Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Ripple/Current rarity?
So, I'm trying to do a breeding project. Said project needs to throw Ripple/Freckle dragons. Many of the dragons I buy for this project are either Ripple/Current or Speckle/Freckle - unsurprisingly, as those genes are pretty obviously paired.

So why is Ripple an 'uncommon' primary, but Current is a 'common' secondary? Usually it's consistent among such pairings, at least from what I can tell from this guide; Pie/Paint, Jup/Sat, Cher/Ser, Gir/Hex, Speck/Freck, the gem and brewed genes - you get the picture. They're all consistent. Except this one. Which is busily filling my lair with smug little stripey-winged hatchlings.

(Don't get me wrong, I like the gene, but I'm trying for tree dragons here!)

edit: Okay, this is the case with Bar/Daub, too, but same question - why? All told, the common/uncommon ratio in primary genes is 5/6, while for secondaries it's 7/4.
So, I'm trying to do a breeding project. Said project needs to throw Ripple/Freckle dragons. Many of the dragons I buy for this project are either Ripple/Current or Speckle/Freckle - unsurprisingly, as those genes are pretty obviously paired.

So why is Ripple an 'uncommon' primary, but Current is a 'common' secondary? Usually it's consistent among such pairings, at least from what I can tell from this guide; Pie/Paint, Jup/Sat, Cher/Ser, Gir/Hex, Speck/Freck, the gem and brewed genes - you get the picture. They're all consistent. Except this one. Which is busily filling my lair with smug little stripey-winged hatchlings.

(Don't get me wrong, I like the gene, but I'm trying for tree dragons here!)

edit: Okay, this is the case with Bar/Daub, too, but same question - why? All told, the common/uncommon ratio in primary genes is 5/6, while for secondaries it's 7/4.
Y2CN2aK.png wc26tNn.png