Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [Trickmurk] Haunted Cooking Contest
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
@casuallySleepy @Tyta @Fletcher @RottAndArtist @Fricklefrack

Thank you Frick for posting while I was at work. :) Yes, this is an IRL cooking contest. I have updated the front page to better reflect this. I apologize for any confusion.

@Elysiuhm :D First entry! And you posted it perfectly. Although, I belatedly realized it would be better for contestants to ping me in their recipe, so I can update the entry page with direct links. Could you do so for me now?

@Helianthe You can, yes. Or you can enter just one. It's entirely up to you. However, you can only win one category, so we don't have one person just sweeping the competition completely.
@casuallySleepy @Tyta @Fletcher @RottAndArtist @Fricklefrack

Thank you Frick for posting while I was at work. :) Yes, this is an IRL cooking contest. I have updated the front page to better reflect this. I apologize for any confusion.

@Elysiuhm :D First entry! And you posted it perfectly. Although, I belatedly realized it would be better for contestants to ping me in their recipe, so I can update the entry page with direct links. Could you do so for me now?

@Helianthe You can, yes. Or you can enter just one. It's entirely up to you. However, you can only win one category, so we don't have one person just sweeping the competition completely.
RU7fXDq.png
@Temmith

Ah! Good to know I did it right! Also, may I please be put on the pinglist for when judging begins?
Thank you!
@Temmith

Ah! Good to know I did it right! Also, may I please be put on the pinglist for when judging begins?
Thank you!
HzEcRBY.png

Be Their Light
[quote=The Gloomwillow Guide Appears!][center]CAUGHT![/center][/quote] [i][size=2][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2118886/1]What's this? Find out how to help[/url].[/size][/i]
The Gloomwillow Guide Appears! wrote:
CAUGHT!

What's this? Find out how to help.
Gr7tY6Q.gif
@Prescott

Gothca!
@Prescott

Gothca!
swip.png Yumi's XXX G1 quest
Wishlist
Yumi's goal tracker
@Prescott

Bunsy, claws encounter of the furred kind
@Prescott

Bunsy, claws encounter of the furred kind
Free max level brewing. Thread here!
@prescott

Typo, *bubsy
@prescott

Typo, *bubsy
Free max level brewing. Thread here!
@Temmith Name of dish: Pizza Username & ID #: AnyaAnastasia and Idk Photograph of dish:[img]pizza4me.PNG[/img] Full recipe: Ingredients: 1/2 recipe homemade pizza crust 1/2 - 3/4 cup (127-190g) pizza sauce, depending how much you like (homemade or store-bought) 8 ounces sliced mozzarella cheese 1 and 1/2 cups (6oz or 168g) shredded mozzarella cheese 2-3 Tablespoons (10-15g) grated Parmesan cheese ground basil, to taste Directions Prepare the pizza dough through step 11, including preheating the oven to 475F as described in step 8. Top the crust with the pizza sauce, then the sliced mozzarella, then the shredded mozzarella, grated Parmesan, then sprinkle with basil. Bake for 12-15 minutes. For the last minute, I move the oven rack to the top rack to really brown the edges. That's optional. Slice hot pizza and serve immediately. Store leftover pizza covered tightly in the refrigerator and reheat as you prefer. Baked pizza slices may be frozen up to 1 month.
@Temmith
Name of dish: Pizza
Username & ID #: AnyaAnastasia and Idk
Photograph of dish:[img]pizza4me.PNG[/img]
Full recipe: Ingredients:

1/2 recipe homemade pizza crust
1/2 - 3/4 cup (127-190g) pizza sauce, depending how much you like (homemade or store-bought)
8 ounces sliced mozzarella cheese
1 and 1/2 cups (6oz or 168g) shredded mozzarella cheese
2-3 Tablespoons (10-15g) grated Parmesan cheese
ground basil, to taste

