Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | Theme Week: Hazel's Haunted Hollow
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Knight [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=41001941] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/410020/41001941_350.png[/img] [/url] A dark grey ridgeback frowned, and looked back at his map. He scratched his chin thoughtfully before turning to his identical sister. “You think we’re here?” He spread his wings, and shook them slightly, letting droplets of water fly onto the dragons around him. Starsword [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=41001942] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/410020/41001942_350.png[/img] [/url] The second ridgeback, this one slightly larger than her twin, examined the trees and murky surroundings. Dipping a talon in the swamps, she raised it as if testing the wind. “I’d bet three chickens on it, bro.” Reaching into a burlap pouch on her side, her hand emerged with a strange box. She rested it onto the ground. Something inside of it rattled, which made the sky dancer accompanying her shiver. Starsword smiled. “Hey, don’t go chickening out on us, Pandora. You wanted to see Haunted Hazel too!” Pandora [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=46094407] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/460945/46094407_350.png[/img] [/url] The young, star covered sky dancer glanced around the swamps, heart beating. She huffed a cold breath, and shifted her weight to her other foot. “C-Can you hurry it up? It’s getting darker..” The two ridgebacks laughed in unison. Opening the box with gusto, Starsword exclaimed loudly. Pandora flinched before looking st the contents of the box. Inside was a wooden plank inscribed with letters of the alphabet. A metal circle sat in the center, with a glass circle in the center. in the top right and left corners were the words “Yes” and “No.” Pandora frowned, and her wings dropped. “Really? A Yujee Board?” She wrapped her wings around herself, silently wishing she had brought a coat. Starsword flared her nostrils in defiance, clutching the box cover. “It’s not [i]just[/i] a board! Don’t you know this belonged to old lady Clementine?” Pandora’s heart skipped a beat. “Not-, you can’t mean, it’s really..?” Knight nodded with an ear splitting grin. “That’s right, we borrowed it from Old Lady Clem when she wasn’t lookin! I’m sure she won’t mind though, I was gonna give it back... Eventually.” Starsword stood besides her twin protectively. “Also, everyone knows you can’t speak to ghosts without a Yujee board!” Forgetting her manners, Pandora grabbed Knight by the shoulders, shaking him violently. “She’ll kill us if she finds out you took her stuff! Not to mention half of her stuff will turn you into a frog if you touch it! Come on, let’s go home.” Shaking her off, Knight gathered up the box and board. Lifting his snout and feigning a dainty voice, he murmured, “In that case, I’d better do exactly what you say. Come along now, Starsword, lets go return everything we’ve borrowed.” Pandora smiled, “Good. It’s too cold to go ghost hunting anyways.” She paused. Both of the ridgebacks were standing still, unmoving even. “Oh come on! Stop pulling my leg like that!” Pandora whined, placing both talons on her hips. “I’m starting to regret coming here with you. Why did I even believe in that old story anyways-“ A tapping claw poked her shoulder quietly. Shaking with fear, the skydancer turned to the dragon sized corpse cleaner that stood behind her. With a yelp, Pandora charged away, splashing into mud and slime that she would normally avoid. Behind her, she heard Knight and Starsword racing behind her. “It’s chasing us!” Yelled Knight while ducking under a low hanging branch. Pandora held back a sharp remark. Despite the words bubbling in her throat, she knew better than to waste breath on an insult. She focused on trying to make out her surroundings in the dead darkness of the swamp. Everything looked the same, and her talons were already sliced from slipping on sharp rocks and thorns. “Look!” Starsword called from ahead, slowing down to a trot. “I think we’re safe!” Sure enough, the corpse cleaner seemed to have vanished. Pandora smiled, breath still shaky. She began laughing, which caused a look of worry from her companions. “You okay there, Pandora?” Knight questioned. He looked down at her feet. “You’re talons, don’t they hurt?” Pandora didn’t care. She spread her wings, and launched into the air. “That was awesome! Let’s do it again!” The ridgeback twins gave each other a worried glance. Knight whispered something to his sister, who nodded and whispered back at him. Carefully choosing his words, Knight began; “Look, me and my sis have… Thought it over, and we think it’s about time to go home. It seems like it’s too dangerous out here, and I’d rather we all go home in one piece.” After awhile, all of the dragons agreed to leave. Pandora seemed strangely reluctant, stopping to fly midair and admire the swamps before begrudgingly leaving. As the twins hurried away to return the box, Pandora couldn’t help but smile. “Now’s my chance to find out if the stories are true, without those ridgies telling the whole town!” .
Knight

41001941_350.png

A dark grey ridgeback frowned, and looked back at his map. He scratched his chin thoughtfully before turning to his identical sister.
“You think we’re here?”
He spread his wings, and shook them slightly, letting droplets of water fly onto the dragons around him.

Starsword

41001942_350.png

The second ridgeback, this one slightly larger than her twin, examined the trees and murky surroundings. Dipping a talon in the swamps, she raised it as if testing the wind.
“I’d bet three chickens on it, bro.”
Reaching into a burlap pouch on her side, her hand emerged with a strange box. She rested it onto the ground. Something inside of it rattled, which made the sky dancer accompanying her shiver.
Starsword smiled.
“Hey, don’t go chickening out on us, Pandora. You wanted to see Haunted Hazel too!”

Pandora

46094407_350.png

The young, star covered sky dancer glanced around the swamps, heart beating. She huffed a cold breath, and shifted her weight to her other foot.
“C-Can you hurry it up? It’s getting darker..”

The two ridgebacks laughed in unison. Opening the box with gusto, Starsword exclaimed loudly. Pandora flinched before looking st the contents of the box.

Inside was a wooden plank inscribed with letters of the alphabet. A metal circle sat in the center, with a glass circle in the center. in the top right and left corners were the words “Yes” and “No.”

Pandora frowned, and her wings dropped.
“Really? A Yujee Board?” She wrapped her wings around herself, silently wishing she had brought a coat.

Starsword flared her nostrils in defiance, clutching the box cover.
“It’s not just a board! Don’t you know this belonged to old lady Clementine?”

Pandora’s heart skipped a beat.
“Not-, you can’t mean, it’s really..?”

Knight nodded with an ear splitting grin.
“That’s right, we borrowed it from Old Lady Clem when she wasn’t lookin! I’m sure she won’t mind though, I was gonna give it back... Eventually.”

Starsword stood besides her twin protectively.
“Also, everyone knows you can’t speak to ghosts without a Yujee board!”

Forgetting her manners, Pandora grabbed Knight by the shoulders, shaking him violently.
“She’ll kill us if she finds out you took her stuff! Not to mention half of her stuff will turn you into a frog if you touch it! Come on, let’s go home.”

Shaking her off, Knight gathered up the box and board. Lifting his snout and feigning a dainty voice, he murmured,
“In that case, I’d better do exactly what you say. Come along now, Starsword, lets go return everything we’ve borrowed.”

Pandora smiled, “Good. It’s too cold to go ghost hunting anyways.”
She paused. Both of the ridgebacks were standing still, unmoving even.

“Oh come on! Stop pulling my leg like that!” Pandora whined, placing both talons on her hips. “I’m starting to regret coming here with you. Why did I even believe in that old story anyways-“

A tapping claw poked her shoulder quietly. Shaking with fear, the skydancer turned to the dragon sized corpse cleaner that stood behind her.

With a yelp, Pandora charged away, splashing into mud and slime that she would normally avoid. Behind her, she heard Knight and Starsword racing behind her.

“It’s chasing us!” Yelled Knight while ducking under a low hanging branch.

Pandora held back a sharp remark. Despite the words bubbling in her throat, she knew better than to waste breath on an insult. She focused on trying to make out her surroundings in the dead darkness of the swamp. Everything looked the same, and her talons were already sliced from slipping on sharp rocks and thorns.

“Look!” Starsword called from ahead, slowing down to a trot. “I think we’re safe!”

Sure enough, the corpse cleaner seemed to have vanished. Pandora smiled, breath still shaky. She began laughing, which caused a look of worry from her companions.

“You okay there, Pandora?” Knight questioned. He looked down at her feet. “You’re talons, don’t they hurt?”

Pandora didn’t care. She spread her wings, and launched into the air. “That was awesome! Let’s do it again!”

The ridgeback twins gave each other a worried glance. Knight whispered something to his sister, who nodded and whispered back at him.

Carefully choosing his words, Knight began; “Look, me and my sis have… Thought it over, and we think it’s about time to go home. It seems like it’s too dangerous out here, and I’d rather we all go home in one piece.”

After awhile, all of the dragons agreed to leave. Pandora seemed strangely reluctant, stopping to fly midair and admire the swamps before begrudgingly leaving.

