Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | High School Deities
1 2 ... 39 40 41 42 43 ... 64 65
@Ayreria Um, I never said that smoking was cool? It's awful and I don't even like being around smokers, 'cause I can smell it on them. I just thought that it was to fit with the bad girl image and wasn't advocating for it at all?

By the way, you don't have to pull out words like idiot and trash. Tons of people have self-esteem issues and you don't know how what you're saying is going to impact them.

However, I understand that smoking may be an issue that is personal or at least very important to you, so I'm sorry if my suggestion offended you. I did not mean to make it sound like I supported smoking at all.
@Ayreria Um, I never said that smoking was cool? It's awful and I don't even like being around smokers, 'cause I can smell it on them. I just thought that it was to fit with the bad girl image and wasn't advocating for it at all?

By the way, you don't have to pull out words like idiot and trash. Tons of people have self-esteem issues and you don't know how what you're saying is going to impact them.

However, I understand that smoking may be an issue that is personal or at least very important to you, so I'm sorry if my suggestion offended you. I did not mean to make it sound like I supported smoking at all.
@Ttiuronohon
I never accused you to saying smoking was cool. I was trying to use vocabulary adjacent to how the deities would think of it (not the same, as some may be more vulgar.) This includes the use of trash and stupid (as said, probably more explicit)

This is a rather touchy subject to me, thank you for understanding ^_^;
@Ttiuronohon
I never accused you to saying smoking was cool. I was trying to use vocabulary adjacent to how the deities would think of it (not the same, as some may be more vulgar.) This includes the use of trash and stupid (as said, probably more explicit)

This is a rather touchy subject to me, thank you for understanding ^_^;
xR7ErnV.pngW6y8rmh.pngNr0CWta.png
@Ayreria Yes, I understand that, but I have a tendency to read things literally, so your use of 'you' and then words like 'idiot' and 'trash' made me think you were specifically addressing me. I'm sorry if I seem really touchy about this, but I know that other individuals who have been verbally abused go on this site and that those kind of statements can do bad things for their self-esteem. Not to mention that idiot is an ableist slur (though I'm positive you didn't mean it like that!), which can also be triggering.

But also, gods against smoking = very cool.

Sorry for the rant, Ayreria and thread goers. Feel free to delete this post, I just really needed to get this off my chest.
@Ayreria Yes, I understand that, but I have a tendency to read things literally, so your use of 'you' and then words like 'idiot' and 'trash' made me think you were specifically addressing me. I'm sorry if I seem really touchy about this, but I know that other individuals who have been verbally abused go on this site and that those kind of statements can do bad things for their self-esteem. Not to mention that idiot is an ableist slur (though I'm positive you didn't mean it like that!), which can also be triggering.

But also, gods against smoking = very cool.

Sorry for the rant, Ayreria and thread goers. Feel free to delete this post, I just really needed to get this off my chest.
@Lionrae
You got your well-deserved cookie! *cheers* We'll be looking forward to your cute art if they ever happen, since there's already enough sads we pump out owo;; and yeah, I had to scramble the classpects around a couple of times just so I can fit in the prerequisites of a non-null session (Knight, Space-Time, you get it). Fun fact: Plague was going to be a Rage player but I decided against it (for the better, hopefully). Like I said, I can explain why I chose the titles for each deity, but that would veer away from this AU and more into Homestuck itself so maybe I can make another thread only for discussing the deities' classpects? Oh, and these are only my own take on their classpects; if you have other ideas, feel free to throw them at me! ;D

@Ttiuronohon
First of all, no, this is not turning into a Homestuck thread. That was me indulging the ones who share my interest XD And I was going to elaborate on why there won't be any smoking done by the deities in the fic, but it would seem that Noctinrain and Ayreria have that covered. The Serthis gang are definitely another story altogether though, so smoking may or may not be a possible characterizing trait for them. We understand your concerns with use of pronouns; everyone deserves respect here, and you are no different. We apologize for the slight misunderstanding there. Thank you for your input, and we hope you'll frequent the thread again!

