Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | New Water Breed Chances?
What do you think the odds are that this is somehow gearing up towards a new water breed? It's been a healthy bit of time since bogsneaks.. and Guardians aren't all that aquatic looking, Water seems perfectly ripe to get a neat new dragon design. And this is definitely a big deal- bigger lore-wise than the intro to Bogsneaks.

Or this is adventure mode lead-in, but..
To have it so tied into one specific flight and diety seems curious, doesn't it?
I mean, it's definitely just hopeful thinking- but does anyone else hope?

i kinda wanna doodle a design..

If it is a new breed, how do you think it would fit into lore?
Or, just in general, how do you think whatever will come out of this will fit into lore?
Maybe tidelord will get a scarred redesign? Maybe he'll create a new baby to save him from.. whatever?

Or maybe we'll get some kind of shade-tainted water dragon.. or a shade-tainted tidelord.

guys I'm excited

this is so exciting i love being here for this and looking into every theory ehehe
What do you think the odds are that this is somehow gearing up towards a new water breed? It's been a healthy bit of time since bogsneaks.. and Guardians aren't all that aquatic looking, Water seems perfectly ripe to get a neat new dragon design. And this is definitely a big deal- bigger lore-wise than the intro to Bogsneaks.

Or this is adventure mode lead-in, but..
To have it so tied into one specific flight and diety seems curious, doesn't it?
I mean, it's definitely just hopeful thinking- but does anyone else hope?

i kinda wanna doodle a design..

If it is a new breed, how do you think it would fit into lore?
Or, just in general, how do you think whatever will come out of this will fit into lore?
Maybe tidelord will get a scarred redesign? Maybe he'll create a new baby to save him from.. whatever?

Or maybe we'll get some kind of shade-tainted water dragon.. or a shade-tainted tidelord.

guys I'm excited

this is so exciting i love being here for this and looking into every theory ehehe
She/He
Pan - Poly
Drew / Lemons
1tpb8sw.gif
I think something like this could be neat ? I'd like something that looks like weird deep oceanic stuff, right? But we have so many finned things that maybe something more like a beta's fins that flow and such would look better... tried to go for a kinda eel-ish face. [img]https://i.imgur.com/u18AAn5.png[/img]
I think something like this could be neat ? I'd like something that looks like weird deep oceanic stuff, right? But we have so many finned things that maybe something more like a beta's fins that flow and such would look better... tried to go for a kinda eel-ish face.
u18AAn5.png
She/He
Pan - Poly
Drew / Lemons
1tpb8sw.gif
From what I understand its a pretty darn slim chance....but I do hope we get a new dragon soon. I don't care what type, just something! Its seriously been a long time I think it'd be interesting to see what they do.
From what I understand its a pretty darn slim chance....but I do hope we get a new dragon soon. I don't care what type, just something! Its seriously been a long time I think it'd be interesting to see what they do.
is it weird that i got an [item=aqua deepsea bulb] from pink after lookimg at this thread anyway i really hope that happens, ive been asking for such a breed for ages
is it weird that i got an Aqua Deepsea Bulb from pink after lookimg at this thread
anyway i really hope that happens, ive been asking for such a breed for ages
|||||zel
Glowbug she/her
actual spore creature
A new breed would be cool, i'm doubtful but it would be cool. For some reason I think it would be neat if tidelord came back, rescued splash, but she returns as a new breed. Would tie up some loose ends with the lore, tide dad would be back, and we'd have a new breed!
A new breed would be cool, i'm doubtful but it would be cool. For some reason I think it would be neat if tidelord came back, rescued splash, but she returns as a new breed. Would tie up some loose ends with the lore, tide dad would be back, and we'd have a new breed!
Tnv9hAT.png JrZGMGx.png
mlHpBMC.png
1YB0OjO.png
5hF3FGk.png
YMPbu9R.png
I'd say the chances of it being a new breed are low; however, if it is a new water breed, I hope it's eel-like or at least reptilian with piscine features. In other words, sea serpent or bust.
I'd say the chances of it being a new breed are low; however, if it is a new water breed, I hope it's eel-like or at least reptilian with piscine features. In other words, sea serpent or bust.
I think it's incredibly low, but it may have some merit.