As the twins hurried away to return the box, Pandora couldn’t help but smile.
“Now’s my chance to find out if the stories are true, without those ridgies telling the whole town!”

cDDSaqc.png
[right][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=46123688] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/461237/46123688_350.png[/img] [/url][/right] [left] Kardama wants to go explore the Legend because he has a true passion for legends and stories. Being a new transfer into Maudit, he also wants to prove himself as brave enough to stand with the best of them[/left] [right][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=45861643] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/458617/45861643_350.png[/img] [/url][/right] [left]Carnum is using this as an excuse to try to scavenge up some fabric scraps that might be in the woods. Also, as the oldest of the trio, she feels like she's responsible for Kardama's and Buckthorn's safety.[/left] [right][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=46128666] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/461287/46128666_350.png[/img] [/url][/right] [left]Buckthorn wants to go to see more of the territory. Being the youngest Wildclaw isn't fun when everyone calls you a scaredy cat! So he wants to prove that he's brave enough (and he wants to impress his mom and make her proud)[/left] When they heard the low chuckle, Carnum's gut reaction was to curl her long body around the two hatchlings, snarling at the darkness. But as the Bogsneak moved into the light, Kardama squealed. A shake of his head made some of the black goop that endlessly dripped from his eyes splatter onto his companion's scales. But he didn't mind as he leapt out of Carnum's binds to press his paws to Hazel's chest. "You! You're the one I've been seeing in my dreams!" The bogsneak smiled, relaxing as she lifted a hand up to pat the little ones head, "Yes little one, I'm ever so sorry about scaring you there. The goop was entirely out of my control."
Kardama wants to go explore the Legend because he has a true passion for legends and stories. Being a new transfer into Maudit, he also wants to prove himself as brave enough to stand with the best of them
Carnum is using this as an excuse to try to scavenge up some fabric scraps that might be in the woods. Also, as the oldest of the trio, she feels like she's responsible for Kardama's and Buckthorn's safety.
Buckthorn wants to go to see more of the territory. Being the youngest Wildclaw isn't fun when everyone calls you a scaredy cat! So he wants to prove that he's brave enough (and he wants to impress his mom and make her proud)

When they heard the low chuckle, Carnum's gut reaction was to curl her long body around the two hatchlings, snarling at the darkness. But as the Bogsneak moved into the light, Kardama squealed. A shake of his head made some of the black goop that endlessly dripped from his eyes splatter onto his companion's scales. But he didn't mind as he leapt out of Carnum's binds to press his paws to Hazel's chest. "You! You're the one I've been seeing in my dreams!"

The bogsneak smiled, relaxing as she lifted a hand up to pat the little ones head, "Yes little one, I'm ever so sorry about scaring you there. The goop was entirely out of my control."
ff_sig_100x500.png
[center][font=gabriola][size=7][b][u]Lavender[/center][/font][/size][/b][/u] [center][font=gabriola][size=5][b]"We're going to regret this."[/center][/font][/size][/b] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=20984356] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/209844/20984356_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] [center][font=gabriola][size=5][b]Lavender, a squeamish young Light girl with more fears than she has runes on her body. She's usually the one being pulled around by her two friends, whether it's to an ice cream shop, or the lair of a mysterious lady. But, when push comes to shove and something happens, she's far more ready to face anything which happens to them.[/center][/font][/size][/b] [rule] [center][font=gabriola][size=7][b][u]Bellatrix[/center][/font][/size][/b][/u] [center][font=gabriola][size=5][b]"Can I touch it?"[/center][/font][/size][/b] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=46181803] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/461819/46181803_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] [center][font=gabriola][size=5][b]If she didn't have the group, she'd probably go alone. Adoptive daughter the Director of Magic within the clan, as well as the Arcane representative, the small Starchild always enjoyed following her parents' footsteps in terms of pursuing strange, dangerous things. Luckily, she has two friends to back her up, even if only one of them will advise her to stop.[/center][/font][/size][/b] [rule] [center][font=gabriola][size=7][b][u]Sidivin[/center][/font][/size][/b][/u] [center][font=gabriola][size=5][b]"I bet my favorite tadhop beanie you won't run into the forest and touch that rock!"[/center][/font] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=45489658] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/454897/45489658_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] [center][font=gabriola][size=5][b]With a fire in his heart as brilliant as the one in his eyes, Sidi had always been an adventurous child. Causing trouble in the orphanage was his favorite pass time (outside of his stuffed animal collections, not that he had those). If Trixie was the one to have an idea of searching for something, he'd be the one who dared everyone else to go with. Sadly for Lavender, this time it was her.[/center][/font][/size][/b] [rule] [center][font=gabriola][size=3]One day, Lavender would find a way out of her friends' ridiculous ideas. Normally it was a bit annoying... sneaking into the magic University, playing with the reactor which protected the Enchanter's district... they were all bad ideas, but this took the cake. Bellatrix, daughter of two of the strongest Arcane mages in the clan, overheard her parents discussing some "witch" named Hazel. Of course, Bella then had to steal the book about the witch's hollow from her parents, which just happened to contain a map. "Oh, come on!" She had said when Lavender objected. "The trip won't take [i]that[/i] long!" "We've never even left the clan before, Trix. Just because [i]your[/i] parents wouldn't object, doesn't mean my father won't!" The spat between the two girls would have lasted longer, had Sidivin not grabbed Lavender's bag and sped off in the direction the map said. "You... you!" She shrieked and followed him, although she swore she could here Bellatrix cackling in the background. - - - - - - - - - By the time Lavender managed to catch up with him, Sidivin had already gotten past the city guards and was quite the distance from the walls. "You jerk!" She squeaked, attempting to snatch her bag back. Sidivin of course, just laughed and moved the bag farther away. "Nuh uh, princess. Not till we get to the Hollow." He tied the bag around him so it couldn't be taken. "I'm not going, Vin." She stated, glaring. "Sure you aren't, but you aren't getting this back either. Besides, how would you explain this to the guards when you get back? We both know without Trixie or I, you'd never get back in." His grin widened, he could see his victory in her faltering sneer. "Well-- uh--" she tried to think of an answer, but was cut off by Bellatrix yelling from ahead. "IF YOU TWO LOVEBIRDS ARE DONE OVER THERE, WE HAVE A WITCH TO FIND!" Lavender felt her cheeks heat up and ran toward her friend's direction, with Sidi laughing in the background. - - - - - - - - - Bellatrix saw them first. Eyes. She almost couldn't hold back her giggle from delight. She actually found Hazel. Just wait until her parents found out, they'd want to know everything about the woman. She was about to point them about, but decided against it last minute. It'd scare Lavender a bit, but the real problem was Sidivin. As confident as he pretended to be, if he knew they were being watched, he'd be the first to run. "You know," Bellatrix began with a mischievous grin, "since the witch [i]clearly[/i] isn't here, we could always poke around. See what she has." Bellatrix knew for a fact that her parents had everything the old woman would have, but that's not what she wanted, her goal was to get the witch out of hiding. "I..." she heard Sidivin swallow. "Yes! We should. Uh. You go first!" Bella held back a chuckle. "We both know this isn't a good idea, Trix." Lavender warned. Bellatrix shook her head, "I've no idea what you mean!" she then proceeded to pick up a flask which was lying on the ground, filled with a strange, thick substance. "I dare you to drink it!" Sidivin laughed, although his voice was weak, obviously using the dare to hide how terrified he was. Bellatrix simply turned the flask over, letting its contents splash onto the ground. "Trix!" Lavender called, before slamming her hand over her mouth. Trixie rolled her eyes, then nodded at the ground. Where there was originally a puddle, grew a deep red rose. A small gasp sounded from behind her, but it quickly went silent. The rose kept changing. Huge thorns began growing around it. "What is that?!" Sidivin asked, taking a few steps back. "It seems like a nature tonic, Mother worked on a few with some of the Clan's Nature members... but... there's something else... something more..." [i]"That's enough... you've already made.... such a mess..."[/i] a voice sounded in Bellatrix's head. Shivers went down the girl's spine from both excitement and fear. Her plan was working. "Trixie, what's wrong?" Lavender asked, eyes narrowed. "Oh nothing, just a bit of residue from the flask in the air, I suppose." [i]"You're lying... why don't you... tell them about me..."[/i] Bellatrix wanted to, she did, but she knew that if the others got scared away now, she'd certainly not get to see Hazel. She pretended to look at an object, while keeping an eye out for any-- There it was. Movement. She scanned the direction it was going. She couldn't see the figure from before, but what she did see was a small opening... a tunnel, perhaps? She looked back at her companions and beckoned them forward. [i]"Careful dearie you-- no, get off my robe you-- *cough* careful dearie, you don't know what's in there."[/i] Like that was going to stop her. - - - - - - - - - Sidivin wasn't sure this was the best idea, not that he was scared. His eyes were literal fire, after all. Darkness didn't last against him. But, there was something eerie about this place. Whether it was the skitters he heard, which were always just out of reach from the Light he created, or the large marks on the ground, as if a massive bug had run through. Okay, maybe he was a bit scared. Not that he was going to tell the girls, especially Bellatrix. What would she say if she knew he was scared? She wouldn't let him go on adventures with her anymore and he wouldn't get to see the cute little faces she made when she was focusing on something new. He wouldn't get to be there when she discovered an old magical book and laughed warmly, with her angelic voice. No, he had to remain quiet about his fears. Bellatrix could never know. But, the skittering was getting louder. [i]Click, click, click.[/i] Oh gods, this was a mistake. The now clicks seemed to be right in front of him... wait no... not in front. [i]Clickclickclickclickclick.[/i] Above. The poor fae let out a scream. Lights suddenly flashed on in the tunnel and hundreds of Cave Jewels, the cause of the light, dashed around them. The girls, thinking that's what he was afraid of, jumped onto a small nearby ledge. But, that's not what he saw. And the issue was, now what he saw was right behind them. It was grotesque creature with a pair of white horns and far too many legs. It looked down on them from the above ceiling. [i]Click, click, click.[/i] And it fell. Not on them, but beside them. Bellatrix laughed. Lavender paled. "Wh-what's that?" Lavender asked, ducking behind Bella. "That would be a Corpse Cleaner, dear." A woman walked out from deeper in the tunnel. Green glowing eyes stared at them. "A better question would be, what are [i]you[/b] doing here?" Lavender swallowed, then seemed to take a breath. Sidivin swore he could see a small runic tattoo on her wrist start to glow, as if she was about to cast a spell. "We were just leaving." Lavender said, trying to keep her voice steady. [i]Clickclickclick click click.[/i] The sound of the creature clearly unnerved her, but she held her resolve. She definitely didn't need any help, which was why Sidivin wasn't saying anything. Obviously. "Leaving? But--" "Your friends right, Miss. Unless you'd like a... tour?" Bellatrix nodded, not noticing the creature behind her get a bit closer. The witch's hand started to glow. "I was thinking you could teach me something?" Trixie asked. "Oh, I do love teaching." Hazel smirked. "But I have other things in mind." "Like wha--" A flash of brilliant purple light blinded them and the three teens heard a familiar voice yelling. "Get out of there! I'm summoning you back home!" It was Bella's mother, Amethyst. The dragons could feel as their very beings were pulled through space and time. And then it stopped. They opened their eyes and in front of them, back in Ammerasu, stood... three very angry parents and the leader of the Orphanage. "I'm guessing you don't want to hear about the trip?" Bellatrix asked. - - - - - - - - - The light died down in the tunnel and Hazel let out a sigh. "It'll have to be next year, I guess." She pulled a bag off of her belt and reached in, grabbing a piece of homemade candy. "I really did want to let them try my homemade caramels. But, no one ever seems to make it past the trick, to get the treat!" The Corpse Cleaner clicked in agreement. - - - - - - - - -
Lavender
"We're going to regret this."
Lavender, a squeamish young Light girl with more fears than she has runes on her body. She's usually the one being pulled around by her two friends, whether it's to an ice cream shop, or the lair of a mysterious lady. But, when push comes to shove and something happens, she's far more ready to face anything which happens to them.

