Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Lorebuilding 101: Lairs
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Week One: Lairs

1. Where do you live on your flight's map?

My Clan, the Chiroptera Cult, used to be situated on the edge of the Tangle Woods, not too far from the Scarred Wasteland, but it has become so big we had to relocate a few times. Now, we created a pocket dimension (mainly thanks to xxxHolic, our dimension witch), and the entrance is moved sometimes (for security purpose). The strings of fate make sure dragons who are destined to join will find the entrance.

2. What does it look like before you enter? What is the grand facade that you show to the world that this, THIS is your home!

It doesn't look like anything at first. The entrance is not something that can be seen by normal dragons, but those with strong magic affinity might feel the shift in the air when crossing the border. The inside of the pocket dimension looks like the Tangled Woods, and the edge is like a mist that grows gradually thicker until you are brought back to the Clan; you can only leave through the entrance (and visitors are usually helped by dragons from the Cult to reach it).

3. Now let’s work on the inside. What facilities will you need to service your clan? Try drawing a map!

I don't have time to draw a map XD Besides, the good thing about pocket dimensions is that you can rearrange stuff inside; it's always shifting to accomodate new dragons and needs.

Ideas include:
Sleeping areas

Each dragon has its own den/cave/treehouse/house, according to their preference, and sometimes a few dragons share their home with others.
Most dragons with research purpose (the librarian) or any kind of production (the forge, the bar, etc) have made sleeping arrangements in their workplace (usually an appendice or an upper floor to the building).
As for newer members, until they find their place they can stay at the hatchery (see below), as I don't have an inn (yet).

Storage for: Food, Hoardstuff (what do you hoard?), Metals, etc

Gotta admit I don't really have any idea for a food storage! I do have 2 dragons who are cooks (my co-Leader Gaspacho and my baker Klaus) so I expect them to keep some of the food in their kitchen. Also, I have a Gathering Team led by Solomon who are in charge of gathering, so I also expect them to leave all the food in one place.
I do have Hoard Keepers though. The bulk of my Hoard is kept in one giant cave guarded by Dunstan (whose Charge is the Hoard) and Lucky Charms (who's only interested in the treasure haha), led by my Hoard Intendant, Neda.
I expect any kind of usable metal to be kept in the Forge, down in the lava caves around the CORE that produces energy for my Clan. I have 2 forgemasters, Calcified Blood (who makes weapons), and Amber (who makes jewels).

Hatchery

Back when I used to have a hatchery (the Vespertilio Insanis Hatchery), Kodama was the Head of the Hatchery, and she was helped by Audrey. The hatchery was situated at the edge of the pocket dimension, and Kodama and Audrey both sleep amongst the eggs to better protect them; nowadays they still sleep there but the nests are empty... They still do take care of younger new members of the Cult until they find their place in it though ^^ They have a big house in addition to the nests so any kind of dragon is welcomed here until they grow up.

A place to relax or entertain

There's no real place made to relax (for now). But we do have a few entertaining places: the Koumori Circus's tents (when they are not on tour outside the Cult), Athena's library, the Colony of Bats bar, the Murciélago Cabaret, ...

Beastmaster area for keeping familiars

Pomegranate is my resident veterinarian and familiar caretaker (as well as an occasional guest in the Koumori Circus). He has a huge farm-like space to keep all familiars brought back from accross Sornieth.

Research: Library, Magic, Schooling (basic knowledge, flight school, magic training etc),

Athena manages the Library, which is huge, with several additional rooms to house some of the more travel-oriented dragons of the Cult, for a small fee in the form of knowledge (full reports of their travels and findings). Yokuru, Athena's ward and helper, is one of the only permanent members of the library, but the cosmologist Vampress also lives there permanently (since she built her Observatory above the Library), while the Archaeologist Sedona only sleeps there occasionally.
The Library is the main research hub of the Cult, as all dragons who work in these fields send regular reports to Athena for safekeeping. But there are a few dragons who choose to have their own den apart from the Library to conduct their research (either by choice or by need for isolation in the case of sensitive research).
TBC

Production: Forge, Winery, Kitchen, Farms, Potions or Brewing, Textiles, Jewelry, Spot to assemble hunters and gatherers
Other: Trading Post, Shop, Doctor/Pharmacy, Pantry, Hoard, Cellar, Prison, Barracks for guards and/or patrols, Gardens or other types of decoration.

4. Since you have that map out, do you stick to FR’s official dragon sizes? If so, make sure you have passageways for your largest dragons. Do your smaller dragons keep their own mini-colony somewhere?

5. It’s a good time to think about technology.
How technologically advanced is your clan? Do they live in "traditional" caves or a grand palace built by the best craftsmen with all the modern comforts of a home? Do they use tools to help them hunt or is it all claws and teeth? What about armor? Is it used for hunting or strictly for battle?
What about comforts? Do you use electricity or torches? Is there air conditioning or heaters? What do the beds look like? If you use blankets, who makes them? What does your hatchery or nursery look like? Is your clan literate?
Week One: Lairs

My Clan, the Chiroptera Cult, used to be situated on the edge of the Tangle Woods, not too far from the Scarred Wasteland, but it has become so big we had to relocate a few times. Now, we created a pocket dimension (mainly thanks to xxxHolic, our dimension witch), and the entrance is moved sometimes (for security purpose). The strings of fate make sure dragons who are destined to join will find the entrance.

2. What does it look like before you enter? What is the grand facade that you show to the world that this, THIS is your home!

It doesn't look like anything at first. The entrance is not something that can be seen by normal dragons, but those with strong magic affinity might feel the shift in the air when crossing the border. The inside of the pocket dimension looks like the Tangled Woods, and the edge is like a mist that grows gradually thicker until you are brought back to the Clan; you can only leave through the entrance (and visitors are usually helped by dragons from the Cult to reach it).

3. Now let’s work on the inside. What facilities will you need to service your clan? Try drawing a map!

I don't have time to draw a map XD Besides, the good thing about pocket dimensions is that you can rearrange stuff inside; it's always shifting to accomodate new dragons and needs.

Ideas include:
Sleeping areas

Each dragon has its own den/cave/treehouse/house, according to their preference, and sometimes a few dragons share their home with others.
Most dragons with research purpose (the librarian) or any kind of production (the forge, the bar, etc) have made sleeping arrangements in their workplace (usually an appendice or an upper floor to the building).
As for newer members, until they find their place they can stay at the hatchery (see below), as I don't have an inn (yet).

Storage for: Food, Hoardstuff (what do you hoard?), Metals, etc

Gotta admit I don't really have any idea for a food storage! I do have 2 dragons who are cooks (my co-Leader Gaspacho and my baker Klaus) so I expect them to keep some of the food in their kitchen. Also, I have a Gathering Team led by Solomon who are in charge of gathering, so I also expect them to leave all the food in one place.
I do have Hoard Keepers though. The bulk of my Hoard is kept in one giant cave guarded by Dunstan (whose Charge is the Hoard) and Lucky Charms (who's only interested in the treasure haha), led by my Hoard Intendant, Neda.
I expect any kind of usable metal to be kept in the Forge, down in the lava caves around the CORE that produces energy for my Clan. I have 2 forgemasters, Calcified Blood (who makes weapons), and Amber (who makes jewels).

Hatchery

Back when I used to have a hatchery (the Vespertilio Insanis Hatchery), Kodama was the Head of the Hatchery, and she was helped by Audrey. The hatchery was situated at the edge of the pocket dimension, and Kodama and Audrey both sleep amongst the eggs to better protect them; nowadays they still sleep there but the nests are empty... They still do take care of younger new members of the Cult until they find their place in it though ^^ They have a big house in addition to the nests so any kind of dragon is welcomed here until they grow up.

