Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | I write poems for your dergs! [OPEN]
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12
@Cicide

If this wasn't how you imagined it going, let me know and I'll rewrite it. ;)

Quote:
Autumn:

it’s no wonder the myth of wood-nymphs was born in a time
when lights leaked from wooden doorways
late at night like burning candles and the smell of salt and tallow
wafted out into the cool air to chill the foreheads of wandering
faeries, their pointed chins jutting through the light enough
to cast a slender shadow--
beauty is subjective and the eyes of the beholder see no difference
between the gentle, waving trees and the mystical beyond.
see her hair-- it might be a branch, a tuft of moss, a sweep of leaves--
is there a difference, observer? see her eyes--
might they be berries, ripe on the vine? or are they nuts, acorns, full
to bursting of life and nourishment.
her body is a temple, and the world her god-- and she is selfless
and self-full within it.

she moves without sound. the forest shivers at her touch. she is not
there-- she does not breathe. the wind whispers at her back-- she
opens her mouth, and the breeze lays itself down on her tongue.
does she wear the wood, or does it wear her? would it matter which
one it truly was? she dreams
and the dirt makes love to her skin.
her companion licks the rocks as they go-- saliva exchange, a communication
of sorts, a hiatus in the afternoon as they pause in their goings--
she makes peace on the riverbank, and the townspeople call to her,
curious, wondering-- who is the woman who tames the forest?
what is the creature that’s taken this beauty for its wife?
she walks-- she runs-- she speaks.
and nothing but the winter comes out.
she is a precursor. she is the prophet. she is the heavy tomorrow.

how many need to see to believe? and how many simply take a word
for it.

@Cicide

If this wasn't how you imagined it going, let me know and I'll rewrite it. ;)

Quote:
Autumn:

it’s no wonder the myth of wood-nymphs was born in a time
when lights leaked from wooden doorways
late at night like burning candles and the smell of salt and tallow
wafted out into the cool air to chill the foreheads of wandering
faeries, their pointed chins jutting through the light enough
to cast a slender shadow--
beauty is subjective and the eyes of the beholder see no difference
between the gentle, waving trees and the mystical beyond.
see her hair-- it might be a branch, a tuft of moss, a sweep of leaves--
is there a difference, observer? see her eyes--
might they be berries, ripe on the vine? or are they nuts, acorns, full
to bursting of life and nourishment.
her body is a temple, and the world her god-- and she is selfless
and self-full within it.

she moves without sound. the forest shivers at her touch. she is not
there-- she does not breathe. the wind whispers at her back-- she
opens her mouth, and the breeze lays itself down on her tongue.
does she wear the wood, or does it wear her? would it matter which
one it truly was? she dreams
and the dirt makes love to her skin.
her companion licks the rocks as they go-- saliva exchange, a communication
of sorts, a hiatus in the afternoon as they pause in their goings--
she makes peace on the riverbank, and the townspeople call to her,
curious, wondering-- who is the woman who tames the forest?
what is the creature that’s taken this beauty for its wife?
she walks-- she runs-- she speaks.
and nothing but the winter comes out.
she is a precursor. she is the prophet. she is the heavy tomorrow.

how many need to see to believe? and how many simply take a word
for it.

6BiBS.gif
@NotQuiteToxic

Not at all, friend. Come back whenever you want, I'll be ready.

Quote:
Harmony:

it is particularly odd to meet an engineer with the attention span
of a newt--
she perches on the edge of her chair, staring like an owl down
the row of cubicles.
the dragon waiting on her reply seems to merit no more worry
than the flecks of dust floating in the glow of her table lamp.
he waves a paw in front of her eyes-- she takes a moment to notice.
ah …… she says, and her head swings around a bit, before
she finally focuses on him with a smile. when she speaks her voice
is dreamy, musical-- i’ll get right on it.
the dragon holds up a finger, he’s unsure if she even heard him the
first time-- but she’s already turning back to her desk, humming
some whimsical child’s song, waving her hand in dismissal-- but
to him or whatever she was thinking before, he has no idea.

he slumps back into his own chair and watches her over the cubicle wall.
he can smell her perfume, peachy, thick, a delicate scent that makes his
stomach go tight every time she walks by. he’s never had to talk to her
before now, but gods he’s almost glad-- as he snorts back annoyance and
returns to work. she’s a handful, that woman-- how does she get
anything done?

an hour later, he gets up to use the bathroom, and passed her desk
to get there. as he peeks round the corner, he notices the line of code where
she stopped before, below which he assumed she would still be.
but no, it is out of sight, she’s already finished the code and moved on to
sketching the physical view of the project.
baffled, he stands dumb, watching her work-- she looks up and smiles.
her eyes gleam wetly, though distant. she almost looks sad.
can i help you? she asked, her voice sounding a thousand miles
away. he shook his head and fled.

she may be a mystery, but she was not his to solve. not now, not ever.