Directions
Prepare the pizza dough through step 11, including preheating the oven to 475F as described in step 8.
Top the crust with the pizza sauce, then the sliced mozzarella, then the shredded mozzarella, grated Parmesan, then sprinkle with basil.
Bake for 12-15 minutes. For the last minute, I move the oven rack to the top rack to really brown the edges. That's optional.
Slice hot pizza and serve immediately. Store leftover pizza covered tightly in the refrigerator and reheat as you prefer. Baked pizza slices may be frozen up to 1 month.
Darkness, Air, Water, And Sky will come together and shake the forest to its roots.
FR Time +2
iAiI6jU.png
i cant even make a photo of cheese pizza right.
i cant even make a photo of cheese pizza right.
Darkness, Air, Water, And Sky will come together and shake the forest to its roots.
FR Time +2
iAiI6jU.png
@Temmith Alrighty, here comes my entry for the main dish! This was so much fun :) Maybe I'll have time to join the other categories too. But let's go with this for now! ^^ [b]Name of dish:[/b] Chicken Chow Murk [b]Username & ID #:[/b] moomargh 125207 [b]Photograph of dish[/b] (with username & Id included in photo) [img]http://i.imgur.com/6dP7Sot.jpg[/img] [b]Full recipe:[/b] For this year's Trickmurk, our chef has created a dish that would surely please any dragons, be it anything from a meat eater to an insect feaster! And not to mention, we are using all of the finest ingredients found in our dear Tangled Woods! But how, you may ask? Here's all our inspiration for this dish (well, being a Wind cook would explain the Bamboo leaves - you just allllways have to keep some of those with you!) [center][item=Centipede] [item=Blackworm] = Noodles [item=Black orpington] [item=incorporeal dinner] = Chicken [item=Shadowmist Oysters] = Oyster sauce [item=Glow Mushroom] = Shiitake [item=Jungle Grass] = Green onions [item=Bamboo leaves] = Bamboo shoots[/center] [b]Ingredients[/b] [u]Chicken & marinade[/u] 200 grams (1/2 pound) of Chicken (boneless & skinless, eg breast) 1 teaspoon of Soy Sauce 1 tablespoon of Mirin/Rice wine 1/2 teaspoon of Chinese five spice (check your local Asian market! For Mirin too.) 1/2 teaspoon of Baking soda Pinch of Black pepper [u]Sauce[/u] 3 tablespoon Oyster sauce 1,2dl (1/2 cup) Chicken stock [u]Veggies & Noodles[/u] 3 Cloves of Garlic Thumb of Fresh Ginger 1 Green onion 1 Bok choy (a bigger one) 2 Shiitake mushrooms 4 oz Bamboo Shoots 1 Carrot Handful of Broccoli Sprouts You can also use any of your favorite vegetables, or whatever you find in the fridge - bellpeppers, cucumber, water chestnuts, any other cooking mushrooms.. Or even frozen wok vegetables if you are feeling a bit lazy :D 100 grams (1/4 pound) of Chinese Egg noodles (dry or frozen!) [center][img]http://i.imgur.com/dTZoIf4.jpg[/img] [size=2]All your ingredients (missing the carrot lol)[/size][/center] [u]Nro 1. - Marinating the chicken[/u] Let's start with marinating the chicken. First, you'll need to cut you chicken into bite-size pieces. Remember to always wash your hands and equipment well after preparing raw chicken! Place your cut chicken into a mixing bowl, and add to it the Soy sauce, Mirin/Rice Wine (or Dry Sherry. If you don't want to cook with alcohol, you can use water instead), Chinese Five spice mix, Baking soda and Black Pepper. Mix everything together and