Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | The Fortress of Ice - Rollocke
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 33 34
That will be fun :D
Also, I imagine it is nice being a Fire dragon in this environment, always having fire (and warmth) on hand.
That will be fun :D
Also, I imagine it is nice being a Fire dragon in this environment, always having fire (and warmth) on hand.
2WRv2Ib.jpg

@Drachenschwinge for users of magic, that's definitely true! though i don't think someone who can't use fire magic would benefit. i headcanon fire dragons' body temperatures are warmer than other dragons, but being surrounded by ice on all sides would seep it right out of you anyway D:
@Drachenschwinge for users of magic, that's definitely true! though i don't think someone who can't use fire magic would benefit. i headcanon fire dragons' body temperatures are warmer than other dragons, but being surrounded by ice on all sides would seep it right out of you anyway D:
The Fortress of Ice - Rollocke

tumblr_inline_nzqu0njNXM1tgh8q0_400.png

dottore... DOTTORE!!!
[center][font=Georgia][color=104984][b][size=5]Day 11[/size][/b][/color][/font] [font=Georgia][size=4][b]55[/b] Coliseum[/size][/font] Moroz, Harper and Asher did about 20 battles in the Training Fields and Woodland Path. All dragons reached Level 4. Unfortunately Asher did get knocked out, but he rolled a 6, meaning he's injured as opposed to dead. I'm also including a lore entry today! [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/e2ef31cd285982310ff93e3d1f5c0ec9/tumblr_inline_o23j4ayWtt1r3lvtf_500.png[/img][/center] About a dozen Impalers, along with a few of their pups, mingled about in a decently sized alcove. Spindle and Rin were watching them from a distance away, pressed close to the snow to stay out of sight. Spindle's heart was racing. This was risky. With so many of them, they'd definitely put up a fight if they discovered her and Rin. There was no way either of them could stand a chance against that kind of a force. As she mused on what to do, one of the Impalers broke off from the group and started a lone trek away from them. Spindle waited with baited breath, but none of the others followed it. Reminding Rin to stay quiet, she gestured towards its retreating form, and the two of them chased after it as carefully as they could manage. Rin's footing was better in the snow than the rocky lake bank, and she did a remarkably good job of keeping herself concealed. It was no wonder she'd sneaked up on Spindle like that earlier. Once they were close enough, Spindle instructed Rin to stay behind and wait, and she continued on alone. She'd never done this before, but she had practised her hunting technique on the insects, which had to count for something. Right? No time for hesitation now. She managed to get within a few feet of the Impaler, and then she made a run for it. Hearing the sudden noise, the Impaler whipped around, but Spindle was already on it. She wrestled with it, claws and teeth sinking blindly into its body. She hoped to win with her sheer size, but the Impaler was fighting for its life, and she underestimated how much power that could grant a creature. It hissed and bit and bucked, and then one of its carapace-covered feet stabbed Spindle in the shoulder. She cried out and her grip on it loosened a little.[i] No! I [/i]have [i]to win![/i] she thought desperately as the creature prepared to stab her again. Then a mass of feathers was upon the Impaler, and it growled in surprise. Spindle's first thought was that Moroz had come to save her again. But it wasn't Moroz. It was Rin, clinging to the Impaler's face and biting into the top of its boney head. Her attack did little damage, but it was distraction enough for Spindle to regain her footing and join in. She managed to clasp her teeth around the Impaler's throat, and things were over soon after that. With the creature finally dead, her and Rin plopped down on the ground, breathing heavily. When they exchanged glances, Spindle noted Rin looked rather shocked at her own actions. "You can fight?" she asked the Coatl, who looked uncertain. "No fights... Bad," Rin replied after she caught her breath. "But... Does good?" "Yes, you did very good," Spindle confirmed. "Thank you for helping me. I don't think I would've been okay on my own." The Mirror got up, and then winced as pain seared her shoulder. She looked down and saw a round opening in the flesh. She could feel the wound went deep. Stars... Getting back like this was one thing, but to carry the Impaler too? She didn't like her odds. "Hurting?" Rin asked, her big eyes reflecting concern. She walked up to stare at the wound. "Yeah," Spindle said. "But it's okay. It could be worse." "Helps," Rin said, sitting back on her haunches and reaching up her short hands towards Spindle's shoulder. Spindle reflexively leaned away, and Rin stopped. "No helps?" she asked, tilting her head. "You... know how to help?" "Helps." Rin nodded. Spindle wasn't sure how the little Coatl could help, but she supposed it wouldn't hurt to let her try. "Okay then," she agreed, and Rin stretched her hands to the wound again. The touch made Spindle grimace in pain again, but then she felt immediate relief. Her eyes widened as she watched a sunlight coloured light surrounding her shoulder and Rin's hands. After a few seconds, Rin pulled away, and Spindle's wound was all closed up. Spindle got to her feet, and to her amazement, there was no traces of the pain left. She gaped at Rin. "You're a [i]healer[/i]!" she exclaimed. Rin recoiled. She covered herself with her wings, apparently thinking Spindle was scolding her. "Bad..?" "No, no, this is amazing!" Spindle corrected, trying to keep her voice down, but her excitement made that difficult. Rin relaxed. "Good?" "Better than good. [i]Amazing[/i]," Spindle grinned. "You could help us so much! Will you come to the--" she cut herself off when she realised she'd almost said [i]Clan[/i]. No, no, her Clan was up above, in the lands of the Arcanist. "Uh, cave?" she finished awkwardly. Rin blinked, but as Spindle explained the situation to her, mentioning her two companions and Asher, she nodded eagerly. "Goes!" she agreed, and Spindle laughed. "Okay. Let's grab the Impaler and go. I'm sure Moroz won't mind." Will she? [center][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/e2ef31cd285982310ff93e3d1f5c0ec9/tumblr_inline_o23j4ayWtt1r3lvtf_500.png[/img] [size=2]@Rebbawskaced @Drachenschwinge I don't think I ever mentioned this, but Spindle is the offspring of my progenitors. The Arcane Clan she references is in fact my lair! I don't think it'll ever come into play in this story (or if it will, not for a long time), but I thought it'd be fun to point out! I also consider her and her nestmates being stolen as canon for my Clan lore. I might one day write a oneshot on how her parents and the rest of the Clan reacted to that.[/center]
Day 11

