Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The first KS familiar is up for raffle!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
@Tinytalkingtina

They've clarified that KickStarter items are being donated, not that retired items are. If they've said otherwise and I missed it, I'd love a link to that post.
@Tinytalkingtina

They've clarified that KickStarter items are being donated, not that retired items are. If they've said otherwise and I missed it, I'd love a link to that post.
Nobody wants to tell you why discipline is so important. Discipline is the strongest form of self-love. It is ignoring current pleasures for bigger rewards to come. It's loving yourself enough to give yourself everything you've ever wanted.
@Tinytalkingtina Actually, that only definitively applies to the Kickstarter items in the raffle, they've never stated it applies to the sprites or downtime familiars or retired festival apparel...and if you look at Aequorin's post in this thread a page or three back, it sounds like it only applies to Kickstarter for sure: [quote name="Aequorin" date="2018-09-12 14:30:21" ] Retired items are not being returned to circulation. A retired item may show up as a prize in a limited amount, but acquiring a retired item through Roundsey is completely dependent on RNG. Buying a ticket is not a guarantee of getting the item or any of that week's prizes. [b]Regarding Kickstarter awards, we've an exact count for each and every KS item on the site - active, vaulted, or on closed accounts. This count won't change.[/b] If you see a KS item in Roundsey, it was either removed from a staff account or one of our friends or family's. [/quote] Only Kickstarter is specified as a 'total number on the site will not change' in this post, the others sound like it's less definitive. Not that I'm particularly fussed personally either way about new retired items entering circulation even after spending tons of time and currency earning my sprite and downtime collection, but it definitely sounds like only the Kickstarter familiars and items (excluding Imperial Scrolls) are donation only, the others sound like they're randomly generated additions for Roundsey. I can sort of see the argument against the 'retired is retired' people are going on about, but I personally don't really agree with it and feel it's a little extreme. The staff has gone back on their word other times and people didn't complain about THAT breach of trust (because they liked the change, presumably), like the fact we have a Scrying Workshop...they originally had a stance that it took away the mystery of breeding if you could see previews so weren't going to have anything like that. And yet, no one cries foul or 'breach of trust' for their going back on their word in that case even though that was originally a seemingly hard 'no, never going to happen' too. *shrugs*
@Tinytalkingtina
Actually, that only definitively applies to the Kickstarter items in the raffle, they've never stated it applies to the sprites or downtime familiars or retired festival apparel...and if you look at Aequorin's post in this thread a page or three back, it sounds like it only applies to Kickstarter for sure:
Aequorin wrote on 2018-09-12 14:30:21:
Retired items are not being returned to circulation. A retired item may show up as a prize in a limited amount, but acquiring a retired item through Roundsey is completely dependent on RNG. Buying a ticket is not a guarantee of getting the item or any of that week's prizes.

Regarding Kickstarter awards, we've an exact count for each and every KS item on the site - active, vaulted, or on closed accounts. This count won't change. If you see a KS item in Roundsey, it was either removed from a staff account or one of our friends or family's.

Only Kickstarter is specified as a 'total number on the site will not change' in this post, the others sound like it's less definitive. Not that I'm particularly fussed personally either way about new retired items entering circulation even after spending tons of time and currency earning my sprite and downtime collection, but it definitely sounds like only the Kickstarter familiars and items (excluding Imperial Scrolls) are donation only, the others sound like they're randomly generated additions for Roundsey.

I can sort of see the argument against the 'retired is retired' people are going on about, but I personally don't really agree with it and feel it's a little extreme. The staff has gone back on their word other times and people didn't complain about THAT breach of trust (because they liked the change, presumably), like the fact we have a Scrying Workshop...they originally had a stance that it took away the mystery of breeding if you could see previews so weren't going to have anything like that. And yet, no one cries foul or 'breach of trust' for their going back on their word in that case even though that was originally a seemingly hard 'no, never going to happen' too. *shrugs*
gYzuoZS.png
@Bowno These retired items are not being generated. They are taken from existing accounts that donated them to the prize pool. Hence, not generated, just moved to another account. [quote name="Bowno" date="2018-09-12 23:44:54" ] [quote]Retired items are not being returned to circulation. A retired item may show up as a prize in a limited amount, but acquiring a retired item through Roundsey is completely dependent on RNG.[/quote] That still means that there were new retired items generated to show up in the prize pool. Retired generally means that there is no further way of the item generating. The fact that there has been more generated for Roundsey means that the retired item was brought back. Unless this is also supposed to be claiming that the retired items are also coming from 'staff' or 'staff friends'? [/quote]
@Bowno

