Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Dragon Breeds + Flights as MBTI Types
1 2 3 4
This was something that randomly popped into my head, and i wanted to indulge it.
this could be used for lore purposes? I just see these types as best fitting the "personality" of the breeds and Flights. I tried to use each type at least once.
( For reference, I'm ENFP; Snapper, Tundra, Spiral, Wind/Arcane. )

Coatl - ISFP, INFP
Fae - INTP, ISTJ
Guardian - ISFJ, ENFJ (see what I did there?)
Imperial - ENTP, INTJ
Mirror - ESTP, ISTP
Nocturne - INFP, ESFJ
Pearlcatcher - ISFP, ENTJ
Ridgeback - ESTP, ESFP
Skydancer - INFP, INFJ
Snapper - ISTJ, ENFP
Spiral - ENFP, ESFP
Tundra - ENFP, INFJ
Wildclaw - ESTP, ESTJ

Wind - ENFP, ESFJ, ESFP
Light - INTJ, INTP, ENTP
Plague - ESTP, ESFP, ISTP
Water - INTP, INFJ, ISFJ
Lightning - ISTJ, INTJ, ENTJ
Nature - ENFJ, ISFJ, ESFJ
Arcane - ENFP, ISFP, ENTP
Earth - ISTJ, ISFJ, INFP
Shadow - ISFP, ISTP, ENTP
Ice - INTP, INTJ, ESTJ
Fire - ESTP, ESFP, ENTP

Why did I choose the types/breeds/flights I did?
I felt each one fit to how the breed/flight always "felt" to me. I also took into account the canon lore.

INTJ
Flight(s): Light, Lightning, Ice
Breed(s): Imperial
Why: INTJs, if nothing else, are strategic thinkers. Their dominant function (Internal Intuition) leads them to ideas, and is focused on the future. Combined with their auxillary External Thinking, they are efficient, organized, and capable of finishing what they start.

INTP
Flight(s): Light, Water
Breed(s): Fae
Why: INTPs pride themselves on their creativity, and have been described as "...often becoming so lost in thought that they really are oblivious to the world around them". This isn't strictly true with the Flights and breed I picked, but the Internal Thinking dominance made a lot of sense in reference to seemingly quiet, thoughtful Faes, the intellectual Light Flight, and the mystical Water flight.

- will add more over time -

This was something that randomly popped into my head, and i wanted to indulge it.
this could be used for lore purposes? I just see these types as best fitting the "personality" of the breeds and Flights. I tried to use each type at least once.
( For reference, I'm ENFP; Snapper, Tundra, Spiral, Wind/Arcane. )

Coatl - ISFP, INFP
Fae - INTP, ISTJ
Guardian - ISFJ, ENFJ (see what I did there?)
Imperial - ENTP, INTJ
Mirror - ESTP, ISTP
Nocturne - INFP, ESFJ
Pearlcatcher - ISFP, ENTJ
Ridgeback - ESTP, ESFP
Skydancer - INFP, INFJ
Snapper - ISTJ, ENFP
Spiral - ENFP, ESFP
Tundra - ENFP, INFJ
Wildclaw - ESTP, ESTJ

Wind - ENFP, ESFJ, ESFP
Light - INTJ, INTP, ENTP
Plague - ESTP, ESFP, ISTP
Water - INTP, INFJ, ISFJ
Lightning - ISTJ, INTJ, ENTJ
Nature - ENFJ, ISFJ, ESFJ
Arcane - ENFP, ISFP, ENTP
Earth - ISTJ, ISFJ, INFP
Shadow - ISFP, ISTP, ENTP
Ice - INTP, INTJ, ESTJ
Fire - ESTP, ESFP, ENTP

Why did I choose the types/breeds/flights I did?
I felt each one fit to how the breed/flight always "felt" to me. I also took into account the canon lore.

INTJ
Flight(s): Light, Lightning, Ice
Breed(s): Imperial
Why: INTJs, if nothing else, are strategic thinkers. Their dominant function (Internal Intuition) leads them to ideas, and is focused on the future. Combined with their auxillary External Thinking, they are efficient, organized, and capable of finishing what they start.