There's no real place made to relax (for now). But we do have a few entertaining places: the Koumori Circus's tents (when they are not on tour outside the Cult), Athena's library, the Colony of Bats bar, the Murciélago Cabaret, ...

Pomegranate is my resident veterinarian and familiar caretaker (as well as an occasional guest in the Koumori Circus). He has a huge farm-like space to keep all familiars brought back from accross Sornieth.

Research: Library, Magic, Schooling (basic knowledge, flight school, magic training etc),

Athena manages the Library, which is huge, with several additional rooms to house some of the more travel-oriented dragons of the Cult, for a small fee in the form of knowledge (full reports of their travels and findings). Yokuru, Athena's ward and helper, is one of the only permanent members of the library, but the cosmologist Vampress also lives there permanently (since she built her Observatory above the Library), while the Archaeologist Sedona only sleeps there occasionally.
The Library is the main research hub of the Cult, as all dragons who work in these fields send regular reports to Athena for safekeeping. But there are a few dragons who choose to have their own den apart from the Library to conduct their research (either by choice or by need for isolation in the case of sensitive research).
TBC

Production: Forge, Winery, Kitchen, Farms, Potions or Brewing, Textiles, Jewelry, Spot to assemble hunters and gatherers
Other: Trading Post, Shop, Doctor/Pharmacy, Pantry, Hoard, Cellar, Prison, Barracks for guards and/or patrols, Gardens or other types of decoration.

4. Since you have that map out, do you stick to FR’s official dragon sizes? If so, make sure you have passageways for your largest dragons. Do your smaller dragons keep their own mini-colony somewhere?

How technologically advanced is your clan? Do they live in "traditional" caves or a grand palace built by the best craftsmen with all the modern comforts of a home? Do they use tools to help them hunt or is it all claws and teeth? What about armor? Is it used for hunting or strictly for battle?
What about comforts? Do you use electricity or torches? Is there air conditioning or heaters? What do the beds look like? If you use blankets, who makes them? What does your hatchery or nursery look like? Is your clan literate?
eUMhm7B.png

Umm... nowhere.

Not really, but it’s fairly true. Nowhere Asylum is a band of nomads. While we spend most of our time in the Plaguelands, we have been to every part of the world. Usually, we’re on the move, so a location cannot be pinned down.

For this to make sense, our traveling method needs to be explained. Instead of packing up and moving on foot like our founders did many years ago, we utilize a hulking beast built out of flesh and bone. Its name is Dajus and was constructed by Ragnarok and Kvatyr by fusing together anything from deceased dragons to excess animals that we had hunted. The process was long, but now Dajus is massive and carries the entire camp on its back.

There is no actual entrence, no door or anything of the sort, no walls keeping us in, only the beast who allows us to travel so quickly and keep more than we can hold ourselves. If Dajus is walking, our camp is very high off the ground, about as high as a typical castle. Any would-be visitors are met with tall, thin, boney, spider-like legs carrying a fleshy mass that looks fairly flat from the ground. If approached from Dajus’s front, it’s likely to be met with Skif, its caretaker and our scout. To get to the camp, a dragon would have to fly up onto Dajus’s back, or climb one if its legs as it walks.

When resting, Dajus likes to sink into the ground with its legs tucked up underneath itself. Dajus rests for a day at the most unless we are in another territory for a festival, in which case, it rests for the duration of the celebration. When resting, our camp appears to be sitting on an oddly flat hill. It is clearly raised up several feet from the ground, but the top appears rather flat. Upon this ‘hill’ is our camp, which consists of many tents arranged in an oval with a large fire in the center, surrounded by the tents. There are also four covered cages off to one side, but we’ll get back to those further down. Anyone can come into the camp from any side.

Sleeping areas:

Everyone has their own living space, which is also a workspace if they work. Few share these spaces, so most are only home to one inmate (which is how we refer to ourselves. It has to do with our history and liberation. Within the asylum, the term’s normal meaning has been purposefully flipped on its head). Each tent is split up however its owner sets things up, so sleeping areas are up to individual inmates. Most decide to section off a small area with bedding away from the front of the tent, espicially if it is more than just a living space, which applies to most of them.

Storage:

This is also up to individuals. We don’t have any sort of collective storage. For example, a lot of the food is kept by our chef, Matid. Tersal, our blacksmith, has various metals stowed away. Aside from personal items, inmates often share or provide things having to do with their work. New inmates quickly learn who to go to if they need or want something in particular.

Hatchery:

This is something we simply don’t have and don’t need. Very few inmates ever breed, so we have no need for nesting. For instance, Ragnarok is one of those few, and does not have a nest. She just keeps her eggs in her and Tersal’s tent near her bed and takes care of everything herself.
More to be added
Advanced section will be in another post

@SporkLord As a reminder. Life's been busy. I will finish this.

Umm... nowhere.

Not really, but it’s fairly true. Nowhere Asylum is a band of nomads. While we spend most of our time in the Plaguelands, we have been to every part of the world. Usually, we’re on the move, so a location cannot be pinned down.

For this to make sense, our traveling method needs to be explained. Instead of packing up and moving on foot like our founders did many years ago, we utilize a hulking beast built out of flesh and bone. Its name is Dajus and was constructed by Ragnarok and Kvatyr by fusing together anything from deceased dragons to excess animals that we had hunted. The process was long, but now Dajus is massive and carries the entire camp on its back.

There is no actual entrence, no door or anything of the sort, no walls keeping us in, only the beast who allows us to travel so quickly and keep more than we can hold ourselves. If Dajus is walking, our camp is very high off the ground, about as high as a typical castle. Any would-be visitors are met with tall, thin, boney, spider-like legs carrying a fleshy mass that looks fairly flat from the ground. If approached from Dajus’s front, it’s likely to be met with Skif, its caretaker and our scout. To get to the camp, a dragon would have to fly up onto Dajus’s back, or climb one if its legs as it walks.

When resting, Dajus likes to sink into the ground with its legs tucked up underneath itself. Dajus rests for a day at the most unless we are in another territory for a festival, in which case, it rests for the duration of the celebration. When resting, our camp appears to be sitting on an oddly flat hill. It is clearly raised up several feet from the ground, but the top appears rather flat. Upon this ‘hill’ is our camp, which consists of many tents arranged in an oval with a large fire in the center, surrounded by the tents. There are also four covered cages off to one side, but we’ll get back to those further down. Anyone can come into the camp from any side.

Sleeping areas:

Everyone has their own living space, which is also a workspace if they work. Few share these spaces, so most are only home to one inmate (which is how we refer to ourselves. It has to do with our history and liberation. Within the asylum, the term’s normal meaning has been purposefully flipped on its head). Each tent is split up however its owner sets things up, so sleeping areas are up to individual inmates. Most decide to section off a small area with bedding away from the front of the tent, espicially if it is more than just a living space, which applies to most of them.

Storage:

This is also up to individuals. We don’t have any sort of collective storage. For example, a lot of the food is kept by our chef, Matid. Tersal, our blacksmith, has various metals stowed away. Aside from personal items, inmates often share or provide things having to do with their work. New inmates quickly learn who to go to if they need or want something in particular.

Hatchery:

This is something we simply don’t have and don’t need. Very few inmates ever breed, so we have no need for nesting. For instance, Ragnarok is one of those few, and does not have a nest. She just keeps her eggs in her and Tersal’s tent near her bed and takes care of everything herself.
More to be added
Advanced section will be in another post

@SporkLord As a reminder. Life's been busy. I will finish this.
Ljw7JvQ.png
dBieivA.png
VL4xbrl.png
WI7lnRZ.png
RYOGC9t.png v886aA7.png etQ32zN.png
Verglas Manor is situated in a valley in the Cloudscrape Crags. It faces the ocean, with the mainland on the horizon.

