Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | [IC] Subspecies: Starwood Guides
1 2 3
[size=7][font=Courier New]INTRODUCING...[/font][/size] [center][size=7][font=Book Antiqua][i][color=#0d04a1]S[/color][color=#1721b8]t[/color][color=#213ece]a[/color][color=#2b5be5]r[/color][color=#3578fb]w[/color][color=#5d58f9]o[/color][color=#8437f6]o[/color][color=#ac17f4]d[/color] [color=#7148f8]G[/color][color=#5360f9]u[/color][color=#3578fb]i[/color][color=#2851dd]d[/color][color=#1a2bbf]e[/color][color=#0d04a1]s[/color][/i][/font][/size] [center][font=Book Antiqua][i][color=#0d04a1]A[/color] [color=#1825bb]S[/color][color=#1e36c8]t[/color][color=#2446d4]a[/color][color=#2a57e1]r[/color] [color=#3578fb]W[/color][color=#466afa]o[/color][color=#575cf9]o[/color][color=#684ef8]d[/color] [color=#8a33f6]S[/color][color=#9b25f5]t[/color][color=#ac17f4]r[/color][color=#9b25f5]a[/color][color=#8a33f6]n[/color][color=#7941f7]d[/color] [color=#575cf9]S[/color][color=#466afa]u[/color][color=#3578fb]b[/color][color=#2f67ee]s[/color][color=#2a57e1]p[/color][color=#2446d4]e[/color][color=#1e36c8]c[/color][color=#1825bb]i[/color][color=#1315ae]e[/color][color=#0d04a1]s[/color] [center][img]https://imgur.com/MYni6Df.png[/img][/center] There's something strange about the Star Wood Strand. Why do so many dragons enter it, yet never return? The answer might lie hidden in just what exactly lures so many hapless souls into the depths of one of the most dangerous forests in Arcane territory - and considering how terrifying most of the Starfall is, you know it's serious when even we say the Strands are the most dangerous. These strange guides haunt the Star Wood Strand, following those whose wishes beckon to them. If you're lucky, they might just help you find your way. If you're not... well, my darling, getting lost might've been a better way to go. [br] [center][size=6][font=Book Antiqua][i][b][u][color=#0d04a1]I[/color][color=#1a2bbf]n[/color][color=#2851dd]t[/color][color=#3578fb]r[/color][color=#5d58f9]o[/color][color=#8437f6]d[/color][color=#ac17f4]u[/color][color=#7148f8]c[/color][color=#3578fb]t[/color][color=#2851dd]i[/color][color=#1a2bbf]o[/color][color=#0d04a1]n[/color][/u][/size] [br] [font=Book Antiqua][i]There are spectral lights dancing - Stars that’ll make your wishes come true They say if you desire something Those lights will come to you There are spectral lights dancing - They say those are fairies from the stars If you follow them into the forest You’ll find what makes you who you are So let the stars guide you Into the darkness of the night Are you brave enough to make true your wishes If it means abandoning all light? Let the stars guide you Into the depths of the trees You think you hear them whispering “This is where you’ll achieve your dreams.” Oh, but not one who has followed Has ever been seen to return Have they been lost, forgotten Among the trees, the grass, the ferns? Not one who has followed Has yet to find their way back Think carefully before you tread this road This journey may very well be your last There are spectral lights dancing My dear, don’t follow like a moth to your demise The lights may grant your desires [b]But don’t forget every wish has a price[/b] [center][img]https://68.media.tumblr.com/1beb1afb6118534c45bd75d5fe789242/tumblr_om95jjJCRA1qhz2h3o2_r1_250.png[/img][/center] Intrigued? There's more lore in the next post! Please give us any feedback you might have, and, if you're interested in adopting a Guide, please ask to be added to our pinglist!
INTRODUCING...
Starwood Guides
A Star Wood Strand Subspecies

MYni6Df.png

There's something strange about the Star Wood Strand. Why do so many dragons enter it, yet never return? The answer might lie hidden in just what exactly lures so many hapless souls into the depths of one of the most dangerous forests in Arcane territory - and considering how terrifying most of the Starfall is, you know it's serious when even we say the Strands are the most dangerous.

