Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | Subspecies - Protoliths
PROTOLITHS-----[br] [columns][img]http://flightrising.com/image_generators/dragonpic2.php?body=52&wing=52&style=9&gender=1&ages=1&prig=11&secg=12&tert=57&elem=1&tertgene=7&spec=prev.png[/img][nextcol]From the farthest reaches of Greatwyrm's Breach, a peculiar subspecies has emerged: the Protolith. Small in number and taciturn by nature, the Protoliths instantly became the focus of a great deal of excitement from the academic community once news of their appearance spread. Luckily for researchers, the desire for understanding is mutual. Scholars from the Mirrorlight Promenade have managed to establish a degree of contact with them, though getting lucid answers from a Protolith can be no small frustration. This commingling has led to some outsiders to be taken on as 'students' to certain Protoliths, and while by and large the Protoliths are more interested in gathering knowledge than expanding their bloodlines, there has been a smattering of hatchlings borne into the subspecies above ground, both within their ancestral Dragonhome and the Sunbeam Ruins. [/columns][br] [columns]Oral tradition (the sole method of passing down information used by the subspecies) provides that today's Protoliths are the descendants of a small troupe of Snappers that had been called into the Breach's depths by the Earthshaker himself, during the earliest days of dragonkind. They were tasked with being keepers of history, from the birth of the gods to the death of ancient civilization, all the way up to the present era. These progenitors remained underground for thousands of years, endlessly wandering the labyrinths underneath Dragonhome in complete isolation from other clans. Many of the cave paintings and murals found in those primeval lairs were reportedly made by Protoliths over the course of time. [nextcol][img]http://flightrising.com/image_generators/dragonpic2.php?body=52&wing=52&style=4&gender=0&ages=1&prig=11&secg=12&tert=10&elem=8&tertgene=11&spec=prev.png[/img][/columns][br] [columns]Though some individuals have chosen to end their self-imposed detachment from the outside world, their community remains overwhelmingly insular, with an untold number of Protoliths remaining hidden away in Greatwyrm's Breach. The reserved nature shared by most Protoliths doesn't do much to help them connect with outsiders-- despite their curiosity about 'modern affairs', they aren't particularly concerned with networking with others beyond the exchange of information. This, as well as the general ambiguity surrounding their return, has left them surrounded by rumors. Some think that the Protoliths are the Earthshaker's prophets, harbingers of the end times, privy to archaic and supernatural secrets about the universe. Others consider them to be nothing more than glorified bookkeepers. The Protoliths themselves have no interest in either proving or disproving such gossip, and continue their quest for knowledge of all kinds. [/columns] [br][br] [quote=Requirements][columns][b][u]Breed:[/b][/u][br][br]Any[br][br][b][u]Element:[/u][/b][br][br]Earth, Light[nextcol][color=transparent]words[/color][b][u]Primary:[/u][/b][br][br][color=transparent]words[/color]Stone[br][color=transparent]words[/color]Poison[nextcol][color=transparent]words[/color][b][u]Secondary:[/u][/b][br][br][color=transparent]words[/color]Stone[br][color=transparent]words[/color]Toxin, Trail[nextcol][color=transparent]words[/color][b][u]Tertiary:[/u][/b][br][br][color=transparent]words[/color]Lead-Shadow, Slate-Rust, Crimson-Berry[br][color=transparent]words[/color]Smoke, Thylacine, Contour[br] [color=transparent]words[/color]Opal ONLY with Antique[/columns][/quote] [size=1]Certain color and tertiary combinations are too bright on, or cover too much of, the stone poison/toxin on some breeds. Use your discretion.[/size]
PROTOLITHS

dragonpic2.php?body=52&wing=52&style=9&gender=1&ages=1&prig=11&secg=12&tert=57&elem=1&tertgene=7&spec=prev.png From the farthest reaches of Greatwyrm's Breach, a peculiar subspecies has emerged: the Protolith. Small in number and taciturn by nature, the Protoliths instantly became the focus of a great deal of excitement from the academic community once news of their appearance spread. Luckily for researchers, the desire for understanding is mutual. Scholars from the Mirrorlight Promenade have managed to establish a degree of contact with them, though getting lucid answers from a Protolith can be no small frustration. This commingling has led to some outsiders to be taken on as 'students' to certain Protoliths, and while by and large the Protoliths are more interested in gathering knowledge than expanding their bloodlines, there has been a smattering of hatchlings borne into the subspecies above ground, both within their ancestral Dragonhome and the Sunbeam Ruins.