High cliffs soar out of the ocean and support a large forest that carpets the bottom of the valley. The domes of a large complex peek through the gaps in the trees. Frozen rivers and lakes wind their way down the highest mountain, drawing your eyes to a huge alabaster castle at it's peak. To the left, a slightly smaller citadel reflects golden light. To the right, and industrial fortress pierces the sky and seems to take in all light.

Sleeping areas: Residents sleep in luxurious rooms underneath the manor.

Storage: Food is kept in a deep cellar that is only accessible through the kitchens. Other items are stored in the vault, unless the owner cannot bear to be separated with it. Any materials are kept in the area where they are used.

Hatchery: The hatchery complex resides in the smaller citadel.
A place to relax or entertain: Residents entertain other residents in their personal rooms or in the dining hall, but travelers and messengers are taken to the library.

Research: The library is located on the second floor and has tables for reading or discussion as well as separate areas for books and scrolls. Dragonets learn their trade by learning from other dragons who already have that job or by traveling and learning that way.

Production: A forge is located beneath the manor in order to keep it warm. A large theatre graces the first floor. Obsidian Keep is reserved for the Assassin's Guild and their associates.

I stick to official dragon sizes. The manor's halls can comfortably hold three imperials side-by-side with their wings extended and are tall enough for flight. Smaller dragons do not have special accommodations, though they often share rooms with other small dragons.

Verglas Manor is a feat of architecture and is very ornate. Only the best architects and builders are hired to make extensions. Simple weapons and tools are used in the manor, but all the lights are electric. The forge is the only source of heat, so the upper floors can get pretty cool. In the other complexes, natural geysers heat the floor. Beds are either hammocks or piles of fabric and pillows laid on the floor. The pillows and fabric come from trading with local beastclans.

1. Let’s talk about invaders. Other dragons, beastclan, maybe an angry bug that just wants a new home and is drilling in your tree... How defendable is your lair? If something were to get in, how would it do it? Do you build your own defenses or are there natural structures in your lair that discourages such a thing. Now’s a good time to revisit that map of your lair…
The Assassin's guild keeps a close eye on the valley's borders and someone rarely sneaks in, but if they make it into the forest and enter through the Healing Domes, they will undoubtedly be met with an angry ice spirit who used to live in the manor, along with some assassins and a guard patrol. The mountains serve as a barrier from the rest of the island and strong winds from the Twisting Crescendo throw dragons off course who try to enter from the oceanside. A magical barrier also confuses the mind of those who seek Verglas Manor. As for defenses, there is no doubt a lot of magic surrounding the entire valley and if it needed to defend itself, it would.

2. How is justice dealt with in your clan? There’s bound to be squabbles and consequences. Do you have a jail?
A counsel of 20 dragons run life at Verglas Manor. Only five of these dragons concern themselves with the laws of the clan, but if someone is accused of a crime, the entire counsel weighs in. There is not usually a need for a prison, but dragons who have committed a horrible crime are thrown into the dungeons to rot.

3. Okay, focus on something more fun: The hoard!
Is it just in a giant pile somewhere like a traditional dragon hoard? Or is there someone who sorts things and your hoard looks more like a warehouse. Do individual dragons have hoards of their own? Where is that kept?
All valuables are kept in the vault, which is located in a secret location that only a select few dragons know about. The Master of Commerce is the only dragon who knows precisely where anything is within the vault and is the only one who can retrieve something without triggering several curses.
Verglas Manor is situated in a valley in the Cloudscrape Crags. It faces the ocean, with the mainland on the horizon.

High cliffs soar out of the ocean and support a large forest that carpets the bottom of the valley. The domes of a large complex peek through the gaps in the trees. Frozen rivers and lakes wind their way down the highest mountain, drawing your eyes to a huge alabaster castle at it's peak. To the left, a slightly smaller citadel reflects golden light. To the right, and industrial fortress pierces the sky and seems to take in all light.

Sleeping areas: Residents sleep in luxurious rooms underneath the manor.

Storage: Food is kept in a deep cellar that is only accessible through the kitchens. Other items are stored in the vault, unless the owner cannot bear to be separated with it. Any materials are kept in the area where they are used.

Hatchery: The hatchery complex resides in the smaller citadel.
A place to relax or entertain: Residents entertain other residents in their personal rooms or in the dining hall, but travelers and messengers are taken to the library.

Research: The library is located on the second floor and has tables for reading or discussion as well as separate areas for books and scrolls. Dragonets learn their trade by learning from other dragons who already have that job or by traveling and learning that way.

Production: A forge is located beneath the manor in order to keep it warm. A large theatre graces the first floor. Obsidian Keep is reserved for the Assassin's Guild and their associates.

I stick to official dragon sizes. The manor's halls can comfortably hold three imperials side-by-side with their wings extended and are tall enough for flight. Smaller dragons do not have special accommodations, though they often share rooms with other small dragons.

Verglas Manor is a feat of architecture and is very ornate. Only the best architects and builders are hired to make extensions. Simple weapons and tools are used in the manor, but all the lights are electric. The forge is the only source of heat, so the upper floors can get pretty cool. In the other complexes, natural geysers heat the floor. Beds are either hammocks or piles of fabric and pillows laid on the floor. The pillows and fabric come from trading with local beastclans.

1. Let’s talk about invaders. Other dragons, beastclan, maybe an angry bug that just wants a new home and is drilling in your tree... How defendable is your lair? If something were to get in, how would it do it? Do you build your own defenses or are there natural structures in your lair that discourages such a thing. Now’s a good time to revisit that map of your lair…
The Assassin's guild keeps a close eye on the valley's borders and someone rarely sneaks in, but if they make it into the forest and enter through the Healing Domes, they will undoubtedly be met with an angry ice spirit who used to live in the manor, along with some assassins and a guard patrol. The mountains serve as a barrier from the rest of the island and strong winds from the Twisting Crescendo throw dragons off course who try to enter from the oceanside. A magical barrier also confuses the mind of those who seek Verglas Manor. As for defenses, there is no doubt a lot of magic surrounding the entire valley and if it needed to defend itself, it would.

2. How is justice dealt with in your clan? There’s bound to be squabbles and consequences. Do you have a jail?
A counsel of 20 dragons run life at Verglas Manor. Only five of these dragons concern themselves with the laws of the clan, but if someone is accused of a crime, the entire counsel weighs in. There is not usually a need for a prison, but dragons who have committed a horrible crime are thrown into the dungeons to rot.

Is it just in a giant pile somewhere like a traditional dragon hoard? Or is there someone who sorts things and your hoard looks more like a warehouse. Do individual dragons have hoards of their own? Where is that kept?
All valuables are kept in the vault, which is located in a secret location that only a select few dragons know about. The Master of Commerce is the only dragon who knows precisely where anything is within the vault and is the only one who can retrieve something without triggering several curses.
tumblr_our8hfOuzy1wy5ljoo1_100.png
@Shian - May I be added to the pinglist?

Lairs

Where do you live on your flight's map?

Embli Dam is in the northeast corner of the Driftwood Drag, near a split in a river that heads into the Wispwillow Grove. It's a bit north of the delta proper and situated on a small hill. The land around the dam floods easily.

What does it look like before you enter? What is the grand facade that you show to the world that this, THIS is your home!

It looks like a dam. A moderately small one (for now), as the dam and the surrounding hillside are still under construction. The canon lore says something about using natural dams as a base, but those natural dams aren't very architecturally sound. This one has been specially fortified for dwelling, both above and below ground. That said, it is made of wood. It looks like a cross between a very large beaver dam and a smallish human-made dam, though it's quite a bit larger than either. The majority of it lies under the water.

