Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | How does your clan get cash? (lore)
1 2 3 4 5 6
Most of my money comes from selling accents, so my in-clan lore is that my dragons set up a "clan blanket" at the Dragon Markets and Fora (read: here), where they paint dragons for money. The clan mage also freezes the paint and stores the resulting spells in boxes--those are the accents that get delivered in the mail for pre-orders, or in the auction house.

My accent thread has an quasi-in character explanation at the top, I think. I sometimes send the accents in-character.

Other dragons sometimes come with the rune painters to sell various odds and ends. But it's accepted that most of the money comes from the rune spells, and anything else is the result of investment and compound interest because apparently my Sornieth includes investing opportunities and banks. (Probably not surprising--we have treasure, and an auction house, all of which suggests the economy is fairly complex!)
Most of my money comes from selling accents, so my in-clan lore is that my dragons set up a "clan blanket" at the Dragon Markets and Fora (read: here), where they paint dragons for money. The clan mage also freezes the paint and stores the resulting spells in boxes--those are the accents that get delivered in the mail for pre-orders, or in the auction house.

My accent thread has an quasi-in character explanation at the top, I think. I sometimes send the accents in-character.

Other dragons sometimes come with the rune painters to sell various odds and ends. But it's accepted that most of the money comes from the rune spells, and anything else is the result of investment and compound interest because apparently my Sornieth includes investing opportunities and banks. (Probably not surprising--we have treasure, and an auction house, all of which suggests the economy is fairly complex!)
Traveling Wind Clan! We have toured every Flight in Sornieth!
We completed our round-the-world tour on July 6th, 2020 and are once again home in Wind!

Previous Visits: Wind, Earth, Light, Shadow, Nature, Arcane, Ice, Fire, Water, Lightning, Plague
In my clan, we sell familiars by the hundreds after we've caught them, but the endangered/ rare ones we defend from poachers. Those familiars strengthen our mage powers/ magic.
In my clan, we sell familiars by the hundreds after we've caught them, but the endangered/ rare ones we defend from poachers. Those familiars strengthen our mage powers/ magic.
Philippians 4:13 I can do All things through Christ who gives me strength

WARNING: I am prone to use random LOTR and the Hobbit references XD
We sell wares (jewellery made by Artemis, meat/animal derived apparel by Hulrune, and potions made by Karuni) at the trading post. Occasionally, Aurelia goes to sell her baked goods, and Avekir sets up a fortune-telling stall.
We sell wares (jewellery made by Artemis, meat/animal derived apparel by Hulrune, and potions made by Karuni) at the trading post. Occasionally, Aurelia goes to sell her baked goods, and Avekir sets up a fortune-telling stall.
s7cpOmi.png
We kidnap and sell hatchlings to deities/the top bidder.

Otherwise we sell them as meals to packs of mirrors. :3c
We kidnap and sell hatchlings to deities/the top bidder.

Otherwise we sell them as meals to packs of mirrors. :3c
He/Him/His - Somber - FR+3 - Ping me if I'm needed
My clan is mostly made up of hunters, so whatever treasure, apparel, food (after we've had our fill of course), and familiars we can take from the beasties and beast clans we track down gets sold by our resident merchant whenever we get to interact with other clans in the general area.
My clan is mostly made up of hunters, so whatever treasure, apparel, food (after we've had our fill of course), and familiars we can take from the beasties and beast clans we track down gets sold by our resident merchant whenever we get to interact with other clans in the general area.
I imagine my clan getting money from all kinds of mean. There is one dragon in charge of a farm, another one sells dru... er, I mean herb; and one runs a bakery, etc.
I imagine my clan getting money from all kinds of mean. There is one dragon in charge of a farm, another one sells dru... er, I mean herb; and one runs a bakery, etc.
What do Arcane dragons call magical shards? Starbucks.
The majority of my clan's income comes from trade. As Mephisor is the palace village, it's a very wealthy town (he says despite having very little treasure himself). Most of the nobles were born into money. The villagers make their money through trading goods with other towns. Mostly textiles, but also some trinkets and crafts.

The Outlaw clan pillages, mostly in Mephisor. The Pharaoh has his palace guards patrol the village regularly as added measures again them. Because most of the residents are focused on the outlaws, they don't realize that Pawura (a Robin Hood-esque bowman, the leader of a small Archery) is picking at the edges of their wealth to provide to less fortunate towns.
The majority of my clan's income comes from trade. As Mephisor is the palace village, it's a very wealthy town (he says despite having very little treasure himself). Most of the nobles were born into money. The villagers make their money through trading goods with other towns. Mostly textiles, but also some trinkets and crafts.

The Outlaw clan pillages, mostly in Mephisor. The Pharaoh has his palace guards patrol the village regularly as added measures again them. Because most of the residents are focused on the outlaws, they don't realize that Pawura (a Robin Hood-esque bowman, the leader of a small Archery) is picking at the edges of their wealth to provide to less fortunate towns.
Untitled443_20221209154031.png
one of my dragons runs my arcane-only free fodder thread and is literally the capitalist dragon who rakes in all the money for my clan [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=32724074] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/327241/32724074_350.png[/img] [/url]
one of my dragons runs my arcane-only free fodder thread and is literally the capitalist dragon who rakes in all the money for my clan

32724074_350.png
E180CB7.png Rz7ZJcJ.png
My clan is full of artists. We create art and sell it to everyone. Poetry, Paintings, Sculptures... you name it.
My clan is full of artists. We create art and sell it to everyone. Poetry, Paintings, Sculptures... you name it.
sculkquest.pngIconx100t.png
lore-wise???

... pretty sure Clan Noodle Bowl mostly just finds it on the sidewalk sometimes

they are too disorganized to be very good earners
lore-wise???

... pretty sure Clan Noodle Bowl mostly just finds it on the sidewalk sometimes

they are too disorganized to be very good earners
tumblr_p6xvexhw2Q1w8xkufo9_250.pngHI SOMETIMES I POST EVERYWHERE
1 2 3 4 5 6