Bellatrix
"Can I touch it?"
If she didn't have the group, she'd probably go alone. Adoptive daughter the Director of Magic within the clan, as well as the Arcane representative, the small Starchild always enjoyed following her parents' footsteps in terms of pursuing strange, dangerous things. Luckily, she has two friends to back her up, even if only one of them will advise her to stop.

Sidivin
"I bet my favorite tadhop beanie you won't run into the forest and touch that rock!"
With a fire in his heart as brilliant as the one in his eyes, Sidi had always been an adventurous child. Causing trouble in the orphanage was his favorite pass time (outside of his stuffed animal collections, not that he had those). If Trixie was the one to have an idea of searching for something, he'd be the one who dared everyone else to go with. Sadly for Lavender, this time it was her.

One day, Lavender would find a way out of her friends' ridiculous ideas. Normally it was a bit annoying... sneaking into the magic University, playing with the reactor which protected the Enchanter's district... they were all bad ideas, but this took the cake. Bellatrix, daughter of two of the strongest Arcane mages in the clan, overheard her parents discussing some "witch" named Hazel. Of course, Bella then had to steal the book about the witch's hollow from her parents, which just happened to contain a map.

"Oh, come on!" She had said when Lavender objected. "The trip won't take that long!"

"We've never even left the clan before, Trix. Just because your parents wouldn't object, doesn't mean my father won't!"

The spat between the two girls would have lasted longer, had Sidivin not grabbed Lavender's bag and sped off in the direction the map said.

"You... you!" She shrieked and followed him, although she swore she could here Bellatrix cackling in the background.
- - - - - - - - -
By the time Lavender managed to catch up with him, Sidivin had already gotten past the city guards and was quite the distance from the walls.

"You jerk!" She squeaked, attempting to snatch her bag back.

Sidivin of course, just laughed and moved the bag farther away. "Nuh uh, princess. Not till we get to the Hollow." He tied the bag around him so it couldn't be taken.

"I'm not going, Vin." She stated, glaring.

"Sure you aren't, but you aren't getting this back either. Besides, how would you explain this to the guards when you get back? We both know without Trixie or I, you'd never get back in." His grin widened, he could see his victory in her faltering sneer.

"Well-- uh--" she tried to think of an answer, but was cut off by Bellatrix yelling from ahead.

"IF YOU TWO LOVEBIRDS ARE DONE OVER THERE, WE HAVE A WITCH TO FIND!"

Lavender felt her cheeks heat up and ran toward her friend's direction, with Sidi laughing in the background.

- - - - - - - - -
Bellatrix saw them first. Eyes. She almost couldn't hold back her giggle from delight. She actually found Hazel. Just wait until her parents found out, they'd want to know everything about the woman.

She was about to point them about, but decided against it last minute. It'd scare Lavender a bit, but the real problem was Sidivin. As confident as he pretended to be, if he knew they were being watched, he'd be the first to run.

"You know," Bellatrix began with a mischievous grin, "since the witch clearly isn't here, we could always poke around. See what she has."

Bellatrix knew for a fact that her parents had everything the old woman would have, but that's not what she wanted, her goal was to get the witch out of hiding.

"I..." she heard Sidivin swallow. "Yes! We should. Uh. You go first!" Bella held back a chuckle.

"We both know this isn't a good idea, Trix." Lavender warned.

Bellatrix shook her head, "I've no idea what you mean!" she then proceeded to pick up a flask which was lying on the ground, filled with a strange, thick substance.

"I dare you to drink it!" Sidivin laughed, although his voice was weak, obviously using the dare to hide how terrified he was.

Bellatrix simply turned the flask over, letting its contents splash onto the ground.

"Trix!" Lavender called, before slamming her hand over her mouth.

Trixie rolled her eyes, then nodded at the ground. Where there was originally a puddle, grew a deep red rose. A small gasp sounded from behind her, but it quickly went silent. The rose kept changing. Huge thorns began growing around it.

"What is that?!" Sidivin asked, taking a few steps back.

"It seems like a nature tonic, Mother worked on a few with some of the Clan's Nature members... but... there's something else... something more..."

"That's enough... you've already made.... such a mess..." a voice sounded in Bellatrix's head. Shivers went down the girl's spine from both excitement and fear. Her plan was working.

"Trixie, what's wrong?" Lavender asked, eyes narrowed.

"Oh nothing, just a bit of residue from the flask in the air, I suppose."

"You're lying... why don't you... tell them about me..."

Bellatrix wanted to, she did, but she knew that if the others got scared away now, she'd certainly not get to see Hazel. She pretended to look at an object, while keeping an eye out for any--

There it was. Movement. She scanned the direction it was going. She couldn't see the figure from before, but what she did see was a small opening... a tunnel, perhaps? She looked back at her companions and beckoned them forward.

"Careful dearie you-- no, get off my robe you-- *cough* careful dearie, you don't know what's in there."

Like that was going to stop her.
- - - - - - - - -
Sidivin wasn't sure this was the best idea, not that he was scared. His eyes were literal fire, after all. Darkness didn't last against him. But, there was something eerie about this place. Whether it was the skitters he heard, which were always just out of reach from the Light he created, or the large marks on the ground, as if a massive bug had run through.

Okay, maybe he was a bit scared. Not that he was going to tell the girls, especially Bellatrix. What would she say if she knew he was scared? She wouldn't let him go on adventures with her anymore and he wouldn't get to see the cute little faces she made when she was focusing on something new. He wouldn't get to be there when she discovered an old magical book and laughed warmly, with her angelic voice.

No, he had to remain quiet about his fears. Bellatrix could never know.

But, the skittering was getting louder.

Click, click, click.

Oh gods, this was a mistake.

The now clicks seemed to be right in front of him... wait no... not in front.

Clickclickclickclickclick.

Above.

The poor fae let out a scream.

Lights suddenly flashed on in the tunnel and hundreds of Cave Jewels, the cause of the light, dashed around them. The girls, thinking that's what he was afraid of, jumped onto a small nearby ledge. But, that's not what he saw. And the issue was, now what he saw was right behind them. It was grotesque creature with a pair of white horns and far too many legs. It looked down on them from the above ceiling.

Click, click, click.

And it fell. Not on them, but beside them. Bellatrix laughed. Lavender paled.

"Wh-what's that?" Lavender asked, ducking behind Bella.

