Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | FR Secret Santa Exchange (Happy 2017!)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 104 105
[center][img]http://imgur.com/o60kl0v.gif[/img] [size=5]Hello and welcome to the [color=green]SS2016 headquarters![/color] [b][color=red]SIGN UPS ARE CLOSED![/color][/b][/size] [i]But this thread is open for discussion.[/i] Use this thread as a place to ask questions, chat with other participants, bemoan the difficulties of finding the perfect gift, or anything else your heart desires. The FAQ has been updated, so read the following post before asking any questions. Want to make sure you don’t miss the fun next year? [url=https://goo.gl/forms/NhmyQZgkaU5yii2t2][size=5][color=green][b]Click here to add yourself to the SS2017 pinglist.[/b][/color][/size][/url] Have a happy exchange! [img]http://imgur.com/Hramld1.gif[/img] [size=4][i][color=red]Announcements:[/color][/i][/size][/center] [b]12/30, 21:30 FR time:[/b] All gifts have been delivered. Thank you for a wonderful year! [center][img]http://imgur.com/Hramld1.gif[/img] SS2016 is brought to you in conjunction with the Advent Calendar Raffle, open only to exchange participants. The thread is now open for posting and fun! Come join us! [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/raf/2049948][img]http://imgur.com/qCbUEpz.gif[/img][/url] Additionally, some of our elves are putting on a Dress Up contest, [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2051088]which you can find and join here![/url] Elves will be the judges of your dragons' fab fashions. Plus, you can win some prize money! It will make shopping for your match a bit easier![/center]
o60kl0v.gif
Hello and welcome to the SS2016 headquarters!

But this thread is open for discussion.

Use this thread as a place to ask questions, chat with other participants, bemoan the difficulties of finding the perfect gift, or anything else your heart desires. The FAQ has been updated, so read the following post before asking any questions.

Want to make sure you don’t miss the fun next year?

Click here to add yourself to the SS2017 pinglist.

Have a happy exchange!

Hramld1.gif
Announcements:

12/30, 21:30 FR time: All gifts have been delivered. Thank you for a wonderful year!
Hramld1.gif

SS2016 is brought to you in conjunction with the Advent Calendar Raffle, open only to exchange participants. The thread is now open for posting and fun! Come join us!

