Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | Endless Night Mafia [End]
1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 77 78
@fm84

conksunk is what you feel when you see half the thread be dead externally and the other half internally and everything dead has flipped green so far

and you're like

well I guess this is my life now
@fm84

conksunk is what you feel when you see half the thread be dead externally and the other half internally and everything dead has flipped green so far

and you're like

well I guess this is my life now
[quote name="Oralee" date="2019-08-19 07:54:14" ] Also, I find it odd that someone has announced Oricole's scum tells multiple times before she even got here. I mean...why remind her instead of waiting for her to trip up if she is scum? The flip side is that you could mention that in the scum chat unless you were expey her not to look at it...so not sure, just something I found weird. [/quote] @Firo or @Varikset did you want to speak to this
Oralee wrote on 2019-08-19 07:54:14:
Also, I find it odd that someone has announced Oricole's scum tells multiple times before she even got here. I mean...why remind her instead of waiting for her to trip up if she is scum? The flip side is that you could mention that in the scum chat unless you were expey her not to look at it...so not sure, just something I found weird.
@Firo or @Varikset did you want to speak to this
not really, considering all I did was prod ori to talk

crows zooming in on that is uh

her own deal and I'm drawing my conclusions
not really, considering all I did was prod ori to talk

crows zooming in on that is uh

her own deal and I'm drawing my conclusions
I just found the middle pages, oops [quote name="@FM84" date="2019-08-19 03:02:03" ] [quote name="Firo" date="2019-08-19 03:00:48" ] @/FM84 the same thing every rational person does when voting for someone who flips green - evaluate who jumped on it, why, and how loudly [/quote] Answer as of current: me, quietly How does that make you feel? [/quote] [quote name="@Oricole" date="2019-08-19 03:03:49" ] Like a third wheel I really don't want to send the message that talking makes you suspicious [/quote] What is going on in this sequence? That's a question to Firo that...Ori answers? I don't think lynching an active player sends the message that talking is suspicious, because their activity is not the reason you're lynching them. If it is, that's a problem
I just found the middle pages, oops
@FM84 wrote on 2019-08-19 03:02:03:
Firo wrote on 2019-08-19 03:00:48:
@/FM84

the same thing every rational person does when voting for someone who flips green - evaluate who jumped on it, why, and how loudly
Answer as of current: me, quietly
How does that make you feel?
@Oricole wrote on 2019-08-19 03:03:49:
Like a third wheel
I really don't want to send the message that talking makes you suspicious
What is going on in this sequence?

That's a question to Firo that...Ori answers?

I don't think lynching an active player sends the message that talking is suspicious, because their activity is not the reason you're lynching them. If it is, that's a problem
@Oralee @smilefires

p sure that was just me, with Firo just poking Oricole for inactivity lmao

I like putting usual scum tells out there when I notice or expect them, that's about it
it wasn't meant to be a reminder of any sort, if I was scum I'd do that privately :P
@Oralee @smilefires

p sure that was just me, with Firo just poking Oricole for inactivity lmao

I like putting usual scum tells out there when I notice or expect them, that's about it
it wasn't meant to be a reminder of any sort, if I was scum I'd do that privately :P
I like anti-alignments and I'm thinking that Varikset and Oricole are likely not the mafia team together. Independently I'm not sure yet. For you it's like a really obvious "you never passed the test!" thing you could use to lynch Ori later, but the obviousness of the thing almost makes me feel better about it
I like anti-alignments and I'm thinking that Varikset and Oricole are likely not the mafia team together. Independently I'm not sure yet. For you it's like a really obvious "you never passed the test!" thing you could use to lynch Ori later, but the obviousness of the thing almost makes me feel better about it
also ori answering that question was so odd that I actually didn't parse that as an answer to that question and ignored it

huh

I'm inclined to blame that on reading comprehension though
also ori answering that question was so odd that I actually didn't parse that as an answer to that question and ignored it