@NotQuiteToxic

Not at all, friend. Come back whenever you want, I'll be ready.

Quote:
Harmony:

it is particularly odd to meet an engineer with the attention span
of a newt--
she perches on the edge of her chair, staring like an owl down
the row of cubicles.
the dragon waiting on her reply seems to merit no more worry
than the flecks of dust floating in the glow of her table lamp.
he waves a paw in front of her eyes-- she takes a moment to notice.
ah …… she says, and her head swings around a bit, before
she finally focuses on him with a smile. when she speaks her voice
is dreamy, musical-- i’ll get right on it.
the dragon holds up a finger, he’s unsure if she even heard him the
first time-- but she’s already turning back to her desk, humming
some whimsical child’s song, waving her hand in dismissal-- but
to him or whatever she was thinking before, he has no idea.

he slumps back into his own chair and watches her over the cubicle wall.
he can smell her perfume, peachy, thick, a delicate scent that makes his
stomach go tight every time she walks by. he’s never had to talk to her
before now, but gods he’s almost glad-- as he snorts back annoyance and
returns to work. she’s a handful, that woman-- how does she get
anything done?

an hour later, he gets up to use the bathroom, and passed her desk
to get there. as he peeks round the corner, he notices the line of code where
she stopped before, below which he assumed she would still be.
but no, it is out of sight, she’s already finished the code and moved on to
sketching the physical view of the project.
baffled, he stands dumb, watching her work-- she looks up and smiles.
her eyes gleam wetly, though distant. she almost looks sad.
can i help you? she asked, her voice sounding a thousand miles
away. he shook his head and fled.

she may be a mystery, but she was not his to solve. not now, not ever.

6BiBS.gif
@SkyTreader197 Dragon(s): [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=37426976] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/374270/37426976_350.png[/img] [/url] Lore snippet/brief: Due to her unusual magical ability to freeze time, Serenity was kept as an experimental subject in a secretive facility for most of her hatchlinghood. As she grew older, she learned to hide the extent of her ability, eventually using it as an asset in her final escape attempt. Once she was out, she managed to reach the Paradox clan in order to seek asylum and learn more about her ability. She is a master thief, and enacts vigilante justice against corrupt organizations and dragons. She and Nureyev are friendly rivals, and will occasionally engage in epic heist battles where they try to steal the same object (and then try to steal it from each other). Serenity rarely speaks, preferring to watch others. She finds words valuable- not the sort of thing to throw away randomly. She enjoys riddles and wordplay, finding ways to find alternate meanings in them. She also has a playful side, using her ability to set up pranks on other dragons. Anything else I should know?: She was loosely inspired by the show Firefly, and is a member of the Runecatcher subspecies. I don't know if that is actually important, but figured I might as well mention. Also this thread is awesome and your poems are beautiful.
@SkyTreader197

Dragon(s):

37426976_350.png

Lore snippet/brief: Due to her unusual magical ability to freeze time, Serenity was kept as an experimental subject in a secretive facility for most of her hatchlinghood. As she grew older, she learned to hide the extent of her ability, eventually using it as an asset in her final escape attempt. Once she was out, she managed to reach the Paradox clan in order to seek asylum and learn more about her ability.

She is a master thief, and enacts vigilante justice against corrupt organizations and dragons. She and Nureyev are friendly rivals, and will occasionally engage in epic heist battles where they try to steal the same object (and then try to steal it from each other).

Serenity rarely speaks, preferring to watch others. She finds words valuable- not the sort of thing to throw away randomly. She enjoys riddles and wordplay, finding ways to find alternate meanings in them. She also has a playful side, using her ability to set up pranks on other dragons.

Anything else I should know?: She was loosely inspired by the show Firefly, and is a member of the Runecatcher subspecies. I don't know if that is actually important, but figured I might as well mention. Also this thread is awesome and your poems are beautiful.
NHCZe8E.gifnMkuik2.gifwO1H58F.gif
@SkyTreader197 Oh my goodness this is such a cool thing to do? I’d love to see your work if you’re still doing this! [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/379841/37984044_350.png[/img] Lore snippet/brief: Arianrhod acts as caregiver for the clan after finding and rescuing an abandoned egg and just kinda sticking with the job. He’s the arcane rep, dabbling in assorted magic which sometimes works out and sometimes...doesn’t. He’s a bit of a clutz as well! (He has a chunk of more detailed lore, but this p.much covers it!) [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/380516/38051556_350.png[/img] Lore snippet/brief: Taliah acts as both a field healer and fighter for the clan. She’s a huge sucker for children and does not care if she gets dirty, as long as whatever she was trying to do got done. She has a presence about her that quest a room when she enters, and the scars she has all have stories. (Again, she does have better lore, but this is a decent summary.)
@SkyTreader197

Oh my goodness this is such a cool thing to do? I’d love to see your work if you’re still doing this!

