Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [Game Thread] Void: Awakening
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 70 71
Hello! I'm LibreNoctre, Libre, or noctre. Any pronouns are fine. I am fr time + 0. I'll probably be more active later in the day (during weekdays) because of school. [quote]what is your stance on inactive players?[/quote] Real life stuff happens. If they are lurking though, that is a whole different thing, but if they cannot play at all sudden then it's fine.
Hello! I'm LibreNoctre, Libre, or noctre. Any pronouns are fine. I am fr time + 0. I'll probably be more active later in the day (during weekdays) because of school.
Quote:
what is your stance on inactive players?

Real life stuff happens. If they are lurking though, that is a whole different thing, but if they cannot play at all sudden then it's fine.
854_0b2828e6da7a7fa3_I.gif
[quote name="JoYoon" date=2017-05-19 23:21:59] polygone edited my post above to ping someone else, sorry! (I swear I didn't change anything else) [/quote]I have no rule against editing/deleting posts, and you may do so as you like. Missed explicitly stating that, oops.
JoYoon wrote on 2017-05-19:
polygone edited my post above to ping someone else, sorry! (I swear I didn't change anything else)
I have no rule against editing/deleting posts, and you may do so as you like. Missed explicitly stating that, oops.

Praise the sun! \o/
Hey! I'm Raya36 but feel free to shorten that to Ray or Raya. I'm FR+5 and go by she/her pronouns but if you forget they/them are fine as well.

Inactives:

I don't necessarily think being inactive points towards scum since things in real life do come up, however, if someone is inactive on the thread but active on other FR threads that's completely different. It still isn't strong evidence of being scum, amd could just be unhelpful town, but with other evidence added it could point towards scum.
Hey! I'm Raya36 but feel free to shorten that to Ray or Raya. I'm FR+5 and go by she/her pronouns but if you forget they/them are fine as well.

Inactives:

I don't necessarily think being inactive points towards scum since things in real life do come up, however, if someone is inactive on the thread but active on other FR threads that's completely different. It still isn't strong evidence of being scum, amd could just be unhelpful town, but with other evidence added it could point towards scum.
tumblr_px5tx30YX41ta9vl4o2_500.gif
[quote name="JoYoon" date=2017-05-19 22:45:44] We're probably not allowed to directly quote role PMs, so I'll paraphrase... [/quote]Yes, no quoting role PMs, please and thank you. Another thing I missed putting in the rules, oops. (You're fine though.)
JoYoon wrote on 2017-05-19:
We're probably not allowed to directly quote role PMs, so I'll paraphrase...
Yes, no quoting role PMs, please and thank you. Another thing I missed putting in the rules, oops. (You're fine though.)

Praise the sun! \o/
Also ohey introduction posts I wanna join. Hi I'm polygone, or poly for short and I use waffle/pancake pronouns but don't actually care enough to enforce it and will accept whatever if you forget or can't be bothered. And RE: Inactives; They exist. We have replacements. Problem solved.

\boops back over to setting up specchat
Also ohey introduction posts I wanna join. Hi I'm polygone, or poly for short and I use waffle/pancake pronouns but don't actually care enough to enforce it and will accept whatever if you forget or can't be bothered. And RE: Inactives; They exist. We have replacements. Problem solved.

\boops back over to setting up specchat

Praise the sun! \o/
Hey! I'm SpectralDragon! I'm FR+3, but it's finals week right now so what is a timezone lol. I don't really have pronouns? If you're not using it/its you're good.

Inactives: maybe they're not scum, but they're still causing trouble. especially if they're active everywhere else but the thread.
Hey! I'm SpectralDragon! I'm FR+3, but it's finals week right now so what is a timezone lol. I don't really have pronouns? If you're not using it/its you're good.

Inactives: maybe they're not scum, but they're still causing trouble. especially if they're active everywhere else but the thread.
Food? Food? FOOD!
tumblr_inline_o1jshi1q2F1rbazpx_250.png tumblr_ozbmajllGL1w8xkufo2_250.png
Okay, I'm going to bed now...

If any questions come up, I'll answer tomorrow.
Okay, I'm going to bed now...