The last major lore update was the Beastclans and Nocturnes in 2014 before Baldwin in 2015 and the Bogsneaks in late 2016. BotE was the one for 2018, I suppose. Four years. If anything does come of this, it will be late this year or the next.

But then, Windsinger disappeared for three years and then acted like nothing happened, so.

It's hard to tell. I wouldn't get too excited.
I think it's incredibly low, but it may have some merit.

The last major lore update was the Beastclans and Nocturnes in 2014 before Baldwin in 2015 and the Bogsneaks in late 2016. BotE was the one for 2018, I suppose. Four years. If anything does come of this, it will be late this year or the next.

But then, Windsinger disappeared for three years and then acted like nothing happened, so.

It's hard to tell. I wouldn't get too excited.
Silver Pocketwatch Copper Pocketwatch
@retrodetective

He... Did? I've been here for 3 years- when did Windsinger disappear haha?

@BezimiennyRaptor

I know for sure it's like.. unlikely.. It just seems like this must be gearing up to SOMETHING big.. Like- I suppose it's just because I've only been around for this event and not the beast clans event but like, this feels so big! I dunno!

Whatever it is, I hope it pays off in some interesting way. Whether it's a new breed or some adventure mode announcement or even just a permababied splash getting to reside in Tidelord's lair. That'd make me happy :,3c
@retrodetective

He... Did? I've been here for 3 years- when did Windsinger disappear haha?

@BezimiennyRaptor

I know for sure it's like.. unlikely.. It just seems like this must be gearing up to SOMETHING big.. Like- I suppose it's just because I've only been around for this event and not the beast clans event but like, this feels so big! I dunno!

Whatever it is, I hope it pays off in some interesting way. Whether it's a new breed or some adventure mode announcement or even just a permababied splash getting to reside in Tidelord's lair. That'd make me happy :,3c
She/He
Pan - Poly
Drew / Lemons
1tpb8sw.gif
Almost zero.
Now I wouldn't complain if it were, I hope a new breed will happen before the end of summer, but I don't think this is it.

As far as I can tell, for the 2nd part of the Voices and BotE lore each deity has something going on. An escalating situation between Nature and Plague that threatens to turn into war, my mysterious and deadly beings hidden in Earth's caves, new energy sources in Lightning and Arcane, The Lightweaver is going to "rectify" her mistake in making imperials, untold horrors locked away in the ice, etc.
The Tidelord's thing is he's missing.

It's weird and noteworthy but not really a bigger deal story-wise than the rest of the new lore we are waiting for a resolution for.

My best guess is maybe they are moving towards more interesting festivals with possible lore events for next year, since each flight seems to be building towards something.
...Which if I'm guessing correctly would mean The Tidelord disappearing won't be addressed for another year.

(Again though, I would love to be wrong. I want a new breed too.)
Almost zero.
Now I wouldn't complain if it were, I hope a new breed will happen before the end of summer, but I don't think this is it.

As far as I can tell, for the 2nd part of the Voices and BotE lore each deity has something going on. An escalating situation between Nature and Plague that threatens to turn into war, my mysterious and deadly beings hidden in Earth's caves, new energy sources in Lightning and Arcane, The Lightweaver is going to "rectify" her mistake in making imperials, untold horrors locked away in the ice, etc.
The Tidelord's thing is he's missing.

It's weird and noteworthy but not really a bigger deal story-wise than the rest of the new lore we are waiting for a resolution for.

My best guess is maybe they are moving towards more interesting festivals with possible lore events for next year, since each flight seems to be building towards something.
...Which if I'm guessing correctly would mean The Tidelord disappearing won't be addressed for another year.

(Again though, I would love to be wrong. I want a new breed too.)
@Lemonsinasoup

He had a post in 2015 March that said he was lost his map over the wyrmwound or something and was going back to find it so people thought he disappeared. It wasn't "official" of sorts, but he didn't post again until the Voices thread.
@Lemonsinasoup

He had a post in 2015 March that said he was lost his map over the wyrmwound or something and was going back to find it so people thought he disappeared. It wasn't "official" of sorts, but he didn't post again until the Voices thread.
Silver Pocketwatch Copper Pocketwatch