@Ayreria
Ohhh yes, I do remember that. I should write about it sometimes, or draw it idk. We'll see which one happens first XD or maybe both like Amsterdam? Hmmm.
@Lionrae
You got your well-deserved cookie! *cheers* We'll be looking forward to your cute art if they ever happen, since there's already enough sads we pump out owo;; and yeah, I had to scramble the classpects around a couple of times just so I can fit in the prerequisites of a non-null session (Knight, Space-Time, you get it). Fun fact: Plague was going to be a Rage player but I decided against it (for the better, hopefully). Like I said, I can explain why I chose the titles for each deity, but that would veer away from this AU and more into Homestuck itself so maybe I can make another thread only for discussing the deities' classpects? Oh, and these are only my own take on their classpects; if you have other ideas, feel free to throw them at me! ;D

@Ttiuronohon
First of all, no, this is not turning into a Homestuck thread. That was me indulging the ones who share my interest XD And I was going to elaborate on why there won't be any smoking done by the deities in the fic, but it would seem that Noctinrain and Ayreria have that covered. The Serthis gang are definitely another story altogether though, so smoking may or may not be a possible characterizing trait for them. We understand your concerns with use of pronouns; everyone deserves respect here, and you are no different. We apologize for the slight misunderstanding there. Thank you for your input, and we hope you'll frequent the thread again!

@Ayreria
Ohhh yes, I do remember that. I should write about it sometimes, or draw it idk. We'll see which one happens first XD or maybe both like Amsterdam? Hmmm.
aOqSjGa.gif7JsaWoU.png
5SqCfGJ.gif6YB2w91.png
zDb04lN.gifQcIeheH.png
Ekb7dXv.png8DRC6Y6.png
@sugarfrost @Ayreria @Upstart @TeaLeafves @Caelthus @Lionrae @PhoenixWarlord @Seadevil
Singing Voices
Special thanks to Upstart for kickstarting my mind into formulating these with Ayreria!

One of the virtues of being a deity is that they're bound to sound good while singing. Of course, they have their own styles of doing it so people's opinions will differ, and some of them don't even sing that much. Keep in mind that this alludes to the voice of the singer and not the musical genre; if the the musical genre of a deity is different from their voiceclaim's, I'll be sure to state it. Also, these musical genres refer to the genres the deities would rather choose if they have to sing (which is different with if they were only listening to a song). On to the headcanons!

----

Windsinger sounds like Ed Sheeran, specifically in I See Fire. Genre-wise, he prefers to sing pop-ballad songs like Thinking Out Loud. We actually headcanon him singing this to Arcanist at one point, and it's as adorable as it sounds.

Earthshaker has Andrea Bocelli's voice. I'd pull Ave Maria as an example, but any Bocelli song would qualify, really. They're not very different in music.

Flamecaller sounds like Rie Fu, but genre and tone wise, she's more like YUI.

Tidelord sounds like Josh Groban. No, really. Genre-wise, he would rather sing something he can pour his heart out to. You know, the stuff that make you cry. Like this (same singer, duet with Brian McKnight). I hold no accounts for any leaking of optic fluids.

Icewarden sounds like Brian McKnight. Yes, the guy in Tidepotato's link, the one who did the higher notes. Perhaps you know him more in this song. Genre-wise however... We did mention he's Scandinavian. I may or may not be biased since I'm a bit of a metalhead. Jorn Lande is awesome.

Stormcatcher sounds like Chris Corner, also known as IAMX. Any of his songs qualify, but especially in Bernadette. Boss doesn't sing a lot though. As has been stated before, he prefers staying behind the turntable.

Lightweaver sounds like Taylor Swift back when she was more country than pop. Safe and Sound is a good example of her voice. Genre-wise, she's into alt rock. No, Taylor Swift and alt rock is not a working combination. Imagine TS singing Bon Jovi. Yeah.