If any questions come up, I'll answer tomorrow.
WIP
i'll answer my own question now: true inactives (people who are just not posting on the thread at all) should be completely mod territory. an inactive lynch is a waste of a lynch; even off of the small chance that you hit scum with one, it will take the lynch out of the running for discussion the next day. taking the information away from the lynch by going after inactives is a pretty antitown thing to do (even as town), especially in a game where NKs don't reveal alignment. for what it's worth, i don't find true inactivity to be scummy. it's usually outside of the realm of anything actually happening in the game, and IRL issues do not favor scum over town. however, there's a little bracket of inactivity/lurking/active lurking that i find scummy in contrast to true inactivity. 1. meeting the bare minimum of activity without giving any reasoning why, and failing to provide opinions during the time. 2. meeting activity requirements, but primarily either echoing posts or focusing on fluffing/speculation--being technically active but non-contributory. 3. appearing to be truly inactive on the thread, but posting on other threads at the same time. @BerryBagel to be honest, i don't really love flavor speculation in general, especially since it's so easy to get it wrong and run with the wrong idea the entire game just because of flavor. i don't think it's outside of the realm of possibility that the game has 2 players that aren't strictly town or mafia, however. @JoYoon [quote]My experience in forum mafia so far has shown that inactive players are best left to the mod(s) to take care of, or [b]a town-aligned killing role (ex. vigilante), if there are any.[/b][/quote] kills performed at night will not reveal alignments in this game. while a vig would have kill power, they would be giving up the ability to know a person's alignment by killing instead of pushing a lynch. vigilantes randomly shooting inactives is just as likely as a lynch to hit townies, but has the added complication of not knowing whether or not they hit town. there's not really an incentive for a vig to kill a player who's going to be replaced, either. they're essentially wasting their ability. @Leremis <3
i'll answer my own question now:

true inactives (people who are just not posting on the thread at all) should be completely mod territory. an inactive lynch is a waste of a lynch; even off of the small chance that you hit scum with one, it will take the lynch out of the running for discussion the next day. taking the information away from the lynch by going after inactives is a pretty antitown thing to do (even as town), especially in a game where NKs don't reveal alignment.

for what it's worth, i don't find true inactivity to be scummy. it's usually outside of the realm of anything actually happening in the game, and IRL issues do not favor scum over town.

however, there's a little bracket of inactivity/lurking/active lurking that i find scummy in contrast to true inactivity.

1. meeting the bare minimum of activity without giving any reasoning why, and failing to provide opinions during the time.
2. meeting activity requirements, but primarily either echoing posts or focusing on fluffing/speculation--being technically active but non-contributory.
3. appearing to be truly inactive on the thread, but posting on other threads at the same time.

@BerryBagel

to be honest, i don't really love flavor speculation in general, especially since it's so easy to get it wrong and run with the wrong idea the entire game just because of flavor. i don't think it's outside of the realm of possibility that the game has 2 players that aren't strictly town or mafia, however.

@JoYoon
Quote:
My experience in forum mafia so far has shown that inactive players are best left to the mod(s) to take care of, or a town-aligned killing role (ex. vigilante), if there are any.
kills performed at night will not reveal alignments in this game. while a vig would have kill power, they would be giving up the ability to know a person's alignment by killing instead of pushing a lynch. vigilantes randomly shooting inactives is just as likely as a lynch to hit townies, but has the added complication of not knowing whether or not they hit town.

there's not really an incentive for a vig to kill a player who's going to be replaced, either. they're essentially wasting their ability.

@Leremis <3
LUZk8tY.png
Belated hellos after crashing early last night! Some of you I haven't played with before (tho a few of you I've at least specced), so I go by she/her but not bothered if you use something different, and am FR +2. Gotta double today at work, and Saturday nights are busy, but I'll pop on when I can--off tomorrow, so I'll definitely be around more then.

On break now, so lemme catch up with these three whole pages. xD (While I enjoy slow-paced games for sleep and sanity's sake, here's hoping we don't end up with quite as limited material to work with for getting reads as there ended up being in Fountain of Life)
Belated hellos after crashing early last night! Some of you I haven't played with before (tho a few of you I've at least specced), so I go by she/her but not bothered if you use something different, and am FR +2. Gotta double today at work, and Saturday nights are busy, but I'll pop on when I can--off tomorrow, so I'll definitely be around more then.

On break now, so lemme catch up with these three whole pages. xD (While I enjoy slow-paced games for sleep and sanity's sake, here's hoping we don't end up with quite as limited material to work with for getting reads as there ended up being in Fountain of Life)
TCC_04-sig.png Millennium Merchant Mafia NPeGYYg.png GFQXkBh.png
Literally only have a couple minutes before I have to log off but hey I'm here and it would be cool if I wasn't lynched until I come back ya. I mean go ahead if you want but just letting you all know I won't actually be super active here until Sunday afternoon or Monday. Have a good weekend~
Literally only have a couple minutes before I have to log off but hey I'm here and it would be cool if I wasn't lynched until I come back ya. I mean go ahead if you want but just letting you all know I won't actually be super active here until Sunday afternoon or Monday. Have a good weekend~
tumblr_mbrfv16TZj1r9y3da.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 70 71