Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | Fandragon scry help/opinions
So I finally broke down and decided to make a fandragon of one of my favorite video game characters of all time, Alcor. Link to pics of his three forms [s]technically spoilers for Devil Survivor 2 but I mean the game is how old and what me and who else remembers it[/s] [url=https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/megamitensei/images/4/42/Anguished_One.png/revision/latest?cb=20120325041745//9k=]Boyohboy[/url] [url=https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/megamitensei/images/1/19/Alcor_forms.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20131027045549]Geometry class[/url] There is just one smaaallll problem...I am quite bad at scrying fandragons T-T. More specifically, I don't know how to work around FR's colors and genes. You see, his stripes. They are iconic. You cannot have Alcor without his stripes. Thus, [i]pinstripe is literal perfection[/i]. Problem is...there is no red with black stripes, or black with red stripes. The closest I could get was this- [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=121&bodygene=22&breed=10&element=6&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=2&tertgene=10&winggene=1&wings=11&auth=56b5699c408705c2b357f31ea654fce2a901c9c9&dummyext=prev.png[/img](the secondary is still a "uuuuhhhhh it'll be something" for now) It's pretty close but the stripes are just dark red, not black...anyone have better ideas? Make the secondary black and label it as two big stripes? [s]I'm still so sad can you tell[/s] The tert is white because of that oh so shiny hair and also snow bellies are kinda [i]cool [/i], but I'm open to different terts lol
So I finally broke down and decided to make a fandragon of one of my favorite video game characters of all time, Alcor.

Link to pics of his three forms technically spoilers for Devil Survivor 2 but I mean the game is how old and what me and who else remembers it
Boyohboy
Geometry class

There is just one smaaallll problem...I am quite bad at scrying fandragons T-T. More specifically, I don't know how to work around FR's colors and genes. You see, his stripes. They are iconic. You cannot have Alcor without his stripes. Thus, pinstripe is literal perfection. Problem is...there is no red with black stripes, or black with red stripes.
The closest I could get was this-
dragon?age=1&body=121&bodygene=22&breed=10&element=6&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=2&tertgene=10&winggene=1&wings=11&auth=56b5699c408705c2b357f31ea654fce2a901c9c9&dummyext=prev.png(the secondary is still a "uuuuhhhhh it'll be something" for now)
It's pretty close but the stripes are just dark red, not black...anyone have better ideas? Make the secondary black and label it as two big stripes? I'm still so sad can you tell The tert is white because of that oh so shiny hair and also snow bellies are kinda cool , but I'm open to different terts lol
@SoulOfChaos If you're set on WC I'd suggest this slight edit? Sanguine has slight hints of black, as does Blood, but Sanguine works nicer imo. [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=121&bodygene=22&breed=10&element=6&eyetype=4&gender=0&tert=2&tertgene=10&winggene=17&wings=10&auth=25bdb1241f4b7436a58c77c2cb13e4b28550ade4&dummyext=prev.png[/img] ICE FACET (Common is also nice): Sanguine Pinstripe, Obsidian Alloy, White Glimmer (or Underbelly). [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=60&bodygene=22&breed=10&element=6&eyetype=4&gender=0&tert=2&tertgene=10&winggene=17&wings=10&auth=dd6a68af3a425ccc0857108fc924e6e78d958748&dummyext=prev.png[/img] ^ Blood Variant.
@SoulOfChaos If you're set on WC I'd suggest this slight edit? Sanguine has slight hints of black, as does Blood, but Sanguine works nicer imo.

dragon?age=1&body=121&bodygene=22&breed=10&element=6&eyetype=4&gender=0&tert=2&tertgene=10&winggene=17&wings=10&auth=25bdb1241f4b7436a58c77c2cb13e4b28550ade4&dummyext=prev.png

ICE FACET (Common is also nice): Sanguine Pinstripe, Obsidian Alloy, White Glimmer (or Underbelly).

dragon?age=1&body=60&bodygene=22&breed=10&element=6&eyetype=4&gender=0&tert=2&tertgene=10&winggene=17&wings=10&auth=dd6a68af3a425ccc0857108fc924e6e78d958748&dummyext=prev.png
^ Blood Variant.
@Skydust
The scy in my post is sanguine, I agree it does do better than blood ^^ I'm not completely set on WC no, it's just what the randomizer had the breed set as and since I like them I left it. I like ice facet! I've never really been able to tell what colors his eyes are (I think they are grey? I can't find good images in google and I'm not booting up my 3DS to see if I can squint at the game to tell so I'm going with grey) but since ice common isn't white anymore I might as well go wild right )-)

I really like the alloy obsidian, it gives him a nice machine look! Even if he isn't actually a machine and while some of the other Septentrione do look like machine some...don't XD Still it works well I think.

