Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Battle for the Bay! Wind & Arcane Story
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
@Dragonpuff Sure! I invited my Arcane writing friend to join in already, and am working on Day 2 of the battle saga.
@Dragonpuff Sure! I invited my Arcane writing friend to join in already, and am working on Day 2 of the battle saga.
An open book that reads Stories & Poetry MJ 24uZeuhOu.pngBk78Myp.pngLaSYQ19.gif8d7o509.png
This is a cute idea! :) Love it so far.
This is a cute idea! :) Love it so far.
1009gIL.png
Up above the Bay, in the heights of the Reedcleft pillars, the merry notes of a pipeflute danced upon the wind as a bright winged Wildclaw spun through the reed groves and skipped over aged and battered rocks. He was returning to the Plateau from a journey into the Wasteland, and the salty, cool breeze coming from the across WindStar had drawn him to dance on the very edge of land. He was in such a good mood that his pipes had a NEED to be played, and the little River Flight sitting between his shoulder blades was happy to contribute a squeaking chorus. It was a good day to be returning home, Aremis thought. The Wind was singing ~ [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=989407] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/9895/989407_350.png[/img] [/url] ...And the unexpected [b]BOOMING[/b] nearly made him stumble. Which was absolutely absurd! He, Aremis BlackClaw, did not ever stumble, or trip, or fall. It simply didn't happen. He was too sure footed for that!... No one was around to see anyway, so it [i]DEFINITELY[/i] didn't happen. Indeed. Yes. After giving himself a shake to settle his feathers, he hot-footed right over to the edge of the pillar, to crane his neck down to see what was going on. The sounds, they were explosions weren't they? They came from below too... THERE! He could see plumes of smoke dissipating in the air on the northern beach of the Bay, and the figures of a couple of Dragons. It was too far away to see in any detail, but he had lived in a Wind Clan long enough to have learned some tricks of the trade. He curled his head into the breeze and invoked a blessing of the Windsinger, allowing him to listen to the words carried up on the air. The ahh- 'discussion' filtered up to him in small fragments, making him frown. That didn't sound good. He saw the form of another Dragon coming in towards the duo too, before one of them collapsed. He wondered then, for a moment, if he should jump the cliff and glide down to help, but.... It would take [i]so long[/i] to scale the Ascent again. It would probably cost him the better part of the day, and he was [i]so[/i] looking forward to being home again today. It had been so long since he'd been back... But it looked like the pair were handling it well enough. They were managing to move the big one in a semi-efficient manner. Sort of. They didn't need his help. It would be... Uh-oh. They were moving off, practically gone already, so they didn't see the little speck of a Dragon appear and flee in the other direction. Oh Singer. This could be bad. Spinning the conversation that he'd overheard and all that he had seen through his head again, he could see how it could easily be misconstrued in a bad way. And if the rumours he'd heard on his journeying of the recent tenseness surrounding WindStar Bay had even been remotely accurate, this could very easily blow mightily out of proportion. Oh Singer indeed. "It's time to fly, my little friend. No more notes for now, I'm afraid." His River Flight churred in disappointment, but hunkered down onto his back all the same. The little fellow knew how to keep hold of him when they really needed to skedaddle. Other then being a smidgen homesick, just a bit really, he now had another, much more official reason to rush home as quick as his feet could take him. The Cluster needed to be informed of this development. The Ninjas may need to be assembled.
Up above the Bay, in the heights of the Reedcleft pillars, the merry notes of a pipeflute danced upon the wind as a bright winged Wildclaw spun through the reed groves and skipped over aged and battered rocks. He was returning to the Plateau from a journey into the Wasteland, and the salty, cool breeze coming from the across WindStar had drawn him to dance on the very edge of land. He was in such a good mood that his pipes had a NEED to be played, and the little River Flight sitting between his shoulder blades was happy to contribute a squeaking chorus.

It was a good day to be returning home, Aremis thought. The Wind was singing ~

989407_350.png

...And the unexpected BOOMING nearly made him stumble. Which was absolutely absurd! He, Aremis BlackClaw, did not ever stumble, or trip, or fall. It simply didn't happen. He was too sure footed for that!... No one was around to see anyway, so it DEFINITELY didn't happen. Indeed. Yes.

After giving himself a shake to settle his feathers, he hot-footed right over to the edge of the pillar, to crane his neck down to see what was going on. The sounds, they were explosions weren't they? They came from below too... THERE!