move it aside to let it marinate while you prepare everything else. [u]Nro 2. - Sauce[/u] Next we will make the sauce. Easy sauce! You'll just need to mix together the Oyster Sauce and Chicken stock (we just used the normal chicken stock cubes for this - the packet you have will have the instructions for those particular cubes). Set aside as it'll be ready for cooking! [center][img]http://i.imgur.com/jev5B29.jpg[/img] [size=2]Chicken and sauce ready and waiting![/size][/center] [u]Nro 3 - Noodles[/u] Next up - the Chinese egg noodles. First of all, if you have the dried egg noodles, you should soak them in boiling water for about 1 to 2 minutes, just to let them get a little soft, but not fully cooked just yet. After they are soft, you should rinse them with cold water and let them sit and wait for later. There are also frozen egg noodles in Asian markets, which would be easier to use, and you don't need to worry about the previous part if you have those (just unfreeze them hehe). [u]Nro 4 - Chopping up your veggies[/u] For the vegetables, we'll need to do some cutting! Peel and mince both the garlic and ginger. Chop green onion into small pieces, julienne the carrots. Chop up bok choy and shiitake mushrooms into easy to eat pieces! For the bamboo shoots, we had a packet that is already nicely chopped, but you might want to rinse the shoots with cold water to get the excess juices out. [center][img]http://i.imgur.com/wwaUceK.jpg[/img] [size=2]Veggies getting ready![/size][/center] [u]Nro 5 - Cooking the Chicken[/u] Alrighty! We've got everything ready for cooking :) So lets start. Take out your biggest frying pan or a wok pan if you have, get your stove to high heat, and add some cooking oil. As the pan gets hot, we should start with cooking our chicken first! So cook your chicken over high heat for about 3-5 minutes. This really depends on your stove. But the chicken should get golden brown and feel like it's cooked inside as well. You can check this by cutting a piece into a half and if there's no more red inside - your chicken is ready. Move your chicken into a plate and let it wait a little. [u]Nro 6 - Cooking and mixing EVERYTHING[/u] Next we are going to cook the garlic and ginger in oil, get a little of the fragrance out there! But be careful not to burn it. Just cook maybe 30 seconds or less, before adding other vegetables - carrots, bok choy, shiitake, bamboo shoots. Fry them for around a minute or until the vegetables get a little softer. Next we will add the noodles and the sauce! Keep mixing everything well. The sauce might look a little watery at first, but keep mixing and soon the noodles will soak all the sauce while they are cooking. After maybe 2 to 3 minutes the sauce should not be running anymore, and you can add your chicken and some broccoli sprouts in. Mix everything well once more, and after about 1 minute we are done! [center][img]http://i.imgur.com/rXJ6kwF.jpg[/img] [size=2]Getting it done![/size][/center] [u]Nro 7 - Enjoy![/u] Get some of that goodness on your plate, for garnish you can add just a tiny pinch of Sesame oil and toasted sesame seeds. Grab your favorite drink to go with it and enjoy!
@Temmith Alrighty, here comes my entry for the main dish! This was so much fun :) Maybe I'll have time to join the other categories too. But let's go with this for now! ^^