Coliseum

Moroz, Harper and Asher did about 20 battles in the Training Fields and Woodland Path. All dragons reached Level 4. Unfortunately Asher did get knocked out, but he rolled a 6, meaning he's injured as opposed to dead.

I'm also including a lore entry today!

tumblr_inline_o23j4ayWtt1r3lvtf_500.png

About a dozen Impalers, along with a few of their pups, mingled about in a decently sized alcove. Spindle and Rin were watching them from a distance away, pressed close to the snow to stay out of sight.

Spindle's heart was racing. This was risky. With so many of them, they'd definitely put up a fight if they discovered her and Rin. There was no way either of them could stand a chance against that kind of a force.

As she mused on what to do, one of the Impalers broke off from the group and started a lone trek away from them. Spindle waited with baited breath, but none of the others followed it. Reminding Rin to stay quiet, she gestured towards its retreating form, and the two of them chased after it as carefully as they could manage. Rin's footing was better in the snow than the rocky lake bank, and she did a remarkably good job of keeping herself concealed. It was no wonder she'd sneaked up on Spindle like that earlier.

Once they were close enough, Spindle instructed Rin to stay behind and wait, and she continued on alone. She'd never done this before, but she had practised her hunting technique on the insects, which had to count for something. Right?

No time for hesitation now. She managed to get within a few feet of the Impaler, and then she made a run for it. Hearing the sudden noise, the Impaler whipped around, but Spindle was already on it.

She wrestled with it, claws and teeth sinking blindly into its body. She hoped to win with her sheer size, but the Impaler was fighting for its life, and she underestimated how much power that could grant a creature. It hissed and bit and bucked, and then one of its carapace-covered feet stabbed Spindle in the shoulder. She cried out and her grip on it loosened a little. No! I have to win! she thought desperately as the creature prepared to stab her again.