These strange guides haunt the Star Wood Strand, following those whose wishes beckon to them. If you're lucky, they might just help you find your way. If you're not... well, my darling, getting lost might've been a better way to go.

Introduction

There are spectral lights dancing -
Stars that’ll make your wishes come true
They say if you desire something
Those lights will come to you

There are spectral lights dancing -
They say those are fairies from the stars
If you follow them into the forest
You’ll find what makes you who you are

So let the stars guide you
Into the darkness of the night
Are you brave enough to make true your wishes
If it means abandoning all light?

Let the stars guide you
Into the depths of the trees
You think you hear them whispering
“This is where you’ll achieve your dreams.”

Oh, but not one who has followed
Has ever been seen to return
Have they been lost, forgotten
Among the trees, the grass, the ferns?

Not one who has followed
Has yet to find their way back
Think carefully before you tread this road
This journey may very well be your last

There are spectral lights dancing
My dear, don’t follow like a moth to your demise
The lights may grant your desires
But don’t forget every wish has a price

tumblr_om95jjJCRA1qhz2h3o2_r1_250.png

Intrigued? There's more lore in the next post! Please give us any feedback you might have, and, if you're interested in adopting a Guide, please ask to be added to our pinglist!
uPDF3lw.pngX2PAJU7.gifg56Nt7u.png badge-1-100x100.pngRVjFQtg.png
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/V13hhmz.png[/img] [size=7][font=Book Antiqua][i][color=#0d04a1]O[/color][color=#151bb3]r[/color][color=#1d32c5]i[/color][color=#254ad7]g[/color][color=#2d61e9]i[/color][color=#3578fb]n[/color][color=#4d65fa]s[/color] [color=#7c3ef7]o[/color][color=#942af5]f[/color] [color=#942af5]t[/color][color=#7c3ef7]h[/color][color=#6551f8]e[/color] [color=#3578fb]G[/color][color=#2d61e9]u[/color][color=#254ad7]i[/color][color=#1d32c5]d[/color][color=#151bb3]e[/color][color=#0d04a1]s[/color][/i][/font][/size] [img]https://i.imgur.com/vxOF6mK.png[/img] [/center] There’s a spectral light that dances among the boughs of the Star Wood Strand. Some believe them to be pixies, other believe them ghosts. Whatever the case, most dragons stay far, far from them… and those who don’t never return. The ones who stay away are right to believe in their instincts, for strange entities haunt the Star Wood Strand. Some call them shapeshifters, others fairies, and still others call them… the [b]Starwood Guides[/b]. Born in the embrace of the Star Wood Strand, the Starwood Guides grow up in an environment of relative isolation, creating a curious, fiercely territorial subspecies that stays in the darkness and shies from the light. Once born, Guides immediately set out to feed. Their sustenance is magic, whether it be from the Strand or from other dragons. The magic of every Guide will differ depending on the location they are born, and whose magic they drained during their first feeding. If they feed on the magic of an Arcane dragon, they become Arcane. If they feed on that of a Shadow dragon, they become Shadow. After their first feeding, the Guides will immediately only target that specific type of magic as their main food. Like moths to a flame, Guides are drawn to the desires of other dragons, for wishes contain a magical energy that is considered a delicacy, not to mention the magic imbued within wishes is often enough to feed a Guide for several months. Thus, Guides will often approach other dragons from the darkness - close enough to attract attention, but too far to be deemed dangerous. After catching the attention of their prey with their flashing lights, the Guides lure unwary victims into the depths of the mother forest. There in the darkness, the poor dragon meets their doom, as the Guides feed on their essences, reducing their victims to an empty, babbling shell of themselves that is quickly devoured by the unsavoury monsters in the Star Wood Strand. A dragon with a strong ambition will feed many eggs, so Starwood Guides seek out strong dragons. On the occasion that the Guides find a dragon too strong for their wily trick to fool, a flock of Guides will descend upon the unlucky victim, provoking them deeper into the forest and into an ambush. Yet… the Guides aren’t necessarily evil. It is said that if you have lost all hope, following the Guide into the Star Wood Strand may rekindle your ambition. Souls who have forgotten their way are guided to safety by this subspecies, and those who survive the feeding often find themselves with new magic that allows them to navigate the woods. Speculations have been made about this: perhaps Guides only require a small amount of desire to survive. Perhaps they pave the way for the lost simply to provide a new food source. Maybe something divine whispers to them, bading them to let certain dragons go, or lead others to their doom... Or maybe, just maybe… the Guides just wish they had dreams of their own.
V13hhmz.png
Origins of the Guides
vxOF6mK.png