Name of dish: Chicken Chow Murk

Username & ID #: moomargh 125207

Photograph of dish (with username & Id included in photo)

6dP7Sot.jpg

Full recipe: For this year's Trickmurk, our chef has created a dish that would surely please any dragons, be it anything from a meat eater to an insect feaster! And not to mention, we are using all of the finest ingredients found in our dear Tangled Woods! But how, you may ask? Here's all our inspiration for this dish (well, being a Wind cook would explain the Bamboo leaves - you just allllways have to keep some of those with you!)
Centipede Blackworm = Noodles Black Orpington Incorporeal Dinner = Chicken
Shadowmist Oysters = Oyster sauce Glow Mushroom = Shiitake
Jungle Grass = Green onions Bamboo Leaves = Bamboo shoots

Ingredients

Chicken & marinade
200 grams (1/2 pound) of Chicken (boneless & skinless, eg breast)
1 teaspoon of Soy Sauce
1 tablespoon of Mirin/Rice wine
1/2 teaspoon of Chinese five spice (check your local Asian market! For Mirin too.)
1/2 teaspoon of Baking soda
Pinch of Black pepper

Sauce
3 tablespoon Oyster sauce
1,2dl (1/2 cup) Chicken stock

Veggies & Noodles
3 Cloves of Garlic
Thumb of Fresh Ginger
1 Green onion
1 Bok choy (a bigger one)
2 Shiitake mushrooms
4 oz Bamboo Shoots
1 Carrot
Handful of Broccoli Sprouts
You can also use any of your favorite vegetables, or whatever you find in the fridge - bellpeppers, cucumber, water chestnuts, any other cooking mushrooms.. Or even frozen wok vegetables if you are feeling a bit lazy :D
100 grams (1/4 pound) of Chinese Egg noodles (dry or frozen!)

dTZoIf4.jpg
All your ingredients (missing the carrot lol)

Nro 1. - Marinating the chicken
Let's start with marinating the chicken. First, you'll need to cut you chicken into bite-size pieces. Remember to always wash your hands and equipment well after preparing raw chicken! Place your cut chicken into a mixing bowl, and add to it the Soy sauce, Mirin/Rice Wine (or Dry Sherry. If you don't want to cook with alcohol, you can use water instead), Chinese Five spice mix, Baking soda and Black Pepper. Mix everything together and move it aside to let it marinate while you prepare everything else.

Nro 2. - Sauce
Next we will make the sauce. Easy sauce! You'll just need to mix together the Oyster Sauce and Chicken stock (we just used the normal chicken stock cubes for this - the packet you have will have the instructions for those particular cubes). Set aside as it'll be ready for cooking!

jev5B29.jpg
Chicken and sauce ready and waiting!

Nro 3 - Noodles
Next up - the Chinese egg noodles. First of all, if you have the dried egg noodles, you should soak them in boiling water for about 1 to 2 minutes, just to let them get a little soft, but not fully cooked just yet. After they are soft, you should rinse them with cold water and let them sit and wait for later. There are also frozen egg noodles in Asian markets, which would be easier to use, and you don't need to worry about the previous part if you have those (just unfreeze them hehe).

Nro 4 - Chopping up your veggies
For the vegetables, we'll need to do some cutting! Peel and mince both the garlic and ginger. Chop green onion into small pieces, julienne the carrots. Chop up bok choy and shiitake mushrooms into easy to eat pieces! For the bamboo shoots, we had a packet that is already nicely chopped, but you might want to rinse the shoots with cold water to get the excess juices out.

wwaUceK.jpg
Veggies getting ready!

Nro 5 - Cooking the Chicken
Alrighty! We've got everything ready for cooking :) So lets start. Take out your biggest frying pan or a wok pan if you have, get your stove to high heat, and add some cooking oil. As the pan gets hot, we should start with cooking our chicken first! So cook your chicken over high heat for about 3-5 minutes. This really depends on your stove. But the chicken should get golden brown and feel like it's cooked inside as well. You can check this by cutting a piece into a half and if there's no more red inside - your chicken is ready. Move your chicken into a plate and let it wait a little.

Nro 6 - Cooking and mixing EVERYTHING
Next we are going to cook the garlic and ginger in oil, get a little of the fragrance out there! But be careful not to burn it. Just cook maybe 30 seconds or less, before adding other vegetables - carrots, bok choy, shiitake, bamboo shoots. Fry them for around a minute or until the vegetables get a little softer. Next we will add the noodles and the sauce! Keep mixing everything well. The sauce might look a little watery at first, but keep mixing and soon the noodles will soak all the sauce while they are cooking. After maybe 2 to 3 minutes the sauce should not be running anymore, and you can add your chicken and some broccoli sprouts in. Mix everything well once more, and after about 1 minute we are done!

rXJ6kwF.jpg
Getting it done!

Nro 7 - Enjoy!
Get some of that goodness on your plate, for garnish you can add just a tiny pinch of Sesame oil and toasted sesame seeds. Grab your favorite drink to go with it and enjoy!
2T7Jk2l.png
@AnyaAnastasia Did you upload your photo to somewhere, like imgur? FR doesn't allow uploading directly from your computer.
@AnyaAnastasia Did you upload your photo to somewhere, like imgur? FR doesn't allow uploading directly from your computer.
1fTWTjV.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7