"That would be a Corpse Cleaner, dear." A woman walked out from deeper in the tunnel. Green glowing eyes stared at them. "A better question would be, what are you doing here?"

Lavender swallowed, then seemed to take a breath. Sidivin swore he could see a small runic tattoo on her wrist start to glow, as if she was about to cast a spell.

"We were just leaving." Lavender said, trying to keep her voice steady.

Clickclickclick click click.

The sound of the creature clearly unnerved her, but she held her resolve. She definitely didn't need any help, which was why Sidivin wasn't saying anything. Obviously.

"Leaving? But--"

"Your friends right, Miss. Unless you'd like a... tour?"

Bellatrix nodded, not noticing the creature behind her get a bit closer. The witch's hand started to glow.

"I was thinking you could teach me something?" Trixie asked.

"Oh, I do love teaching." Hazel smirked. "But I have other things in mind."

"Like wha--" A flash of brilliant purple light blinded them and the three teens heard a familiar voice yelling.

"Get out of there! I'm summoning you back home!" It was Bella's mother, Amethyst. The dragons could feel as their very beings were pulled through space and time. And then it stopped. They opened their eyes and in front of them, back in Ammerasu, stood... three very angry parents and the leader of the Orphanage.

"I'm guessing you don't want to hear about the trip?" Bellatrix asked.
- - - - - - - - -
The light died down in the tunnel and Hazel let out a sigh.

"It'll have to be next year, I guess."

She pulled a bag off of her belt and reached in, grabbing a piece of homemade candy. "I really did want to let them try my homemade caramels. But, no one ever seems to make it past the trick, to get the treat!"

The Corpse Cleaner clicked in agreement.
- - - - - - - - -
vUDNnC1.gif02_bagel_spz_pacificautumn.gifWjzzprl.gif
[img]fuky5eg.gif[/img]
[img]nXAzYie.gif[/img]
[img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/441264/44126392_350.png[/img] Abby the witch [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/438402/43840146_350.png[/img] Virgil Sanders [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/439551/43955062_350.png[/img] Progic Sanders
44126392_350.png

Abby the witch

43840146_350.png

Virgil Sanders

43955062_350.png

Progic Sanders
Mfdpia3.pngA1ondHN.pngjkL0nc2.pngtehAJ0K.png4Y7UTtI.png25JQOyr.png5Pvzltj.pngTJdobYa.pngBMbExDU.png5so7rJg.png2AsHzUJ.png0nIARi4.pngFExRmVK.png1nxsvgf.pngT2nbrk6.pngZ2Gz7Us.pngnYTTDv6.pngpmCmV6u.pngMfdpia3.pngnmIyF7B.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=23650695][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/236507/23650695_350.png[/img][/url] Keziah, who's always cheerful and optimistic, even when staring danger in the face. She tries to make friends with everything and everyone, positive that any problem can be solved with kindness. She's the one who decided to look for Hazel, believing that the old Bogsneak just needs a friend. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=34424408][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/344245/34424408_350.png[/img][/url] Campfire, a close friend of Keziah's brother, Eryhid. When Eryhid decided to go serve the Windsinger, Campfire promised to look after his recklessly selfless sister. He often finds himself chasing after Keziah, trying to make sure she doesn't get herself killed by trying to befriend the wrong creatures. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=38811509][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/388116/38811509_350.png[/img][/url] Zubenelgenubi (aka "Nubi" or "Lil' Z") is good friends with Keziah. It seems this time her curiosity overruled her anxiety, as she chose to tag along. She just wants to see if Hazel is real or not, and not knowing is making her uneasy. Luckily for her, Gaia found an herb that helps with her anxiety, so while she's still nervous and jumpy, she's nowhere near as anxious as she could be. (TBC)
23650695_350.png
Keziah, who's always cheerful and optimistic, even when staring danger in the face. She tries to make friends with everything and everyone, positive that any problem can be solved with kindness. She's the one who decided to look for Hazel, believing that the old Bogsneak just needs a friend.

34424408_350.png
Campfire, a close friend of Keziah's brother, Eryhid. When Eryhid decided to go serve the Windsinger, Campfire promised to look after his recklessly selfless sister. He often finds himself chasing after Keziah, trying to make sure she doesn't get herself killed by trying to befriend the wrong creatures.

38811509_350.png
Zubenelgenubi (aka "Nubi" or "Lil' Z") is good friends with Keziah. It seems this time her curiosity overruled her anxiety, as she chose to tag along. She just wants to see if Hazel is real or not, and not knowing is making her uneasy. Luckily for her, Gaia found an herb that helps with her anxiety, so while she's still nervous and jumpy, she's nowhere near as anxious as she could be.