He could see plumes of smoke dissipating in the air on the northern beach of the Bay, and the figures of a couple of Dragons. It was too far away to see in any detail, but he had lived in a Wind Clan long enough to have learned some tricks of the trade. He curled his head into the breeze and invoked a blessing of the Windsinger, allowing him to listen to the words carried up on the air.

The ahh- 'discussion' filtered up to him in small fragments, making him frown. That didn't sound good. He saw the form of another Dragon coming in towards the duo too, before one of them collapsed. He wondered then, for a moment, if he should jump the cliff and glide down to help, but.... It would take so long to scale the Ascent again. It would probably cost him the better part of the day, and he was so looking forward to being home again today. It had been so long since he'd been back...

But it looked like the pair were handling it well enough. They were managing to move the big one in a semi-efficient manner. Sort of. They didn't need his help. It would be... Uh-oh.

They were moving off, practically gone already, so they didn't see the little speck of a Dragon appear and flee in the other direction.

Oh Singer. This could be bad. Spinning the conversation that he'd overheard and all that he had seen through his head again, he could see how it could easily be misconstrued in a bad way. And if the rumours he'd heard on his journeying of the recent tenseness surrounding WindStar Bay had even been remotely accurate, this could very easily blow mightily out of proportion.

Oh Singer indeed.

"It's time to fly, my little friend. No more notes for now, I'm afraid." His River Flight churred in disappointment, but hunkered down onto his back all the same. The little fellow knew how to keep hold of him when they really needed to skedaddle.

Other then being a smidgen homesick, just a bit really, he now had another, much more official reason to rush home as quick as his feet could take him. The Cluster needed to be informed of this development. The Ninjas may need to be assembled.
drpusig1_zpsjz7uct4m.pngwindright_zpsee23nxkw.png
@Dragonpuff Awesome :-)

Day 2 of the DRAMA tomorrow :-)
@Dragonpuff Awesome :-)

Day 2 of the DRAMA tomorrow :-)
An open book that reads Stories & Poetry MJ 24uZeuhOu.pngBk78Myp.pngLaSYQ19.gif8d7o509.png
It is incredibly difficult to focus on the energy of the cosmos with such distractions. My children, if you could endeavor to push these foul winds back to their southern territory, it would be most appreciated.

I cannot see the stars with clouds in the way...
It is incredibly difficult to focus on the energy of the cosmos with such distractions. My children, if you could endeavor to push these foul winds back to their southern territory, it would be most appreciated.

I cannot see the stars with clouds in the way...
Day 2....

The morning sun was bright in the clear blue sky, Siltie spread her wings and was about to head off on a brief morning flight around the valley they called home, when a loud shout and screams from the Lair behind her made her cringe and sigh. She turned her back on the beautiful sunrise, and went in to see what was wrong now.

The pinkish Guardian was hollering incoherently, as WindSong was trying to loudly calm him down, with the hatchlings and the others spread around the side of the cavern staring and sniggering.

"WIll you stop that!" She waved her wings in agitation and stared at the Guardian as if he was an errant hatchling caught in the act. She found that most dragons responded to the Mom Stare. Indeed, WindSong and the Guardian turned towards her and there was silence.

"Now, what the meep is going on here? Windsong, you first, please. Explain why you are yelling at our guest?"

"I tried to put a clean ice pack on his neck, and it startled him awake. He won't stop screaming long enough to listen. You brought him. You deal with him!" Windsong shrugged her shoulders and left to go back to the nursery where her eggs would hatch any day now. There was silence still as they all watched her leave.

Siltaria transferred her gaze to the Guardian, as she walked to the breakfast table.

"Please sit down, Sir Guardian, and have some breakfast." She indicated the bench opposite her. Then she gazed around at the others and they hurriedly went back to their morning chores. The Guardian hesitated...then plodded to the table and sat down, tail twitching.

“Welcome to our Lair, Sir Guardian, could I have the name of such an honored Arcane dragon?”

“I am the Great Crumpet.” The Guardian mumbled after he had grabbed a hunk of bread, slathered some butter on it, then shoved it in his wide mouth. “You interrupted my spell. I don’t remember anything after that.”

“You collapsed, looked like a concussion, so we brought you here. I saw no one else, did you not have an apprentice or assistant?”

“My assistant should have been nearby, but the explosions probably sent the chicken running for cover.”