qCbUEpz.gif

Additionally, some of our elves are putting on a Dress Up contest, which you can find and join here! Elves will be the judges of your dragons' fab fashions. Plus, you can win some prize money! It will make shopping for your match a bit easier!
[center][img] http://imgur.com/uMqgQWw.gif [/img] A Secret Santa exchange is an optionally anonymous exchange of gifts (usually around the Christmas holiday) within a group of people. Participants will be matched at random, and gifts will be distributed through a third party (Santa’s elves), so that all gifts are delivered to their intended recipients secretly. Santas can choose to remain anonymous or have their identity revealed by the elf.[/center] [b]What is the timeline of this event?[/b] Sign ups ended on November 25 at 20:00 FR time. Participants will receive their match info on November 26 or 27. From then until December 21, you can send your match’s gift to your elf, who will record and store the gift until delivery… Which occurs between December 22 and 25! Rematch Santas will receive their information on December 26, and will have until January 9 to send in their gifts. Rematch gifts will be delivered by January 12. [b]How much am I expected to spend?[/b] Your gift is required to meet the minimum value of your tier. Meaning if you are participating in the 100k tier, your gift must be worth at least 100k in total. Your gift may be comprised of multiple items. We highly encourage generosity in the exchange, and participants are welcome to gift over their tier’s minimum amount! [b]Can I gift art?[/b] Yes, participants are welcome to gift art — either their own or by buying a piece from an artist to send to their match. However, the elves and this exchange are not art critics or assessors, so I ask that if you have any question about the value of your art that you hop over to the Creative Corner! Get some opinions from other FR users. Additionally, please consider that not all participants would like to receive art. Please be considerate of their wishlist. Imagine if someone gifted you something you specifically didn’t want or like! [b]EDIT:[/b] Due to some issues, we ask that you do NOT gift only art. Next year there will be more stringent guidelines. But for the remainder of this year, if you want to send in art as your gift, [i]you must also send in some other actual site item.[/i] Too many folks are sending in artwork when it isn't on their match's wishlist or even interests list. Like I said above, please be considerate of their wishlist. [b]Can I edit my wishlist?[/b] We highly recommend not shopping too much for yourself while participating in this event, but if for any reason you need to edit your wishlist, please contact your elf with the changes. They will pass along the news. Additionally, if you linked a wishlist (such as a dragon bio or a Google Doc), please notify your elf of any changes so they can remind your Santa to take a peek. [b]Who are the elves?[/b] Elves are volunteer organizers for the event. They are each assigned a group of Santas to assist during the exchange — your elf will be your one stop shop for questions, concerns, and gift delivery. You will interact with 1 elf for the majority of the exchange. However, your Santa’s gift for you will be delivered by the elf that assisted your Santa, not you. [b]What if I can’t reach my elf?[/b] Please contact me right away if you have any immediate concerns or haven’t heard back from your elf within 48 hours of messaging them! [b]How can I ask my match a question?[/b] Please do not contact your match directly! This would ruin the spirit and surprise of the exchange. Instead, send a PM to your elf with your question and they will ask the question to your match on your behalf. They will send your match’s answer back to you. [b]Can I cancel my participation?[/b] Sorry! If you’ve made it this far, you are unable to back out of the exchange. If you do not give a gift, you will not be welcome to participate in future exchanges. [center][img] http://imgur.com/Hramld1.gif [/img][/center] [b]What happens if I don’t receive a gift?[/b] You will be contacted by [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=18270974]Noel[/url] on December 26, who will sadly let you know that your Santa did not come through for you this season. You will then be automatically rematched with generous Rematch Santas who will spread some holiday cheer your way! You will still receive a gift worth the minimum value of your tier. You will not be asked to act as a Rematch Santa if you have been enrolled in the Rematch pool. [b]I signed up to be a Rematch Santa. But two 500k tier matches seems like too much![/b] I totally understand. This year, I will be reaching out to multiple Rematch Santas to help our 500k+ tier participants be rematched. Each Santa will be asked to give anywhere between 100k-250k worth of presents to help build a fabulous gift. This way, Rematch Santas can still help but not be on the hook for 1 mil worth of goodies. If you are OK with Rematching for the full 500k, please let me know! [b]I don’t like my gift![/b] Elves are instructed not to send out any gifts that do not meet the minimum requirement for the event and participation tier. Hopefully, the financial tiers will put an end to feelings like this! Past that hope, we cannot guarantee that you will love your gift. In order to avoid this, we’ve included an option to supply your Santa with a detailed wish list, so feel free to fill that out thoroughly. Please be thankful for the thought and effort put into your gift, even if it isn’t exactly what you asked for. Anyone seen complaining publicly about a gift will not be welcome to participate in the future. [center][b][color=green][size=4]MANY THANKS TO OUR INVALUABLE ELVES:[/size][/color][/b][/center] 1. minty 2. Trippfaerie 3. NanamiChiaki 4. Ygdrasill 5. Soviett 6. Sildrael 7. Acacia 8. yurihands 9. korradorable 10. Atelophobia 11. RandomShmoe 12. halloqueen 13. Zenelle 14. SilverDeath 15. Doki 16. kibi 17. DandyElise 18. MageofHearts 19. Lrjj 20. LCK 21. RottingFlesh 22. spoons 23. Erayidil 24. Clifftop 25. Argante 26. CupcakeCass 27. Dartrix 28. Apolloares13 29. PrimeNumbersCas 30. Fizzywits 31. Higuchi 32. Acencia 33. Discovered 34. Denim 35. Kitanya 36. FloatingInSpace 37. Karilara 38. chibiTina [b]Wanna show off some flair and support SS2016? Throw this button in your signature![/b] [center][img] http://imgur.com/rficGdy.gif [/img] [code][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2048030/][img] http://imgur.com/rficGdy.gif [/img][/url][/code][/center]
uMqgQWw.gif

A Secret Santa exchange is an optionally anonymous exchange of gifts (usually around the Christmas holiday) within a group of people. Participants will be matched at random, and gifts will be distributed through a third party (Santa’s elves), so that all gifts are delivered to their intended recipients secretly. Santas can choose to remain anonymous or have their identity revealed by the elf.

What is the timeline of this event?
Sign ups ended on November 25 at 20:00 FR time. Participants will receive their match info on November 26 or 27.

From then until December 21, you can send your match’s gift to your elf, who will record and store the gift until delivery…

Which occurs between December 22 and 25!