Now let’s work on the inside. What facilities will you need to service your clan? Try drawing a map!

Maybe a map later. I'm horrible at realistic dimensions, and with the multi-storied layout of the dam itself, it'd just turn into a glorified blueprint. I'd welcome any advice on making a non-blueprinty map!

In the meantime, let's settle for some descriptions:

Sleeping Areas: Elara and Nocturne have a little nest near the top of the dam, on and just below the outside floors. They've got a nice little apartment, and there's plenty of room for the hatchlings down below the watermark. The three guards have a station nearby, but Vynden and Amri each have their own separate apartments in the third level down. Orion prefers to sleep on the first level.

Storage: The hoard and the vault are actually located under the river itself, on the lowest level and on one of the furthest points from the dam proper. Living things are stored in specially designed mini-environments created by Amri. For a Plagueling, she's really quite good at that.

Hatchery: The fourth level down is occupied by the hatchery, nursery, and other hatchling-friendly areas, such as the school and a part of the library (which also takes up the majority of the fifth level). The use of the hatchery is highly individual, though -- a family might choose to make use of their own apartments while nesting. All foundling eggs are kept in the hatchery, though.

Relaxation and Entertainment: Since the clan is small right now, most often clan members get together on the top level, as its open to the air and has the most space. However, there are also some common areas built into the lower levels.

Beastmaster Area: Bonded familiars tend to live with a given family. However, unbonded familiars are kept in the same sort of mini-environments as every other living creature kept by the clan.

Research: The library takes up the part of the fourth and most of the fifth level of the dam. It's not currently staffed, and the organization is atrocious. The school is on the fourth level, and is directly connected to the nursery.

Orion keeps a lab on the lowest level, furthest away from the dam proper -- though it doesn't get used as often as he would like. Elara and Amri have sealed it off from the rest of the dam so that any destruction of the lab won't affect the rest of the structure.

Production: Right now the clan doesn't produce much. Each apartment comes equipped with its own kitchen. There's a central kitchen, but it's not often used for anything more than a glorified pantry. Other than that, the clan doesn't make much of its own materials as of yet.

Other: The clan is small enough that it doesn't really utilize a central area for trading or shopping. Items are disbursed by whoever brought them in, and extras are kept in the hoard.

Amri is the sole medic of the clan, though everyone is supposed to have some first aid knowledge. There is a small medical ward on the fifth level, and an emergency medical ward on the second level, for dragons who just can't be moved or who Elara and Nocturne don't want down in the lower levels.

The prison is formally on the lowest level, far upriver of the rest of the dam and protected by particularly strong currents. However, the holding area on the second and top levels is used more often. Guard barracks are located on the top level of the dam. Vynden is working on installing floating barracks closer to the prison, as well.

Since you have that map out, do you stick to FR’s official dragon sizes? If so, make sure you have passageways for your largest dragons. Do your smaller dragons keep their own mini-colony somewhere?

I don't think so. It wouldn't make sense given the sheer size of some of them. The general differences in size would exist, but not to the degree of official cannon.

How technologically advanced is your clan?

The clan relies more on magic than on technology, but they know the technology is out there. Except for Orion, though, they don't have much use for it.

Do they live in "traditional" caves or a grand palace built by the best craftsmen with all the modern comforts of a home?

Neither. They live in a largely wooden structure. It lacks what we'd consider modern things, so it's not like it's cutting edge. But it's comfortable and regularly maintenanced.

Do they use tools to help them hunt or is it all claws and teeth?

They use tools as needed, but not if they don't have to. Everything is made by hand or traded for, so if it's not necessary it probably won't be used.

What about armor? Is it used for hunting or strictly for battle?

I haven't really decided that part. I'm thinking it can be used for hunting, but is more likely to be used by older, more cautious hunters who travel further from the clan and so are more likely to run into enemies.

Do you use electricity or torches?

A large number of torches in a wooden structure would just be asking for trouble. But they don't use electricity, either. They use phosphorescent substances to navigate in dark corridors. The lower levels and all residences also have special shatter-resistant lamps. Orion likes to turn them all different colors as a prank.

Is there air conditioning or heaters?

There are sort of heaters, which are used mostly to keep the lower levels warm. These are made of the same sort of material as the lamps. Orion designed them as a steady heat source that wouldn't burn the dam down.

What do the beds look like?

That depends on the dragon. All residences are equipped with cheap feather beds and lots of blankets. But these are sometimes too small or uncomfortably thin. Some dragons prefer to make a nest out of blankets -- some prefer to ask Amri very nicely to fashion them a more comfortable den. This is more popular with dragons new to the clan and with hatchlings.

If you use blankets, who makes them?

The cheap blankets found in every room are traded for. The clan is small and doesn't have a lot of money, so that's often all they can afford. However, on special occasions, each dragon is given a nice quilt that's been gifted to Elara and Nocturne in exchange for sending their current prisoners and captives to serve the Shadowbinder and other deities. Elara and Nocturne refuse to say anything about where the new blankets come from or what was traded for them. The blankets are made by acolytes of the deities.

What does your hatchery or nursery look like?

Both the hatchery and the nursery are on the fourth level, which is completely underwater. It gets quite cold sometimes, so the center of each room is dominated by one of Orion's glass fireplaces. Portable torches and heaters are also available for hatchling and family use. There are lots of communal blankets, books, and toys.

Is your clan literate?

Yes. If someone comes to the clan unable to read or write, they are taught to do so by another clanmate, usually Nocturne or Orion.

How defendable is your lair? If something were to get in, how would it do it? Do you build your own defenses are are there natural structures in your lair that discourage such a thing?

Embli Dam is most susceptible to underwater attacks. To that end, the outside surfaces are rigged to release a fluorescent substance when breached that causes the whole area to light up. This alerts the guards, who will call for backup if needed.

Within the dam, rooms are built to be sealed off if necessary, so the whole dam doesn't collapse if part of it is breached.

How is justice dealt with in your clan? There's bound to be squabbles and consequences. Do you have a jail? Maybe a full-blown prison. Or maybe a guillotine.

There is a jail, but that is for prisoners only. There's a small holding area on the top and second levels that acts as a local cool-down area for arguments and fights that get out of hand. Perpetrators are most likely to be assigned construction work or extra chores for relatively minor things. In extreme cases, a member of the clan may be exiled. They have a certain amount of time to leave the area, after which they may be treated as a regular prisoner if they're seen around there again.

Okay, focus on something more fun: the hoard! Is it just in a giant pile somewhere like a traditional dragon hoard? Or is there someone who sorts things and your hoard looks more like a warehouse? Do individual dragons have hoards of their own? Where is that kept?

I outlined where the hoard is in the map/layout section. There's a large room stocked with food and commonly-needed supplies. That leads into a hallway, which ends at deep storage: that's where things that are too dangerous are kept in secure containers. The hallway has lots of doors that lead to more rooms, each with its own set of items. It's very neat and organized: Elara started it that way, and Amri maintains it. Individual dragons have room for their own hoards there, as well.
@Shian - May I be added to the pinglist?

Lairs

Where do you live on your flight's map?

Embli Dam is in the northeast corner of the Driftwood Drag, near a split in a river that heads into the Wispwillow Grove. It's a bit north of the delta proper and situated on a small hill. The land around the dam floods easily.

What does it look like before you enter? What is the grand facade that you show to the world that this, THIS is your home!

It looks like a dam. A moderately small one (for now), as the dam and the surrounding hillside are still under construction. The canon lore says something about using natural dams as a base, but those natural dams aren't very architecturally sound. This one has been specially fortified for dwelling, both above and below ground. That said, it is made of wood. It looks like a cross between a very large beaver dam and a smallish human-made dam, though it's quite a bit larger than either. The majority of it lies under the water.