“So, I will not ask what the spell was, but you did scare the willies out of the children and I. We often go to Windstar Bay for a swim on nice sunny days.”

“But you were in Starwind Bay, not Windstar.”

Siltaria took a deep breath. The Guardian was persistent. “I can show you back to your beach where you set off the spell, if you are feeling well?” She took a large bite so she didn't have to talk for awhile to this…this…growf.

They flew through the crisp morning air towards the Bay, and Siltie dipped down and played with the water and the whitecaps in the bay. The Wind was strong, and she kept a close eye on the Guardian, but he apparently had a hard head and seemed just fine.

The blackened area of the beach was still very visible as they neared the beach. “Oh dear, did I do that?” The Guardian seemed genuinely surprised at the extent of the blast area. They landed and he immediately jumped towards the giant hole and looked around.

“Everything okay, Crumpet? I’d like to get back to the hatchlings.”

He turned, surprised to see her there from the look on his face.

“You should leave, yes, this is a very delicate spell, it could go off at any moment.”

“I thought it already exploded yesterday?”

“That was just the set up, it has not yet been triggered.”

"What’s the spell, Crumpet? That would need such a big explosion just for a set up?”

“None of your business, young Skydancer! Now leave me be! I must work!”

Just then, from the surrounding trees above the beach, a row of dragons appeared, Arcanes, and pointing things toward them. A small Fae flew towards Crumpet . “Leave my Master alone! Don’t hurt him anymore!”

Siltaria was soon surrounded. A Large Imperial walked up to her, with anger and mischief in his eyes.

“You are under arrest for the kidnapping and harm of the Great Crumpet!” A number of spells went off and Siltaria could not speak or move. The Imperial nodded to those around her and they all lifted her up and carried her off toward the Arcane Lands….
Day 2....

The morning sun was bright in the clear blue sky, Siltie spread her wings and was about to head off on a brief morning flight around the valley they called home, when a loud shout and screams from the Lair behind her made her cringe and sigh. She turned her back on the beautiful sunrise, and went in to see what was wrong now.

The pinkish Guardian was hollering incoherently, as WindSong was trying to loudly calm him down, with the hatchlings and the others spread around the side of the cavern staring and sniggering.

"WIll you stop that!" She waved her wings in agitation and stared at the Guardian as if he was an errant hatchling caught in the act. She found that most dragons responded to the Mom Stare. Indeed, WindSong and the Guardian turned towards her and there was silence.

"Now, what the meep is going on here? Windsong, you first, please. Explain why you are yelling at our guest?"

"I tried to put a clean ice pack on his neck, and it startled him awake. He won't stop screaming long enough to listen. You brought him. You deal with him!" Windsong shrugged her shoulders and left to go back to the nursery where her eggs would hatch any day now. There was silence still as they all watched her leave.

Siltaria transferred her gaze to the Guardian, as she walked to the breakfast table.

"Please sit down, Sir Guardian, and have some breakfast." She indicated the bench opposite her. Then she gazed around at the others and they hurriedly went back to their morning chores. The Guardian hesitated...then plodded to the table and sat down, tail twitching.

“Welcome to our Lair, Sir Guardian, could I have the name of such an honored Arcane dragon?”

“I am the Great Crumpet.” The Guardian mumbled after he had grabbed a hunk of bread, slathered some butter on it, then shoved it in his wide mouth. “You interrupted my spell. I don’t remember anything after that.”

“You collapsed, looked like a concussion, so we brought you here. I saw no one else, did you not have an apprentice or assistant?”

“My assistant should have been nearby, but the explosions probably sent the chicken running for cover.”

“So, I will not ask what the spell was, but you did scare the willies out of the children and I. We often go to Windstar Bay for a swim on nice sunny days.”

“But you were in Starwind Bay, not Windstar.”

Siltaria took a deep breath. The Guardian was persistent. “I can show you back to your beach where you set off the spell, if you are feeling well?” She took a large bite so she didn't have to talk for awhile to this…this…growf.

They flew through the crisp morning air towards the Bay, and Siltie dipped down and played with the water and the whitecaps in the bay. The Wind was strong, and she kept a close eye on the Guardian, but he apparently had a hard head and seemed just fine.

The blackened area of the beach was still very visible as they neared the beach. “Oh dear, did I do that?” The Guardian seemed genuinely surprised at the extent of the blast area. They landed and he immediately jumped towards the giant hole and looked around.

“Everything okay, Crumpet? I’d like to get back to the hatchlings.”

