Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [MJ] Riddle Game
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 56 57
[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/oBpP0zc.png[/img] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=17522441] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/175225/17522441_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] [i][b]The entrance to the Haunted House is covered by a dark flap of fabric, giving no clues as to what lies within. Just as you are about to enter, the Imperial manning the entrance presses a small rock into your hand. "Good luck." He says. Confused by the rock, you nevertheless hang onto it, and enter the Haunted House. As the flap falls shut behind you, the rock in your hand flares up, as though consumed by a flame, though it remains cool to the touch. The little orange light allows you to see a little in the pitch blackness, and you find yourself in a small, sparse antechamber. Behind you is the entrance, and in front of you is another door. With trepidation, you open the door, only to find yet another room, this time filled with other dragons, all holding glowing rocks of their own. You almost drop your rock in surprise when it starts to speak. 'Solve the riddle, open the door. Only the right kind of dragon can lead the way into the light.'[/i][/b]

The entrance to the Haunted House is covered by a dark flap of fabric, giving no clues as to what lies within. Just as you are about to enter, the Imperial manning the entrance presses a small rock into your hand. "Good luck." He says. Confused by the rock, you nevertheless hang onto it, and enter the Haunted House. As the flap falls shut behind you, the rock in your hand flares up, as though consumed by a flame, though it remains cool to the touch. The little orange light allows you to see a little in the pitch blackness, and you find yourself in a small, sparse antechamber. Behind you is the entrance, and in front of you is another door. With trepidation, you open the door, only to find yet another room, this time filled with other dragons, all holding glowing rocks of their own. You almost drop your rock in surprise when it starts to speak. 'Solve the riddle, open the door. Only the right kind of dragon can lead the way into the light.'
[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/Oy4wmw8.png[/img][/center] [b]When will the game begin?[/b] The game begins on the first day of Mistral Jamboree on Sunday, and will end on the last day, on Saturday. [b]How long do I have to sign up?[/b] Signups close at rollover on the first day of Mistral Jamboree [b]How do I sign up?[/b] Just post here, ping me, and submit however many dragons you want to play in the game. They must be your own dragons. Minimum one, maximum five. [i] Pro tip: Once you've signed up, you can always submit more dragons as long as you don't exceed five dragons [b]currently[/b] in the game. So if you fill up all five slots before the game even begins, you won't have any space for other dragons you may want/need to add![/i] [quote name=Form]@thefrayna [b]Username:[/b] [b]Dragons you're entering:[/b] (Paste BBC embed codes here)[/quote] [b]How does the game work?[/b] Every day there will be a new quote. The quote hints at the answer to the riddle. The answer to the riddle is a trait that a dragon must have to open the door. Every day each of your dragons must choose to either attempt to open the door, or follow another dragon, who has chosen to open the door. If the dragon opening the door is successful, they and everyone following them go on to the next round. Anyone else is eliminated. So if you think you've figured out the dragon, but you don't have a dragon in-game with that trait, but you do have one in your lair, you can submit that dragon and play it straight away, as long as you haven't filled your five-dragon quota! [b]This sounds like a game that requires some commitment[/b] Yes, it is. If you don't post one day, all your dragons will be wiped from the game, and if you don't post for two days running you will be removed from the game. I understand that not everyone can come online every day, but if you are one of those people, perhaps this game is not for you. We have plenty of other games, I'm sure there will be something that suits you better. [b]What if I missed two days for a really good reason that I could not have predicted?[/b] If you want to be added back to the game, just send me a PM explaining the situation, I'm really nice, I promise. I don't want to remove people, it's just to clear out inactive players so the data is easier to handle. So if you want back in I'll do my best to help you. [b]Can my dragons follow someone else's dragon?[/b] Yes. Discussion between players is encouraged. Imagine if you have five dragons in-game. Here is what your post might look like. [quote]Dragon #1: Tries to open door. Dragon #2: Tries to open door. Dragon #3: Follows Dragon #2 through door. Dragon #4: Follows Dragon #1 through door. Dragon #5: Follows @ (username)'s dragon (dragon's name) through door.[/quote] [b]Can I change my answer?[/b] Yes, as long as it's before rollover! You have to make a new post and then ping me so I know to change your answer, do not just go back and edit your post. However, if you have added a dragon, you cannot remove it again, even if it's before rollover. [b]What if all of my dragons are eliminated?[/b] Not to worry! You're still in the game. Just enter more dragons and keep going. [b]What if I have more questions?[/b] Just ping me and ask, I'll get back to you as soon as I can!
Oy4wmw8.png

