Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Challenge: Big Boss Battle
Hello hello!

After the latest wave of Coliseum updates, I set up a challenge for myself, and I'd like to share it with you.
  • Take two level 25s and an unleveled dragon you are training to exalt.
  • Start in Rainsong Jungle, and fight until you encounter one of the Boss monsters.
  • You *must* defeat the Boss, AND the Boss must drop at least one item. If you are defeated, or if the Boss is a piece of poop and doesn't give you any prizes, you must continue fighting in that venue.
  • Once you have bested a boss in Rainsong, proceed to Boreal Wood, and then to the Mire and so forth until you face the ultimate challenge of the Golem Workshop.
  • If you collect every familiar from a venue, including its Boss(es), remove that venue from your rotation.
  • All dragons that you exalt must face the challenge, unless your flight is in a Dominance push.
  • You may not give any battle stones to the dragons you are training to exalt.

It takes a good chunk of time and my fodder dragons are usually around level 11 or 12 when they emerge.
    Basically this challenge is all about maximizing your chances of getting those sweet sweet boss familiars.
    You'll also end up getting lots of other familiars as well, since some bosses can be very shy.
Hello hello!

After the latest wave of Coliseum updates, I set up a challenge for myself, and I'd like to share it with you.
  • Take two level 25s and an unleveled dragon you are training to exalt.
  • Start in Rainsong Jungle, and fight until you encounter one of the Boss monsters.
  • You *must* defeat the Boss, AND the Boss must drop at least one item. If you are defeated, or if the Boss is a piece of poop and doesn't give you any prizes, you must continue fighting in that venue.
  • Once you have bested a boss in Rainsong, proceed to Boreal Wood, and then to the Mire and so forth until you face the ultimate challenge of the Golem Workshop.
  • If you collect every familiar from a venue, including its Boss(es), remove that venue from your rotation.
  • All dragons that you exalt must face the challenge, unless your flight is in a Dominance push.
  • You may not give any battle stones to the dragons you are training to exalt.

It takes a good chunk of time and my fodder dragons are usually around level 11 or 12 when they emerge.
    Basically this challenge is all about maximizing your chances of getting those sweet sweet boss familiars.
    You'll also end up getting lots of other familiars as well, since some bosses can be very shy.
talamir_figmentling_100_by_dragonnmr-d9ewzdv.gifhallowmidsig_by_dragoonwys-d9e6lsr.png
@Figmentling ... Not what I first thought of when I saw the title. Then I decided to make a banner. [img]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/540/8hijS7.png[/img] :x
@Figmentling
Not what I first thought of when I saw the title.
Then I decided to make a banner.

8hijS7.png

:x
XTgWYyz.pnggPpaGUw.png
@Deathtoll haha oh my gosh that's great
@Deathtoll haha oh my gosh that's great
talamir_figmentling_100_by_dragonnmr-d9ewzdv.gifhallowmidsig_by_dragoonwys-d9e6lsr.png
@Deathtoll I thought of Metal Gear too and got excited haha
@Deathtoll I thought of Metal Gear too and got excited haha
hardwaregore.gif
Doing this! And recording my stats :D

Rainsong Jungle
Familiars
  • Proto Manticore
  • Manticore Screamer

Boss
Overcharged Silverbeast
(dropped: Charged Tungsten, Jungle Pith)

Boreal Woods
...first battle up, apparently??

Boss
Yeti (and Snowfall Elk)
(dropped: Battered Shields, Frozen Knapsack, Rich Iron Ore, Snowfall Elk Ear)

Mire
Familiars
  • Common Podid

I'll edit in each subsequent area ^ ^
Doing this! And recording my stats :D

Rainsong Jungle
Familiars
  • Proto Manticore
  • Manticore Screamer

Boss
Overcharged Silverbeast
(dropped: Charged Tungsten, Jungle Pith)

Boreal Woods
...first battle up, apparently??

Boss
Yeti (and Snowfall Elk)
(dropped: Battered Shields, Frozen Knapsack, Rich Iron Ore, Snowfall Elk Ear)

Mire
Familiars
  • Common Podid

I'll edit in each subsequent area ^ ^
ezimba12662220866100.gif
@Figmentling This sound fun, especially now that there are bosses is the roost! I'll try it with Nuage, even though I won't exhalt him after that... (I'm trying to level up my whole lair until at least level 5, this should help...) [quote=Rainsong Jungle] 11 battles (no xp :( ) [b]Loot:[/b] [item=minor health potion] [b]Boss:[/b] Overcharged Silverbeast [/quote] [quote=Boreal Wood] 44 battles -> level 6! [b]Loot:[/b] [item=frozen knapsack] (from the Yeti!) [b]Boss:[/b] Coarsefur Yeti (alone) [/quote] [quote=Crystal Pool] 53 battles -> level 8! [b]Loot:[/b] [item=flame bolt] [item=health potion] [b]Boss:[/b] Crystalhide Jester [/quote] [quote=Harpy Roost] 6 battles [b]Loot:[/b] [item=minor health potion] [b]Boss:[/b] [i](ongoing)[/i] [/quote]
@Figmentling This sound fun, especially now that there are bosses is the roost! I'll try it with Nuage, even though I won't exhalt him after that... (I'm trying to level up my whole lair until at least level 5, this should help...)

Rainsong Jungle wrote:
11 battles (no xp :( )
Loot: Minor Health Potion
Boss: Overcharged Silverbeast

Boreal Wood wrote:
44 battles -> level 6!
Loot: Frozen Knapsack (from the Yeti!)
Boss: Coarsefur Yeti (alone)

Crystal Pool wrote:
53 battles -> level 8!
Loot: Flame Bolt Health Potion
Boss: Crystalhide Jester