Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Light Sprite Quest [Completed]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 66 67
[quote name="Syntax" date=2016-02-23 22:30:49] Gentlemen, on this day I have finished helping a good friend of mine pay off a Light Sprite that we bought together earlier this month. I have already posted about my desire to have a Light Sprite for my own, as well as a Plague Sprite and an Ice Sprite which I'll probably end up buying before I buy the Light Sprite because I have horrible impulse control. In any case, gentlemen: On this day, I start my Light Sprite quest. Here I shall chronicle my descent into madness, more for my own reference than anything else. Come along if you want, but know that this will take many months. Let us begin. [/quote] A few days ago I started my quest to obtain a Light Sprite after helping a friend of mine obtain one of her own. The quest started in the Shadow Forums, but I've since decided to move the journey here so that it can be shared with users of all flights. The original thread can be found [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/fl7/1765174]here[/url], for those Shadowlings that wish it see it. Updates will be posted between two and three times per day for the duration of the quest. Users may be pinged with updates if they so wish. Additionally, I'm also open to suggestions on how to liven up the thread in between standard updates. The decision to move forums was partially prompted by the thread slowing down as nothing happened but updates, and I'd rather that not happen this time. So if you have any questions or suggestions or just plain want to start a conversation or do something silly, feel free to pipe up. Considering this journey is expected to take [i]at least[/i] five months, hopefully there will be some interesting things going on in the meantime. ----- [b]UPDATE AS OF SEPTEMBER 23RD, 2019[/b] I had left this thread untouched for years after being forced to move to the general quest megathread. I was annoyed by how poorly managed the megathread was, and quickly stopped updating—but I did recount the end of this journey in that thread. Which, judging by the broken link in my last post on this thread, has since been deleted. So to everyone who sees this thread linked in my forum signature: this quest was completed on [b]August 22nd, 2016[/b], nearly six months to the day after it began. I thank all of you who were with me in those early, crazy days, and I thank everyone who is still interested in this long-finished quest. Adieu. [center][img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CcU6eSqUcAARFWs.png[/img][/center]
Syntax wrote on 2016-02-23:
Gentlemen, on this day I have finished helping a good friend of mine pay off a Light Sprite that we bought together earlier this month. I have already posted about my desire to have a Light Sprite for my own, as well as a Plague Sprite and an Ice Sprite which I'll probably end up buying before I buy the Light Sprite because I have horrible impulse control.

In any case, gentlemen: On this day, I start my Light Sprite quest.

Here I shall chronicle my descent into madness, more for my own reference than anything else. Come along if you want, but know that this will take many months.

Let us begin.

A few days ago I started my quest to obtain a Light Sprite after helping a friend of mine obtain one of her own. The quest started in the Shadow Forums, but I've since decided to move the journey here so that it can be shared with users of all flights.

The original thread can be found here, for those Shadowlings that wish it see it.

Updates will be posted between two and three times per day for the duration of the quest. Users may be pinged with updates if they so wish. Additionally, I'm also open to suggestions on how to liven up the thread in between standard updates. The decision to move forums was partially prompted by the thread slowing down as nothing happened but updates, and I'd rather that not happen this time. So if you have any questions or suggestions or just plain want to start a conversation or do something silly, feel free to pipe up.

Considering this journey is expected to take at least five months, hopefully there will be some interesting things going on in the meantime.

UPDATE AS OF SEPTEMBER 23RD, 2019

I had left this thread untouched for years after being forced to move to the general quest megathread. I was annoyed by how poorly managed the megathread was, and quickly stopped updating—but I did recount the end of this journey in that thread.

Which, judging by the broken link in my last post on this thread, has since been deleted.

So to everyone who sees this thread linked in my forum signature: this quest was completed on August 22nd, 2016, nearly six months to the day after it began.

I thank all of you who were with me in those early, crazy days, and I thank everyone who is still interested in this long-finished quest.

Adieu.

CcU6eSqUcAARFWs.png
tumblr_inline_pr9dcm3xMC1rx0dks_1280.pngtumblr_inline_oxu5qikAdp1rx0dks_540.pngtumblr_inline_oxu5qfZixY1rx0dks_540.png
I believeeee
I believeeee
4MKDoae.png
Pinglist:

