Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [Lore] Clan of the Fractured Soul
1 2
[center][size=7][font=copperplate]The Clan of the Fractured Soul[/font][/size] ([color=red]Please do not post on this thread![/color] This will be where I put all of the information about my clan!)[/center] [size=5]You[/size] [size=3]enter a cave off a great open-air chamber, and inside you find a dragon. He is flicking through a book with a claw, glowing eyes trained on it, writing something down on a scrap of paper with his free hand. As your eyes adjust, you realize that he is a mechanical dragon, made of sleek metal panels and joints. Gaps in these show a glow from within, pale blue to emerald green.[/size] [columns][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=25697084] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/256971/25697084_350.png[/img] [/url][nextcol] It takes him a moment to notice you. "Oh! You seem new, I haven't seen you here before. Are you a new member of the Clan of the Fractured Soul, or a visitor to the Thunderhead Savannah looking for a little lightning magic?" His voice is soft and kind, not what you'd imagine from a robot, really. You're indeed a visitor, one who is out to learn about as many clans as possible. Starting with one of the least threatening, of course, but known to be strange. "Ah so you came to the archives to learn more about this Clan, then?" You nod. "Well! You found them, good job!" He laughs, straightening up, metallic sheen glittering like crystal in the darkness. "I am Fred, the lead archivist here." You blink. [i]Fred? What kind of name was that?[/i] Fred clears his throat with a mechanical hum.[/columns] [size=3]"This tends to happen. Yes, my name isn't par the course for a usual Sornieth denizen, but here, we are allowed to choose our own names and change them as we see fit. I chose Fred. I just... feel like a Fred." You feel silly. But this is why you wish to learn about clans, their culture and their stories and why they are the way they are. Fred seems to read your mind. "Yes, this is why you're here, isn't it? Well, I have some texts on the topic, and maps and schematics, why don't we start there? And I can also tell you the stories and explain." You nod, smiling at this odd robotic coatl, and settle in for a long day of learning. "Here is the original description of the Clan of the Fractured Soul, written by Soul himself," begins Fred, reading from a scroll that looks worn but not terribly old. "'[i]This clan is said to have a dragon that is the piece of a mythical being's soul as its leader. A great savior from another realm with lightning powers whispered of throughout space and time. The Arcanist somehow learned of him while looking through his scope, and the myth still persists among some that this being has a place among dragons. The Clan of the Fractured Soul believes that a bit of his soul lives in a dragon. This dragon, shrouded in mystery, leads their clan. ... They would be so surprised if they knew the full truth. The Clan of the Fractured Soul is an odd collection of dragons and those masquerading as dragons living in the Thunderhead Savannah. Soul accepts them all, if they behave themselves and don't cause too much trouble. Known as a very relaxed clan, they prefer words to fighting right away, though they would be quite fearsome in battle indeed. Their symbols are the warcat protector and tribeam hunter. Dragons choose their own names, so that is why there is so much variation. There is no proper way to be named, they say. Any name is welcome here, be it simple or strange.[/i]'" He looks up at you, smiling softly. "That was from years ago. Once we learned the truth about our leader, things changed, yes. But we remain strong and welcoming and unified." [WIP!][/size]
The Clan of the Fractured Soul
(Please do not post on this thread!
This will be where I put all of the information about my clan!)

You enter a cave off a great open-air chamber, and inside you find a dragon. He is flicking through a book with a claw, glowing eyes trained on it, writing something down on a scrap of paper with his free hand.

As your eyes adjust, you realize that he is a mechanical dragon, made of sleek metal panels and joints. Gaps in these show a glow from within, pale blue to emerald green.

25697084_350.png
It takes him a moment to notice you. "Oh! You seem new, I haven't seen you here before. Are you a new member of the Clan of the Fractured Soul, or a visitor to the Thunderhead Savannah looking for a little lightning magic?" His voice is soft and kind, not what you'd imagine from a robot, really. You're indeed a visitor, one who is out to learn about as many clans as possible. Starting with one of the least threatening, of course, but known to be strange.

"Ah so you came to the archives to learn more about this Clan, then?"

You nod.

"Well! You found them, good job!" He laughs, straightening up, metallic sheen glittering like crystal in the darkness. "I am Fred, the lead archivist here." You blink. Fred? What kind of name was that? Fred clears his throat with a mechanical hum.

"This tends to happen. Yes, my name isn't par the course for a usual Sornieth denizen, but here, we are allowed to choose our own names and change them as we see fit. I chose Fred. I just... feel like a Fred."

You feel silly. But this is why you wish to learn about clans, their culture and their stories and why they are the way they are. Fred seems to read your mind.

"Yes, this is why you're here, isn't it? Well, I have some texts on the topic, and maps and schematics, why don't we start there? And I can also tell you the stories and explain."

You nod, smiling at this odd robotic coatl, and settle in for a long day of learning.

"Here is the original description of the Clan of the Fractured Soul, written by Soul himself," begins Fred, reading from a scroll that looks worn but not terribly old.

"'This clan is said to have a dragon that is the piece of a mythical being's soul as its leader. A great savior from another realm with lightning powers whispered of throughout space and time. The Arcanist somehow learned of him while looking through his scope, and the myth still persists among some that this being has a place among dragons. The Clan of the Fractured Soul believes that a bit of his soul lives in a dragon. This dragon, shrouded in mystery, leads their clan.
They would be so surprised if they knew the full truth.

The Clan of the Fractured Soul is an odd collection of dragons and those masquerading as dragons living in the Thunderhead Savannah. Soul accepts them all, if they behave themselves and don't cause too much trouble. Known as a very relaxed clan, they prefer words to fighting right away, though they would be quite fearsome in battle indeed. Their symbols are the warcat protector and tribeam hunter.