There’s a spectral light that dances among the boughs of the Star Wood Strand. Some believe them to be pixies, other believe them ghosts. Whatever the case, most dragons stay far, far from them… and those who don’t never return. The ones who stay away are right to believe in their instincts, for strange entities haunt the Star Wood Strand. Some call them shapeshifters, others fairies, and still others call them… the Starwood Guides.

Born in the embrace of the Star Wood Strand, the Starwood Guides grow up in an environment of relative isolation, creating a curious, fiercely territorial subspecies that stays in the darkness and shies from the light. Once born, Guides immediately set out to feed. Their sustenance is magic, whether it be from the Strand or from other dragons.

The magic of every Guide will differ depending on the location they are born, and whose magic they drained during their first feeding. If they feed on the magic of an Arcane dragon, they become Arcane. If they feed on that of a Shadow dragon, they become Shadow. After their first feeding, the Guides will immediately only target that specific type of magic as their main food.

Like moths to a flame, Guides are drawn to the desires of other dragons, for wishes contain a magical energy that is considered a delicacy, not to mention the magic imbued within wishes is often enough to feed a Guide for several months. Thus, Guides will often approach other dragons from the darkness - close enough to attract attention, but too far to be deemed dangerous. After catching the attention of their prey with their flashing lights, the Guides lure unwary victims into the depths of the mother forest. There in the darkness, the poor dragon meets their doom, as the Guides feed on their essences, reducing their victims to an empty, babbling shell of themselves that is quickly devoured by the unsavoury monsters in the Star Wood Strand.

A dragon with a strong ambition will feed many eggs, so Starwood Guides seek out strong dragons. On the occasion that the Guides find a dragon too strong for their wily trick to fool, a flock of Guides will descend upon the unlucky victim, provoking them deeper into the forest and into an ambush.

Yet… the Guides aren’t necessarily evil. It is said that if you have lost all hope, following the Guide into the Star Wood Strand may rekindle your ambition. Souls who have forgotten their way are guided to safety by this subspecies, and those who survive the feeding often find themselves with new magic that allows them to navigate the woods.

Speculations have been made about this: perhaps Guides only require a small amount of desire to survive. Perhaps they pave the way for the lost simply to provide a new food source. Maybe something divine whispers to them, bading them to let certain dragons go, or lead others to their doom...