Rematch Santas will receive their information on December 26, and will have until January 9 to send in their gifts. Rematch gifts will be delivered by January 12.

How much am I expected to spend?
Your gift is required to meet the minimum value of your tier. Meaning if you are participating in the 100k tier, your gift must be worth at least 100k in total. Your gift may be comprised of multiple items.

We highly encourage generosity in the exchange, and participants are welcome to gift over their tier’s minimum amount!

Can I gift art?
Yes, participants are welcome to gift art — either their own or by buying a piece from an artist to send to their match. However, the elves and this exchange are not art critics or assessors, so I ask that if you have any question about the value of your art that you hop over to the Creative Corner! Get some opinions from other FR users.

Additionally, please consider that not all participants would like to receive art. Please be considerate of their wishlist. Imagine if someone gifted you something you specifically didn’t want or like!

EDIT: Due to some issues, we ask that you do NOT gift only art. Next year there will be more stringent guidelines. But for the remainder of this year, if you want to send in art as your gift, you must also send in some other actual site item. Too many folks are sending in artwork when it isn't on their match's wishlist or even interests list. Like I said above, please be considerate of their wishlist.

Can I edit my wishlist?
We highly recommend not shopping too much for yourself while participating in this event, but if for any reason you need to edit your wishlist, please contact your elf with the changes. They will pass along the news. Additionally, if you linked a wishlist (such as a dragon bio or a Google Doc), please notify your elf of any changes so they can remind your Santa to take a peek.

Who are the elves?
Elves are volunteer organizers for the event. They are each assigned a group of Santas to assist during the exchange — your elf will be your one stop shop for questions, concerns, and gift delivery. You will interact with 1 elf for the majority of the exchange. However, your Santa’s gift for you will be delivered by the elf that assisted your Santa, not you.

What if I can’t reach my elf?
Please contact me right away if you have any immediate concerns or haven’t heard back from your elf within 48 hours of messaging them!

How can I ask my match a question?
Please do not contact your match directly! This would ruin the spirit and surprise of the exchange. Instead, send a PM to your elf with your question and they will ask the question to your match on your behalf. They will send your match’s answer back to you.

Can I cancel my participation?
Sorry! If you’ve made it this far, you are unable to back out of the exchange. If you do not give a gift, you will not be welcome to participate in future exchanges.
Hramld1.gif
What happens if I don’t receive a gift?
You will be contacted by Noel on December 26, who will sadly let you know that your Santa did not come through for you this season. You will then be automatically rematched with generous Rematch Santas who will spread some holiday cheer your way!

You will still receive a gift worth the minimum value of your tier.

You will not be asked to act as a Rematch Santa if you have been enrolled in the Rematch pool.

I signed up to be a Rematch Santa. But two 500k tier matches seems like too much!
I totally understand. This year, I will be reaching out to multiple Rematch Santas to help our 500k+ tier participants be rematched. Each Santa will be asked to give anywhere between 100k-250k worth of presents to help build a fabulous gift.

This way, Rematch Santas can still help but not be on the hook for 1 mil worth of goodies. If you are OK with Rematching for the full 500k, please let me know!

I don’t like my gift!
Elves are instructed not to send out any gifts that do not meet the minimum requirement for the event and participation tier. Hopefully, the financial tiers will put an end to feelings like this! Past that hope, we cannot guarantee that you will love your gift. In order to avoid this, we’ve included an option to supply your Santa with a detailed wish list, so feel free to fill that out thoroughly. Please be thankful for the thought and effort put into your gift, even if it isn’t exactly what you asked for. Anyone seen complaining publicly about a gift will not be welcome to participate in the future.

MANY THANKS TO OUR INVALUABLE ELVES:

1. minty 2. Trippfaerie 3. NanamiChiaki 4. Ygdrasill 5. Soviett 6. Sildrael 7. Acacia 8. yurihands 9. korradorable 10. Atelophobia 11. RandomShmoe 12. halloqueen 13. Zenelle 14. SilverDeath 15. Doki 16. kibi 17. DandyElise 18. MageofHearts 19. Lrjj 20. LCK 21. RottingFlesh 22. spoons 23. Erayidil 24. Clifftop 25. Argante 26. CupcakeCass 27. Dartrix 28. Apolloares13 29. PrimeNumbersCas 30. Fizzywits 31. Higuchi 32. Acencia 33. Discovered 34. Denim 35. Kitanya 36. FloatingInSpace 37. Karilara 38. chibiTina