Now let’s work on the inside. What facilities will you need to service your clan? Try drawing a map!

Maybe a map later. I'm horrible at realistic dimensions, and with the multi-storied layout of the dam itself, it'd just turn into a glorified blueprint. I'd welcome any advice on making a non-blueprinty map!

In the meantime, let's settle for some descriptions:

Sleeping Areas: Elara and Nocturne have a little nest near the top of the dam, on and just below the outside floors. They've got a nice little apartment, and there's plenty of room for the hatchlings down below the watermark. The three guards have a station nearby, but Vynden and Amri each have their own separate apartments in the third level down. Orion prefers to sleep on the first level.

Storage: The hoard and the vault are actually located under the river itself, on the lowest level and on one of the furthest points from the dam proper. Living things are stored in specially designed mini-environments created by Amri. For a Plagueling, she's really quite good at that.

Hatchery: The fourth level down is occupied by the hatchery, nursery, and other hatchling-friendly areas, such as the school and a part of the library (which also takes up the majority of the fifth level). The use of the hatchery is highly individual, though -- a family might choose to make use of their own apartments while nesting. All foundling eggs are kept in the hatchery, though.

Relaxation and Entertainment: Since the clan is small right now, most often clan members get together on the top level, as its open to the air and has the most space. However, there are also some common areas built into the lower levels.

Beastmaster Area: Bonded familiars tend to live with a given family. However, unbonded familiars are kept in the same sort of mini-environments as every other living creature kept by the clan.

Research: The library takes up the part of the fourth and most of the fifth level of the dam. It's not currently staffed, and the organization is atrocious. The school is on the fourth level, and is directly connected to the nursery.

Orion keeps a lab on the lowest level, furthest away from the dam proper -- though it doesn't get used as often as he would like. Elara and Amri have sealed it off from the rest of the dam so that any destruction of the lab won't affect the rest of the structure.

Production: Right now the clan doesn't produce much. Each apartment comes equipped with its own kitchen. There's a central kitchen, but it's not often used for anything more than a glorified pantry. Other than that, the clan doesn't make much of its own materials as of yet.

Other: The clan is small enough that it doesn't really utilize a central area for trading or shopping. Items are disbursed by whoever brought them in, and extras are kept in the hoard.

Amri is the sole medic of the clan, though everyone is supposed to have some first aid knowledge. There is a small medical ward on the fifth level, and an emergency medical ward on the second level, for dragons who just can't be moved or who Elara and Nocturne don't want down in the lower levels.

The prison is formally on the lowest level, far upriver of the rest of the dam and protected by particularly strong currents. However, the holding area on the second and top levels is used more often. Guard barracks are located on the top level of the dam. Vynden is working on installing floating barracks closer to the prison, as well.

Since you have that map out, do you stick to FR’s official dragon sizes? If so, make sure you have passageways for your largest dragons. Do your smaller dragons keep their own mini-colony somewhere?

I don't think so. It wouldn't make sense given the sheer size of some of them. The general differences in size would exist, but not to the degree of official cannon.

How technologically advanced is your clan?

The clan relies more on magic than on technology, but they know the technology is out there. Except for Orion, though, they don't have much use for it.

Do they live in "traditional" caves or a grand palace built by the best craftsmen with all the modern comforts of a home?

Neither. They live in a largely wooden structure. It lacks what we'd consider modern things, so it's not like it's cutting edge. But it's comfortable and regularly maintenanced.

Do they use tools to help them hunt or is it all claws and teeth?

They use tools as needed, but not if they don't have to. Everything is made by hand or traded for, so if it's not necessary it probably won't be used.

What about armor? Is it used for hunting or strictly for battle?

I haven't really decided that part. I'm thinking it can be used for hunting, but is more likely to be used by older, more cautious hunters who travel further from the clan and so are more likely to run into enemies.

Do you use electricity or torches?

A large number of torches in a wooden structure would just be asking for trouble. But they don't use electricity, either. They use phosphorescent substances to navigate in dark corridors. The lower levels and all residences also have special shatter-resistant lamps. Orion likes to turn them all different colors as a prank.

Is there air conditioning or heaters?

There are sort of heaters, which are used mostly to keep the lower levels warm. These are made of the same sort of material as the lamps. Orion designed them as a steady heat source that wouldn't burn the dam down.

What do the beds look like?

That depends on the dragon. All residences are equipped with cheap feather beds and lots of blankets. But these are sometimes too small or uncomfortably thin. Some dragons prefer to make a nest out of blankets -- some prefer to ask Amri very nicely to fashion them a more comfortable den. This is more popular with dragons new to the clan and with hatchlings.

If you use blankets, who makes them?

The cheap blankets found in every room are traded for. The clan is small and doesn't have a lot of money, so that's often all they can afford. However, on special occasions, each dragon is given a nice quilt that's been gifted to Elara and Nocturne in exchange for sending their current prisoners and captives to serve the Shadowbinder and other deities. Elara and Nocturne refuse to say anything about where the new blankets come from or what was traded for them. The blankets are made by acolytes of the deities.

What does your hatchery or nursery look like?

Both the hatchery and the nursery are on the fourth level, which is completely underwater. It gets quite cold sometimes, so the center of each room is dominated by one of Orion's glass fireplaces. Portable torches and heaters are also available for hatchling and family use. There are lots of communal blankets, books, and toys.

Is your clan literate?

Yes. If someone comes to the clan unable to read or write, they are taught to do so by another clanmate, usually Nocturne or Orion.

How defendable is your lair? If something were to get in, how would it do it? Do you build your own defenses are are there natural structures in your lair that discourage such a thing?

Embli Dam is most susceptible to underwater attacks. To that end, the outside surfaces are rigged to release a fluorescent substance when breached that causes the whole area to light up. This alerts the guards, who will call for backup if needed.

Within the dam, rooms are built to be sealed off if necessary, so the whole dam doesn't collapse if part of it is breached.

How is justice dealt with in your clan? There's bound to be squabbles and consequences. Do you have a jail? Maybe a full-blown prison. Or maybe a guillotine.

There is a jail, but that is for prisoners only. There's a small holding area on the top and second levels that acts as a local cool-down area for arguments and fights that get out of hand. Perpetrators are most likely to be assigned construction work or extra chores for relatively minor things. In extreme cases, a member of the clan may be exiled. They have a certain amount of time to leave the area, after which they may be treated as a regular prisoner if they're seen around there again.

Okay, focus on something more fun: the hoard! Is it just in a giant pile somewhere like a traditional dragon hoard? Or is there someone who sorts things and your hoard looks more like a warehouse? Do individual dragons have hoards of their own? Where is that kept?