Or maybe, just maybe… the Guides just wish they had dreams of their own.
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/V13hhmz.png[/img] [size=7][font=Book Antiqua][i][color=#0d04a1]C[/color][color=#1721b8]h[/color][color=#213ece]a[/color][color=#2b5be5]r[/color][color=#3578fb]a[/color][color=#5d58f9]c[/color][color=#8437f6]t[/color][color=#ac17f4]e[/color][color=#8e2ff6]r[/color][color=#7148f8]i[/color][color=#5360f9]s[/color][color=#3578fb]t[/color][color=#2851dd]i[/color][color=#1a2bbf]c[/color][color=#0d04a1]s[/color][/i][/font][/size] [img]https://i.imgur.com/vxOF6mK.png[/img][/center] While Guides originate in the Star Wood Strand, some clans are lucky enough to avoid being fed on and have been able to convince them to join as a new member. Few precautions should be taken when you have a Starwood Guide as a clanmate, though. First of all, do not let them near those sleeping. Starwood Guides are attracted to dreams, and falling asleep next to one will almost certainly end with you waking up with a Nocturne gnawing on your head. Secondly, the Guides should never be allowed to do any guarding. Or fighting, for that matter. When it comes to fight or flight, they’ve been wired to run first and ask questions later. Don’t ask them to stand their ground. They won’t do it. Despite their subspecies habits, Starwood Guides are generally curious and eager to try out new things. They get along easily with new clanmates, though it pays to remind them again and again they’re not allowed to eat the magic of said new clanmates. Guides enjoy learning, and as they have no need to sleep, they have twice as much time as their clanmates to learn new things. It is advised to watch them during their learning process, however. Guides have a habit of testing out new things on the nearest living creature, and waking up to one of them setting off a nuclear spell probably isn’t a good start to a new day. While they stay active and awake throughout most of the year, the Guides will hibernate two to six months annually. The reason for this is unknown, other than the fact that it’s to catch up on the sleep they’ve missed throughout the year. During the days leading up to their hibernation and the months throughout it, Guides become increasingly aggressive, lashing out at the nearest dragons. They will find the mostly heavily enchanted or magical place in the lair and settle down for a long nap. Dragons who disturb their sleep usually have their magic devoured on the spot, which isn’t quite the joyous news you’d want to receive. Starwood Guides feed mainly on magical energy, so throw them a chunk of crystal from the Crystal Pools and you’ll be fine. You are not advised to feed them forbidden magic. Or spellbooks that contain forbidden magic. Smarter dragons than you have tried, and smarter dragons than you have died. For dragons with excess magic, having a Starwood Guide is a boon. For the daily price of having a Guide stuck on your head, they’ll siphon your extra magic for you! No additional fee is required. Your magic levels go back to normal, and they get fed and happy. The perfect solution, if you don't mind walking around with an odd hat!
V13hhmz.png
Characteristics
vxOF6mK.png

While Guides originate in the Star Wood Strand, some clans are lucky enough to avoid being fed on and have been able to convince them to join as a new member. Few precautions should be taken when you have a Starwood Guide as a clanmate, though. First of all, do not let them near those sleeping. Starwood Guides are attracted to dreams, and falling asleep next to one will almost certainly end with you waking up with a Nocturne gnawing on your head. Secondly, the Guides should never be allowed to do any guarding. Or fighting, for that matter. When it comes to fight or flight, they’ve been wired to run first and ask questions later. Don’t ask them to stand their ground. They won’t do it.

Despite their subspecies habits, Starwood Guides are generally curious and eager to try out new things. They get along easily with new clanmates, though it pays to remind them again and again they’re not allowed to eat the magic of said new clanmates. Guides enjoy learning, and as they have no need to sleep, they have twice as much time as their clanmates to learn new things. It is advised to watch them during their learning process, however. Guides have a habit of testing out new things on the nearest living creature, and waking up to one of them setting off a nuclear spell probably isn’t a good start to a new day.

While they stay active and awake throughout most of the year, the Guides will hibernate two to six months annually. The reason for this is unknown, other than the fact that it’s to catch up on the sleep they’ve missed throughout the year. During the days leading up to their hibernation and the months throughout it, Guides become increasingly aggressive, lashing out at the nearest dragons. They will find the mostly heavily enchanted or magical place in the lair and settle down for a long nap. Dragons who disturb their sleep usually have their magic devoured on the spot, which isn’t quite the joyous news you’d want to receive.

Starwood Guides feed mainly on magical energy, so throw them a chunk of crystal from the Crystal Pools and you’ll be fine. You are not advised to feed them forbidden magic. Or spellbooks that contain forbidden magic. Smarter dragons than you have tried, and smarter dragons than you have died.

For dragons with excess magic, having a Starwood Guide is a boon. For the daily price of having a Guide stuck on your head, they’ll siphon your extra magic for you! No additional fee is required. Your magic levels go back to normal, and they get fed and happy. The perfect solution, if you don't mind walking around with an odd hat!

