Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | This May Make People Mad..
1 2 3
But say theoretically I find something that appeared mispriced dragon-wise. Am I obligated to find the original owner and sell it back to them or am I able to keep it as a perma? I dunno it just seems like you're required to alert of a misprice here based on the vibe the forums have been giving me as of late. Just want to clear this up for my understanding ^_^;
But say theoretically I find something that appeared mispriced dragon-wise. Am I obligated to find the original owner and sell it back to them or am I able to keep it as a perma? I dunno it just seems like you're required to alert of a misprice here based on the vibe the forums have been giving me as of late. Just want to clear this up for my understanding ^_^;
He/Him/His - Somber - FR+3 - Ping me if I'm needed
@NightlyWhispers
You're not necessarily obligated to inform the seller, but it'd be polite to let them know you've got the dragon, just to make sure they meant to sell it at that price. Sometimes people list things for lower prices than normal and sometimes it is a mis-price, but either way it's nice to send them a quick message just to check in and see if they want to buy it back. :)
@NightlyWhispers
You're not necessarily obligated to inform the seller, but it'd be polite to let them know you've got the dragon, just to make sure they meant to sell it at that price. Sometimes people list things for lower prices than normal and sometimes it is a mis-price, but either way it's nice to send them a quick message just to check in and see if they want to buy it back. :)
Art Shop:Open!
@nightlywhispers
It is highly encouraged that you do so, especially if you know it's been mispriced. There is a thread for that, but I can't look for it ATM. However, you're the person who bought it so what you do with the thing is totally up to you. No one can really force you to give the item back. It's just that it's better to give back since it's (in most cases) the right thing to do.
@nightlywhispers
It is highly encouraged that you do so, especially if you know it's been mispriced. There is a thread for that, but I can't look for it ATM. However, you're the person who bought it so what you do with the thing is totally up to you. No one can really force you to give the item back. It's just that it's better to give back since it's (in most cases) the right thing to do.
8atStKf.png8KhZull.png
You can do whatever you want to do. You don't need other people telling you this as justification for your actions-- play how you wish.
You can do whatever you want to do. You don't need other people telling you this as justification for your actions-- play how you wish.
ccDyspX.png
No, it's not required.

Returning mispriced items is heavily encouraged. It's a courtesy thing, similar to giving back excess change. Do you have to? No. Is it going to potentially harm someone else? Yes. So should you?

Most people would say yes. But some would say no. It's all up to you.
No, it's not required.

Returning mispriced items is heavily encouraged. It's a courtesy thing, similar to giving back excess change. Do you have to? No. Is it going to potentially harm someone else? Yes. So should you?

Most people would say yes. But some would say no. It's all up to you.
uCR5SCW.png
If you saw someone drop a £10 note and they didn't notice, would you give it back?

Just depends whether you care about being a 'good' person or not.
If you saw someone drop a £10 note and they didn't notice, would you give it back?

Just depends whether you care about being a 'good' person or not.
xu283Kp.gif...3qZ2TWJ.gif1328MiZ.gifOipIF0J.gif....7F3QtXR.gif
@NightlyWhispers It's considered polite, but sniping is also a time-honored tradition on FR. I usually tell someone if the item was obviously mislisted (like a 100g dragon listed for 100t), but otherwise, if it goes onto the AH I generally consider it fair game
@NightlyWhispers It's considered polite, but sniping is also a time-honored tradition on FR. I usually tell someone if the item was obviously mislisted (like a 100g dragon listed for 100t), but otherwise, if it goes onto the AH I generally consider it fair game
b6c909a097384df55457cdfcbf869a92.png
@FloatingInSpace @MurkyDepths

Honestly, if I randomly find a level 25 in a flight I've been needing for fodder price, I'm keeping that baby as a perma as it was put on the AH. But if it were a flight I didn't need/already have, I'd try finding the original owner.

For me it's moreso less about morals and moreso about "Do I need this flight? Yes? Keep and lore out to never sell away." and "Do I need this flight? No? FIND THE OWNER ASAP BEFORE IT EATS MY FOOD."

The final thing is if it's a guardian/tundra if I don't have a breed change on hand.
@FloatingInSpace @MurkyDepths

Honestly, if I randomly find a level 25 in a flight I've been needing for fodder price, I'm keeping that baby as a perma as it was put on the AH. But if it were a flight I didn't need/already have, I'd try finding the original owner.

For me it's moreso less about morals and moreso about "Do I need this flight? Yes? Keep and lore out to never sell away." and "Do I need this flight? No? FIND THE OWNER ASAP BEFORE IT EATS MY FOOD."

The final thing is if it's a guardian/tundra if I don't have a breed change on hand.
He/Him/His - Somber - FR+3 - Ping me if I'm needed
@NightlyWhispers Well that's pretty much compromising morals depending on needs, which everyone does to a degree. Typically the less compromising you do makes you 'better'. Going back to the dropping money example, you might be inclined to give back the £10. But what if it were £100? £1000? Almost everyone would do the wrong thing for the right reward at some point.
@NightlyWhispers Well that's pretty much compromising morals depending on needs, which everyone does to a degree. Typically the less compromising you do makes you 'better'. Going back to the dropping money example, you might be inclined to give back the £10. But what if it were £100? £1000? Almost everyone would do the wrong thing for the right reward at some point.
xu283Kp.gif...3qZ2TWJ.gif1328MiZ.gifOipIF0J.gif....7F3QtXR.gif
@NightlyWhispers

Is it required? Nope. Is it a nice thing to do? Yeah. Do what you want, it's a game. What is one's unfortunate event can be another's lucky find.
@NightlyWhispers

Is it required? Nope. Is it a nice thing to do? Yeah. Do what you want, it's a game. What is one's unfortunate event can be another's lucky find.
C5V5o0z.png
1 2 3