Wanna show off some flair and support SS2016? Throw this button in your signature!
rficGdy.gif
Code:
[url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2048030/][img] http://imgur.com/rficGdy.gif [/img][/url]
[center][img] http://imgur.com/Hramld1.gif [/img] [size=5][i]A word about the Advent Calendar Raffle:[/i][/size][/center] [color=green]Hello Advent Calendar participants, I can’t make this first post in person, because time zones are evil like that. Minty will kindly relay my message to you. I’m @kriski from Nature and will be hosting daily dragon raffles as part of our awesome advent calendar activities. I have prepared 24 dragons from my own lair and will rely on you to provide me with more lovely dragons to spread the holiday cheer. You can earn tickets for the big advent calendar raffle by donating dragons to my daily dragon flash raffles. Dragons not chosen for the raffles will be leveled and exalted. The payout will go partly towards the raffle (treasure pot and/or completing prize packs) and partly to the leveler to compensate them for their time. You may only send in ONE dragon per day. Donated dragons MUST be triple gened. And they MUST be adults when you send them to me. With one exception. On November 30th, our big kick-off event, I will accept 5 days old hatchies that will mature on December 1st, when we start our advent calendar proper (hatchday of 11/25/16). There are some more rules, which I will explain in detail when we’re officially open for business. This here is really just a heads-up so you can prepare and hopefully set aside one of yesterday’s hatchies for me ;-) Let’s have a fabulous holiday season everybody![/color] [center]______[/center] The rest of this post is reserved for future info! Would you all be interested in some stats about participants? Like, how many decided to remain anonymous, how many people signed up for each tier, etc? [center]And finally, a special thanks to the fabulous @Beatrizklotz for creating the magnificent banners that grace these posts. Check out her shop! [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/art/1730608][img]http://i.imgur.com/LkoZNAH.gif[/img][/url][/center]
Hramld1.gif

A word about the Advent Calendar Raffle:

Hello Advent Calendar participants, I can’t make this first post in person, because time zones are evil like that. Minty will kindly relay my message to you.

I’m @kriski from Nature and will be hosting daily dragon raffles as part of our awesome advent calendar activities. I have prepared 24 dragons from my own lair and will rely on you to provide me with more lovely dragons to spread the holiday cheer.

You can earn tickets for the big advent calendar raffle by donating dragons to my daily dragon flash raffles. Dragons not chosen for the raffles will be leveled and exalted. The payout will go partly towards the raffle (treasure pot and/or completing prize packs) and partly to the leveler to compensate them for their time.

You may only send in ONE dragon per day. Donated dragons MUST be triple gened. And they MUST be adults when you send them to me.

With one exception. On November 30th, our big kick-off event, I will accept 5 days old hatchies that will mature on December 1st, when we start our advent calendar proper (hatchday of 11/25/16).

There are some more rules, which I will explain in detail when we’re officially open for business. This here is really just a heads-up so you can prepare and hopefully set aside one of yesterday’s hatchies for me ;-)

Let’s have a fabulous holiday season everybody!

______

The rest of this post is reserved for future info! Would you all be interested in some stats about participants? Like, how many decided to remain anonymous, how many people signed up for each tier, etc?

And finally, a special thanks to the fabulous @Beatrizklotz for creating the magnificent banners that grace these posts. Check out her shop!

LkoZNAH.gif
-snipped- Welcome to the thread! Feel free to post. :) I'm working on matching all of our lovely participants right now!
-snipped- Welcome to the thread! Feel free to post. :) I'm working on matching all of our lovely participants right now!
hype!!!
hype!!!
ZgqQOtn.gif
· adopts · accents ·
awesome! cant wait to see who im matched with~
awesome! cant wait to see who im matched with~
as a person who took and loved statistics I would love me some stats

Also, hello everyone! Hope that we get to spread some cheer after a horrible 2016 :D
as a person who took and loved statistics I would love me some stats

Also, hello everyone! Hope that we get to spread some cheer after a horrible 2016 :D
mty1nS3.gif
EVK4e3k.gifXF5EGor.gif7KVKeKl.gifCSL44D6.gif
H Y P E
H Y P E
sdSRvlV.png
YAY
YAY
w8o0xW1.png springcleanrafflebutton.png iiILKcw.png
OOH i'm excited!!! :D
OOH i'm excited!!! :D
PreE5U3.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 104 105