Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | How Do You Guys Do It?
1 2 3
How do you all make Clan Lore and Clan Names and things like that so nicely and in depth? ;-; Teach me your secrets. X3
How do you all make Clan Lore and Clan Names and things like that so nicely and in depth? ;-; Teach me your secrets. X3
367d892fcecdec67c416a9f373daff05cf451767.png
xeno | they/fae
adult | fr +2

WTRVHVo.pngHdmxfuE.png3Fro3Vn.png
J7D1quC.pnglAkpsXv.pngxBEAdV6.png
signature credit to alacrity & fluffmoth
I replace any semblance of a social life with pixel dragon lore.
xxxxxxxx saccharine | she/they | fr+3
plague wildclaw enthusiast.

›› triskele nest rentals
›› avatar dragon
qTaplDI.png
[quote name="Saccharine" date=2016-01-09 14:44:40] I replace any semblance of a social life with pixel dragon lore. [/quote] Yup
Saccharine wrote on 2016-01-09:

Yup
ku7My32.png
@Saccharine @LordNibu

I don't know how to do that though ;-;
@Saccharine @LordNibu

I don't know how to do that though ;-;
367d892fcecdec67c416a9f373daff05cf451767.png
xeno | they/fae
adult | fr +2

WTRVHVo.pngHdmxfuE.png3Fro3Vn.png
J7D1quC.pnglAkpsXv.pngxBEAdV6.png
signature credit to alacrity & fluffmoth
How do writers write a book?

How do painters paint?

They just do. :) You start doing it, and the more you do it, the better you get at it. :)
How do writers write a book?

How do painters paint?

They just do. :) You start doing it, and the more you do it, the better you get at it. :)

Riven's Cauldron - Level 17 Cauldron, Free Brewing+ Payment on Delivery option!
[quote name="LordNibu" date=2016-01-09 14:47:51] [quote name="Saccharine" date=2016-01-09 14:44:40] I replace any semblance of a social life with pixel dragon lore. [/quote] Yup [/quote] Indeed. I really should write my lore down though.
LordNibu wrote on 2016-01-09:
Saccharine wrote on 2016-01-09:

Yup
Indeed.

I really should write my lore down though.

0PSsH9E.png

Xzuw0kv.gif
We are being watched.
The government has a secret system,
a machine that spies on you every hour of every day.
I designed the machine to detect acts of terror
but it sees everything...
dyNkCVG.gif Pvj9w5p.png

uU6ZmcR.gif
@JadeMagic. Just. Do. It. When the coli was sorta outa wonk the day after NotN ended, I sat myself down and wrote my Clan leader's bio. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=14052360] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/140524/14052360_350.png[/img] [/url] I. Regret. Nothing. [i]Nothing[/i]. [s]or you could order a bio from me and I'd do it for you ahahaha i have a deal right now of making examples, I need 3 more so, they'd be free. but in depth bio's like Delta's ^ there, cost money.[/s]
@JadeMagic.
Just. Do. It.

When the coli was sorta outa wonk the day after NotN ended, I sat myself down and wrote my Clan leader's bio.

14052360_350.png

I. Regret. Nothing. Nothing.
or you could order a bio from me and I'd do it for you ahahaha i have a deal right now of making examples, I need 3 more so, they'd be free. but in depth bio's like Delta's ^ there, cost money.
JYQOAT.png vista_mirror2.png SFVs3nl.png
ir82bPv.png
@JadeMagic

I'm a writer, so I take advantage of that fact. If you want help shoot me a PM, if nothing else I can help you bounce ideas or whatever :)
@JadeMagic

I'm a writer, so I take advantage of that fact. If you want help shoot me a PM, if nothing else I can help you bounce ideas or whatever :)
@JadeMagic Though for real, I just randomly write the idea in my head. For instance, I had just hatched this girl and the idea for her lore popped into my head: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=19675513] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/196756/19675513_350.png[/img] [/url] Only Canis & Andromeda are based off "real" things. X) ------ As for coding, it's easy to learn the basics. And their a few threads on here with some free templates created by awesome people <3
@JadeMagic

Though for real, I just randomly write the idea in my head. For instance, I had just hatched this girl and the idea for her lore popped into my head:

19675513_350.png

Only Canis & Andromeda are based off "real" things. X)
As for coding, it's easy to learn the basics. And their a few threads on here with some free templates created by awesome people <3
ku7My32.png
@JadeMagic I'm rather new & no writer so I understand completely! As far as I can tell by looking at what other people have done I might have a unique approach. Definitely read up on your flight's lore and the breed of dragon your writing a bio for! I started getting my dragons and reading the forums at the same time. When I found a forum I really liked and didn't want to lose I copied the url & why it was important to me in one of my dragons bio areas. While some lines are slightly blurry (ex: Leena is going to be in charge of dragons less than 5 days & Blackwater youngsters over 5 days once I get them sorted out) everyone is slowly getting a "job." From there I found free bio templates and then in desperation I tried a new google search tactic on creating role playing characters. That one is helping Tons! I'm just starting to build personalities around the jobs everyone is taking on. I've also tossed some of my dragons out for others to write bios on. Otherwise, I'm trying to find some way to explain how this group got together. That just hits as sheer luck once in a while when I find another dragon I like. And yes, I have too many dragons! :) For links I think Leena can help you most if you interested further. :) [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=18682827] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/186829/18682827_350.png[/img] [/url]
@JadeMagic

I'm rather new & no writer so I understand completely! As far as I can tell by looking at what other people have done I might have a unique approach. Definitely read up on your flight's lore and the breed of dragon your writing a bio for!

I started getting my dragons and reading the forums at the same time. When I found a forum I really liked and didn't want to lose I copied the url & why it was important to me in one of my dragons bio areas. While some lines are slightly blurry (ex: Leena is going to be in charge of dragons less than 5 days & Blackwater youngsters over 5 days once I get them sorted out) everyone is slowly getting a "job."

From there I found free bio templates and then in desperation I tried a new google search tactic on creating role playing characters. That one is helping Tons! I'm just starting to build personalities around the jobs everyone is taking on. I've also tossed some of my dragons out for others to write bios on. Otherwise, I'm trying to find some way to explain how this group got together. That just hits as sheer luck once in a while when I find another dragon I like.
And yes, I have too many dragons! :)

For links I think Leena can help you most if you interested further. :)

18682827_350.png
UrnS5Ig.jpgbootcampcircle_zpssrlu12jk.pngMJXwg2D.pngsppyKqc.png?1.png
1 2 3