37984044_350.png

Lore snippet/brief: Arianrhod acts as caregiver for the clan after finding and rescuing an abandoned egg and just kinda sticking with the job. He’s the arcane rep, dabbling in assorted magic which sometimes works out and sometimes...doesn’t. He’s a bit of a clutz as well! (He has a chunk of more detailed lore, but this p.much covers it!)

38051556_350.png

Lore snippet/brief:
Taliah acts as both a field healer and fighter for the clan. She’s a huge sucker for children and does not care if she gets dirty, as long as whatever she was trying to do got done. She has a presence about her that quest a room when she enters, and the scars she has all have stories. (Again, she does have better lore, but this is a decent summary.)
MOAQVIe.giftlojtlY.png0ej6UGW.gif
@SkyTreader197 Hi! I have these two for you: Dragon(s): [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=31172347] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/311724/31172347_350.png[/img] [/url] Lore snippet/brief: unwritten oops but he's a lovesick, adorable moron against his mate, Moonflower (dragon on the left), and just imagine the cutest, sappiest, ridiculously happy dork you can and that's him at her. Kindhearted, caring, family/clan guy but a little timid around hatchlings (ironic, since Moon is the clan nestmother), and capable but not hardcore warrior. Mood/theme: // Anything else I should know?: he's the mom friend of the group and imagine both a puppy and a mama dog rolled into one at the same time. Meet Sesame. Dragon(s): [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=32733053] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/327331/32733053_350.png[/img] [/url] Lore snippet/brief: captive of his old 'clan' (parents rebelled, he got left behind), escaped when another POW went berserk (slightly wounded, hence scars), wandered around plague territory super infected and near death, collapsed in nature, my clan found him, he recovered and stayed Mood/theme: // Anything else I should know?: very mentally hardened, not a quitter. When he's relaxed, he's actually pretty happy-go-lucky! I've read over what you have in the thread, and these all look incredible so far! :D
@SkyTreader197

Hi! I have these two for you:

Dragon(s):
31172347_350.png

Lore snippet/brief: unwritten oops but he's a lovesick, adorable moron against his mate, Moonflower (dragon on the left), and just imagine the cutest, sappiest, ridiculously happy dork you can and that's him at her. Kindhearted, caring, family/clan guy but a little timid around hatchlings (ironic, since Moon is the clan nestmother), and capable but not hardcore warrior.
Mood/theme: //
Anything else I should know?: he's the mom friend of the group and imagine both a puppy and a mama dog rolled into one at the same time. Meet Sesame.

Dragon(s):
32733053_350.png

Lore snippet/brief: captive of his old 'clan' (parents rebelled, he got left behind), escaped when another POW went berserk (slightly wounded, hence scars), wandered around plague territory super infected and near death, collapsed in nature, my clan found him, he recovered and stayed
Mood/theme: //
Anything else I should know?: very mentally hardened, not a quitter. When he's relaxed, he's actually pretty happy-go-lucky!

I've read over what you have in the thread, and these all look incredible so far! :D
Free max level brewing. Thread here!
@SkyTreader197
Oh I love them! They fit so perfectly - Hauve's made me smile, she is a very excitable young thing <3 The reason Lil has so much lore is because she's a character I've had for five years now - I've actually written....9ish poems for her that are floating around on my old Hello Poetry account somewhere!
@SkyTreader197
Oh I love them! They fit so perfectly - Hauve's made me smile, she is a very excitable young thing <3 The reason Lil has so much lore is because she's a character I've had for five years now - I've actually written....9ish poems for her that are floating around on my old Hello Poetry account somewhere!
@SkyTreader197

ohmygod.. Ohmyg o d
I totally forgot I asked for this and Omg I was going home from a trip and I was so sad and THEN I READ THAT! It was so beautiful, just like I imagined a poem about her would be. You are super talented poet and writer I am so like .. Wow !! I am so happy you made this ;_; Thank you so much.. I wish to ask for more but that was so long and pretty I want others to get poems like that too!

Seriously, thank you so much! I'll try to make a pretty bio for Autumn and put that in it! With your credits of course!
@SkyTreader197

ohmygod.. Ohmyg o d
I totally forgot I asked for this and Omg I was going home from a trip and I was so sad and THEN I READ THAT! It was so beautiful, just like I imagined a poem about her would be. You are super talented poet and writer I am so like .. Wow !! I am so happy you made this ;_; Thank you so much.. I wish to ask for more but that was so long and pretty I want others to get poems like that too!

