Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Favorite vs. Least Favorite Dragons
1 2 3 4 5 6
I'm curious to see how many people like certain dragons and why, and I think a discussion would be cool on the breeds; maybe it could give us ideas to make our own dragon breeds if we want to! It would also be interesting to get a different perspective on our least favorites to show the beauty in all dragons!

(is this technically a roast session for the poor least favorite breeds??)

Personally, my favorite dragon breed would have to be a tie between skydancers and wildclaws! I love how the wildclaws are similar to a dinosaur, and the skydancers look so elegant with their feathers.

My least favorite breed is definitely nocturnes. I don't know exactly why, the only way I can explain is that they're... crusty. I will try to explain this way: if I were to look at someone's foot and they had a callous, the nocturne would be the callous.

So now that I've shared my opinion, let's hear yours!
I'm curious to see how many people like certain dragons and why, and I think a discussion would be cool on the breeds; maybe it could give us ideas to make our own dragon breeds if we want to! It would also be interesting to get a different perspective on our least favorites to show the beauty in all dragons!

(is this technically a roast session for the poor least favorite breeds??)

Personally, my favorite dragon breed would have to be a tie between skydancers and wildclaws! I love how the wildclaws are similar to a dinosaur, and the skydancers look so elegant with their feathers.

My least favorite breed is definitely nocturnes. I don't know exactly why, the only way I can explain is that they're... crusty. I will try to explain this way: if I were to look at someone's foot and they had a callous, the nocturne would be the callous.

So now that I've shared my opinion, let's hear yours!
PzWJccB.pngXBhgPWa.giftumblr_inline_n6kdvmdpmL1qlye38.gif
I think that Coatls are my favorite. It's hard to describe what I like about them, but I just really like their general... aesthetic.

As for my least favorite, Snappers for sure. I'm surprised you dislike Nocturnes that much, though. I definitely figured you'd have mean things to say about Snappers.
I think that Coatls are my favorite. It's hard to describe what I like about them, but I just really like their general... aesthetic.

As for my least favorite, Snappers for sure. I'm surprised you dislike Nocturnes that much, though. I definitely figured you'd have mean things to say about Snappers.
Hmm... My favorite dragon breed is a tie between pearlcatchers and spirals! Pearlcatchers because they're a little eastern-dragon-esque, and they have really interesting lore revolving around their pearl. Spirals because they're very noodley and have lots of expression!

My least favorite are snappers. I know that I have one myself but... they just look kind of... awkward and clumsy. It's not what you'd expect in a dragon.
Hmm... My favorite dragon breed is a tie between pearlcatchers and spirals! Pearlcatchers because they're a little eastern-dragon-esque, and they have really interesting lore revolving around their pearl. Spirals because they're very noodley and have lots of expression!

My least favorite are snappers. I know that I have one myself but... they just look kind of... awkward and clumsy. It's not what you'd expect in a dragon.
mapleshaiku_siggy.png
@Zyzz I actually find the snappers adorable! They seem so happy and remind me of cute turtles waddling along.
@Zyzz I actually find the snappers adorable! They seem so happy and remind me of cute turtles waddling along.
@katsrule64

Aww. That's a nice way to think about it. I just kind of dislike their mouths if that makes sense? Idk, like.. the mouth on the male one just looks really awkward. But everybody's different c:
@katsrule64

Aww. That's a nice way to think about it. I just kind of dislike their mouths if that makes sense? Idk, like.. the mouth on the male one just looks really awkward. But everybody's different c:
@Zyzz I get what you mean! (The male snappers do look a little silly, to be honest.) I don't really like the nocturne's mouths. I can't even distinguish it. It all just looks bumpy and confusing to me!
@Zyzz I get what you mean! (The male snappers do look a little silly, to be honest.) I don't really like the nocturne's mouths. I can't even distinguish it. It all just looks bumpy and confusing to me!
my favourite breeds are bogsneaks! While my least favourite are the imperials!

Theres just something so weird to me about them... i cant really put my finger on it but they just look... strange

but even though theyre my least favourite breed i still like a good handful of them, one of my breeding projects revolves around them!

i can understand the nocturne dislike though, they look a bit lifeless to me with their poses.
my favourite breeds are bogsneaks! While my least favourite are the imperials!

Theres just something so weird to me about them... i cant really put my finger on it but they just look... strange

but even though theyre my least favourite breed i still like a good handful of them, one of my breeding projects revolves around them!

i can understand the nocturne dislike though, they look a bit lifeless to me with their poses.
My favorite dragon breeds are pearlcatchers and spirals. I like pearlcatchers because of their design and the thing about the pearls (but not so much their snobbiness..) and spirals because they're just so cute and easy to dress and... what's not to love about spirals?

My least favorites are tundras. I am not really sure why, but they're just... most of the time they're either too plain, too wonky, or too... un-dragon-y for my tastes.. it's so hard for them to look good.
My favorite dragon breeds are pearlcatchers and spirals. I like pearlcatchers because of their design and the thing about the pearls (but not so much their snobbiness..) and spirals because they're just so cute and easy to dress and... what's not to love about spirals?

My least favorites are tundras. I am not really sure why, but they're just... most of the time they're either too plain, too wonky, or too... un-dragon-y for my tastes.. it's so hard for them to look good.
imageedit_7_8440965932.png
✧✧✧ AXES - THEY - 21 ✧✧✧
•••
MY HATCHERY
imageedit_6_5428970908.png
i think pearlcatchers are my favorite in general, followed by skydancers. i just love both genders' poses so much for both breeds. i also love other breeds, but i'm usually a bit more partial to one gender or another appearance-wise (for example, i really love male wildclaws, but i'm kinda w/e about the female pose).

mirrors are probably my least favorite. don't get me wrong, i REALLY like their design tbh, and i've had one or two myself; i just for some reason don't like outfits or genes on them as much bc they don't seem to like. idk, stand out or something??
i think pearlcatchers are my favorite in general, followed by skydancers. i just love both genders' poses so much for both breeds. i also love other breeds, but i'm usually a bit more partial to one gender or another appearance-wise (for example, i really love male wildclaws, but i'm kinda w/e about the female pose).

mirrors are probably my least favorite. don't get me wrong, i REALLY like their design tbh, and i've had one or two myself; i just for some reason don't like outfits or genes on them as much bc they don't seem to like. idk, stand out or something??
tumblr_inline_ohdr84Jik91r7nop7_500.gif
My favorites are tied between wildclaws, coatls, and spirals. I just love a diffferent part of each of them.

I like all the different breeds in different ways, but my least favorite is probably faes. They’re cute, but too buggy for me.

My favorites are tied between wildclaws, coatls, and spirals. I just love a diffferent part of each of them.

I like all the different breeds in different ways, but my least favorite is probably faes. They’re cute, but too buggy for me.

tumblr_inline_n5l9g8PXIs1scrvs1.png
est/fr +3 - she/her
1 2 3 4 5 6