(TBC)
jWAyGvS.jpg
Save Sornieth's Birds
rsz-612abf105149ce0d4a915a64bc527a9d.pngdNi7kr2.jpg 34e440a48f4368b81567270219f7e54142d18a63_128.gif
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=32861258] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/328613/32861258_350.png[/img] [/url] Evenus: Of the three friends, Evenus tends to take the role of leader. Although he’s not the smartest, he makes up for it in bravery, as well as (rather unfortunately) stubbornness. When Estuary proposed they go to find this ‘Hazel’, Evenus was a little unsure, but he didn’t want to show fear so he agreed to tag along with his best friend and sister. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=33730279] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/337303/33730279_350.png[/img] [/url] Estuary:The snarky, irritable and sly one of the group, Estuary delights in playing pranks on others. At the sound of the legend, he immediately decided he and his best friend Evenus, as well as his mate May should check it out. Estuary is hoping to perhaps find a dragon trickster like him, or at least play a good prank on the others in his group. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=33030338] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/330304/33030338_350.png[/img] [/url] May: The youngest of the three, May is also the smartest. She’s rather happy-go-lucky and is willing to do just about anything for her mate Estuary or her brother Evenus. The moment Estuary mentioned going to find Hazel, May was convinced it was a bad idea, but seeing both her brother and mate agreeing to go, May being as loyal as she is, agreed to come along. The trio of dragons trudged through the woods, the wind howling around them, shaking the trees. May struggled to cover her smaller companions with her wings, hoping to save them from the brunt of the wind. Estuary, however, simply huffed and marched forward, seemingly unaffected by the whirling winds. “Hey, man! Slow down!” Evenus called, flattening his ears as he and his sister struggled to keep up with the determined Skydancer. “We don’t have time.” Estuary growled, his thick accented voice barely audible over the groaning trees around them, and the screaming wind racing by. “Estuary, honey, couldn’t we just go another night? Tonight really doesn’t seem like-” May began, before Estuary turned around, looking mildly annoyed. “Look, we’re almost there, alright. Just a little farther.” He huffed, before looking at May’s concerned face and stepping forward to hold one of May’s talons in his own and looking up at her. [i]“Please?”[/i] Estuary pleaded, knowing she would very well agree as soon as he said that word. May nodded slowly, and looked to Evenus. “I’m not going anywhere. It’s insane to go any further in this wind.” He huffed. May looked to Estuary, who shrugged and started walking again. May looked down at her older brother and gave him an encouraging nudge with her tail, before going to follow Estuary. Evenus however, just stayed in place, as his sister and best friend wandered off into the woods. He stood there for a solid minute, until a skittering in the trees, and the eerie wind howls, sent him skidding through leaf debris and back to his friends. After managing to battle the windstorm for just a little longer, the trio managed to make it to a clearing. A pond glittered ahead, the surface seemingly unaltered despite the driving wind. The once starlit night sky was steadily being clouded over, and thunder boomed overhead, heralding a coming storm. May glanced around nervously, and Evenus noticed her discomfort. “Hey, sis, we’ll be fine. If anything comes for us, I’ll use my powers if I have to.” he reassured his sister. “Plus, we have mister full of himself over here, who can totally protect us.” Evenus laughed, pointing to Estuary. May got a chuckle out of this, as the pair glanced over to the stoic form of Estuary scanning the clearing, either looking for any sign of Hazel, or trying to figure out a good place to set up his next prank. “Get over here you two, I think I’ve found something!” Estuary huffed from across the clearing, his feathers fluffing up. The siblings raced over to his side, and followed his gaze to where the trees parted revealing a tumbled together pile of rocks that formed a cave, much like the ones that they had back in their own clan. “She must be in here.” Estuary informed them, before heading in without any further discussion. Evenus and May glanced at each other, the siblings silently regretting their decision to bring Estuary along. Thunder roared ahead once more, and with it came a flash of lightning as the wind picked up again. “I really don’t wanna be outside for this storm.” Evenus sighed, shuffling a little closer to the cave entrance. “Yeah. Plus Estuary might need our help, right?” May reasoned, looking into the dark tentatively. “Right.” Evenus agreed, before the siblings headed into the cave after their companion. Estuary looked back, and was startled to see that both his mate and good friend weren’t with him. “Crap.” He snarled, looking around. Something vaguely brushed past his leg and he startled back, glancing around. “Hey! Whoever that was better come out here. Evenus, May? Was that you?” He growled, opening his wings slightly as he desperately tried to see through the gloom of the cave to no avail. He heard no response and grew increasingly concerned. Something jabbed at his leg, and Estuary lept back, releasing what he thought was a very manly yelp, but to any other dragon probably sounded like the scream of a pocketmouse. “Hey, I know I’ve played many pranks on you, but c’mon I was actually looking forward to this, guys.” He huffed, continuing to glance around. Then he heard skittering. Quiet, very un-dragonlike skittering that seemed to be coming from the [i]ceiling[/i]. He gave another ‘manly yelp’ before charging down through the cave, further down towards whatever awaited him ahead. Unbeknownst to him, a pair of glowing eyes watched from the shadows, and shone in amusement at the Skydancer’s undeniable fear. Evenus and May trudged down the odd corridor the cave seemingly formed. It was pitch black, and the siblings stayed close as to not lose one another in the inky blackness that surrounded them. “Estuary! Estuary!?” May called, growing increasingly frantic. Evenus lay a talon on his sister’s shoulder, in an attempt to calm him. “Hey, he’ll be fine alright?” Evenus reassured her, but he could tell by how tense she was that his words hadn’t done a thing. Somewhere down the corridor a scream emanated, and May ducked her head, glancing around. “Estuary?” She tried again, once again not receiving a response. A vague skittering caught May’s attention and she flicked Evenus with her tail, making him stop in his tracks. “What is-” He began, before being swiftly shushed by May. Evenus quieted down, straining to hear anything, and was startled to hear a skittering to his right. Before he could bolt away, his sister snatched his arm, stopping him in his tracks. “Over four limbs, quickly moving, indicating an insectoid of some sort…” She muttered, continuing to scan the area. As her eyes slowly but surely began to adjust to the shadowy scene around her, a long snake-like creature took form. Evenus still seemed to be in a panic, and so his eyes were still struggling to adjust. May however, in her calm, stared at the Corpse Cleaner seemingly snickering ahead of her. “Hey!” She huffed at the centipede creature. “It’s not funny! We’re coming in here to come and help our friend, and you’re trying to scare us? That’s not very nice.” She growled, and the Corpse Cleaner, who stopped it’s chatter immediately. May wasn’t sure if it understood, but it seemingly got the idea, and skittered off. “Hey wait! Do you know where Estuary is? Skydancer, about this tall, and really skinny and grumpy?” She called out to the creature, desperate for any response. Unfortunately, it was already long gone. Estuary charged forward with little to no regard to his surroundings. Around him, the cave lit up green, causing him to go sliding to a stop, looking around in surprise. Suddenly, the lights began to frantically flash, causing him to stumble backwards in alarm, straight over a small ledge and into a room of some sort. Tumbling rather ungracefully into the room, the young Skydancer struggled back onto his feet, mildly bruised and quite shaken up. Ahead, perched at a cauldron of sorts, sat a Bogsneak grinning widely, her glowing green eyes bright as she looked Estuary over. “Hazel.” Estuary gasped, trying to compose himself as he steadied his feet on the floor. Evenus and May made their way through the cave steadily, encountering various other trickster creatures varying from Aer Phantoms to Spectral Duskflappers all out to spook the siblings. Forging through, the pair finally reached an area where the walls glowed bright green. Emerald Cave Jewels lined the walls, and May was just about to point this out to her brother, when rather suddenly, the lights began flashing. Evenus gave a loud cry and scampered forward, a disoriented May on his tail as they tripped into the chamber at the end of the cave. Spots fading from her eyes, May was startled to see Estuary and a strange Bogsneak very simply sitting at a table, a pot of tea alongside two cups set on it. The duo were staring at them, and very suddenly both began to laugh. “You should’ve heard yourself Evenus, you were so scared!” Estuary guffawed to his friend, and looked over to May, who was getting to her feet, looking very unhappy. Estuary was quick to quell his laughter at the sight of his angry mate’s glare. “May sweetie, I’m sorry, but-” He started, quickly trying to amend for his disappearance and laughter. “Do you have any idea how worried we were!?” May snarled, before pulling her mate into a hug. Estuary was startled at first, but soon melted into the embrace. Evenus still lay stunned on the floor, sprawled out and trying to comprehend what he’d just experienced. As May and Estuary broke apart, May looked over to the Bogsneak, who simply tipped her hat to the group. “Oh!” Estuary exclaimed, dancing excitedly over to the table with the Bogsneak, before taking a sip of tea from one of the cups. “May, Evenus, I’d like you to meet Hazel.”

32861258_350.png

Evenus: Of the three friends, Evenus tends to take the role of leader. Although he’s not the smartest, he makes up for it in bravery, as well as (rather unfortunately) stubbornness. When Estuary proposed they go to find this ‘Hazel’, Evenus was a little unsure, but he didn’t want to show fear so he agreed to tag along with his best friend and sister.

33730279_350.png

Estuary:The snarky, irritable and sly one of the group, Estuary delights in playing pranks on others. At the sound of the legend, he immediately decided he and his best friend Evenus, as well as his mate May should check it out. Estuary is hoping to perhaps find a dragon trickster like him, or at least play a good prank on the others in his group.

33030338_350.png

May: The youngest of the three, May is also the smartest. She’s rather happy-go-lucky and is willing to do just about anything for her mate Estuary or her brother Evenus. The moment Estuary mentioned going to find Hazel, May was convinced it was a bad idea, but seeing both her brother and mate agreeing to go, May being as loyal as she is, agreed to come along.

The trio of dragons trudged through the woods, the wind howling around them, shaking the trees. May struggled to cover her smaller companions with her wings, hoping to save them from the brunt of the wind. Estuary, however, simply huffed and marched forward, seemingly unaffected by the whirling winds. “Hey, man! Slow down!” Evenus called, flattening his ears as he and his sister struggled to keep up with the determined Skydancer. “We don’t have time.” Estuary growled, his thick accented voice barely audible over the groaning trees around them, and the screaming wind racing by. “Estuary, honey, couldn’t we just go another night? Tonight really doesn’t seem like-” May began, before Estuary turned around, looking mildly annoyed. “Look, we’re almost there, alright. Just a little farther.” He huffed, before looking at May’s concerned face and stepping forward to hold one of May’s talons in his own and looking up at her. “Please?” Estuary pleaded, knowing she would very well agree as soon as he said that word. May nodded slowly, and looked to Evenus. “I’m not going anywhere. It’s insane to go any further in this wind.” He huffed. May looked to Estuary, who shrugged and started walking again. May looked down at her older brother and gave him an encouraging nudge with her tail, before going to follow Estuary. Evenus however, just stayed in place, as his sister and best friend wandered off into the woods. He stood there for a solid minute, until a skittering in the trees, and the eerie wind howls, sent him skidding through leaf debris and back to his friends.

After managing to battle the windstorm for just a little longer, the trio managed to make it to a clearing. A pond glittered ahead, the surface seemingly unaltered despite the driving wind. The once starlit night sky was steadily being clouded over, and thunder boomed overhead, heralding a coming storm. May glanced around nervously, and Evenus noticed her discomfort. “Hey, sis, we’ll be fine. If anything comes for us, I’ll use my powers if I have to.” he reassured his sister. “Plus, we have mister full of himself over here, who can totally protect us.” Evenus laughed, pointing to Estuary. May got a chuckle out of this, as the pair glanced over to the stoic form of Estuary scanning the clearing, either looking for any sign of Hazel, or trying to figure out a good place to set up his next prank. “Get over here you two, I think I’ve found something!” Estuary huffed from across the clearing, his feathers fluffing up. The siblings raced over to his side, and followed his gaze to where the trees parted revealing a tumbled together pile of rocks that formed a cave, much like the ones that they had back in their own clan. “She must be in here.” Estuary informed them, before heading in without any further discussion. Evenus and May glanced at each other, the siblings silently regretting their decision to bring Estuary along. Thunder roared ahead once more, and with it came a flash of lightning as the wind picked up again. “I really don’t wanna be outside for this storm.” Evenus sighed, shuffling a little closer to the cave entrance. “Yeah. Plus Estuary might need our help, right?” May reasoned, looking into the dark tentatively. “Right.” Evenus agreed, before the siblings headed into the cave after their companion.

Estuary looked back, and was startled to see that both his mate and good friend weren’t with him. “Crap.” He snarled, looking around. Something vaguely brushed past his leg and he startled back, glancing around. “Hey! Whoever that was better come out here. Evenus, May? Was that you?” He growled, opening his wings slightly as he desperately tried to see through the gloom of the cave to no avail. He heard no response and grew increasingly concerned. Something jabbed at his leg, and Estuary lept back, releasing what he thought was a very manly yelp, but to any other dragon probably sounded like the scream of a pocketmouse. “Hey, I know I’ve played many pranks on you, but c’mon I was actually looking forward to this, guys.” He huffed, continuing to glance around. Then he heard skittering. Quiet, very un-dragonlike skittering that seemed to be coming from the ceiling. He gave another ‘manly yelp’ before charging down through the cave, further down towards whatever awaited him ahead. Unbeknownst to him, a pair of glowing eyes watched from the shadows, and shone in amusement at the Skydancer’s undeniable fear.