huh

I'm inclined to blame that on reading comprehension though
[quote name="@Oralee" date="2019-08-19 07:54:14" ] @/oricole I've played with Tasty (we've both always been town) and so far she seems.to be playing the same. Also @/fm84 I'd argue interesting logic for Pastry. Yes, scum want a D1 Lynch and to direct it towards an innocent, though @/tastypastry I would think maf would play more sus and direct than push hard.for a Lynch. So more Oricole than, say, Firo. Anyway, I doubt Pastry's logic is scum logic. It seems like town logic if not fully thought through logic. Sorry Pastry[/quote] When you say "sus and direct" here, what do you mean? When I think about the "direct" bit, pushing hard for a lynch would be fairly "direct"
@Oralee wrote on 2019-08-19 07:54:14:
@/oricole
I've played with Tasty (we've both always been town) and so far she seems.to be playing the same.
Also @/fm84 I'd argue interesting logic for Pastry. Yes, scum want a D1 Lynch and to direct it towards an innocent, though @/tastypastry I would think maf would play more sus and direct than push hard.for a Lynch. So more Oricole than, say, Firo. Anyway, I doubt Pastry's logic is scum logic. It seems like town logic if not fully thought through logic. Sorry Pastry
When you say "sus and direct" here, what do you mean? When I think about the "direct" bit, pushing hard for a lynch would be fairly "direct"
[quote name="@Firo" date="2019-08-19 09:09:05" ] hey pastry time seems to be a big argument for you so let's math it out let's say lynches have been remarkably conksunk and everyone strung up has been town we also assume that maf kills every night because why would they not SETUP: 7 TOWN, 2 MAFIA IN AN ALWAYS LYNCH SITUATION: D1 -2 town, 5/2 D2 -2 town, 3/2, entering LYLO IN A D1 NOLYNCH SITUATION: D1 -1 town, 6/2 D2 -2 town, 4/2, entering MYLO - there's space to nolynch here to lengthen it into a D3 LYLO, but at this point, why IN A SITUATION WHERE THINGS ARE SOMEHOW SO CONKSUNK THERE ARE NO LYNCHES AT ALL: we're all dead because we have successfully bent over and dropped trou for NKs [/quote] The point about time is that the original reason you thought it was so suspicious that I defended forgetting that it was a vanilla game was because I hadn't said anything before then. My point was that there hadn't been enough time passing yet for me to put out any big posts sussing anyone. The point about time is that everyone thinks it's suspicious that my longest post at that time was defending myself, but the fact of the matter is nothing big happened before then, so there was nothing to post about. As for why I'm voting for you, it's more so that you were tunneling in on inconsequential details than the fact that you wanted a Day 1 lynch. I want a Day 1 lynch too, especially since now we don't need to worry about accidentally hitting a doctor or a cop. The vast majority of us want a Day 1 lunch. That's not the suspicious part, it's the fact that you were pushing hard for a lynch based on such a big stretch. @Oralee Fair enough, I can see what you mean. However, I can also see mafia doing both what Oricole and Firo are doing. Either option seems equally possible in my eyes, and while sneakily planting the seeds for a lunch works great in longer games with more players, what I meant to say is that in such a short game, people already need to lynch Day 1 so as long as the mafia push hard for a mislynch, they're already on the path to success. With this many players, they win on Night 3 if they can successfully push for 2 mislynches. They only need to push hard twice, and then they win, so as long as they're vocal and can direct suspicion to one person two days in a row, they're all good. I'd write out a longer response about who I personally think is sus, but class is about to start, so it'll have to wait.
@Firo wrote on 2019-08-19 09:09:05:
hey pastry

time seems to be a big argument for you so let's math it out

let's say lynches have been remarkably conksunk and everyone strung up has been town

we also assume that maf kills every night because why would they not

SETUP: 7 TOWN, 2 MAFIA

IN AN ALWAYS LYNCH SITUATION:

D1 -2 town, 5/2
D2 -2 town, 3/2, entering LYLO

IN A D1 NOLYNCH SITUATION:

D1 -1 town, 6/2
D2 -2 town, 4/2, entering MYLO - there's space to nolynch here to lengthen it into a D3 LYLO, but at this point, why

IN A SITUATION WHERE THINGS ARE SOMEHOW SO CONKSUNK THERE ARE NO LYNCHES AT ALL:

we're all dead because we have successfully bent over and dropped trou for NKs

The point about time is that the original reason you thought it was so suspicious that I defended forgetting that it was a vanilla game was because I hadn't said anything before then. My point was that there hadn't been enough time passing yet for me to put out any big posts sussing anyone. The point about time is that everyone thinks it's suspicious that my longest post at that time was defending myself, but the fact of the matter is nothing big happened before then, so there was nothing to post about.

As for why I'm voting for you, it's more so that you were tunneling in on inconsequential details than the fact that you wanted a Day 1 lynch. I want a Day 1 lynch too, especially since now we don't need to worry about accidentally hitting a doctor or a cop. The vast majority of us want a Day 1 lunch. That's not the suspicious part, it's the fact that you were pushing hard for a lynch based on such a big stretch.

@Oralee

Fair enough, I can see what you mean. However, I can also see mafia doing both what Oricole and Firo are doing. Either option seems equally possible in my eyes, and while sneakily planting the seeds for a lunch works great in longer games with more players, what I meant to say is that in such a short game, people already need to lynch Day 1 so as long as the mafia push hard for a mislynch, they're already on the path to success. With this many players, they win on Night 3 if they can successfully push for 2 mislynches. They only need to push hard twice, and then they win, so as long as they're vocal and can direct suspicion to one person two days in a row, they're all good.

I'd write out a longer response about who I personally think is sus, but class is about to start, so it'll have to wait.
EH86U9Z.pngLJ3kbI9.pngvCRntgo.png
you keep talking about how it's inconsequential, and also about how you didn't talk because you thought you couldn't talk about anything or that everything else was too inconsequential to respond to or talk about

so then, what would you consider consequential? do you actually have anything that isn't just you talking about how there's nothing to talk about and how what you said didn't matter enough so you shouldn't be lynched over it?

I see enough "nos" and "don't"s, where are the "do"s? where are you adding?
you keep talking about how it's inconsequential, and also about how you didn't talk because you thought you couldn't talk about anything or that everything else was too inconsequential to respond to or talk about

so then, what would you consider consequential? do you actually have anything that isn't just you talking about how there's nothing to talk about and how what you said didn't matter enough so you shouldn't be lynched over it?

I see enough "nos" and "don't"s, where are the "do"s? where are you adding?
1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 77 78