[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/V13hhmz.png[/img] [size=7][font=Book Antiqua][i][color=#0d04a1]G[/color][color=#1721b8]e[/color][color=#213ece]n[/color][color=#2b5be5]e[/color][color=#3578fb]s[/color] [color=#7148f8]a[/color][color=#8e2ff6]n[/color][color=#ac17f4]d[/color] [color=#5d58f9]T[/color][color=#3578fb]r[/color][color=#2b5be5]a[/color][color=#213ece]i[/color][color=#1721b8]t[/color][color=#0d04a1]s[/color][/i][/font][/size] [img]https://i.imgur.com/vxOF6mK.png[/img][/center] [list] [*] [b]Genes:[/b] Skink/Morph/Firefly [*] [b]Colors:[/b] Lead/Orchid/Cyan ~ Cerulean[/list] Starwood Guides have evolved to blend in almost perfectly with the Star Wood Strand. Their morph matches the iridescent boughs of the trees, and their bodies disappear in the pitch black darkness of the woods. The only thing that stands out are the flickering lights around them that are used to lure unwary victims into the Strand. The brighter the lights, the deeper the Guide’s birthplace in the Strand, and the more effective they are at feeding. Guides with cyan lights are also known to be more unfriendly and less willing to leave the Star Wood Strand. Members of the subspecies with darker, cerulean lights are friendlier and often more helpful, choosing to guide lost stragglers rather than feed on their magicks. They are also the most common ones to be found among the members in a lair.
V13hhmz.png
Genes and Traits
vxOF6mK.png
  • Genes: Skink/Morph/Firefly
  • Colors: Lead/Orchid/Cyan ~ Cerulean

Starwood Guides have evolved to blend in almost perfectly with the Star Wood Strand. Their morph matches the iridescent boughs of the trees, and their bodies disappear in the pitch black darkness of the woods. The only thing that stands out are the flickering lights around them that are used to lure unwary victims into the Strand.

The brighter the lights, the deeper the Guide’s birthplace in the Strand, and the more effective they are at feeding. Guides with cyan lights are also known to be more unfriendly and less willing to leave the Star Wood Strand.

Members of the subspecies with darker, cerulean lights are friendlier and often more helpful, choosing to guide lost stragglers rather than feed on their magicks. They are also the most common ones to be found among the members in a lair.
[center][size=7][font=Book Antiqua][i][color=#0d04a1]C[/color][color=#1721b8]u[/color][color=#213ece]r[/color][color=#2b5be5]r[/color][color=#3578fb]e[/color][color=#5360f9]n[/color][color=#7148f8]t[/color] [color=#ac17f4]P[/color][color=#8437f6]r[/color][color=#5d58f9]o[/color][color=#3578fb]g[/color][color=#2b5be5]r[/color][color=#213ece]e[/color][color=#1721b8]s[/color][color=#0d04a1]s[/color][/i][/font][/size][/center] This is our current progress on the breeders of the subspecies! Help out by sending funds for the remaining scrolls needed! Don't worry, you won't be losing money - [b]the amount you donate will be detracted directly from the price of the Guides[/b], should you buy one. All donators, upon purchasing a Guides, will receive a fully coded bio with the subspecies' lore! (Coded bio in progress... we're lazy XD) AND WE'RE DONE! WE'RE DOOONE! [columns] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=44020104] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/440202/44020104_350.png[/img] [/url] [nextcol] [u][b]Requirements:[/b][/u] [list] [*] [s][b]Nocturne Scroll[/b][/s] donated by Ashtastic [*][s] [b]Skink Scroll[/b][/s] donated by Argante [*] [s][b]Morph Scroll [/b][/s]donated by Argante [*] [s][b]Firefly Scroll[/b][/s] swapped by MythicalViper[/list] [center][b]Progress: All done![/b][/center] [/columns] [columns] [u][b]Requirements:[/b][/u] [list] [*] [s][b]Nocturne Scroll[/b][/s] donated by Ashtastic [*] [s][b]Skink Scroll[/b][/s] donated by xAsaChan [*] [s][b]Morph Scroll [/b][/s] donated by Betty [*] [s][b]Firefly Scroll[/b][/s] [list] [*] Firebug: acquired by MythicalViper [*] Fanned Cockroaches: x40 donated by DarkWolf133 [*] Fanned Cockroaches: x20 acquired by MythicalViper [/list] [/list] [center][b]Progress:[/b] Still breeding ;-;[/center] [nextcol] [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=118&bodygene=15&breed=11&element=9&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=117&tertgene=22&winggene=23&wings=69&auth=1c1ee5df2c52bb9fa8bac565a653476447ba89ee&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/columns] [br] Still feel free to donate breed changes, genes, materials for genes, or gems/treasure! This will help me create more breeding pairs!
Current Progress