Evenus and May trudged down the odd corridor the cave seemingly formed. It was pitch black, and the siblings stayed close as to not lose one another in the inky blackness that surrounded them. “Estuary! Estuary!?” May called, growing increasingly frantic. Evenus lay a talon on his sister’s shoulder, in an attempt to calm him. “Hey, he’ll be fine alright?” Evenus reassured her, but he could tell by how tense she was that his words hadn’t done a thing. Somewhere down the corridor a scream emanated, and May ducked her head, glancing around. “Estuary?” She tried again, once again not receiving a response. A vague skittering caught May’s attention and she flicked Evenus with her tail, making him stop in his tracks. “What is-” He began, before being swiftly shushed by May. Evenus quieted down, straining to hear anything, and was startled to hear a skittering to his right. Before he could bolt away, his sister snatched his arm, stopping him in his tracks. “Over four limbs, quickly moving, indicating an insectoid of some sort…” She muttered, continuing to scan the area. As her eyes slowly but surely began to adjust to the shadowy scene around her, a long snake-like creature took form. Evenus still seemed to be in a panic, and so his eyes were still struggling to adjust. May however, in her calm, stared at the Corpse Cleaner seemingly snickering ahead of her. “Hey!” She huffed at the centipede creature. “It’s not funny! We’re coming in here to come and help our friend, and you’re trying to scare us? That’s not very nice.” She growled, and the Corpse Cleaner, who stopped it’s chatter immediately. May wasn’t sure if it understood, but it seemingly got the idea, and skittered off. “Hey wait! Do you know where Estuary is? Skydancer, about this tall, and really skinny and grumpy?” She called out to the creature, desperate for any response. Unfortunately, it was already long gone.

Estuary charged forward with little to no regard to his surroundings. Around him, the cave lit up green, causing him to go sliding to a stop, looking around in surprise. Suddenly, the lights began to frantically flash, causing him to stumble backwards in alarm, straight over a small ledge and into a room of some sort. Tumbling rather ungracefully into the room, the young Skydancer struggled back onto his feet, mildly bruised and quite shaken up. Ahead, perched at a cauldron of sorts, sat a Bogsneak grinning widely, her glowing green eyes bright as she looked Estuary over. “Hazel.” Estuary gasped, trying to compose himself as he steadied his feet on the floor.

Evenus and May made their way through the cave steadily, encountering various other trickster creatures varying from Aer Phantoms to Spectral Duskflappers all out to spook the siblings. Forging through, the pair finally reached an area where the walls glowed bright green. Emerald Cave Jewels lined the walls, and May was just about to point this out to her brother, when rather suddenly, the lights began flashing. Evenus gave a loud cry and scampered forward, a disoriented May on his tail as they tripped into the chamber at the end of the cave. Spots fading from her eyes, May was startled to see Estuary and a strange Bogsneak very simply sitting at a table, a pot of tea alongside two cups set on it. The duo were staring at them, and very suddenly both began to laugh. “You should’ve heard yourself Evenus, you were so scared!” Estuary guffawed to his friend, and looked over to May, who was getting to her feet, looking very unhappy. Estuary was quick to quell his laughter at the sight of his angry mate’s glare. “May sweetie, I’m sorry, but-” He started, quickly trying to amend for his disappearance and laughter. “Do you have any idea how worried we were!?” May snarled, before pulling her mate into a hug. Estuary was startled at first, but soon melted into the embrace. Evenus still lay stunned on the floor, sprawled out and trying to comprehend what he’d just experienced. As May and Estuary broke apart, May looked over to the Bogsneak, who simply tipped her hat to the group. “Oh!” Estuary exclaimed, dancing excitedly over to the table with the Bogsneak, before taking a sip of tea from one of the cups.

“May, Evenus, I’d like you to meet Hazel.”

MBjujvx.png
My dumb kids Aster, Ophi, and Rhea would probably be the teen dragons who'd try to find out the legend. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=44250809] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/442509/44250809_350.png[/img] [/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=45099987] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/451000/45099987_350.png[/img] [/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=45104394] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/451044/45104394_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] [center][font=book antiqua]"Are you suuuure this is a good idea?" Ophi looked around nervously. They were nearing the hollow, and each step brought them closer and closer to the lair of the legendary Hazel. "Didn't someone get really badly injured when they explored around here last year?" "Relax, Ophi," said Rhea, waving off his concerns. "As your older sister, I'll make sure no mean creatures hurt ya." The female mirror continued on, a grin growing on her face. Ophi wasn't convinced. "But wasn't it Hazel? Not 'mean creatures'? What if she doesn't just break a few bones this time...?" He pawed at the ground uneasily, keeping close behind her. "Nah, it was just a bunch of cave creatures, you know how dangerous it can be around here," Aster piped up. At the young mirror's look, he continued. "She's not real, Ophi. She's an urban legend. And we're gonna prove it!" He opened his wings with a [i]fwoosh[/i] to accent this declaration. "But--" "We're here!" Rhea interrupted, suddenly surging forward to approach the hollow. "Time to prove that this weird old lady doesn't exist!" The other two followed quickly after her. ---- [i]This had been a bad idea. Very bad,[/i] Ophi thought, panicked as he ran through the tunnels. They'd only barely stepped into hollow when bats, insects, [i]living fungi[/i], and other critters descended on the group, snarling and hissing and screeching and making as much noise as possible. Filled with terror, they'd all split up and quickly lost each other in the caves. He froze. Was that...a scream? He tilted his head. It sounded like...Rhea. [i]Oh heck.[/i] He quickly continued on, nearly stumbling at the low rumbling that shook the cave. That wasn't good. Ophi skidded to a stop. He heard something. "Hello?" he asked. Silence. "Rhea? Aster? Is that you?" Nothing. "This isn't funny! Aster?!" He took a step back as many Emerald Cave Jewels crowded out of a hidden passage, filling the area in front of him. Nope, not today. Shrieking in fright, the young mirror turned tail and fled. ---- Rhea looked around the corner carefully. No freaky living fungi. Just...normal fungi. She would've sighed in relief, but she was too worried about her younger brother for that. "Where is that scaredy-cat?" she muttered to herself. She shook her head, and continued on. "I can't believe we--" She shrieked in terror as she suddenly stepped off a hidden overhang, tumbling down a ways. She slammed into a wall, and laid there, dazed. "Ugh..." she groaned. The mirror unsteadily got to her feet, and shook her head. Her vision was wobbly, but she managed to stand. "Ow...heck, that hurt." Rhea glanced around, trying to place her surroundings. "Wait a minute," she said, squinting. "Is that...? It is! Light!" And so there was. Farther down the tunnel was a faint light. She started after it, eventually coming across an open cavern. In the middle was a mossy, wooden home. "Well that's not creepy," she said sarcastically, warily approaching it. "Who the heck is living so far down here?" ---- Aster was cold. And muddy. And bruised. He was most certainly not happy. The passageway was small, way to small. He could barely stretch his wings. "This sucks," the young wildclaw pouted. "I should've stayed home with Rose. I bet she's having fun with all the spooky festivities." He stepped around a corner, and stopped. Something was glowing in the darkness. Something creepy. "Oooh, pretty," he marveled. A living mushroom crept out. "Ooookay, not so pretty. Bye!" Aster bolted forward and jumped over the fungus and kept running. The ground started rumbling as more fungi emerged from the tunnel walls to chase after him. "Aw heck!" He shouted, speeding up. He was not in the mood for getting murdered by mushrooms. He tripped, and with a cry of surprise fell forward. Aster's head slammed into the ground, and he quickly covered his face, preparing for the worst. "Oh jeez...Aster?" He cracked open an eye to see a familiar mirror standing above him. "Rhea? What..?" He swiveled his head to look behind him. The mushrooms had stopped at the opening of the tunnel. He looked around in surprise at the cavern. "What the heck," he said. "Well that's a lot of mushrooms," Rhea muttered. She helped him up and they began to back way. The living fungi crawled in after them. "Rhea--" Aster was interrupted by terrified screaming, and the two dragons whipped around to see Ophi launch himself out of one of the entrances. He looked up and panicked relief spread over his face. "Guys!" he cried. He rushed over to them quickly as a hoard of Emerald Cave Jewels crowded in after him. The trio quickly backed up to the house, wondering if this would be the end. However, before the creatures could attack, a loud hissing voice spoke. "Well, well, well, I didn't think anyone would get this far..." The teenaged dragons looked up to see a black Bogsneak staring at them from the top of the house. She grinned unsettlingly. Her witch hat hid her eyes, but the three younger dragon could feel her staring right at them. "Well, my dears?" she addressed the multitude of creatures. "What do you think? What shall we do with these intruders upon the lair of the Hazel, [i]'the weird old lady.'[/i]" Rhea flinched. Hazel's voice had taken a dark tone near the end. She had apparently not liked the young mirror's earlier remark. Fungi and critter alike turned their eyes to the youngsters. The three simultaneously gulped. Rhea opened her mouth to speak, "I--" but she suddenly choked on her words. The bogsneak waved a glowing claw. "[i]Ah, ah ah![/i]" Hazel chided, as if she was a mother berating her hatchlings. "Now, now, I wasn't talking to you, was I?" She seemed to contemplate her action, tapping a claw to her chin. "Seems you've had quite the chase! But it's all come to an end now." She gave them a hard stare. "I'll give you a head start then," the bogsneak began. Around her, more creatures of the night began to emerge. A Corpse Crawler crept up over its master, clacking its jaws. When none of the three moved, she spoke in a sickeningly sweet voice, dripping with eerie malice: "Go on. [i]Run.[/i]" The teenaged dragons didn't wait another second. They took off into the tunnels, hearing the witch's awful laughter echo behind them, as the hoard began the chase. ---- Ophi found himself outside the cave network, breathing heavily. He turned to see his friends come up behind him. They'd escaped, with only minor bruises and scrapes. "Rhea, never again." "Oh come on, Ophi!" [i]~End~[/i][/center]
My dumb kids Aster, Ophi, and Rhea would probably be the teen dragons who'd try to find out the legend.
"Are you suuuure this is a good idea?" Ophi looked around nervously. They were nearing the hollow, and each step brought them closer and closer to the lair of the legendary Hazel. "Didn't someone get really badly injured when they explored around here last year?"