I outlined where the hoard is in the map/layout section. There's a large room stocked with food and commonly-needed supplies. That leads into a hallway, which ends at deep storage: that's where things that are too dangerous are kept in secure containers. The hallway has lots of doors that lead to more rooms, each with its own set of items. It's very neat and organized: Elara started it that way, and Amri maintains it. Individual dragons have room for their own hoards there, as well.
@Shian

Pinglist me please!
@Shian

Pinglist me please!
CS0nkUR.png
[center][size=5][font=times new roman]Week One: [s]Lairs[/s] Towers[/font][/size] ----- [font=arial][b]1. Where do you live on your flight's map?[/b] [img]https://imgur.com/3UUzidv.png[/img] [b]2. What does it look like before you enter? What is the grand facade that you show to the world that this, THIS is your home! [/b] The arid, desert landscape of the Shifting Expanse is already hard to navigate. Around where COVEN is, it's even worse. Sandstorms are common, and storms, if ever, are harsh and even cause flooding. But once you get past all of that, it's six tall towers made out of various materials. They're very different from each other, as if the blueprints were mixed up somehow. Exi Towers. Six tall towers stand tall in the barren desert, undaunted by the sandstorms and harsh sun. Glass bridges connect the towers together, and for those who prefer to stay grounded, there is the option of winding stone paths that lead to the various towers. There are several desert plants littered around the surrounding area, so it's best to watch out, lest you accidentally bump into a cactus. A tall, wire fence surrounds the perimeter, and although not barbed, the fence seems to crackle with electricity or arcane energy once in a while. Just... be sure to enter through one of the two fancy gates. The last time someone tried to climb over, they died. The middle tower is the tallest. Boasting 12 floors (the surrounding towers actually have more floors, but they have ground floors instead), the stone and steel tower glimmers. Sparks, magical in origin dance across the walls, resembling stars. The roof is relatively traditional. In front of the stairs leading up to the ground floor, there is a large statue and fountain of two Fae, meant to the be founders. Yes, they are still alive. The first tower surrounding the centermost tower to be a relatively traditional tower. Built up with bricks and secured together with metal parts, there are also several windows with fancy-looking grates and colourful curtains. A strange, icy blue fire crackles and burns in a brazier at the very top, and it never dissipates. The second tower... Someone is insane enough to build a tower out of mostly metal in the middle of the desert. Visible wires and pipes are connected to every area of the tower and wrap around it protectively. It's a dangerous looking tower, holding some resemblance to Tempest Spire. The third tower is another traditional tower. It's the second shortest tower, built out of more colourful bricks. The dome-shaped roof is made completely out of glass... actually, it looks like the highest storey. Actually, looking closely, the four uppermost levels also has glass walls. These four levels are the greenhouses, housing the clan’s food supply. There are vines that are either still clinging onto life (or have given up and dried out at this point in time) wrapped around the building. The forth tower is the most boring. With brick, steel and glass walls, it’s modern, but doesn’t have any other fancy fittings. Short wooden fences surround it, fencing in a few training dummies and archery targets. What goes on inside the tower is decidedly more interesting than the exterior. The fifth one resembles more of a very elevated temple, if anything. Built out of bricks, this is the shortest tower. There are some fancy carvings on the brick that resemble words and depictions of the twelve deities. The learned here say that the words are medical oaths that are somewhat important, but for all you know they could be tricking you. There are other facilities. They’re either in the ground floors of the towers or are their own structures. There’s a directionary somewhere, just go look for that. [b]3. Now let’s work on the inside. What facilities will you need to service your clan? Try drawing a map![/b] If I went into detail about every tower now this would be ridiculously long so I’ll just go off the ideas. - Accommodations are inside the towers for members and interns. Dorms may or may not be shared. - Count on the Harvest College to take care of your fresh or imported food. - The bank One Paw Up is run by Hope and Wish. Members and interns can ask them to secure their very important belongings in... something about pocket dimensions? There’s also a seperate pocket dimension for COVEN’s stuff in general. It’s somewhere in the Celestial Council’s tower but no one knows where it is and the higher ups refuse to say anything about it. - Why the [i]heck[/i] would you bring hatchlings here? There are practically no hatchlings, but any hatchlings members have stay in a parent’s dorm. Temporary nests can be built but you’d have to ask the Council before they can get to work. - There are outdoor benches. There are outdoor patio tables. There is a water cooler on most floors of the towers. Most towers have at least one break room. The Blitz Forces’ one has a copious amount of beanbags, or so I’ve heard. - Most familiars are strictly kept in dormitory areas or Bruyverne’s familiar caretaking services. Strictly no familiars around working areas unless it’s for testing purposes. You need a permit for that. - Research facilities. Did you mean: The Entire Place - Production is scattered. Very scattered. COVEN can just import if there’s anything they don’t have. [b]4. Since you have that map out, do you stick to FR’s official dragon sizes?[/b] Nah. A Fae or a Spiral is still much smaller than an Imperial but not so ridiculously small. [b]5. It’s a good time to think about technology.[/b] This is a Lightning clan of course we’re going to have technology - There’s heating and air-conditioning and you can actually do your business indoors. The heating is significantly less advanced because the Shifting Expanse is a better heater than any heater but it does its job. - Automatic glass doors that break down a lot so they have handles too. We’re working on the magic part - Presenting the MANUAL ELEVATOR! You stand on the wood and then you pull yourself up with the rope! Or just climb or fly up the stairs! - COVEN is in the metal tools stage. There’s a forge in the Celestial Tower and the Blitz Tower. - Not one, but TWO forges. Armor may not necessarily be locally made, but they’re locally repaired. They’d be used for hunting if there were actually prey to hunt, but the only prey are intruders. - Beds are weird. They range from layered plants and hammocks in the Harvest Tower to full on mattresses and pillows everywhere else. It’s Bring Your Own Blanket Day every day but if you don’t have one pay Celestine to make one. - No nurseries. Hatchlings stay in a parent’s dorm. Grown Dragons Only - Everyone here is more than literate[/center][/font] ----- [center][font=arial][b]1. Let’s talk about invaders.[/b] - This is an entire area of trained mages, warriors, scouts and medics. Even the shopkeepers are able to defend themselves. Why - There’s sandstorms and storms and a magic-infused, electric wire fence that shocks intruders that come into contact with it. [b]2. How is justice dealt with in your clan? There’s bound to be squabbles and consequences. Do you have a jail? Maybe a full blown prison. Or maybe a guillotine.[/b] There’s a floor in the Blitz Tower where prisoners are frozen with imprisoning runes and chains. No one has actually gotten executed by them yet because that’s not what COVEN really does. [b]3. Okay, focus on something more fun: The hoard![/b] It’s the bank.[/font][/center]
Week One: Lairs Towers
3UUzidv.png

The arid, desert landscape of the Shifting Expanse is already hard to navigate. Around where COVEN is, it's even worse. Sandstorms are common, and storms, if ever, are harsh and even cause flooding. But once you get past all of that, it's six tall towers made out of various materials. They're very different from each other, as if the blueprints were mixed up somehow.

Exi Towers.

Six tall towers stand tall in the barren desert, undaunted by the sandstorms and harsh sun. Glass bridges connect the towers together, and for those who prefer to stay grounded, there is the option of winding stone paths that lead to the various towers. There are several desert plants littered around the surrounding area, so it's best to watch out, lest you accidentally bump into a cactus. A tall, wire fence surrounds the perimeter, and although not barbed, the fence seems to crackle with electricity or arcane energy once in a while. Just... be sure to enter through one of the two fancy gates. The last time someone tried to climb over, they died.

The middle tower is the tallest. Boasting 12 floors (the surrounding towers actually have more floors, but they have ground floors instead), the stone and steel tower glimmers. Sparks, magical in origin dance across the walls, resembling stars. The roof is relatively traditional. In front of the stairs leading up to the ground floor, there is a large statue and fountain of two Fae, meant to the be founders. Yes, they are still alive.

The first tower surrounding the centermost tower to be a relatively traditional tower. Built up with bricks and secured together with metal parts, there are also several windows with fancy-looking grates and colourful curtains. A strange, icy blue fire crackles and burns in a brazier at the very top, and it never dissipates.

The second tower... Someone is insane enough to build a tower out of mostly metal in the middle of the desert. Visible wires and pipes are connected to every area of the tower and wrap around it protectively. It's a dangerous looking tower, holding some resemblance to Tempest Spire.

The third tower is another traditional tower. It's the second shortest tower, built out of more colourful bricks. The dome-shaped roof is made completely out of glass... actually,
it looks like the highest storey. Actually, looking closely, the four uppermost levels also has glass walls. These four levels are the greenhouses, housing the clan’s food supply. There are vines that are either still clinging onto life (or have given up and dried out at this point in time) wrapped around the building.