INTP
Flight(s): Light, Water
Breed(s): Fae
Why: INTPs pride themselves on their creativity, and have been described as "...often becoming so lost in thought that they really are oblivious to the world around them". This isn't strictly true with the Flights and breed I picked, but the Internal Thinking dominance made a lot of sense in reference to seemingly quiet, thoughtful Faes, the intellectual Light Flight, and the mystical Water flight.

- will add more over time -

xxxxxxxxxxxxx
kQXO8qG.gif
Top.png
Call me Spooky!
UnsO1gz.png
I'm a Tundra/Skydancer, and in Water. :3
I'm a Tundra/Skydancer, and in Water. :3
It's funny because my flight/favorite dragon matches this completely.
It's funny because my flight/favorite dragon matches this completely.
no
@Spookykitty
I'm. . .I'm. . .an Imperial? I like Wildclaws a lot better! Though I can see why my MBTI relates to Light and Lightning; and I'm glad about that because Lightning is my second favourite flight!
This is a cool idea, by the way! :)
@Spookykitty
I'm. . .I'm. . .an Imperial? I like Wildclaws a lot better! Though I can see why my MBTI relates to Light and Lightning; and I'm glad about that because Lightning is my second favourite flight!
This is a cool idea, by the way! :)
Quetzal - 22 - Any Pronouns - Autistic - GLaDOS fan- Sci-Fi Artist and Writer
You know, I told myself while looking at the title of this thread "It would be pretty funny if Imperials were INTJ. After taking that one really good test that circulated months back, along with their personality fitting me to a T, this would be the Ultimate Link"

And here I am I guess! I guess if I was ever a dragon it would most definitely be an Imp! How neat!!

Although sadly my flight doesn't match up :( As interesting as I find Light, and admire Ice (And think Lightning has some pretty rad eyes) Earth is best flight.............. v_v
You know, I told myself while looking at the title of this thread "It would be pretty funny if Imperials were INTJ. After taking that one really good test that circulated months back, along with their personality fitting me to a T, this would be the Ultimate Link"

And here I am I guess! I guess if I was ever a dragon it would most definitely be an Imp! How neat!!

Although sadly my flight doesn't match up :( As interesting as I find Light, and admire Ice (And think Lightning has some pretty rad eyes) Earth is best flight.............. v_v

disegno_zen.gif
Guzma ; twenty five ; he/him ; familiar & genone collector
tumblrtoyhouseliquidation thread
@QuetzalQueen
Haha, thank you!

I've always seen Imperials as very intense, thoughtful individuals, although what prevented them from INTP was that I see them as being much more concerned with simple facts (Te), rather than the deepest logical truth (Ti).

I also see Wildclaws as very physical. In their official lore, it states that they battle things out. They just scream Se to me.

Probably more response than you were looking for :P
@QuetzalQueen
Haha, thank you!

I've always seen Imperials as very intense, thoughtful individuals, although what prevented them from INTP was that I see them as being much more concerned with simple facts (Te), rather than the deepest logical truth (Ti).

I also see Wildclaws as very physical. In their official lore, it states that they battle things out. They just scream Se to me.

Probably more response than you were looking for :P
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
kQXO8qG.gif
Top.png
Call me Spooky!
UnsO1gz.png
Water Skydancer!
Water Skydancer!
CYT4VFx.png
I'm a Coatl/Skydancer in Earth!

This is accurate I love these breeds and I love Earth.
I'm a Coatl/Skydancer in Earth!

This is accurate I love these breeds and I love Earth.
UqHFmmO.png female | lv25s for sale
@Cyphurus
Awesome!

Even though I see myself as an Imperial, I'm actually an ENFP (Coatl, Snapper, Spiral) :P I can see some of that hyper Spiral in myself though.
@Cyphurus
Awesome!

Even though I see myself as an Imperial, I'm actually an ENFP (Coatl, Snapper, Spiral) :P I can see some of that hyper Spiral in myself though.
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
kQXO8qG.gif
Top.png
Call me Spooky!
UnsO1gz.png
Aww yeah Fae! Not sure about Snapper, though, or Lightning or Earth (actually, Lightning is one of my LEAST compatible flights).
Aww yeah Fae! Not sure about Snapper, though, or Lightning or Earth (actually, Lightning is one of my LEAST compatible flights).
DSEHBxF.png
1 2 3 4