"Relax, Ophi," said Rhea, waving off his concerns. "As your older sister, I'll make sure no mean creatures hurt ya." The female mirror continued on, a grin growing on her face.

Ophi wasn't convinced. "But wasn't it Hazel? Not 'mean creatures'? What if she doesn't just break a few bones this time...?" He pawed at the ground uneasily, keeping close behind her.

"Nah, it was just a bunch of cave creatures, you know how dangerous it can be around here," Aster piped up. At the young mirror's look, he continued. "She's not real, Ophi. She's an urban legend. And we're gonna prove it!" He opened his wings with a fwoosh to accent this declaration.
"But--"

"We're here!" Rhea interrupted, suddenly surging forward to approach the hollow. "Time to prove that this weird old lady doesn't exist!"

The other two followed quickly after her.

----

This had been a bad idea. Very bad, Ophi thought, panicked as he ran through the tunnels. They'd only barely stepped into hollow when bats, insects, living fungi, and other critters descended on the group, snarling and hissing and screeching and making as much noise as possible. Filled with terror, they'd all split up and quickly lost each other in the caves.

He froze. Was that...a scream? He tilted his head. It sounded like...Rhea. Oh heck. He quickly continued on, nearly stumbling at the low rumbling that shook the cave. That wasn't good.

Ophi skidded to a stop. He heard something.

"Hello?" he asked. Silence. "Rhea? Aster? Is that you?" Nothing. "This isn't funny! Aster?!"

He took a step back as many Emerald Cave Jewels crowded out of a hidden passage, filling the area in front of him.

Nope, not today. Shrieking in fright, the young mirror turned tail and fled.

----

Rhea looked around the corner carefully. No freaky living fungi. Just...normal fungi. She would've sighed in relief, but she was too worried about her younger brother for that.

"Where is that scaredy-cat?" she muttered to herself. She shook her head, and continued on. "I can't believe we--"

She shrieked in terror as she suddenly stepped off a hidden overhang, tumbling down a ways. She slammed into a wall, and laid there, dazed.

"Ugh..." she groaned. The mirror unsteadily got to her feet, and shook her head. Her vision was wobbly, but she managed to stand. "Ow...heck, that hurt."

Rhea glanced around, trying to place her surroundings. "Wait a minute," she said, squinting. "Is that...? It is! Light!" And so there was. Farther down the tunnel was a faint light. She started after it, eventually coming across an open cavern. In the middle was a mossy, wooden home.

"Well that's not creepy," she said sarcastically, warily approaching it. "Who the heck is living so far down here?"

----

Aster was cold. And muddy. And bruised. He was most certainly not happy. The passageway was small, way to small. He could barely stretch his wings.

"This sucks," the young wildclaw pouted. "I should've stayed home with Rose. I bet she's having fun with all the spooky festivities."

He stepped around a corner, and stopped. Something was glowing in the darkness. Something creepy.

"Oooh, pretty," he marveled. A living mushroom crept out. "Ooookay, not so pretty. Bye!" Aster bolted forward and jumped over the fungus and kept running. The ground started rumbling as more fungi emerged from the tunnel walls to chase after him.

"Aw heck!" He shouted, speeding up. He was not in the mood for getting murdered by mushrooms. He tripped, and with a cry of surprise fell forward.

Aster's head slammed into the ground, and he quickly covered his face, preparing for the worst.

"Oh jeez...Aster?"

He cracked open an eye to see a familiar mirror standing above him. "Rhea? What..?" He swiveled his head to look behind him. The mushrooms had stopped at the opening of the tunnel. He looked around in surprise at the cavern.

"What the heck," he said.

"Well that's a lot of mushrooms," Rhea muttered. She helped him up and they began to back way. The living fungi crawled in after them.

"Rhea--" Aster was interrupted by terrified screaming, and the two dragons whipped around to see Ophi launch himself out of one of the entrances. He looked up and panicked relief spread over his face.

"Guys!" he cried. He rushed over to them quickly as a hoard of Emerald Cave Jewels crowded in after him. The trio quickly backed up to the house, wondering if this would be the end. However, before the creatures could attack, a loud hissing voice spoke.

"Well, well, well, I didn't think anyone would get this far..."

The teenaged dragons looked up to see a black Bogsneak staring at them from the top of the house. She grinned unsettlingly. Her witch hat hid her eyes, but the three younger dragon could feel her staring right at them.

"Well, my dears?" she addressed the multitude of creatures. "What do you think? What shall we do with these intruders upon the lair of the Hazel, 'the weird old lady.'"

Rhea flinched. Hazel's voice had taken a dark tone near the end. She had apparently not liked the young mirror's earlier remark. Fungi and critter alike turned their eyes to the youngsters.

The three simultaneously gulped.

Rhea opened her mouth to speak, "I--" but she suddenly choked on her words.

The bogsneak waved a glowing claw. "Ah, ah ah!" Hazel chided, as if she was a mother berating her hatchlings. "Now, now, I wasn't talking to you, was I?" She seemed to contemplate her action, tapping a claw to her chin. "Seems you've had quite the chase! But it's all come to an end now." She gave them a hard stare.

"I'll give you a head start then," the bogsneak began. Around her, more creatures of the night began to emerge. A Corpse Crawler crept up over its master, clacking its jaws. When none of the three moved, she spoke in a sickeningly sweet voice, dripping with eerie malice:

"Go on. Run."

The teenaged dragons didn't wait another second. They took off into the tunnels, hearing the witch's awful laughter echo behind them, as the hoard began the chase.

----

Ophi found himself outside the cave network, breathing heavily. He turned to see his friends come up behind him. They'd escaped, with only minor bruises and scrapes.

"Rhea, never again."

"Oh come on, Ophi!"

~End~
VUS06en.gif
Call me Sky!
they/them | +0 FR Time
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=42727516] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/427276/42727516_350.png[/img] [/url] The oldest, Fireflies has an active imagination that lends itself to fantasies and wild tales. She fully believes in Hazel's existence, and is toting the others along to prove it. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=45888872] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/458889/45888872_350.png[/img] [/url] Nightfall is skeptical, and frankly didn't want to come on this adventure. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=45693799] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/456938/45693799_350.png[/img] [/url] Iris isn't sure of one way or the other, but she is very excited to go adventuring! [rule] "Hey Flygirl. You sure you know where you're going?" Nightfall flinched at a noise in the dark, which only turned out to be a small insect skittering away. Fireflies huffed. "Absolutely, and don't call me that." She held her head high as she walked forward. After getting in an argument over the witch's existence earlier, she'd set off to prove it to Nightfall that she was right about her being real. Now they wandered about an old cave, with Iris in tow. Said Fae seemed unaffected by eerie atmosphere. Nightfall idly wondered if this was another quirk of the already odd Fae. She hummed as she hopped about, apparently playing a game she made up. The tunnel they walked along opened up into a larger cavern, filled with stalagmites, stalagmites and other rock formations. The shadows danced on the walls, only illuminated by the glow of Fireflies's glowing lightning bugs, which flitted about on her scales. The Pearlcatcher and Spiral found themselves feeling uneasy as they scanned the room. Iris, on the other hand, seemed entranced by the natural structures that towered around her. "Ooh! This is really cool!" The Fae's already unsettlingly expressive voice was made all the more unnerving by her cheerfulness in their current location. She prodded a pillar, curious as to it's texture. "Maybe this wasn't such a good idea," Fireflies admitted, no longer feeling so bold. "Perhaps we should, uh, go out and enjoy the festivities. All that Halloween stuff. Trick or treat and whatnot." "You guys can't trick or treat!" The Fae protested. Indignant, the Pearlcatcher gave her a look. "What do you mean? Why not?" Iris looked at her as if it was obvious. "You aren't wearing a costume!" She stated matter of factly. Fireflies stamped her foot. "I just haven't found a costume that works!" "Perhaps I could help with that?" Jumping in shock, the three dragons whirled around to face the source of the unknown voice. In the dark, a pair of glowing green eyes watched them. "Come now dearies, don't be shy. Auntie Hazel can help you easily." Shrieking, both Nightfall and Fireflies tumbled backward in fear. Iris, on the other hand, bounced forward. "Hiya ma'am! You're Miss Hazel? Nice ta meetcha!" The voice laughed. "Well aren't you a charming little oddity! Would you care to chat with a lonely lady for a while?" Iris chirped a "Sure!" the same time her companions screeched "NO!" in unison. Grabbing their friend, they dashed down the tunnel they'd come through only moments before. Cackles echoes behind them as a swarm of bats followed, skreeing and squeaking as the swooped overhead the terrified adolescents. Rats and other creatures tripped them underfoot. At some point, a Corpse Cleaner reared up from a side tunnel and nicked Nightfall in the tail as they continued their reckless sprint. Eventually fresh air blew in their faces as they rushed out of the cave into the cool night. They kept running for a few minutes, before finally collapsing on a soft patch of grass. "That... was close," Fireflies gasped. Groaning, Nightfall covered his face with his arms. "That is... the last time... I listen to you," he panted, pointing an accusing finger at his friend. "I told you she was real! See? I was right!" "And you almost got us killed proving it!" While her friends bickered, Iris gazed in the direction of the cave. The witch hadn't seemed as mean as Fireflies had described. Didn't she say she was lonely? Maybe she'd go sneaking back to the cave later to follow up on that chat.