The forth tower is the most boring. With brick, steel and glass walls, it’s modern, but doesn’t have any other fancy fittings. Short wooden fences surround it, fencing in a few training dummies and archery targets. What goes on inside the tower is decidedly more interesting than the exterior.

The fifth one resembles more of a very elevated temple, if anything. Built out of bricks, this is the shortest tower. There are some fancy carvings on the brick that resemble words and depictions of the twelve deities. The learned here say that the words are medical oaths that are somewhat important, but for all you know they could be tricking you.

There are other facilities. They’re either in the ground floors of the towers or are their own structures. There’s a directionary somewhere, just go look for that.

If I went into detail about every tower now this would be ridiculously long so I’ll just go off the ideas.
- Accommodations are inside the towers for members and interns. Dorms may or may not be shared.
- Count on the Harvest College to take care of your fresh or imported food.
- The bank One Paw Up is run by Hope and Wish. Members and interns can ask them to secure their very important belongings in... something about pocket dimensions? There’s also a seperate pocket dimension for COVEN’s stuff in general. It’s somewhere in the Celestial Council’s tower but no one knows where it is and the higher ups refuse to say anything about it.
- Why the heck would you bring hatchlings here? There are practically no hatchlings, but any hatchlings members have stay in a parent’s dorm. Temporary nests can be built but you’d have to ask the Council before they can get to work.
- There are outdoor benches. There are outdoor patio tables. There is a water cooler on most floors of the towers. Most towers have at least one break room. The Blitz Forces’ one has a copious amount of beanbags, or so I’ve heard.
- Most familiars are strictly kept in dormitory areas or Bruyverne’s familiar caretaking services. Strictly no familiars around working areas unless it’s for testing purposes. You need a permit for that.
- Research facilities. Did you mean: The Entire Place
- Production is scattered. Very scattered. COVEN can just import if there’s anything they don’t have.

4. Since you have that map out, do you stick to FR’s official dragon sizes?
Nah. A Fae or a Spiral is still much smaller than an Imperial but not so ridiculously small.

This is a Lightning clan of course we’re going to have technology
- There’s heating and air-conditioning and you can actually do your business indoors. The heating is significantly less advanced because the Shifting Expanse is a better heater than any heater but it does its job.
- Automatic glass doors that break down a lot so they have handles too. We’re working on the magic part
- Presenting the MANUAL ELEVATOR! You stand on the wood and then you pull yourself up with the rope! Or just climb or fly up the stairs!
- COVEN is in the metal tools stage. There’s a forge in the Celestial Tower and the Blitz Tower.
- Not one, but TWO forges. Armor may not necessarily be locally made, but they’re locally repaired. They’d be used for hunting if there were actually prey to hunt, but the only prey are intruders.
- Beds are weird. They range from layered plants and hammocks in the Harvest Tower to full on mattresses and pillows everywhere else. It’s Bring Your Own Blanket Day every day but if you don’t have one pay Celestine to make one.
- No nurseries. Hatchlings stay in a parent’s dorm. Grown Dragons Only
- Everyone here is more than literate

1. Let’s talk about invaders.
- This is an entire area of trained mages, warriors, scouts and medics. Even the shopkeepers are able to defend themselves. Why
- There’s sandstorms and storms and a magic-infused, electric wire fence that shocks intruders that come into contact with it.

2. How is justice dealt with in your clan? There’s bound to be squabbles and consequences. Do you have a jail? Maybe a full blown prison. Or maybe a guillotine.
There’s a floor in the Blitz Tower where prisoners are frozen with imprisoning runes and chains. No one has actually gotten executed by them yet because that’s not what COVEN really does.

It’s the bank.

gmt +8
fr time +15
she/they/he
pings very welcome
b01c9d8cb099f28c33efbc3427a2a7f8d24272ad.png
exalt save sales (g1s, oldies and others)
@Shian
please a pinglist maybe?

Chapter 1. Lairs

NOTE:
Prismatica is located in a aci-fi AU of Sornieth

1. Where do you live?

Moon - Prismatica [ super-earth ]
Planet - Obscura [ gas giant ]
Star - unnamed [ yellow dwarf ]

2. What does it look like before you enter?
- Before landing on the surface, dragons first must enter the space-port which is located a lot higher than most satellites. It's a rather large construction fully equipped with temporary living spaces for the staff. Many trade and commercial starships stop here. The guests are welcomed to explore it as it also serves as a great tourist attraction with built-in artificial gravity generators.
- For those who wish to visit the moon itself there are many sub-ports from which dragons can leave to different cities that are distributed across the surface of the moon. For some sub-ports arrival time for jetliners may be longer because of the cities location on the other side of the planet. However most of these flights arrive at 40 min intervals. Meanwhile visitors can purchase souvenirs and snacks.
- When the jetliners are preparing to enter the atmosphere, first thing everyone notices are the thin clouds. They shimmer in all colors of the rainbow if the light hits them in the right way. This is from where the moon got its name. Getting closer to the surface a landing station can be seen. It's not small, nor large, but just the right size to fit 100 jetliners at once. Few kilometers away a bright light is shining. It's the nearest city, the capital of the entire moon and the bearer of it's name, Prismatica.

3. What facilities will you need to service your clan?
- Here are buildings and constructions of any type. Prismatica not only houses it's permanent residents, but also guests, therefor hotels, guest rooms, motels and shelters are obligatory.
- Most things you imagine would fit in a densely populated city also would be found here. However some constructions are lesser known due to them being on the outer edge of the city, underground or even behind the borders of the city. Such buildings include but are not limited to: power plants, laboratories, mines and other huge buildings.

4. Do you stick to FR’s official dragon sizes?
No. They all are the same height.

5. How technologically advanced is your clan?
- Technology is a huge part of the daily life and advancements in magi-tech are made every day.
@Shian
please a pinglist maybe?

Chapter 1. Lairs

NOTE:
Prismatica is located in a aci-fi AU of Sornieth

1. Where do you live?

Moon - Prismatica [ super-earth ]
Planet - Obscura [ gas giant ]
Star - unnamed [ yellow dwarf ]

- Before landing on the surface, dragons first must enter the space-port which is located a lot higher than most satellites. It's a rather large construction fully equipped with temporary living spaces for the staff. Many trade and commercial starships stop here. The guests are welcomed to explore it as it also serves as a great tourist attraction with built-in artificial gravity generators.
- For those who wish to visit the moon itself there are many sub-ports from which dragons can leave to different cities that are distributed across the surface of the moon. For some sub-ports arrival time for jetliners may be longer because of the cities location on the other side of the planet. However most of these flights arrive at 40 min intervals. Meanwhile visitors can purchase souvenirs and snacks.
- When the jetliners are preparing to enter the atmosphere, first thing everyone notices are the thin clouds. They shimmer in all colors of the rainbow if the light hits them in the right way. This is from where the moon got its name. Getting closer to the surface a landing station can be seen. It's not small, nor large, but just the right size to fit 100 jetliners at once. Few kilometers away a bright light is shining. It's the nearest city, the capital of the entire moon and the bearer of it's name, Prismatica.

- Here are buildings and constructions of any type. Prismatica not only houses it's permanent residents, but also guests, therefor hotels, guest rooms, motels and shelters are obligatory.
- Most things you imagine would fit in a densely populated city also would be found here. However some constructions are lesser known due to them being on the outer edge of the city, underground or even behind the borders of the city. Such buildings include but are not limited to: power plants, laboratories, mines and other huge buildings.

No. They all are the same height.