These retired items are not being generated. They are taken from existing accounts that donated them to the prize pool. Hence, not generated, just moved to another account.
Bowno wrote on 2018-09-12 23:44:54:
Quote:
Retired items are not being returned to circulation. A retired item may show up as a prize in a limited amount, but acquiring a retired item through Roundsey is completely dependent on RNG.

That still means that there were new retired items generated to show up in the prize pool. Retired generally means that there is no further way of the item generating. The fact that there has been more generated for Roundsey means that the retired item was brought back.
Unless this is also supposed to be claiming that the retired items are also coming from 'staff' or 'staff friends'?
tumblr_na5dh68Ezc1tfzajgo2_500.gif
tumblr_inline_naz0azrMBD1qg78ij.pngtumblr_inline_nknclfI9au1rgacqp.giftumblr_inline_naz0b53uHQ1qg78ij.png
Oh man, if I could get a Skycat I'd be so happy. I'm a bit scared of buying a million tickets because it's RNG and I most likely won't win, especially with the popularity and rarity of this item. There are people with much deeper wallets able to buy literal millions of tickets and ensure their victory.

Still gonna buy a few tickets. What's the harm?
Oh man, if I could get a Skycat I'd be so happy. I'm a bit scared of buying a million tickets because it's RNG and I most likely won't win, especially with the popularity and rarity of this item. There are people with much deeper wallets able to buy literal millions of tickets and ensure their victory.

Still gonna buy a few tickets. What's the harm?
"Here lies Scout. He rAN and dIEd."
@Xeyla

Nope, that only applies to kickstarter items. All other retired items are being generated.
@Xeyla

Nope, that only applies to kickstarter items. All other retired items are being generated.
Reading over things, it looks like there may be a misunderstanding about what reintroducing an item entails. I want to take a quick moment to clarify this for anyone who may feel confused or concerned about "retired" vs "reintroduced" in terms of Flight Rising's game development.

When we say something is retired, the item is unavailable or unobtainable by the gameplay means in which it was originally introduced (this commonly happens with festival apparel, familiars, and skins, for instance).

Reintroducing an item back into circulation would mean players can once again acquire it through those original means. This is not what we are doing with Roundsey. Retired items are making brief and limited appearances in a new feature.

(thank you to everyone for discussing this issue with each other constructively and respectfully. you rock!) (^^)b
Reading over things, it looks like there may be a misunderstanding about what reintroducing an item entails. I want to take a quick moment to clarify this for anyone who may feel confused or concerned about "retired" vs "reintroduced" in terms of Flight Rising's game development.

When we say something is retired, the item is unavailable or unobtainable by the gameplay means in which it was originally introduced (this commonly happens with festival apparel, familiars, and skins, for instance).

Reintroducing an item back into circulation would mean players can once again acquire it through those original means. This is not what we are doing with Roundsey. Retired items are making brief and limited appearances in a new feature.