42727516_350.png

The oldest, Fireflies has an active imagination that lends itself to fantasies and wild tales. She fully believes in Hazel's existence, and is toting the others along to prove it.

45888872_350.png

Nightfall is skeptical, and frankly didn't want to come on this adventure.

45693799_350.png

Iris isn't sure of one way or the other, but she is very excited to go adventuring!

"Hey Flygirl. You sure you know where you're going?" Nightfall flinched at a noise in the dark, which only turned out to be a small insect skittering away.

Fireflies huffed. "Absolutely, and don't call me that." She held her head high as she walked forward. After getting in an argument over the witch's existence earlier, she'd set off to prove it to Nightfall that she was right about her being real. Now they wandered about an old cave, with Iris in tow.

Said Fae seemed unaffected by eerie atmosphere. Nightfall idly wondered if this was another quirk of the already odd Fae. She hummed as she hopped about, apparently playing a game she made up.

The tunnel they walked along opened up into a larger cavern, filled with stalagmites, stalagmites and other rock formations. The shadows danced on the walls, only illuminated by the glow of Fireflies's glowing lightning bugs, which flitted about on her scales. The Pearlcatcher and Spiral found themselves feeling uneasy as they scanned the room. Iris, on the other hand, seemed entranced by the natural structures that towered around her.

"Ooh! This is really cool!" The Fae's already unsettlingly expressive voice was made all the more unnerving by her cheerfulness in their current location. She prodded a pillar, curious as to it's texture.

"Maybe this wasn't such a good idea," Fireflies admitted, no longer feeling so bold. "Perhaps we should, uh, go out and enjoy the festivities. All that Halloween stuff. Trick or treat and whatnot."

"You guys can't trick or treat!" The Fae protested.

Indignant, the Pearlcatcher gave her a look. "What do you mean? Why not?"

Iris looked at her as if it was obvious. "You aren't wearing a costume!" She stated matter of factly.

Fireflies stamped her foot. "I just haven't found a costume that works!"

"Perhaps I could help with that?"

Jumping in shock, the three dragons whirled around to face the source of the unknown voice. In the dark, a pair of glowing green eyes watched them. "Come now dearies, don't be shy. Auntie Hazel can help you easily."

Shrieking, both Nightfall and Fireflies tumbled backward in fear. Iris, on the other hand, bounced forward. "Hiya ma'am! You're Miss Hazel? Nice ta meetcha!"

The voice laughed. "Well aren't you a charming little oddity! Would you care to chat with a lonely lady for a while?"

Iris chirped a "Sure!" the same time her companions screeched "NO!" in unison. Grabbing their friend, they dashed down the tunnel they'd come through only moments before.

Cackles echoes behind them as a swarm of bats followed, skreeing and squeaking as the swooped overhead the terrified adolescents. Rats and other creatures tripped them underfoot. At some point, a Corpse Cleaner reared up from a side tunnel and nicked Nightfall in the tail as they continued their reckless sprint.

Eventually fresh air blew in their faces as they rushed out of the cave into the cool night. They kept running for a few minutes, before finally collapsing on a soft patch of grass.

"That... was close," Fireflies gasped.

Groaning, Nightfall covered his face with his arms. "That is... the last time... I listen to you," he panted, pointing an accusing finger at his friend.

"I told you she was real! See? I was right!"

"And you almost got us killed proving it!"

While her friends bickered, Iris gazed in the direction of the cave. The witch hadn't seemed as mean as Fireflies had described. Didn't she say she was lonely? Maybe she'd go sneaking back to the cave later to follow up on that chat.

Wishlist here!
*strums ukulele in a terrible rendition of Wonderwall*
Life & Death Reborn
Oh hey I have a hatchery now!
-
Uh oh, guess who has a Skin Shop now too
[img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/146038/14603716_350.png[/img] Virenkey wants her lair-mates to believe the old story, that she always tells every night in October. [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/192872/19287134_350.png[/img] Mitzuki hates it when Virenkey tell that story because she thinks it is a myth. [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/219900/21989999_350.png[/img] Yafim tries to stop Virenkey and Mitzuki from fighting but makes things way worse than they already are.
14603716_350.png
Virenkey wants her lair-mates to believe the old story, that she always tells every night in October.
19287134_350.png
Mitzuki hates it when Virenkey tell that story because she thinks it is a myth.
21989999_350.png
Yafim tries to stop Virenkey and Mitzuki from fighting but makes things way worse than they already are.
Oh gosh I'll have to bop back over and edit when I'm not mobile-bound, but... Here's the three I'll use for this week regardless!! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=45033439] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/450335/45033439_350.png[/img] [/url] Serene absolutely believes Old Witch Hazel has to be out there! She loves the paranormal and dark and spooky, and the yearly freaky festivities are her favorite - so of course she's out to prove that her favorite tale is true! ....and maybe scare her friends on the way to do it. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=41114564] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/411146/41114564_350.png[/img] [/url] Qitomo thinks he's much more grown up than he really is. He has no time for these silly stupid hatchling tales that obviously are just stupid and made up!! They don't scare him at all! That's definitely why he's way more emotionally invested than he should be in proving that Serene is [i]wrong[/i] and that that dumb ol' witch is just a story. And if he's a bit jumpy and maybe slinking too close to the other dragons' hides...... well!!! Its just because the forest is awful dark and dangerous at night! That's all! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=35335843] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/353359/35335843_350.png[/img] [/url] Indra is the oldest of the trio, but his countenance, behavior, and experiences make the unnaturally large nocturne seem far older than he actually is. Indra doesn't actually really care one way or another about the spooky tale of Hazel the Witch. Buy he IS by far the most personally experienced with the scary, spooky, and ghostly. So when Serene and Qitomo couldn't stop arguing over the validity of the stories, they came to him - the ghost expert Indra can solve this problem once and for all! ....He didn't really have anything better to do. It was either play checkers with the real ghosts, or go have some (possible) fun with his clanmates. It was an easy decision.
Oh gosh I'll have to bop back over and edit when I'm not mobile-bound, but...
Here's the three I'll use for this week regardless!!

45033439_350.png

Serene absolutely believes Old Witch Hazel has to be out there! She loves the paranormal and dark and spooky, and the yearly freaky festivities are her favorite - so of course she's out to prove that her favorite tale is true! ....and maybe scare her friends on the way to do it.

41114564_350.png

Qitomo thinks he's much more grown up than he really is. He has no time for these silly stupid hatchling tales that obviously are just stupid and made up!! They don't scare him at all! That's definitely why he's way more emotionally invested than he should be in proving that Serene is wrong and that that dumb ol' witch is just a story. And if he's a bit jumpy and maybe slinking too close to the other dragons' hides...... well!!! Its just because the forest is awful dark and dangerous at night! That's all!

35335843_350.png

Indra is the oldest of the trio, but his countenance, behavior, and experiences make the unnaturally large nocturne seem far older than he actually is. Indra doesn't actually really care one way or another about the spooky tale of Hazel the Witch. Buy he IS by far the most personally experienced with the scary, spooky, and ghostly. So when Serene and Qitomo couldn't stop arguing over the validity of the stories, they came to him - the ghost expert Indra can solve this problem once and for all!
....He didn't really have anything better to do. It was either play checkers with the real ghosts, or go have some (possible) fun with his clanmates. It was an easy decision.
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15