This is our current progress on the breeders of the subspecies! Help out by sending funds for the remaining scrolls needed! Don't worry, you won't be losing money - the amount you donate will be detracted directly from the price of the Guides, should you buy one.

All donators, upon purchasing a Guides, will receive a fully coded bio with the subspecies' lore! (Coded bio in progress... we're lazy XD)

AND WE'RE DONE! WE'RE DOOONE!

44020104_350.png
Requirements:
  • Nocturne Scroll donated by Ashtastic
  • Skink Scroll donated by Argante
  • Morph Scroll donated by Argante
  • Firefly Scroll swapped by MythicalViper
Progress: All done!
Requirements:
  • Nocturne Scroll donated by Ashtastic
  • Skink Scroll donated by xAsaChan
  • Morph Scroll donated by Betty
  • Firefly Scroll
    • Firebug: acquired by MythicalViper
    • Fanned Cockroaches: x40 donated by DarkWolf133
    • Fanned Cockroaches: x20 acquired by MythicalViper
Progress: Still breeding ;-;
dragon?age=1&body=118&bodygene=15&breed=11&element=9&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=117&tertgene=22&winggene=23&wings=69&auth=1c1ee5df2c52bb9fa8bac565a653476447ba89ee&dummyext=prev.png

Still feel free to donate breed changes, genes, materials for genes, or gems/treasure! This will help me create more breeding pairs!
[size=7][font=Book Antiqua][i][color=#0d04a1]P[/color][color=#213ece]i[/color][color=#3578fb]n[/color][color=#7148f8]g[/color][color=#ac17f4]l[/color][color=#3578fb]i[/color][color=#213ece]s[/color][color=#0d04a1]t[/color] [/i][/font][/size] @/elisse @/xAsaChan @/NimRoderick @/TheSoapyDolphin @/DarkWolf133 (cyan) @/DarkRebellionXYZ @/nepkitty (m Mirror) @/clya @/fantastea (female) @/justarev (female) @/emmahaa [br] [center][url=https://docs.google.com/document/d/1P1V0B9Jj_O_WkPKG9XOFzHznQnlHOEzreOwC3UgOZSo/edit][img]https://flightrising.com/images/map/icons/arcane_1.png[/img][/url] Link to Google Doc here![/center]
Pinglist

@/elisse @/xAsaChan @/NimRoderick @/TheSoapyDolphin @/DarkWolf133 (cyan) @/DarkRebellionXYZ @/nepkitty (m Mirror) @/clya @/fantastea (female) @/justarev (female) @/emmahaa

arcane_1.png
Link to Google Doc here!
Aaaand we're good to go! *pats self on back* three years, and you finally did the thing! That's really not something you should be celebrating, Myth.
Aaaand we're good to go! *pats self on back* three years, and you finally did the thing! That's really not something you should be celebrating, Myth.
They're gorgeous! Add me to the pinglist?
They're gorgeous! Add me to the pinglist?
@NimRoderick

Done! Thank you for your interest!
@NimRoderick

Done! Thank you for your interest!
Up!
Up!
1 2 3