Then a mass of feathers was upon the Impaler, and it growled in surprise. Spindle's first thought was that Moroz had come to save her again.

But it wasn't Moroz. It was Rin, clinging to the Impaler's face and biting into the top of its boney head.

Her attack did little damage, but it was distraction enough for Spindle to regain her footing and join in. She managed to clasp her teeth around the Impaler's throat, and things were over soon after that.

With the creature finally dead, her and Rin plopped down on the ground, breathing heavily. When they exchanged glances, Spindle noted Rin looked rather shocked at her own actions.

"You can fight?" she asked the Coatl, who looked uncertain.

"No fights... Bad," Rin replied after she caught her breath. "But... Does good?"

"Yes, you did very good," Spindle confirmed. "Thank you for helping me. I don't think I would've been okay on my own."

The Mirror got up, and then winced as pain seared her shoulder. She looked down and saw a round opening in the flesh. She could feel the wound went deep. Stars... Getting back like this was one thing, but to carry the Impaler too? She didn't like her odds.

"Hurting?" Rin asked, her big eyes reflecting concern. She walked up to stare at the wound.

"Yeah," Spindle said. "But it's okay. It could be worse."

"Helps," Rin said, sitting back on her haunches and reaching up her short hands towards Spindle's shoulder.

Spindle reflexively leaned away, and Rin stopped. "No helps?" she asked, tilting her head.

"You... know how to help?"

"Helps." Rin nodded.

Spindle wasn't sure how the little Coatl could help, but she supposed it wouldn't hurt to let her try. "Okay then," she agreed, and Rin stretched her hands to the wound again.

The touch made Spindle grimace in pain again, but then she felt immediate relief. Her eyes widened as she watched a sunlight coloured light surrounding her shoulder and Rin's hands.

After a few seconds, Rin pulled away, and Spindle's wound was all closed up. Spindle got to her feet, and to her amazement, there was no traces of the pain left.

She gaped at Rin. "You're a healer!" she exclaimed.

Rin recoiled. She covered herself with her wings, apparently thinking Spindle was scolding her. "Bad..?"

"No, no, this is amazing!" Spindle corrected, trying to keep her voice down, but her excitement made that difficult.

Rin relaxed. "Good?"

"Better than good. Amazing," Spindle grinned. "You could help us so much! Will you come to the--" she cut herself off when she realised she'd almost said Clan. No, no, her Clan was up above, in the lands of the Arcanist. "Uh, cave?" she finished awkwardly.

Rin blinked, but as Spindle explained the situation to her, mentioning her two companions and Asher, she nodded eagerly. "Goes!" she agreed, and Spindle laughed.

"Okay. Let's grab the Impaler and go. I'm sure Moroz won't mind."

Will she?

@Rebbawskaced @Drachenschwinge

I don't think I ever mentioned this, but Spindle is the offspring of my progenitors. The Arcane Clan she references is in fact my lair! I don't think it'll ever come into play in this story (or if it will, not for a long time), but I thought it'd be fun to point out! I also consider her and her nestmates being stolen as canon for my Clan lore. I might one day write a oneshot on how her parents and the rest of the Clan reacted to that.

dottore... DOTTORE!!!
I like Rin already :D

And yeah that might be a problem, except if you're a Tundra. Too much fluff.

(And wow, your progen Vincio is awesome :o Did you scatter him or did you have some incredible luck with his tert?)
I like Rin already :D

And yeah that might be a problem, except if you're a Tundra. Too much fluff.

