Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [Game Thread] Void: Awakening
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 70 71
i'd like go ahead and kick things off with a quick introduction and a question that people are free to answer.

hello hello, i'm blanket! i'm FR+3 and tend to post more toward 12.00 to 21.00 FR time. i use they/them pronouns (in my hover/signature in case you forget). my games are on my profile if you're interested in them, and i've played with almost everybody here. *waves to people i haven't played with*

here's my question: what is your stance on inactive players?
i'd like go ahead and kick things off with a quick introduction and a question that people are free to answer.

hello hello, i'm blanket! i'm FR+3 and tend to post more toward 12.00 to 21.00 FR time. i use they/them pronouns (in my hover/signature in case you forget). my games are on my profile if you're interested in them, and i've played with almost everybody here. *waves to people i haven't played with*

here's my question: what is your stance on inactive players?
LUZk8tY.png
I'm Leremis/Ler, she/her, FR+2. Generally busy during the day during work, but that sometimes fluctuates. I'll also be away on the 26th for my graduation, so I want to clear that upfront.

what is your stance on inactive players?
Depends on replacement availability and whether that player is posting elsewhere. If they've just disappeared off the face of the earth, I'm alright with waiting for the mod to replace them. If they're being active elsewhere and avoiding the thread, then that pings me off something fierce.
I'm Leremis/Ler, she/her, FR+2. Generally busy during the day during work, but that sometimes fluctuates. I'll also be away on the 26th for my graduation, so I want to clear that upfront.

Depends on replacement availability and whether that player is posting elsewhere. If they've just disappeared off the face of the earth, I'm alright with waiting for the mod to replace them. If they're being active elsewhere and avoiding the thread, then that pings me off something fierce.
tumblr_inline_nrfex33sDc1rbfe8q_500.gif Leremis
She/her
Wishlist
I've been forgetting to introduce myself lately, so I will this time. I'm Imraldera, feel free to call me Imra. I use she/her pronouns and am FR+3, and should be on most of the day until later next week. I've played several games of mafia here on FR, but just a few more recently as I took a long break.

Now to answer your question @blanketgender

Inactive players are always unhelpful to town, however I don't think inactivity is AI in and of itself. Sometimes things happen and people can't get on. However, lurking and keeping up with the thread while not posting, is more unhelpful because you have the ability to post and discuss things but you choose not to. While this isn't always AI, it is definitely something to watch and if whoever is lurking seems scummy in other ways it can be part of the reason to suspect them.
I've been forgetting to introduce myself lately, so I will this time. I'm Imraldera, feel free to call me Imra. I use she/her pronouns and am FR+3, and should be on most of the day until later next week. I've played several games of mafia here on FR, but just a few more recently as I took a long break.

Now to answer your question @blanketgender

Inactive players are always unhelpful to town, however I don't think inactivity is AI in and of itself. Sometimes things happen and people can't get on. However, lurking and keeping up with the thread while not posting, is more unhelpful because you have the ability to post and discuss things but you choose not to. While this isn't always AI, it is definitely something to watch and if whoever is lurking seems scummy in other ways it can be part of the reason to suspect them.
NPeGYYg.pngkoIykzQ.png
Howdy howdy howdy I'm BerryBagel, or Berry, or Bagel. I've played in two games of mafia on flight rising (my username at the time was AlphaChicky), several games on Town of Salem, and countless games in real life. [b]what is your stance on inactive players?[/b] I'd say, things I find suspicious in terms of inactivity are: [LIST] [*]Showing up just enough to comment "idk I can't get any reads on anyone" [*]Active players who only target inactive players [*]Being inactive in-game and being active in other threads [*]Only showing up when someone accuses you [/LIST] Unexplained overall inactivity, on the other hand, isn't a particularly good indicator. Everyone has real life stuff that comes up from time to time. Let me follow up with another question for y'all. From the Night 0 intro text, Do you think this: [quote name="polygone"]Heck, two of them weren’t even supposed to be on the ship in the first place.[/quote] Means there are two mafia, two neutral roles, or two of something else? My knee-jerk reaction was to read it as there are two neutral roles, but it would definitely be surprising to me for there to be 2 neutrals in a game with only 14 players total.
Howdy howdy howdy
I'm BerryBagel, or Berry, or Bagel. I've played in two games of mafia on flight rising (my username at the time was AlphaChicky), several games on Town of Salem, and countless games in real life.

I'd say, things I find suspicious in terms of inactivity are:
  • Showing up just enough to comment "idk I can't get any reads on anyone"
  • Active players who only target inactive players
  • Being inactive in-game and being active in other threads
  • Only showing up when someone accuses you

Unexplained overall inactivity, on the other hand, isn't a particularly good indicator. Everyone has real life stuff that comes up from time to time.