(thank you to everyone for discussing this issue with each other constructively and respectfully. you rock!) (^^)b
I like it. One shiny object out of the thousands of people playing isn't gonna ruin anything for me.
I like it. One shiny object out of the thousands of people playing isn't gonna ruin anything for me.
Hello
1WHOIfu.gif
But the question is... Who donated the skycat...?
But the question is... Who donated the skycat...?
The skycat is adorable but I really really really really really really really REALLY wanna see a bone fiend, they're my absolute favorite retired familiar <3
The skycat is adorable but I really really really really really really really REALLY wanna see a bone fiend, they're my absolute favorite retired familiar <3
jKNxJDc.png 93911943.png 93991508.png 93890069.png 92702429.png
[quote name="Aequorin" date="2018-09-13 11:28:25" ] Reading over things, it looks like there may be a misunderstanding about what reintroducing an item entails. I want to take a quick moment to clarify this for anyone who may feel confused or concerned about "retired" vs "reintroduced" in terms of Flight Rising's game development. When we say something is retired, the item is unavailable or unobtainable by the gameplay means in which it was originally introduced (this commonly happens with festival apparel, familiars, and skins, for instance). Reintroducing an item back into circulation would mean players can once again acquire it through those original means. This is not what we are doing with Roundsey. Retired items are making brief and limited appearances in a new feature. (thank you to everyone for discussing this issue with each other constructively and respectfully. you rock!) (^^)b [/quote] @Aequorin This still does concern me. I really do love this website. [b]I am not trying to be hostile with my post. Forgive me if it seems that way. I am trying to understand what is going on, going off of prior statements by the staff and current statements. I really hope this doesnt come off the wrong way, especially with my screenshots. You said in the past that retired meant never coming back, and distinguish vs cycled which will occasionally come back. This is kinda my major concern and what I am struggling to understand with what is going on now. [/b] Even if these appearances are brief and limited, they're still being generated. They are new items entering the pool. I know it's only a few. I get that. I've had like 30 people jam that down my throat already. I totally understand it's only 10 or 20 or what ever number and that wont effect sales. I don't care about the value of the items. From what the staff had said in the past, and as well as what is on the on-site wiki page, Retired means Retired. That means it wont be generated any more. The amount already on site is the amount that will exist. [img]https://i.gyazo.com/38149ec1565863116d2933694fe4f603.png[/img] [img]https://i.gyazo.com/4238c317966f94eef06d3b93c3574268.png[/img] [img]https://i.gyazo.com/b5ac6e7a5c2c96b408e1cd27846e814d.png[/img] [img]https://i.gyazo.com/bdf07f7d042de67bb2a2e497824cce20.png[/img] [img]https://i.gyazo.com/8da8ed5c8a596b06e37179121c1b68de.png[/img] [img]https://i.gyazo.com/2fb30404c733bd0044f6a206b565772c.png[/img] [img]https://i.gyazo.com/fd2a3fafa85bc25aacc81965fd7f20c2.png[/img] My concern is that somewhere, the meaning of the word got tainted or misconstrued. And in that happening, it feels like we were lied to. Maybe we weren't lied to. Maybe ya'll didn't mean what we thought you meant. But it does feel like it, and that, at least for me, is where the concern, the hurt, and even a bit of anger is coming from.
Aequorin wrote on 2018-09-13 11:28:25:

@Aequorin
This still does concern me. I really do love this website.

I am not trying to be hostile with my post. Forgive me if it seems that way. I am trying to understand what is going on, going off of prior statements by the staff and current statements. I really hope this doesnt come off the wrong way, especially with my screenshots. You said in the past that retired meant never coming back, and distinguish vs cycled which will occasionally come back. This is kinda my major concern and what I am struggling to understand with what is going on now.

Even if these appearances are brief and limited, they're still being generated. They are new items entering the pool. I know it's only a few. I get that. I've had like 30 people jam that down my throat already. I totally understand it's only 10 or 20 or what ever number and that wont effect sales.
I don't care about the value of the items.
From what the staff had said in the past, and as well as what is on the on-site wiki page, Retired means Retired. That means it wont be generated any more. The amount already on site is the amount that will exist.
38149ec1565863116d2933694fe4f603.png
4238c317966f94eef06d3b93c3574268.png
b5ac6e7a5c2c96b408e1cd27846e814d.png
bdf07f7d042de67bb2a2e497824cce20.png
8da8ed5c8a596b06e37179121c1b68de.png
2fb30404c733bd0044f6a206b565772c.png
fd2a3fafa85bc25aacc81965fd7f20c2.png

My concern is that somewhere, the meaning of the word got tainted or misconstrued.
And in that happening, it feels like we were lied to.
Maybe we weren't lied to. Maybe ya'll didn't mean what we thought you meant.
But it does feel like it, and that, at least for me, is where the concern, the hurt, and even a bit of anger is coming from.
TOW2n3q.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9