He turned, surprised to see her there from the look on his face.

“You should leave, yes, this is a very delicate spell, it could go off at any moment.”

“I thought it already exploded yesterday?”

“That was just the set up, it has not yet been triggered.”

"What’s the spell, Crumpet? That would need such a big explosion just for a set up?”

“None of your business, young Skydancer! Now leave me be! I must work!”

Just then, from the surrounding trees above the beach, a row of dragons appeared, Arcanes, and pointing things toward them. A small Fae flew towards Crumpet . “Leave my Master alone! Don’t hurt him anymore!”

Siltaria was soon surrounded. A Large Imperial walked up to her, with anger and mischief in his eyes.

“You are under arrest for the kidnapping and harm of the Great Crumpet!” A number of spells went off and Siltaria could not speak or move. The Imperial nodded to those around her and they all lifted her up and carried her off toward the Arcane Lands….
Them's fightin' words, Spaceface.

Only foul winds comin' from WINDstar Bay is from yer kooky experiments. HotDad's just here to clear the air, right @Windsinger?
Them's fightin' words, Spaceface.

Only foul winds comin' from WINDstar Bay is from yer kooky experiments. HotDad's just here to clear the air, right @Windsinger?
As the sun peeked past the horizon, signalling the beginning of a new day, a small white Fae was sitting atop the highest point of the highest pillar of the Haven Cluster, seeming to be contemplating the mysteries of the universe. In truth, it wasn't the rapidly disappearing stars overhead that held her attention, even though she was looking upward towards them; her thoughts were devoted to the happenings of late last night... [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=543863] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/5439/543863_350.png[/img] [/url] [i]~ The return of Aremis BlackClaw from a Wandering was generally a joyous occasion at Haven; he would sweep in on a breeze, a tune in his pipes and a skip in his step, to regale the young ones with his new stories and generally annoy his Tribe Matron with his wide-fairing ways. Zenoba never did approve of his wandering spirit, but she would welcome him back with a grudging smile every time all the same. This return was different though. The Wildclaw blew in, rather ungracefully for him, as the sun was setting, tired and breathless. He carried worrisome news, and had sped across the entire Plateau to deliver the tidings as quickly as possible. She and the senior members of the Clan had listened to his words before he retired with his brethren for the night, and they had stayed up into the dark hours of the night discussing the implications. ~[/i] Desiera yawned, but shook it off quickly. One all-nighter wasn't enough to get her down. Especially not when she had work to do. They had all decided that the potential for disaster from these events warranted further investigation, and so the Lodestone had been activated. It was her duty to meet with the operatives as they trickled in over the night to inform them of the situation and the coming mission. A few winks of sleep wouldn't have hurt though... A sound from behind and below made her turn her head to look, and she saw a pulsing blue red shadow separate itself from the darkness of a overhang. Her frills fanned out, and she turned, twisted, dove down to meet him. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=1379780] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/13798/1379780_350.png[/img] [/url] "All is ready Azazel?" Des asked him, and received a solemn nod in return. "Good. Good." Sending another look overhead, to where the sun was rising in the sky, the little Fae took one last deep breath before she put on her 'game face'. "Wake the ninjas. It's time to move out. Let us see how the Isles are this time of year."
As the sun peeked past the horizon, signalling the beginning of a new day, a small white Fae was sitting atop the highest point of the highest pillar of the Haven Cluster, seeming to be contemplating the mysteries of the universe. In truth, it wasn't the rapidly disappearing stars overhead that held her attention, even though she was looking upward towards them; her thoughts were devoted to the happenings of late last night...

543863_350.png

~ The return of Aremis BlackClaw from a Wandering was generally a joyous occasion at Haven; he would sweep in on a breeze, a tune in his pipes and a skip in his step, to regale the young ones with his new stories and generally annoy his Tribe Matron with his wide-fairing ways. Zenoba never did approve of his wandering spirit, but she would welcome him back with a grudging smile every time all the same.

This return was different though. The Wildclaw blew in, rather ungracefully for him, as the sun was setting, tired and breathless. He carried worrisome news, and had sped across the entire Plateau to deliver the tidings as quickly as possible. She and the senior members of the Clan had listened to his words before he retired with his brethren for the night, and they had stayed up into the dark hours of the night discussing the implications. ~

Desiera yawned, but shook it off quickly. One all-nighter wasn't enough to get her down. Especially not when she had work to do. They had all decided that the potential for disaster from these events warranted further investigation, and so the Lodestone had been activated. It was her duty to meet with the operatives as they trickled in over the night to inform them of the situation and the coming mission. A few winks of sleep wouldn't have hurt though...