Shadowbinder sounds like Marina and the Diamonds (to those who aren't familiar with the name, that's only one person). Marina's songs are too upbeat for her though, so genre-wise she's more into stuff like Lorde or Imogen Heap. There are, however, some exceptions with Marina's songs, such as with Teen Idle.

Gladekeeper is Demi Lovato, natch. Genre, style, tone, everything matches. Even the high-note hitting and the trills. Animals come flocking anyway.

Plaguebringer sounds like Emilie Autumn in any of her songs, If I Burn being a good example. Her technique is not-so-different from Gladekeeper (tons of trills). Genre-wise... she doesn't sing. Not unless she's forced to or if she's feeling like it, which is very rarely. She's not a very musical person to begin with.

Arcanist sounds like Justin Robinett (who mostly does covers of songs). A good example of his voice would be in this song (he's the one on the right). Warning: song might make you tear up. Genre-wise, Arcanist prefers singing ballads like the previous song. This means ballad duets with Windsinger. Huzzah!
@sugarfrost @Ayreria @Upstart @TeaLeafves @Caelthus @Lionrae @PhoenixWarlord @Seadevil
Singing Voices
Special thanks to Upstart for kickstarting my mind into formulating these with Ayreria!

One of the virtues of being a deity is that they're bound to sound good while singing. Of course, they have their own styles of doing it so people's opinions will differ, and some of them don't even sing that much. Keep in mind that this alludes to the voice of the singer and not the musical genre; if the the musical genre of a deity is different from their voiceclaim's, I'll be sure to state it. Also, these musical genres refer to the genres the deities would rather choose if they have to sing (which is different with if they were only listening to a song). On to the headcanons!

----

Windsinger sounds like Ed Sheeran, specifically in I See Fire. Genre-wise, he prefers to sing pop-ballad songs like Thinking Out Loud. We actually headcanon him singing this to Arcanist at one point, and it's as adorable as it sounds.

Earthshaker has Andrea Bocelli's voice. I'd pull Ave Maria as an example, but any Bocelli song would qualify, really. They're not very different in music.

Flamecaller sounds like Rie Fu, but genre and tone wise, she's more like YUI.

Tidelord sounds like Josh Groban. No, really. Genre-wise, he would rather sing something he can pour his heart out to. You know, the stuff that make you cry. Like this (same singer, duet with Brian McKnight). I hold no accounts for any leaking of optic fluids.

Icewarden sounds like Brian McKnight. Yes, the guy in Tidepotato's link, the one who did the higher notes. Perhaps you know him more in this song. Genre-wise however... We did mention he's Scandinavian. I may or may not be biased since I'm a bit of a metalhead. Jorn Lande is awesome.

Stormcatcher sounds like Chris Corner, also known as IAMX. Any of his songs qualify, but especially in Bernadette. Boss doesn't sing a lot though. As has been stated before, he prefers staying behind the turntable.

Lightweaver sounds like Taylor Swift back when she was more country than pop. Safe and Sound is a good example of her voice. Genre-wise, she's into alt rock. No, Taylor Swift and alt rock is not a working combination. Imagine TS singing Bon Jovi. Yeah.

Shadowbinder sounds like Marina and the Diamonds (to those who aren't familiar with the name, that's only one person). Marina's songs are too upbeat for her though, so genre-wise she's more into stuff like Lorde or Imogen Heap. There are, however, some exceptions with Marina's songs, such as with Teen Idle.

Gladekeeper is Demi Lovato, natch. Genre, style, tone, everything matches. Even the high-note hitting and the trills. Animals come flocking anyway.

Plaguebringer sounds like Emilie Autumn in any of her songs, If I Burn being a good example. Her technique is not-so-different from Gladekeeper (tons of trills). Genre-wise... she doesn't sing. Not unless she's forced to or if she's feeling like it, which is very rarely. She's not a very musical person to begin with.

