (I think all 24 bears were available in the chests last year, in contrast to only 10 new familiars being added this year, so with say...a 50% chance of getting a familiar, you're going to see ALL the familiars more)

I'd say maybe in the future suggesting a way to raise the chances of new items slightly, but you're still going to end up with a lot of extras, because egg rates are still going to be low, as are scrolls and smirch. Familiars are still going to be more common than apparel, and some people are still going to be luckier with eggs than scrolls and vice versa.

If responding to me please PING me!

I probably won't see it otherwise. :3
Like, I know my dragons are weak and can't go much of anywhere in the coluseum yet, but there are many mimics in the first two coli areas, so I figured I'd be able to get chest drops there. I have yet to get a single chest from the coli.

It is not an ideal time to be a nrw player lol
Like, I know my dragons are weak and can't go much of anywhere in the coluseum yet, but there are many mimics in the first two coli areas, so I figured I'd be able to get chest drops there. I have yet to get a single chest from the coli.

It is not an ideal time to be a nrw player lol
I sold my level 25 yesterday because i'm a dum-dum

BUT this first week was great for me. I got enough of this fest to buy, permababy and partially gene my whole lair except Beau who i already had before. I had been grinding all day, too, since my family has had some issues and is not celebrating anything this year.

Edit: inb4 "ur boasting" I'm not, i'm just sharing my own experience like everyone else here. I agree that something needs to be done, since so many people - who were here for the past NotN, which i haven't - are complaining.
I sold my level 25 yesterday because i'm a dum-dum

BUT this first week was great for me. I got enough of this fest to buy, permababy and partially gene my whole lair except Beau who i already had before. I had been grinding all day, too, since my family has had some issues and is not celebrating anything this year.

Edit: inb4 "ur boasting" I'm not, i'm just sharing my own experience like everyone else here. I agree that something needs to be done, since so many people - who were here for the past NotN, which i haven't - are complaining.
» Uva
» FR +4
» Pings EzHOmu6.png
YRgKvwk.gif
0mCnaKl.png KNdRBxl.png
FE9pJK1.png
oaolHwW.png
FObX7rS.png
6meUms1.png
hEE2Ga6.png
xpqTBTn.gif
Mmm and not only is there seemingly a bad chest drop rate, Swipp sure has been very... iffy with his trades. I hardly saw any NotN chest trades today. That doesn't help.
Mmm and not only is there seemingly a bad chest drop rate, Swipp sure has been very... iffy with his trades. I hardly saw any NotN chest trades today. That doesn't help.
55871_s.gif
PDuDspB.png
JvUa9ma.png
FObX7rS.png
mjtJ868.png
tyEuRXe.png
I've been recording my chest contents pretty thoroughly and the content from previous years does drop at a much reduced rate.
Here's my stats:

Total Chests: 221
Eggs: 30
Noc Scroll: 2
Current Year: 71
Year 5: 63
Year 4: 38
Year 3: 15
Year 2: 2

As you can see, the older the items are, the less likely they are to drop. Obviously my sample size isn't big enough to make any super accurate statements but I think the trend is still very visible.
I've actually been struggling to catch up on old items, because I was on a long hiatus and missed NotN in 2017, 2016 and most of the event in 2015. I still haven't managed to get all the familiars. It's just RNG. I actually didn't get any scrolls for 200 chests and then suddenly got two in short succession! Similarly, sometimes I get three chest drops in a row in Coli, sometimes nothing drops for a few minutes. It helps to not think about whether a chest could drop in this specific battle, because then the chest not dropping becomes a point of frustration, it stacks up and just becomes a bad experience.

Overall, because my last really experienced NotN was the first one, where egg drops from the chests were about as frequent as finding a pot of gold parked in front of your door, this year feels incredibly plentiful for me.
Don't forget that it's two weeks long, too. It's not like you have to get everything within the first few days.
I've been recording my chest contents pretty thoroughly and the content from previous years does drop at a much reduced rate.
Here's my stats:

Total Chests: 221
Eggs: 30
Noc Scroll: 2
Current Year: 71
Year 5: 63
Year 4: 38
Year 3: 15
Year 2: 2

As you can see, the older the items are, the less likely they are to drop. Obviously my sample size isn't big enough to make any super accurate statements but I think the trend is still very visible.
I've actually been struggling to catch up on old items, because I was on a long hiatus and missed NotN in 2017, 2016 and most of the event in 2015. I still haven't managed to get all the familiars. It's just RNG. I actually didn't get any scrolls for 200 chests and then suddenly got two in short succession! Similarly, sometimes I get three chest drops in a row in Coli, sometimes nothing drops for a few minutes. It helps to not think about whether a chest could drop in this specific battle, because then the chest not dropping becomes a point of frustration, it stacks up and just becomes a bad experience.

Overall, because my last really experienced NotN was the first one, where egg drops from the chests were about as frequent as finding a pot of gold parked in front of your door, this year feels incredibly plentiful for me.
Don't forget that it's two weeks long, too. It's not like you have to get everything within the first few days.
the chest drop rate has been kinda bad for me, having a little more luck today (nocturne egg and smirch) but other than that i've been getting a lot of jolly jester apparel, which is slightly infuriating
the chest drop rate has been kinda bad for me, having a little more luck today (nocturne egg and smirch) but other than that i've been getting a lot of jolly jester apparel, which is slightly infuriating
ePOliyb.png
FObX7rS.png
Z0dFFal.png
AhAOq4S.gif
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16