Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | On MVP Selection
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12
Hi everyone!

We've noticed your enthusiasm and ideas on the MVP program and how we'll be choosing them. We think that's awesome and are happy to see how passionate you are about the future of our community!

Our focus will be on players who have shown level-headed leadership and composure, even when in a heated discussion; players who have consistently made positive and/or constructive contributions within our overall community. They will be held to a high standard and any behavior not in line with that standard will result in the MVP designation being revoked.

MVPs are chosen based on a combination of an individual's forum history, their account status, and overall contributions to the community. If you see anyone with a particularly awesome contribution, please let us know by sending us a message through Contact Us; we always love to see the amazing things you folks come up with!
Hi everyone!

We've noticed your enthusiasm and ideas on the MVP program and how we'll be choosing them. We think that's awesome and are happy to see how passionate you are about the future of our community!

Our focus will be on players who have shown level-headed leadership and composure, even when in a heated discussion; players who have consistently made positive and/or constructive contributions within our overall community. They will be held to a high standard and any behavior not in line with that standard will result in the MVP designation being revoked.

MVPs are chosen based on a combination of an individual's forum history, their account status, and overall contributions to the community. If you see anyone with a particularly awesome contribution, please let us know by sending us a message through Contact Us; we always love to see the amazing things you folks come up with!
@Aequorin Since (as far as I know) nobody has of yet received the MVP designation, could you do us a favor and give us a specific example? The wording here is vague at best and I know I'm not the only one that would greatly appreciate a bit of clarification. Thank you so much!

//edit Specifically something that would earn a player the designation and something that would cause the designation to be taken away.

I've been hearing a lot of concern that the MVP status is going to garner a lot of claims of favoritism and bitterness towards MVP individuals and I just want to know what makes these people the best around, so to speak.
@Aequorin Since (as far as I know) nobody has of yet received the MVP designation, could you do us a favor and give us a specific example? The wording here is vague at best and I know I'm not the only one that would greatly appreciate a bit of clarification. Thank you so much!

//edit Specifically something that would earn a player the designation and something that would cause the designation to be taken away.

I've been hearing a lot of concern that the MVP status is going to garner a lot of claims of favoritism and bitterness towards MVP individuals and I just want to know what makes these people the best around, so to speak.
1artismydrug_by_lizziecat1279-d8e77ji.png wsc_banner_by_lizziecat1279-db1jbdq.pngwyrillengenedresize_by_lizziecat1279-d8e77m6.png
I think this is such a fantastic idea. Positive reinforcement tends to have a much better effect than negative.
I think this is such a fantastic idea. Positive reinforcement tends to have a much better effect than negative.
FRLL21T.png
VUFjPIB.png
[quote]Specifically something that would earn a player the designation and something that would cause the designation to be taken away.[/quote] @lizziecat1279, a level-head in a heated discussion. As to losing the privilege? Violating the [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/site/terms-use][b]Terms of Use[/b][/url] or [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=50][b]Rules & Guidelines[/b][/url].
Quote:
Specifically something that would earn a player the designation and something that would cause the designation to be taken away.

@lizziecat1279, a level-head in a heated discussion.

As to losing the privilege? Violating the Terms of Use or Rules & Guidelines.
Aequorin,

Thanks for the information. I'm glad you guys will be looking through suggestions from players as to who might deserve the title.

Have you read this topic in the suggestion thread?
http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=sug&id=1330278&page=1

Hope you can share your thoughts on it.
Aequorin,

Thanks for the information. I'm glad you guys will be looking through suggestions from players as to who might deserve the title.

Have you read this topic in the suggestion thread?
http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=sug&id=1330278&page=1

Hope you can share your thoughts on it.
~
Yo #1 Flight Rising Community Manager. Think you can give some examples of a non-level-head in a heated discussion?

Simply saying 'level-headed leadership and composure' is very subjective and vague. What sort of behavior are you looking for specifically so that there isn't a huge information gap between how users interpret 'level-headed leadership and composure' and how admins interpret 'level-headed leadership and composure'.
Yo #1 Flight Rising Community Manager. Think you can give some examples of a non-level-head in a heated discussion?