A sound from behind and below made her turn her head to look, and she saw a pulsing blue red shadow separate itself from the darkness of a overhang. Her frills fanned out, and she turned, twisted, dove down to meet him.

1379780_350.png

"All is ready Azazel?" Des asked him, and received a solemn nod in return. "Good. Good." Sending another look overhead, to where the sun was rising in the sky, the little Fae took one last deep breath before she put on her 'game face'.

"Wake the ninjas. It's time to move out. Let us see how the Isles are this time of year."
drpusig1_zpsjz7uct4m.pngwindright_zpsee23nxkw.png
Severance was snoring away on his perch in the Reedcliff Ascent before he was woken up by the sounds of panicking hatchlings and his fellow coliseum goers.... [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=4219667] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/42197/4219667_350.png[/img] [/url] "Geeze what happened," he groaned sleepily, "is the lightning flight really being that generous with dropping gifts for us in the Coli this morning?" It was, after all, the start of the Thundercrack Festival and every dragon likes to add their fair share of gifts and findings to their hoard... N-n-n-no sir, just, ah, well, ah, haven't you heard? They're planning, to, well, to wake the ninjas!" [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=2979192] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/29792/2979192_350.png[/img] [/url] Helios stuttered between his concentrated efforts to grab his battle gear and go over the list of ninja's in-training under his command. "Our lovely Siltaria has, ah, b-b-b-been kidnapped!!" Severance gave him a unbelieving look, "Why would such a thing happen, Miss Siltaria is so cordial and well liked. I can't imagine what she would have done to deserve such a thing." Helios pondered a bit, trying to recall the news to the best of his ability but he wasn't entirely listening--after all there were so many hatchlings running around that needed to find new homes in new lairs... "AH YES! The hatchlings! There was some sort of debacle, someone tried to harm our hatchlings, they blew up the beach and everything! Siltaria must have been quite mad that anyone would make a move on the wee ones!" Severance needn't hear anymore, "Someone tried to harm the hatchlings?? Who, Helios, who?!" "Well there was this p-p-pink fellow in the healer's room the other day..." "Pfft! Pink can only mean one thing!", and Severance bounded off to gather up his troops, calling to action those who have rested since the last holiday. Quickly spreading the news that Arcane tried to sabotage Windsinger's children, and that Siltaria went to defend them against some big, pink fella.
Severance was snoring away on his perch in the Reedcliff Ascent before he was woken up by the sounds of panicking hatchlings and his fellow coliseum goers....

4219667_350.png

"Geeze what happened," he groaned sleepily, "is the lightning flight really being that generous with dropping gifts for us in the Coli this morning?" It was, after all, the start of the Thundercrack Festival and every dragon likes to add their fair share of gifts and findings to their hoard...

N-n-n-no sir, just, ah, well, ah, haven't you heard? They're planning, to, well, to wake the ninjas!"

2979192_350.png

Helios stuttered between his concentrated efforts to grab his battle gear and go over the list of ninja's in-training under his command.

"Our lovely Siltaria has, ah, b-b-b-been kidnapped!!"

Severance gave him a unbelieving look, "Why would such a thing happen, Miss Siltaria is so cordial and well liked. I can't imagine what she would have done to deserve such a thing."

Helios pondered a bit, trying to recall the news to the best of his ability but he wasn't entirely listening--after all there were so many hatchlings running around that needed to find new homes in new lairs...

"AH YES! The hatchlings! There was some sort of debacle, someone tried to harm our hatchlings, they blew up the beach and everything! Siltaria must have been quite mad that anyone would make a move on the wee ones!"

Severance needn't hear anymore, "Someone tried to harm the hatchlings?? Who, Helios, who?!"

"Well there was this p-p-pink fellow in the healer's room the other day..."

"Pfft! Pink can only mean one thing!", and Severance bounded off to gather up his troops, calling to action those who have rested since the last holiday. Quickly spreading the news that Arcane tried to sabotage Windsinger's children, and that Siltaria went to defend them against some big, pink fella.
(snort) Love it @Dragonpuff and @disfoxface. NINJAS!
(snort) Love it @Dragonpuff and @disfoxface. NINJAS!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7