When will the game begin?

The game begins on the first day of Mistral Jamboree on Sunday, and will end on the last day, on Saturday.

How long do I have to sign up?

Signups close at rollover on the first day of Mistral Jamboree

How do I sign up?

Just post here, ping me, and submit however many dragons you want to play in the game. They must be your own dragons. Minimum one, maximum five. Pro tip: Once you've signed up, you can always submit more dragons as long as you don't exceed five dragons currently in the game. So if you fill up all five slots before the game even begins, you won't have any space for other dragons you may want/need to add!
Form wrote:
@thefrayna
Username:
Dragons you're entering: (Paste BBC embed codes here)

How does the game work?

Every day there will be a new quote. The quote hints at the answer to the riddle. The answer to the riddle is a trait that a dragon must have to open the door. Every day each of your dragons must choose to either attempt to open the door, or follow another dragon, who has chosen to open the door. If the dragon opening the door is successful, they and everyone following them go on to the next round. Anyone else is eliminated. So if you think you've figured out the dragon, but you don't have a dragon in-game with that trait, but you do have one in your lair, you can submit that dragon and play it straight away, as long as you haven't filled your five-dragon quota!

This sounds like a game that requires some commitment

Yes, it is. If you don't post one day, all your dragons will be wiped from the game, and if you don't post for two days running you will be removed from the game. I understand that not everyone can come online every day, but if you are one of those people, perhaps this game is not for you. We have plenty of other games, I'm sure there will be something that suits you better.

What if I missed two days for a really good reason that I could not have predicted?

If you want to be added back to the game, just send me a PM explaining the situation, I'm really nice, I promise. I don't want to remove people, it's just to clear out inactive players so the data is easier to handle. So if you want back in I'll do my best to help you.

Can my dragons follow someone else's dragon?

Yes. Discussion between players is encouraged. Imagine if you have five dragons in-game. Here is what your post might look like.
Quote:
Dragon #1: Tries to open door.
Dragon #2: Tries to open door.
Dragon #3: Follows Dragon #2 through door.
Dragon #4: Follows Dragon #1 through door.
Dragon #5: Follows @ (username)'s dragon (dragon's name) through door.

Can I change my answer?

Yes, as long as it's before rollover! You have to make a new post and then ping me so I know to change your answer, do not just go back and edit your post. However, if you have added a dragon, you cannot remove it again, even if it's before rollover.

What if all of my dragons are eliminated?

Not to worry! You're still in the game. Just enter more dragons and keep going.

What if I have more questions?

Just ping me and ask, I'll get back to you as soon as I can!
[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/GstHROC.png[/img][/center] [img]http://i.imgur.com/psR9lCv.png[/img] You again find yourself outdoors, this time on a garden path. Again there is a sweet scent, but it is not overpowering like it was before, but instead is light and refreshing. This is it, the final door, the final clue. Although you are eager to get out and win the game, you find yourself lingering in this beautiful place, admiring the huge and brightly coloured flowers. They look so real, even though you know they’re probably not. Slowly as you can, you stroll towards the end of the path. It’s blocked by a huge iron wrought gate, and beyond it you can see the crowds milling around, enjoying the rest of the carnival. There is a handwritten sign swinging from the latch. [i]“Where you tend a rose, my lad, a thistle cannot grow.” ~Francis Hodgson Burnett[/i]
GstHROC.png