Simply saying 'level-headed leadership and composure' is very subjective and vague. What sort of behavior are you looking for specifically so that there isn't a huge information gap between how users interpret 'level-headed leadership and composure' and how admins interpret 'level-headed leadership and composure'.
Would significant community contributions be eligible? Because people like Culex and nika (who spearheaded the Gathering data collection) have made big impacts but perhaps haven't joined in any heated discussions. Since that's the only example that's been given it kind of feels like the award is only for debaters?

ETA: I realize that the second half of the original sentence is "consistently made positive and/or constructive contributions within our overall community", but do they also have to join in on discussions or is one of them enough? I guess that's what I'm asking, haha.
Would significant community contributions be eligible? Because people like Culex and nika (who spearheaded the Gathering data collection) have made big impacts but perhaps haven't joined in any heated discussions. Since that's the only example that's been given it kind of feels like the award is only for debaters?

ETA: I realize that the second half of the original sentence is "consistently made positive and/or constructive contributions within our overall community", but do they also have to join in on discussions or is one of them enough? I guess that's what I'm asking, haha.
@luckyvulpi @Aequorin Exactly. This is what I am asking for clarification on.

As an example, the first "What should the admins do" thread that Rhea made that got moved to suggestions and then locked at around 70-80 pages had a lot of what I personally would consider level headed composure in a heated discussion. However, judging by the staff's reactions when they responded to that thread, the sentiment I felt was not shared. This is why I ask for a SPECIFIC example, something that we as a community can look at and say "alright so this post is a little too sarcastic to be considered level headed awesome we have a standard I won't waste the admins' time with sending in an MVP nomination"

That's all I'm asking for. I realize that there's more than one way to earn the MVP status but I know I would appreciate a solid example for what the userbase needs to strive for if they want to be seen in that light.
@luckyvulpi @Aequorin Exactly. This is what I am asking for clarification on.

As an example, the first "What should the admins do" thread that Rhea made that got moved to suggestions and then locked at around 70-80 pages had a lot of what I personally would consider level headed composure in a heated discussion. However, judging by the staff's reactions when they responded to that thread, the sentiment I felt was not shared. This is why I ask for a SPECIFIC example, something that we as a community can look at and say "alright so this post is a little too sarcastic to be considered level headed awesome we have a standard I won't waste the admins' time with sending in an MVP nomination"

That's all I'm asking for. I realize that there's more than one way to earn the MVP status but I know I would appreciate a solid example for what the userbase needs to strive for if they want to be seen in that light.
1artismydrug_by_lizziecat1279-d8e77ji.png wsc_banner_by_lizziecat1279-db1jbdq.pngwyrillengenedresize_by_lizziecat1279-d8e77m6.png
[quote name="BatCrooks" date="2015-01-23 11:37:44"]Would significant community contributions be eligible? Because people like Culex and nika (who spearheaded the Gathering data collection) have made big impacts but perhaps haven't joined in any heated discussions. Since that's the only example that's been given it kind of feels like the award is only for debaters?[/quote] @BatCrooks, we'll be looking at the overall history of a player up for consideration.
BatCrooks wrote on 2015-01-23 11:37:44:

@BatCrooks, we'll be looking at the overall history of a player up for consideration.
@lizziecat1279, if we define what makes someone an MVP too narrowly, we risk missing out on rewarding folks for all sorts of positive behavior. We'd rather keep it a little on the vague side so we can give this out as much as possible, than to define it too narrowly and be unable to reward those who have done something unexpected and truly deserve it.
@lizziecat1279, if we define what makes someone an MVP too narrowly, we risk missing out on rewarding folks for all sorts of positive behavior. We'd rather keep it a little on the vague side so we can give this out as much as possible, than to define it too narrowly and be unable to reward those who have done something unexpected and truly deserve it.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12