Dragons choose their own names, so that is why there is so much variation. There is no proper way to be named, they say. Any name is welcome here, be it simple or strange.
'"

He looks up at you, smiling softly. "That was from years ago. Once we learned the truth about our leader, things changed, yes. But we remain strong and welcoming and unified."

[WIP!]

Spr_B2W2_Emmet.png
Sym4.png
"There is no terminal called End in your life!"
Sym6.png Blue // they/he Sym5.png

Sym5.png Goals and Link DirectorySym6.png
Sym3.png
Spr_B2W2_Ingo.png
[center][size=6]Map[/size] [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/518464057955581964/588209139054936087/Clan-map.png[/img] [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/518464057955581964/588209163146887200/Clan-map-legend.png[/img] The Lair was only recently completed; before, it just had one central chamber, and was not an open-air system. As the Clan grew and expanded, so did the lair. Located in the plains of the Thunderhead Savannah, the Lair is a lot larger than it seems from above.[/center]
Map
Clan-map.png
Clan-map-legend.png
The Lair was only recently completed; before, it just had one central chamber, and was not an open-air system. As the Clan grew and expanded, so did the lair. Located in the plains of the Thunderhead Savannah, the Lair is a lot larger than it seems from above.
Spr_B2W2_Emmet.png
Sym4.png

Sym3.png
Spr_B2W2_Ingo.png
Main Chambers
First chamber lair organization:
First page = Leaders, healers, and other important dragons
Second page = guards and warriors
Third page = adventurers, hunters, and those who range far from the clan
Fourth page = scientists and historians
Fifth page = those with creative jobs
Sixth page = dragons and entities who are just vibin'
Seventh page = robots, techy dragons, and technicians

Second chamber lair organization:
First page = Important dragons
Second page = dragons with jobs
Third page = dragons and entities who are just vibin'
Fourth page = dragon kids!
Fifth page = robots, techy dragons, and technicians
Main Chambers
First chamber lair organization:
First page = Leaders, healers, and other important dragons
Second page = guards and warriors
Third page = adventurers, hunters, and those who range far from the clan
Fourth page = scientists and historians
Fifth page = those with creative jobs
Sixth page = dragons and entities who are just vibin'
Seventh page = robots, techy dragons, and technicians

Second chamber lair organization:
First page = Important dragons
Second page = dragons with jobs
Third page = dragons and entities who are just vibin'
Fourth page = dragon kids!
Fifth page = robots, techy dragons, and technicians
Spr_B2W2_Emmet.png
Sym4.png

Sym3.png
Spr_B2W2_Ingo.png
Areas 5-10
Areas 5-10
Spr_B2W2_Emmet.png
Sym4.png

Sym3.png
Spr_B2W2_Ingo.png
Areas 11-15
Areas 11-15
Spr_B2W2_Emmet.png
Sym4.png

Sym3.png
Spr_B2W2_Ingo.png
Areas 16-20
Areas 16-20
Spr_B2W2_Emmet.png
Sym4.png

Sym3.png
Spr_B2W2_Ingo.png
Entrance and Perimeter
Entrance and Perimeter
Spr_B2W2_Emmet.png
Sym4.png

Sym3.png
Spr_B2W2_Ingo.png
History of the Clan

The First Span:
The Gathering

The Clan of the Fractured Soul had very humble beginnings. In fact, it began with two dragons, Frond and Cyanrithaea. This couple moved into a den beneath a tree in the Thunderhead Savannah, not knowing exactly what their future would hold.

It turns out, their future was this Clan, founded without any plan or direction in mind. The first members were wanderers and those who had nowhere to call home, nomads who found themselves in the desert.

The four (currently) spans (like ages):

First Span (The Gathering): Frond gathers the clan, Soul becomes leader, they all consider him a soul fragment due to his immense power

Second Span (The Dissolution): it comes out that Soul is not a soul fragment but just very powerful, a portion of clan members leave but more stick around than expected, Soul vows to continue his leadership

Third Span (The Upswell): clan gains more members, begins to focus more on technology, completion of the lair caverns, adopt the Tribeam Hunter as second mascot

Fourth Span (The Underground): some dragons arrive... and immediately begin building a subway to connect the clan to other clans. Fractured Station, all aboard!
History of the Clan

The First Span:
The Gathering

The Clan of the Fractured Soul had very humble beginnings. In fact, it began with two dragons, Frond and Cyanrithaea. This couple moved into a den beneath a tree in the Thunderhead Savannah, not knowing exactly what their future would hold.

It turns out, their future was this Clan, founded without any plan or direction in mind. The first members were wanderers and those who had nowhere to call home, nomads who found themselves in the desert.

The four (currently) spans (like ages):

First Span (The Gathering): Frond gathers the clan, Soul becomes leader, they all consider him a soul fragment due to his immense power

Second Span (The Dissolution): it comes out that Soul is not a soul fragment but just very powerful, a portion of clan members leave but more stick around than expected, Soul vows to continue his leadership

Third Span (The Upswell): clan gains more members, begins to focus more on technology, completion of the lair caverns, adopt the Tribeam Hunter as second mascot

Fourth Span (The Underground): some dragons arrive... and immediately begin building a subway to connect the clan to other clans. Fractured Station, all aboard!
Spr_B2W2_Emmet.png
Sym4.png

Sym3.png
Spr_B2W2_Ingo.png
Warriors and Guards
Warriors and Guards
Spr_B2W2_Emmet.png
Sym4.png