Thank you so much!
@Skydust
The scy in my post is sanguine, I agree it does do better than blood ^^ I'm not completely set on WC no, it's just what the randomizer had the breed set as and since I like them I left it. I like ice facet! I've never really been able to tell what colors his eyes are (I think they are grey? I can't find good images in google and I'm not booting up my 3DS to see if I can squint at the game to tell so I'm going with grey) but since ice common isn't white anymore I might as well go wild right )-)

I really like the alloy obsidian, it gives him a nice machine look! Even if he isn't actually a machine and while some of the other Septentrione do look like machine some...don't XD Still it works well I think.

Thank you so much!
@SoulOfChaos Glad to help!

He could also be a Skydancer or Pearlie (with the right accent to make his Pearl more like the second picture??)
@SoulOfChaos Glad to help!

He could also be a Skydancer or Pearlie (with the right accent to make his Pearl more like the second picture??)
@Skydust
M pearl anatomy freaks me out ;; though I could always use F pose. Skydancer would work well for his eyes since he always looks so sleepy and SDs have smaller eyes than WCs hmmmm...
@Skydust
M pearl anatomy freaks me out ;; though I could always use F pose. Skydancer would work well for his eyes since he always looks so sleepy and SDs have smaller eyes than WCs hmmmm...
[img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=121&bodygene=22&breed=7&element=6&eyetype=3&gender=0&tert=10&tertgene=6&winggene=21&wings=3&auth=c39b365261ad40a349e90529cf5332b14744228a&dummyext=prev.png[/img] @Skydust @SoulOfChaos I modified the WCs a bit after I saw that you are not dead set on it. I feel like the second image kinda gave the Crackle gene feel, so I moved the colors you offered around, and that spiral is the result. Pinstripe/Striation/Crackle Sanguine/Ice/Obsidian Ice Rare
dragon?age=1&body=121&bodygene=22&breed=7&element=6&eyetype=3&gender=0&tert=10&tertgene=6&winggene=21&wings=3&auth=c39b365261ad40a349e90529cf5332b14744228a&dummyext=prev.png

@Skydust @SoulOfChaos
I modified the WCs a bit after I saw that you are not dead set on it. I feel like the second image kinda gave the Crackle gene feel, so I moved the colors you offered around, and that spiral is the result.

Pinstripe/Striation/Crackle
Sanguine/Ice/Obsidian
Ice Rare
I have always blindly followed behind you and stayed by your side, remember? May we embrace glory together, for back then we could not. Grant the proper end to those locked up here, and to yourself.
@Viletta
Oh I love the vibe it gives off! The ice strat is nice, and the spiral coils fit the wires...now that it's not the middle of the night I'll probably be messing around more today with him

Thank you so much!
@Viletta
Oh I love the vibe it gives off! The ice strat is nice, and the spiral coils fit the wires...now that it's not the middle of the night I'll probably be messing around more today with him

Thank you so much!
@SoulOfChaos
Glad you like It! I'd thought that since Crackle is a kind of unpopular gene, it would be harder to love but it seems my feelings were more or less correct, haha. Good luck with your fandragon :3
@SoulOfChaos
Glad you like It! I'd thought that since Crackle is a kind of unpopular gene, it would be harder to love but it seems my feelings were more or less correct, haha. Good luck with your fandragon :3
I have always blindly followed behind you and stayed by your side, remember? May we embrace glory together, for back then we could not. Grant the proper end to those locked up here, and to yourself.
@Viletta I do actually dislike crackle XD But for fandragons I make exceptions, like my Gogmazios dragon [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=39972667] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/399727/39972667_350.png[/img] [/url](he's not done shhhh he'll have crackle though) A lot of it will depend on what combo I can actually find, so it's nice to have difference options that all work XP Thank you!
@Viletta
I do actually dislike crackle XD But for fandragons I make exceptions, like my Gogmazios dragon

39972667_350.png
(he's not done shhhh he'll have crackle though)

A lot of it will depend on what combo I can actually find, so it's nice to have difference options that all work XP

Thank you!