Oral tradition (the sole method of passing down information used by the subspecies) provides that today's Protoliths are the descendants of a small troupe of Snappers that had been called into the Breach's depths by the Earthshaker himself, during the earliest days of dragonkind. They were tasked with being keepers of history, from the birth of the gods to the death of ancient civilization, all the way up to the present era. These progenitors remained underground for thousands of years, endlessly wandering the labyrinths underneath Dragonhome in complete isolation from other clans. Many of the cave paintings and murals found in those primeval lairs were reportedly made by Protoliths over the course of time. dragonpic2.php?body=52&wing=52&style=4&gender=0&ages=1&prig=11&secg=12&tert=10&elem=8&tertgene=11&spec=prev.png

Though some individuals have chosen to end their self-imposed detachment from the outside world, their community remains overwhelmingly insular, with an untold number of Protoliths remaining hidden away in Greatwyrm's Breach. The reserved nature shared by most Protoliths doesn't do much to help them connect with outsiders-- despite their curiosity about 'modern affairs', they aren't particularly concerned with networking with others beyond the exchange of information. This, as well as the general ambiguity surrounding their return, has left them surrounded by rumors. Some think that the Protoliths are the Earthshaker's prophets, harbingers of the end times, privy to archaic and supernatural secrets about the universe. Others consider them to be nothing more than glorified bookkeepers. The Protoliths themselves have no interest in either proving or disproving such gossip, and continue their quest for knowledge of all kinds.

Requirements wrote:
Breed:

Any

Element:

Earth, Light
wordsPrimary:

wordsStone
wordsPoison
wordsSecondary:

wordsStone
wordsToxin, Trail
wordsTertiary:

wordsLead-Shadow, Slate-Rust, Crimson-Berry
wordsSmoke, Thylacine, Contour

wordsOpal ONLY with Antique
Certain color and tertiary combinations are too bright on, or cover too much of, the stone poison/toxin on some breeds. Use your discretion.
w7l6QPr.png
@Revelare

Could I get on a pinglist for when ever you have hatchlings available?
@Revelare

Could I get on a pinglist for when ever you have hatchlings available?
lightf1.png22380.png

White Prism Clan
FR+9 hours
Altus Pearl Breeder
22380.pnglightf2.png
@Gowenna

i have a breeding pair and i can drop them on a nest for you if youd like.
@Gowenna

i have a breeding pair and i can drop them on a nest for you if youd like.
kmAu4dW.png bonsai_cnicht_1_by_auricolor-dajtoqd.png
Actively seeking lore clans to be Allies

rolz5s9.png
SoxF2SS.png?1.png
@cnicht @BaitNSwitch @Bahri

Pinging the listed breeders to let you guys know that after a long hiatus, I've updated the colors and genes for this subspecies! Opal is now accepted, ONLY when paired with Antique, and vice versa.
@cnicht @BaitNSwitch @Bahri

Pinging the listed breeders to let you guys know that after a long hiatus, I've updated the colors and genes for this subspecies! Opal is now accepted, ONLY when paired with Antique, and vice versa.
w7l6QPr.png
@blvebirb isnt runes an official protolith tert?
@blvebirb isnt runes an official protolith tert?
kmAu4dW.png bonsai_cnicht_1_by_auricolor-dajtoqd.png
Actively seeking lore clans to be Allies

rolz5s9.png
SoxF2SS.png?1.png
WOW these guys are gorgeous!
WOW these guys are gorgeous!
Man, too bad: I don't think my girl will fit when she has Poi/Tox/Runes :') [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=32617502] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/326176/32617502_350.png[/img] [/url] [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=52&bodygene=11&breed=6&element=3&gender=1&tert=116&tertgene=14&winggene=12&wings=52&auth=4f340e990c713eb51f8d8b6174402c741619cf46&dummyext=prev.png[/img]
Man, too bad: I don't think my girl will fit when she has Poi/Tox/Runes :')

32617502_350.png

dragon?age=1&body=52&bodygene=11&breed=6&element=3&gender=1&tert=116&tertgene=14&winggene=12&wings=52&auth=4f340e990c713eb51f8d8b6174402c741619cf46&dummyext=prev.png
73127854.png
Lonely, shy & in need of friends? Read Misaki's Bio.

Item Wishlist | [LF] Pearl XXY/XYY G1 (M), Sanguine XXY, XYY G1 (M)