@Mibby @TheAnimatorGamer @Paperdragon337 @DraweeDragon @IvoryFrost @shayminluvr @Surpirate @PaperGryphon @WildHunt @Nixifer @luvloveless @Airyu @Hyacinthus @GraceWinters @Sunset @Foxymoon @BlackJay @Shikoire @Thoracosaurus @WithaZed @Avarice @Pieks @Pachirisu @kurifurinkan @Stannum @PhoenixMiko @Ichamo @Triibu @Aspyria @Osthra @Moell @Arkellon @TheDwarfQueen @NyxHeart @Arenfelle @Ponythekidrs @After @mokalynn @manysundays @quailheart @Sounata @StStrawburry @Kaide @Selki @Zyanith @Naamah @FretfulSardines @Wildehearted @WynterDragen @Elininjakat @RayAnneliese @HowlingGale @Edra
Pinglist:

@Mibby @TheAnimatorGamer @Paperdragon337 @DraweeDragon @IvoryFrost @shayminluvr @Surpirate @PaperGryphon @WildHunt @Nixifer @luvloveless @Airyu @Hyacinthus @GraceWinters @Sunset @Foxymoon @BlackJay @Shikoire @Thoracosaurus @WithaZed @Avarice @Pieks @Pachirisu @kurifurinkan @Stannum @PhoenixMiko @Ichamo @Triibu @Aspyria @Osthra @Moell @Arkellon @TheDwarfQueen @NyxHeart @Arenfelle @Ponythekidrs @After @mokalynn @manysundays @quailheart @Sounata @StStrawburry @Kaide @Selki @Zyanith @Naamah @FretfulSardines @Wildehearted @WynterDragen @Elininjakat @RayAnneliese @HowlingGale @Edra
tumblr_inline_pr9dcm3xMC1rx0dks_1280.pngtumblr_inline_oxu5qikAdp1rx0dks_540.pngtumblr_inline_oxu5qfZixY1rx0dks_540.png
Additional Threads

Pixel Syn
An art shop who's proceeds go towards the quest

The Guide—A guide for money-making that is still under construction apparently.
Additional Threads

Pixel Syn
An art shop who's proceeds go towards the quest

The Guide—A guide for money-making that is still under construction apparently.
The wonderful donors:

Emberglo, Eternally, VirusBite666, Lunetaria, SilverPhoenix, Wolfunicorn, Aralas, Arkellon, Lunetaria, Avarice, Naamah, IonicJolteon, Anjoulas, ksea, Osthra, Stannum
The wonderful donors:

Emberglo, Eternally, VirusBite666, Lunetaria, SilverPhoenix, Wolfunicorn, Aralas, Arkellon, Lunetaria, Avarice, Naamah, IonicJolteon, Anjoulas, ksea, Osthra, Stannum
Good luck!

I'll be honest, I'm kind of kicking myself hard now for not going after the festival sprites, oh almost two years ago (which is about how long I've been on FR), when they were still at reasonable prices. Or at least deciding to go after them sooner than now when I finally decided I want a completed bestiary lollll.
Good luck!

I'll be honest, I'm kind of kicking myself hard now for not going after the festival sprites, oh almost two years ago (which is about how long I've been on FR), when they were still at reasonable prices. Or at least deciding to go after them sooner than now when I finally decided I want a completed bestiary lollll.
YrlvOd9.pngQ47Y0lm.png
Can I be added to the pinglist? I believe you can do this! Stay determined!
Can I be added to the pinglist? I believe you can do this! Stay determined!
Good luck. I'm not even sure I'm going to end up getting a Plague Sprite. I'm afraid if I get one I'll feel like I should get the rest. A light Sprite would take me 1-2 months to earn enough in game for and I just don't want to do that sort of grind. Especially since I suspect we'll be getting more lair slots this coming year at some point and keeping a fully expanded lair is more important to me.
Good luck. I'm not even sure I'm going to end up getting a Plague Sprite. I'm afraid if I get one I'll feel like I should get the rest. A light Sprite would take me 1-2 months to earn enough in game for and I just don't want to do that sort of grind. Especially since I suspect we'll be getting more lair slots this coming year at some point and keeping a fully expanded lair is more important to me.
tumblr_inline_nebbd6PAZE1qmu9vp.png
I'm aiming for a complete bestiary, but I myself don't care to go after things that cost up in the millions lol I'm actually thinking of selling my Water Sprite for the extra moneys.

Good luck though :D
I'm aiming for a complete bestiary, but I myself don't care to go after things that cost up in the millions lol I'm actually thinking of selling my Water Sprite for the extra moneys.

Good luck though :D
1uCNaW7.pngTTTUSP9.pngueG66KW.pngxjP79Zx.pngO0Pbuvo.png
Can I be on the pinglist. This sounds interesting.
Can I be on the pinglist. This sounds interesting.
W2fTsCC.pngYOU THOUGHT IT WAS A SIGNATURE, BUT IT WAS I, DIO!3hF8p5D.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 66 67