- Technology is a huge part of the daily life and advancements in magi-tech are made every day.
Neon.png You start with an impossible goal: defeating the unbeatable enemy. And then you do whatever you gotta do to achieve it! Because even you can't know how much potential you have until you push yourself past your limits. THAT'S how you make yourself not just stronger... but stronger than you ever imagined you could be!

Qpv2mvo.pngYE53boy.pngSZfmfRv.png
fujRTIl.png
1. Where do you live?
On a reasonably sized but mysteriously private island located in the Sea of a Thousand Currents, between Tsunami Flats and the Fishspine Reef. Closer to the Flats, our denizens take advantage of frolicking in the tidal pools and have a great view of the sunrise over the distant easterly ranges of Light Realm. Adventurous divers can travel a little more west and explore the Reef's mysteries and treasures.

-As you approach you are greeted by white sandy beaches on the southernmost edge, which transition to rocks and tidepools as you look further north. In the center of the island there is a terrain of gentle hills with many wooded areas with native trees. Toward the northern rocky shores are ever larger hills which eventually drop off into cliff faces plunging down into the water below. Along the face of those cliffs are ledges and caves full of dragon nests and homes for other native species as well. There is a small seaport village hemmed in by the cliffs. Traders from other realms come there: the area around our island is rich in sea life and there is an active economy trading food & materials (shells, coral, driftwood, flotsam and jetsam found on the sea floor) with other realms. However the main industry is tourism. Our beaches are welcoming to all types of dragons, aquatic and terrestrial alike. A wide variety of native Water Flight subspecies make their homes on the beaches of, and in the waters on and around, our island, from the very common to the most endangered of all. Naturalists and conservationists love to come and meet those species in their native lands.

There is a small seaside port village in the north where traders and merchants congregate, and a bustling local economy around that. In the south along the beaches is a resort area with an even more booming economy serving dragons that need to get away from their troubles and just bask by the seaside. There are rocky caves and wooden huts and stone pavilions for the land dragons to stay in, underwater nests for the aquatic visitors that are in a protected area guarded by magic and netting to keep predators away. There are dining areas and bathing areas and we have an alchemist on staff who can brew up some delightfully fermented concoctions to aid further with relaxation :)

Sometimes. Fae are always small, Imperials and Guardians are always large, everyone else is kind of similar sized moderate in between.

As far as canon allows. Steam-powered at best, and magically infused. No computers, no high tech. Some of the canon ley lines run directly under our island, so there are terminals here that connect back to the Oculus of the Eleven and we have dragons whose job it is to monitor things from the local side and report back to the Magisters if things seem amiss. We have a couple of robot golem dragons that have immigrated from other realms (waves at Lightning) who have engineering jobs; they designed some catapault and other defense systems on the cliffs around the northern port - not that we expect much trouble - but one does have to keep a watchful eye toward Shadow, as our flights occasionally have territorial disputes with each other.
1. Where do you live?
On a reasonably sized but mysteriously private island located in the Sea of a Thousand Currents, between Tsunami Flats and the Fishspine Reef. Closer to the Flats, our denizens take advantage of frolicking in the tidal pools and have a great view of the sunrise over the distant easterly ranges of Light Realm. Adventurous divers can travel a little more west and explore the Reef's mysteries and treasures.

-As you approach you are greeted by white sandy beaches on the southernmost edge, which transition to rocks and tidepools as you look further north. In the center of the island there is a terrain of gentle hills with many wooded areas with native trees. Toward the northern rocky shores are ever larger hills which eventually drop off into cliff faces plunging down into the water below. Along the face of those cliffs are ledges and caves full of dragon nests and homes for other native species as well. There is a small seaport village hemmed in by the cliffs. Traders from other realms come there: the area around our island is rich in sea life and there is an active economy trading food & materials (shells, coral, driftwood, flotsam and jetsam found on the sea floor) with other realms. However the main industry is tourism. Our beaches are welcoming to all types of dragons, aquatic and terrestrial alike. A wide variety of native Water Flight subspecies make their homes on the beaches of, and in the waters on and around, our island, from the very common to the most endangered of all. Naturalists and conservationists love to come and meet those species in their native lands.

There is a small seaside port village in the north where traders and merchants congregate, and a bustling local economy around that. In the south along the beaches is a resort area with an even more booming economy serving dragons that need to get away from their troubles and just bask by the seaside. There are rocky caves and wooden huts and stone pavilions for the land dragons to stay in, underwater nests for the aquatic visitors that are in a protected area guarded by magic and netting to keep predators away. There are dining areas and bathing areas and we have an alchemist on staff who can brew up some delightfully fermented concoctions to aid further with relaxation :)

Sometimes. Fae are always small, Imperials and Guardians are always large, everyone else is kind of similar sized moderate in between.

As far as canon allows. Steam-powered at best, and magically infused. No computers, no high tech. Some of the canon ley lines run directly under our island, so there are terminals here that connect back to the Oculus of the Eleven and we have dragons whose job it is to monitor things from the local side and report back to the Magisters if things seem amiss. We have a couple of robot golem dragons that have immigrated from other realms (waves at Lightning) who have engineering jobs; they designed some catapault and other defense systems on the cliffs around the northern port - not that we expect much trouble - but one does have to keep a watchful eye toward Shadow, as our flights occasionally have territorial disputes with each other.
duHgkuH.png

Clan Pine lives in the forest surrounding the Behemoth, in a massive pine tree.

There are glorious gardens surrounding the home tree. They're filled with every flower you can imagine, and they're well-tended. There are lanterns hanging from the branches of the home tree, and hanging alongside the lanterns and placed around everywhere are well cared for potted plants.

Ideas include:
Sleeping areas
Storage for: Food, Hoardstuff (what do you hoard?), Metals,
Hatchery

There's no need for shops, or anything other than a den. Moth and Peridot hunt for themselves and share a den, and the plants in the territory are attended to by Moth, so anything that needs doing is done by one of the two. If items come into the clan, whoever brought them in decides if those items will be sold, kept, etc. There's no set place for anything, besides the den hole and gardening supplies hole.

Yes! Moth is your average sized Nocturne, but with the spirit of a Wildclaw.

The clan's home is in a tree by choice - the two members are not savages! They're very advanced but prefer to live in a tree. Moth and Peridot can read and write, but really don't need to. The bed in the hollow consists of a cozy, warm mound of soft furs with pillows woven by hand with the softest umbral yarn. There are a few lanterns hanging from the ceiling to provide a warm glow to the den.

@Wyrda (to remember this)

Clan Pine lives in the forest surrounding the Behemoth, in a massive pine tree.

There are glorious gardens surrounding the home tree. They're filled with every flower you can imagine, and they're well-tended. There are lanterns hanging from the branches of the home tree, and hanging alongside the lanterns and placed around everywhere are well cared for potted plants.

Ideas include:
Sleeping areas
Storage for: Food, Hoardstuff (what do you hoard?), Metals,
Hatchery

There's no need for shops, or anything other than a den. Moth and Peridot hunt for themselves and share a den, and the plants in the territory are attended to by Moth, so anything that needs doing is done by one of the two. If items come into the clan, whoever brought them in decides if those items will be sold, kept, etc. There's no set place for anything, besides the den hole and gardening supplies hole.

Yes! Moth is your average sized Nocturne, but with the spirit of a Wildclaw.

The clan's home is in a tree by choice - the two members are not savages! They're very advanced but prefer to live in a tree. Moth and Peridot can read and write, but really don't need to. The bed in the hollow consists of a cozy, warm mound of soft furs with pillows woven by hand with the softest umbral yarn. There are a few lanterns hanging from the ceiling to provide a warm glow to the den.

@Wyrda (to remember this)
1391_350px_rainforest_by_miirshroom-dbvjs1a.png
@shian

Hi, Is this still open for posting?
@shian

Hi, Is this still open for posting?
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12