psR9lCv.png

You again find yourself outdoors, this time on a garden path. Again there is a sweet scent, but it is not overpowering like it was before, but instead is light and refreshing. This is it, the final door, the final clue. Although you are eager to get out and win the game, you find yourself lingering in this beautiful place, admiring the huge and brightly coloured flowers. They look so real, even though you know they’re probably not. Slowly as you can, you stroll towards the end of the path. It’s blocked by a huge iron wrought gate, and beyond it you can see the crowds milling around, enjoying the rest of the carnival. There is a handwritten sign swinging from the latch.

“Where you tend a rose, my lad, a thistle cannot grow.”

~Francis Hodgson Burnett

[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/XhwHTNb.png[/img][/center] [center][img]http://i.imgur.com/1f61Ig0.png[/img][/center] The room you find yourself in is warm and crowded, but the upshot of there being so many dragons in the small space is that the room isn’t really dark at all. Once you manage to fight your way to the door, you can clearly see the inscription written on it, although you would have been able to see it anyway, because it is written in a bright, glowing ink. [i]“And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places.” ~Roald Dahl[/i] [img]http://i.imgur.com/BtRZCsS.png[/img] The next room is done up beautifully, by someone very skilled in magic. As you pass through the door, you find yourself walking along a darkened forest path. Above you, starlight shines through the leaves. The night is cold and clear. Looking behind you, all the dragons coming through the door behind you now appear as though they are walking up along the path. A very skilled bit of magic, indeed. You follow the path, and after a bit of walking you find it blocked by a towering tree. There is a door carved into it, and a wooden sign nailed above it with a dire warning splashed across it in bright red paint. [i]“The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease forever to be able to do it.” ~J. M. Barrie[/i] [img]http://i.imgur.com/anK5FIX.png[/img] This next room is a sudden change from the cool openness of the forest. It is stiflingly warm, and all the dragons who have been playing with you all along are cramped together in the small space. It is hard to walk, not only because of the crowd, but also because of the soft, shifting sand beneath your feet. As you step, your hindlegs sink past your ankle into the sand. Nevertheless, you struggle your way to the next door. It is made of a metal of some sort, and knocking on it produces a sort of hollow ringing sound that makes your head hurt. It exudes an aura that is chillingly impersonal, featureless except for the words printed on it in in perfect, neat block letters. [i]“With great power comes great responsibility.” ~Voltaire[/i] [img]http://i.imgur.com/xmsZ3AP.png[/img] This room is done up a bit like a hatchling’s nursery. In fact, it is very similar to the nursery you were in as a hatchling. Almost identical, in fact. It’s weird. You hurry to the door, eager to leave. You don’t know what the door is made of, because it is covered in a sort of scaly leather. It’s colorful, maybe from a Serthis. A very big Serthis. There is nothing written on the door. You’re confused, until the rock in your hand speaks again, simply and without inflection. [i]“Just because an animal is large doesn’t mean it doesn’t want kindness.” ~A. A. Milne[/i] [img]http://i.imgur.com/U8MgVKv.png[/img] As you enter the next room, you take deep gulps of air, glad to finally be away from the deathly stench. The little rock in your hand, which has been silently glowing in your in your hand all this while flares brighter. All around you, you can see that the other’s dragons rocks have changed colour, a rainbow of varying shades and hues. Your own is a bright shade of lime green. The floor is a smooth, polished stone. Looking down, you can see that each step causes a pool of light to grow around you, and then fade. It matches the colour of your rock. The entire room is alight, and you can’t decide if it’s pretty or painful. Both, probably. The door is easily visible, as it is bright and flashing, cycling through an array of colours. You shade your eyes and approach it, squinting to see what is written this time. Again, there is nothing, but your rock remains silent. Slowly, you become aware of a strange, erratic beeping. - .... . .. .-. ..-. . .- - .... . .-. ... .- .-. . - --- --- -... .-. .. --. .... - --··-- - .... . .. .-. ... --- -. --. ... - --- --- ... .-- . . - .- -. -.. .-- .. .-.. -.. ·-·-·- ... - . .--. .... . -. -.- .. -. --. [img]http://i.imgur.com/fpHGCYz.png[/img] When you enter the next room, you almost turn around and leave. The smell is overpowering, sickly and sweet like rotting fruit. As you walk you hear the crunching of leaves beneath you, but it is not the crisp snap of newly fallen autumn leaves. The sound comes closer to a squelch than a crunch. Looking down, you can see that the leaves have blackened and disintegrated. Possibly they are leaves recycled from last autumn. You force down your disgust and make your way to the door, treading as lightly as possible. The door is as blackened and rotten as the rest of this room. Brushing a claw across it, part of it crumbles. The rotting scent grows stronger. However, you can see something gleaming beneath where you’d touched it. Intrigued, you quickly clear away the rest of the rot, breathing as shallowly as possible. The wood below is warm and brown, gleaming comfortingly. You find the expected words burned into the surface of the door. [i]“With the coming of spring, I am calm again.” ~Gustav Mahler[/i]
XhwHTNb.png
1f61Ig0.png