Arcanist sounds like Justin Robinett (who mostly does covers of songs). A good example of his voice would be in this song (he's the one on the right). Warning: song might make you tear up. Genre-wise, Arcanist prefers singing ballads like the previous song. This means ballad duets with Windsinger. Huzzah!
aOqSjGa.gif7JsaWoU.png
5SqCfGJ.gif6YB2w91.png
zDb04lN.gifQcIeheH.png
Ekb7dXv.png8DRC6Y6.png
@Steex Oh, oh. I approve of this, like, so much - especially Shadowbinder, Gladekeeper, Lightweaver, Tidelord, Earthshaker, and Windsinger. Nicely done xD

Why do I imagine them high on sugar while singing a bad a capella version of some nineties song
@Steex Oh, oh. I approve of this, like, so much - especially Shadowbinder, Gladekeeper, Lightweaver, Tidelord, Earthshaker, and Windsinger. Nicely done xD

Why do I imagine them high on sugar while singing a bad a capella version of some nineties song
nhPXuTn.gifz5eKjn6.gifPXDZmkj.gif
@Upstart
Well... that might just happen in the actual story. I mean, who knows! ;D
@Upstart
Well... that might just happen in the actual story. I mean, who knows! ;D
aOqSjGa.gif7JsaWoU.png
5SqCfGJ.gif6YB2w91.png
zDb04lN.gifQcIeheH.png
Ekb7dXv.png8DRC6Y6.png
@Steex @Ayreria
WHAT HAVE WE DONE
WHAT HAVE YOU DONE
WHY IS THIS HAPPENING
@Upstart
Oh my gosh, I can just imagine them all with a sugar rush and Windy's like "Guuuuys, we should make an acapella club" and Mather (who is in every club) is like "Yeah great idea"
And then they convince everyone else to join
@Steex @Ayreria
WHAT HAVE WE DONE
WHAT HAVE YOU DONE
WHY IS THIS HAPPENING
@Upstart
Oh my gosh, I can just imagine them all with a sugar rush and Windy's like "Guuuuys, we should make an acapella club" and Mather (who is in every club) is like "Yeah great idea"
And then they convince everyone else to join
x0CMhAc.png pYAz4OB.png keychainsmallpurple_by_general_ebonrose-d9vbgfs.png zyvrj7C.png
@Blizardstar

This is so amazing I love this so much yes. And I read it all in two days. Well, all 41 pages of the thread. Still need to read the completed first chapter which I already know will be awesome. You guys are all awesome. Keep me posted?

@Geekbot2000 @Skelkirie

Draging these two in here with me.

(lol sorry if any of this is off, i'm new to the forums so I don't reallyknow what i'm doing)
@Blizardstar

This is so amazing I love this so much yes. And I read it all in two days. Well, all 41 pages of the thread. Still need to read the completed first chapter which I already know will be awesome. You guys are all awesome. Keep me posted?

@Geekbot2000 @Skelkirie

Draging these two in here with me.

(lol sorry if any of this is off, i'm new to the forums so I don't reallyknow what i'm doing)
e2V12xK.png
@Blizardstar
First of all, welcome to the forums. And of course, welcome to the AU! We'll definitely add you to the ping list, and we hope you enjoy all the stuff we pump out on a random basis. Feel free to punt your own headcanons at us if you want; we're pretty open to new ideas!

And if you haven't seen them, here's the thread for art stuff related to the AU and here's the thread for comments/reviews/stuff for the fic itself.
@Blizardstar
First of all, welcome to the forums. And of course, welcome to the AU! We'll definitely add you to the ping list, and we hope you enjoy all the stuff we pump out on a random basis. Feel free to punt your own headcanons at us if you want; we're pretty open to new ideas!

And if you haven't seen them, here's the thread for art stuff related to the AU and here's the thread for comments/reviews/stuff for the fic itself.
aOqSjGa.gif7JsaWoU.png
5SqCfGJ.gif6YB2w91.png
zDb04lN.gifQcIeheH.png
Ekb7dXv.png8DRC6Y6.png
1 2 ... 39 40 41 42 43 ... 64 65