Let me follow up with another question for y'all. From the Night 0 intro text,
Do you think this:
polygone wrote:
Heck, two of them weren’t even supposed to be on the ship in the first place.
Means there are two mafia, two neutral roles, or two of something else? My knee-jerk reaction was to read it as there are two neutral roles, but it would definitely be surprising to me for there to be 2 neutrals in a game with only 14 players total.
She/her ~ FR Time +3
11514.png
Hi everyone,

I'm JoYoon, and I'm a she. My timezone is FR-9, if anyone needs to know. I'm currently also playing a beginner's mafia game, though technically this is my second time playing forum mafia both in and out of FR.

Re: Inactive players

My experience in forum mafia so far has shown that inactive players are best left to the mod(s) to take care of, or a town-aligned killing role (ex. vigilante), if there are any.
Hi everyone,

I'm JoYoon, and I'm a she. My timezone is FR-9, if anyone needs to know. I'm currently also playing a beginner's mafia game, though technically this is my second time playing forum mafia both in and out of FR.

Re: Inactive players

My experience in forum mafia so far has shown that inactive players are best left to the mod(s) to take care of, or a town-aligned killing role (ex. vigilante), if there are any.
WIP
It's super late for me (was watching a movie), so I'll just quickly pop in with an intro and write up more detailed posts later.
I'm TheNightDancer, Dancer, or Night. I'm fine with any pronouns and am FR+3. Usually busy during the school day (I read through but don't respond as much) and am more active in the evening.

For inactive players:
I don't think inactivity is inherently scummy, I know I've been inactive before because of offline reasons. As long as they state why, it's fairly reasonable. However, lurking is very scummy to me, because it looks like the player is trying to slip under the radar and avoiding this game in particular.

Personally, I wouldn't be suprised if there were two neutrals (although, I'm not familiar other polygone's setups). Stow aways sound fairly neutral to me. And, since the two extras are identifiable, I doubt they'd be mafia.
It's super late for me (was watching a movie), so I'll just quickly pop in with an intro and write up more detailed posts later.
I'm TheNightDancer, Dancer, or Night. I'm fine with any pronouns and am FR+3. Usually busy during the school day (I read through but don't respond as much) and am more active in the evening.

For inactive players:
I don't think inactivity is inherently scummy, I know I've been inactive before because of offline reasons. As long as they state why, it's fairly reasonable. However, lurking is very scummy to me, because it looks like the player is trying to slip under the radar and avoiding this game in particular.

Personally, I wouldn't be suprised if there were two neutrals (although, I'm not familiar other polygone's setups). Stow aways sound fairly neutral to me. And, since the two extras are identifiable, I doubt they'd be mafia.
968.png
dancer | fr+3 | music shop | g1 sales | wishlist
@Imraldera @BerryBagel @JoYoon
I don't think I've played with you guys before. Hi!
@Imraldera @BerryBagel @JoYoon
I don't think I've played with you guys before. Hi!
968.png
dancer | fr+3 | music shop | g1 sales | wishlist
@TheNightDancer

Hello! How do you do?
@TheNightDancer

Hello! How do you do?
WIP
@BerryBagel @TheNightDancer

We're probably not allowed to directly quote our role PMs, so I'll paraphrase; the town win condition (that I was sent) says something along the lines of: "you need to have more members than the other factions by the end of the game".

Maybe polygone wanted to throw us off, but the wording hints that there is more than one faction opposing town (or at least that's how I interpreted it).

There could be some sort of third party/neutral faction, I don't know.

@BerryBagel @TheNightDancer

We're probably not allowed to directly quote our role PMs, so I'll paraphrase; the town win condition (that I was sent) says something along the lines of: "you need to have more members than the other factions by the end of the game".

Maybe polygone wanted to throw us off, but the wording hints that there is more than one faction opposing town (or at least that's how I interpreted it).

There could be some sort of third party/neutral faction, I don't know.

WIP
Hi! I'm Limelight. She/Her pronouns as per my sig. +3 FR/EST. I'm also busy this weekend so my activity will be sparse but I'll be online and contributing when I can!

Re: Inactive players:

NAI to me but it depends on players, and if they were inactive from start or suddenly went inactive or started being active during what time. Sometimes it can be signs of scum, sometimes not.
Hi! I'm Limelight. She/Her pronouns as per my sig. +3 FR/EST. I'm also busy this weekend so my activity will be sparse but I'll be online and contributing when I can!

Re: Inactive players:

NAI to me but it depends on players, and if they were inactive from start or suddenly went inactive or started being active during what time. Sometimes it can be signs of scum, sometimes not.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 70 71