Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | What are the names of our moons?
1 2 3 4
I heard Sornieth has two moons. What do we call them?

Moon A, Moon B?
Moon Alpha, Moon Beta?
Sor and Nieth?

Do they even have names?
the questions, they consume...

I'm trying to write lore and I realized I have no idea how a world with two (or more) moons work. Like.. Do they follow the same path at the same time? What does midnight look like? Is only one moon up there at a time? What about their phases, how do those work?
I heard Sornieth has two moons. What do we call them?

Moon A, Moon B?
Moon Alpha, Moon Beta?
Sor and Nieth?

Do they even have names?
the questions, they consume...

I'm trying to write lore and I realized I have no idea how a world with two (or more) moons work. Like.. Do they follow the same path at the same time? What does midnight look like? Is only one moon up there at a time? What about their phases, how do those work?
80757570p.png 77134736p.png
Saturn and Jupiter.

Because Sornieth is larger than them
Saturn and Jupiter.

xxxxx11291.png xxxxxxxxxxx star | she/her | fr +15
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xlxdisplay dragon
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxkillers in the clan
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xlxfriend rising discord
[quote name="Starwindrider" date="2018-03-29 23:15:26" ] Saturn and Jupiter. Because Sornieth is larger than them [/quote] Also there are genes named Saturn and Jupiter :D Maybe the dragons named them after the two moons! Edit: I just remembered that Mars has 2 moons. [url=https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moons_of_Mars#Orbital_details]Orbital details[/url] of Phobos and Deimos.
Starwindrider wrote on 2018-03-29 23:15:26:
Saturn and Jupiter.

Also there are genes named Saturn and Jupiter :D Maybe the dragons named them after the two moons!

Edit: I just remembered that Mars has 2 moons.
Orbital details of Phobos and Deimos.
1dgHJ.gif
@Starwindrider
FR needs emotes. I just want to give you a big fat thumbs up.

@McChicken
You too, absolute genius.
@Starwindrider
FR needs emotes. I just want to give you a big fat thumbs up.

@McChicken
You too, absolute genius.
@McChicken
o-o
I... I don't know
I might make up names for the moons though
Or copy off moons of other planets
Imagine Phobos and Deimos up there
That'd be so pleasing

I just wish I knew if we had canon names for them >.>
@McChicken
o-o
I... I don't know
I might make up names for the moons though
Or copy off moons of other planets
Imagine Phobos and Deimos up there
That'd be so pleasing

I just wish I knew if we had canon names for them >.>
Unfortunately there aren't any canon names so far, as the only info we know about the moons is: [quote]Only the Arcanist and his most trusted astronomers know for sure how many celestial objects orbit Sornieth, but it does boast one to two modestly-sized moons that are a welcome sight on dark nights.[/quote] ([url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/1327998/6#post_8918396]Source[/url]) But I like the idea of them being named Saturn and Jupiter, after the genes! (Also, one to two? Do other flights not even know how many moons there are??)
Unfortunately there aren't any canon names so far, as the only info we know about the moons is:
Quote:
Only the Arcanist and his most trusted astronomers know for sure how many celestial objects orbit Sornieth, but it does boast one to two modestly-sized moons that are a welcome sight on dark nights.
(Source)

But I like the idea of them being named Saturn and Jupiter, after the genes!

(Also, one to two? Do other flights not even know how many moons there are??)
Xe31U.gifA5z4M.gifHkchr.gifCtqXe.gif
@BashfulBat
Hmm. Maybe it means "one to two" as in, depending on the night, you can only see one or both? If they're on different sides of the planet, then they would have their new moon phases at different time...right?
@BashfulBat
Hmm. Maybe it means "one to two" as in, depending on the night, you can only see one or both? If they're on different sides of the planet, then they would have their new moon phases at different time...right?
Much of the lore states 'the moon' so if Sornieth had 2 moons they
1. move in a strange path relative to the planet's surface.
2. look very similar.

Theory: The path of the first moon runs around a line from the earth/nature to the fire territories which happens to be the equator (not sure about the right word), so it is visible to almost all territories. The second just moves like Halley's comet and nobody's ever seen both of them in the sky at the same time. :P
Much of the lore states 'the moon' so if Sornieth had 2 moons they
1. move in a strange path relative to the planet's surface.
2. look very similar.

Theory: The path of the first moon runs around a line from the earth/nature to the fire territories which happens to be the equator (not sure about the right word), so it is visible to almost all territories. The second just moves like Halley's comet and nobody's ever seen both of them in the sky at the same time. :P
1dgHJ.gif
We should name one "Laura" and the other one "Brad". They're human names, but it's a dragon world, so like fantasy names are exotic for us human names are probably exotic for them. And moons with exotic names are pretty rad.

common sense is screaming at me to not post this but yolo
We should name one "Laura" and the other one "Brad". They're human names, but it's a dragon world, so like fantasy names are exotic for us human names are probably exotic for them. And moons with exotic names are pretty rad.

common sense is screaming at me to not post this but yolo
iiii_by_falconrex121-d8kz04t.pngiiii_by_falconrex121-d8kz085.pngiiiiiiiii_by_falconrex121-d8kz0bq.png
@McChicken
Typos, maybe? >.> Or it's outdated. Stuff like that happens in my clan, like I write lore and then later contradict myself xD I don't know much about moons or space stuff in general, but maybe? e.e It's hard to say, I don't know where they'd be :')

@FalconRex121
-imagines Laura and Brad crashing into each other-
"It's so romantic"

Good thinking though. I can see my dragons being like, "Brad? Where on Sornieth did they find a name like THAT?" xD
@McChicken
Typos, maybe? >.> Or it's outdated. Stuff like that happens in my clan, like I write lore and then later contradict myself xD I don't know much about moons or space stuff in general, but maybe? e.e It's hard to say, I don't know where they'd be :')

@FalconRex121
-imagines Laura and Brad crashing into each other-
"It's so romantic"

Good thinking though. I can see my dragons being like, "Brad? Where on Sornieth did they find a name like THAT?" xD
1 2 3 4