The room you find yourself in is warm and crowded, but the upshot of there being so many dragons in the small space is that the room isn’t really dark at all. Once you manage to fight your way to the door, you can clearly see the inscription written on it, although you would have been able to see it anyway, because it is written in a bright, glowing ink.

“And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places.”

~Roald Dahl

BtRZCsS.png

The next room is done up beautifully, by someone very skilled in magic. As you pass through the door, you find yourself walking along a darkened forest path. Above you, starlight shines through the leaves. The night is cold and clear. Looking behind you, all the dragons coming through the door behind you now appear as though they are walking up along the path. A very skilled bit of magic, indeed. You follow the path, and after a bit of walking you find it blocked by a towering tree. There is a door carved into it, and a wooden sign nailed above it with a dire warning splashed across it in bright red paint.

“The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease forever to be able to do it.”

~J. M. Barrie

anK5FIX.png

This next room is a sudden change from the cool openness of the forest. It is stiflingly warm, and all the dragons who have been playing with you all along are cramped together in the small space. It is hard to walk, not only because of the crowd, but also because of the soft, shifting sand beneath your feet. As you step, your hindlegs sink past your ankle into the sand. Nevertheless, you struggle your way to the next door. It is made of a metal of some sort, and knocking on it produces a sort of hollow ringing sound that makes your head hurt. It exudes an aura that is chillingly impersonal, featureless except for the words printed on it in in perfect, neat block letters.

“With great power comes great responsibility.”

~Voltaire

xmsZ3AP.png

This room is done up a bit like a hatchling’s nursery. In fact, it is very similar to the nursery you were in as a hatchling. Almost identical, in fact. It’s weird. You hurry to the door, eager to leave. You don’t know what the door is made of, because it is covered in a sort of scaly leather. It’s colorful, maybe from a Serthis. A very big Serthis. There is nothing written on the door. You’re confused, until the rock in your hand speaks again, simply and without inflection.

“Just because an animal is large doesn’t mean it doesn’t want kindness.”

~A. A. Milne

U8MgVKv.png

As you enter the next room, you take deep gulps of air, glad to finally be away from the deathly stench. The little rock in your hand, which has been silently glowing in your in your hand all this while flares brighter. All around you, you can see that the other’s dragons rocks have changed colour, a rainbow of varying shades and hues. Your own is a bright shade of lime green. The floor is a smooth, polished stone. Looking down, you can see that each step causes a pool of light to grow around you, and then fade. It matches the colour of your rock. The entire room is alight, and you can’t decide if it’s pretty or painful. Both, probably. The door is easily visible, as it is bright and flashing, cycling through an array of colours. You shade your eyes and approach it, squinting to see what is written this time. Again, there is nothing, but your rock remains silent. Slowly, you become aware of a strange, erratic beeping.