Seriously, thank you so much! I'll try to make a pretty bio for Autumn and put that in it! With your credits of course!
osa1_by_cicide76536-dck8wt3.gifosa2j2_by_cicide76536-dck8wsz.gifosa3_by_cicide76536-dck8wsr.png
She/Her | Tumblr
...24 | Finland ...
Very tired and
very gay
FR time +10 h
My DA2 party!
@SkyTreader197 hey if this is still open, may i request a poem for my clan leaders Sawbones and Linnet? They're mates so just a combined one for both of them would be very kind. Something sweet maybe, because they're very loving to each other (if that works out for you?) [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=6903311] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/69034/6903311_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=6903312] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/69034/6903312_350.png[/img] [/url] both have lore in their bios, but heres a snippet i wrote some time ago [quote] Sawbones: Looks edgy, sounds edgy, is actually just a very chill, very big guy who loves his wife very much and takes care of his misfit of a clan and cares about them all. Linnet and he met when she had to rest with his clan for a while because of an injury that prevented her from following her pack. His charge is his wife because why not, it’s wholesome Linnet: Screamy lady, very stern, but also very fair. Loves everything pearly. Helps Sawbones to not be a doormat. Loves her big goofy husband very much and listens to his advice. Went from ‘why is this guardian following me’ to ‘if you say anything about him i will decimate you‘. [/quote]
@SkyTreader197 hey if this is still open, may i request a poem for my clan leaders Sawbones and Linnet? They're mates so just a combined one for both of them would be very kind.
Something sweet maybe, because they're very loving to each other (if that works out for you?)

6903311_350.png

6903312_350.png

both have lore in their bios, but heres a snippet i wrote some time ago

Quote:

Sawbones: Looks edgy, sounds edgy, is actually just a very chill, very big guy who loves his wife very much and takes care of his misfit of a clan and cares about them all. Linnet and he met when she had to rest with his clan for a while because of an injury that prevented her from following her pack. His charge is his wife because why not, it’s wholesome

Linnet: Screamy lady, very stern, but also very fair. Loves everything pearly. Helps Sawbones to not be a doormat. Loves her big goofy husband very much and listens to his advice. Went from ‘why is this guardian following me’ to ‘if you say anything about him i will decimate you‘.
jUpNOOr.png
@SkyTreader197 aaa you wrote a poem for smog and i loved it,,hope you don't mind me revisiting!it's his son,,tal! Dragon: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=42134593] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/421346/42134593_350.png[/img] [/url] Lore snippet/brief: he left his clan w his dad and sibling bc there were ~mysterious disappearances~ and after some travelling,,they ended up in the gloaming trail,, and kicked some parasitic mushrooms,,,it's the same sickness smog has, but it got into his eyes, so he's blind now Anything else I should know?: he can see/feel the future as emotions/memories like if you're gonna step on a lego sometime, he would maybe "remember" the pain and the texture of the lego against your foot in lore example: "He felt it, its hot breath against his body, claws dragging the thin membranes of his wings into tatters. But those weren’t his wings. No, his wings were spotted, not shimmering. Not his voice, not his body, but he felt it all the same."
@SkyTreader197 aaa you wrote a poem for smog and i loved it,,hope you don't mind me revisiting!it's his son,,tal!

Dragon:
42134593_350.png

Lore snippet/brief: he left his clan w his dad and sibling bc there were ~mysterious disappearances~ and after some travelling,,they ended up in the gloaming trail,, and kicked some parasitic mushrooms,,,it's the same sickness smog has, but it got into his eyes, so he's blind now

Anything else I should know?:
he can see/feel the future as emotions/memories

like if you're gonna step on a lego sometime, he would maybe "remember" the pain and the texture of the lego against your foot

in lore example: "He felt it, its hot breath against his body, claws dragging the thin membranes of his wings into tatters. But those weren’t his wings. No, his wings were spotted, not shimmering.
Not his voice, not his body, but he felt it all the same."
6h4Ol4n.pngXiejUgd.pngvJUVQ0t.pngcGS2SD8.png
@Cicide

I'm glad you liked it! Come back as often as you want, I'll write for you. It might take some time, as I catch up on others, but I'll get there eventually.

Seriously, it means a lot to me when people enjoy these so much. So thank you.
@Cicide

I'm glad you liked it! Come back as often as you want, I'll write for you. It might take some time, as I catch up on others, but I'll get there eventually.

Seriously, it means a lot to me when people enjoy these so much. So thank you.
6BiBS.gif
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12