- .... . .. .-. ..-. . .- - .... . .-. ... .- .-. . - --- --- -... .-. .. --. .... - --··-- - .... . .. .-. ... --- -. --. ... - --- --- ... .-- . . - .- -. -.. .-- .. .-.. -.. ·-·-·- ... - . .--. .... . -. -.- .. -. --.

fpHGCYz.png

When you enter the next room, you almost turn around and leave. The smell is overpowering, sickly and sweet like rotting fruit. As you walk you hear the crunching of leaves beneath you, but it is not the crisp snap of newly fallen autumn leaves. The sound comes closer to a squelch than a crunch. Looking down, you can see that the leaves have blackened and disintegrated. Possibly they are leaves recycled from last autumn. You force down your disgust and make your way to the door, treading as lightly as possible. The door is as blackened and rotten as the rest of this room. Brushing a claw across it, part of it crumbles. The rotting scent grows stronger. However, you can see something gleaming beneath where you’d touched it. Intrigued, you quickly clear away the rest of the rot, breathing as shallowly as possible. The wood below is warm and brown, gleaming comfortingly. You find the expected words burned into the surface of the door.

“With the coming of spring, I am calm again.”

~Gustav Mahler

[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/1mpEBH8.png[/img][/center] [quote name="Pinglist"] @acheronta @Ambrose @Arkellon @Aspyria @beautifulglitter @Beheaded @burningtyger @Chocoli @cut1epi3 @deztora @Draginraptor @Eialyne @Elysadie @Fabro @FallowsThorn @FunwithaPorpoise @Helianthe @Husker @Icedust1 @ItsSnowWonder @JadeBird @Kvon @Leopardmask @LilacDreams @LordMalak @Meltan @Mitsuara @Moonpelt @Oricole @PinkyPearl @Pinnithin @RandomShmoe @sarasnake99 @Sinha27 @Stanari @StarriannaFlare @StormDragon21 @Syncogon @Tariala @Wolddotat2 @Wonderlast @Wymetz [/quote]
1mpEBH8.png
[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/VhRcIrF.png[/img] @skyarising for doing the banners, and for being so nice about all my last minute requests. Without her this game would look much less pretty. @missingno for giving tips on how to organise the game My guinea pigs @rhubarbcobbler @DragonDawn @WestWindSentinel @GentleHeart who made sure the game was playable and gave feedback. @Rythen for allowing me to use tickets for their raffle as prizes. And finally @Toothless for being a wonderfully organised and encouraging lead organiser.
VhRcIrF.png

@skyarising for doing the banners, and for being so nice about all my last minute requests. Without her this game would look much less pretty.

@missingno for giving tips on how to organise the game

My guinea pigs @rhubarbcobbler @DragonDawn @WestWindSentinel @GentleHeart who made sure the game was playable and gave feedback.

@Rythen for allowing me to use tickets for their raffle as prizes.

And finally @Toothless for being a wonderfully organised and encouraging lead organiser.
One more just in case
One more just in case
Aand we're open!
Aand we're open!
@marchhare - Will sign up once off mobile!
@marchhare - Will sign up once off mobile!
2drwvZa.png
@thefrayna Username: Mue (#54205) Dragons you're entering: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=21579806] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/215799/21579806_350.png[/img] [/url] Basil [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=20944716] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/209448/20944716_350.png[/img] [/url] Aspidiske [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=18879785] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/188798/18879785_350.png[/img] [/url] Die [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=21326360] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/213264/21326360_350.png[/img] [/url] Kodak [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=21256229] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/212563/21256229_350.png[/img] [/url] Flute
@thefrayna
Username: Mue (#54205)
Dragons you're entering:

21579806_350.png

Basil

20944716_350.png

Aspidiske

18879785_350.png

Die

21326360_350.png

Kodak

21256229_350.png