(And wow, your progen Vincio is awesome :o Did you scatter him or did you have some incredible luck with his tert?)
2WRv2Ib.jpg

@Drachenschwinge thank you! vince was the progen i made myself, so i chose his colours. i remember i couldn't decide what colour to make his tert, and since it didn't show up anyway, i just thought 'eh, its boring but I'll just make it the same as the secondary', LOL. i had no idea xxx/xxy/xyy dragons would go on to be so well-liked!

gaia is the progen I'm scattering rn tho, bc her original colours were tragique. there's a link to the scatter thread in her bio if you're curious, tho its going slowly bc im poor hahah.
@Drachenschwinge thank you! vince was the progen i made myself, so i chose his colours. i remember i couldn't decide what colour to make his tert, and since it didn't show up anyway, i just thought 'eh, its boring but I'll just make it the same as the secondary', LOL. i had no idea xxx/xxy/xyy dragons would go on to be so well-liked!

gaia is the progen I'm scattering rn tho, bc her original colours were tragique. there's a link to the scatter thread in her bio if you're curious, tho its going slowly bc im poor hahah.

dottore... DOTTORE!!!
Wait a moment, you could choose your progen's tert?! When I joined in 2013 the tertiary was completely random. I remember being so happy when I got Maize on my custom Yor. I'm still debating if I should scatter my random progen Gandara, but the again she's wearing that skin for years now and it fits her lore soooo.....
Wait a moment, you could choose your progen's tert?! When I joined in 2013 the tertiary was completely random. I remember being so happy when I got Maize on my custom Yor. I'm still debating if I should scatter my random progen Gandara, but the again she's wearing that skin for years now and it fits her lore soooo.....
2WRv2Ib.jpg

@Drachenschwinge oh wow! i just did some reading on this and apparently some people who registered in 2013 remember choosing the tert, even though supposedly that was never an option.. i have a very clear memory of doing so!! I'd write a contact form for the team but now I'm afraid they'll change his tert if they find out! LOL
@Drachenschwinge oh wow! i just did some reading on this and apparently some people who registered in 2013 remember choosing the tert, even though supposedly that was never an option.. i have a very clear memory of doing so!! I'd write a contact form for the team but now I'm afraid they'll change his tert if they find out! LOL

dottore... DOTTORE!!!
I wouldn't worry too much about it, I don't think they'd do anything. If it is a glitch it isn't your fault after all :)
It's possible they changed that over the years too.
I wouldn't worry too much about it, I don't think they'd do anything. If it is a glitch it isn't your fault after all :)
It's possible they changed that over the years too.
2WRv2Ib.jpg

[center][font=Georgia][color=104984][b][size=5]Day 12[/size][/b][/color][/font] [font=Georgia][size=4][b]103[/b] New Dragon[/size][/font] Oh my GOSH!! This is ridiculous! But okay, say hello to Vannifer, our newest member: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51225226] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/512253/51225226_350.png[/img] [/url] Please look forward to officially meeting him in the lore in the next few updates, because I kind of need to wrap the current situation up before things get TOO crazy. For now, I won't include Vannifer in things like Death Streak days or Coliseum days, until he's been officially met by the rest of the cast. [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/e2ef31cd285982310ff93e3d1f5c0ec9/tumblr_inline_o23j4ayWtt1r3lvtf_500.png[/img][/center] Spindle didn't really know what she had expected when she returned. Maybe that Moroz would be back? Or that Asher would have woken up and felt better? Or Harper could have fallen asleep, and she'd shake him awake excitedly to share the news. Either way, it definitely wasn't the presence of another dragon. And judging by Harper's reaction, he hadn't expected for her to bring someone along either. "Who is that?" Spindle asked after she entered the cave and dropped the Impaler aside. Rin stayed behind her, suddenly shy. "This is Mara!" "I'm Mara." The Nocturne and Spiral exchanged glances and giggled. "I found her when I went out--" "You went out?" Spindle interrupted, annoyed. "You left Asher on his own?" Harper rolled his eyes. "He was fine! I didn't go far. I had to get-- well before that, who's your new companion?" "Her name is Rin," Spindle said, stepping aside to let them get a look at the Coatl. Rin winced and laid down on the ground, clearly resisting the urge to cover herself with her wings. Spindle felt a bit bad, but she was safe here. "I found her by the lake," the Mirror explained simply. "So what did you 'have to' get from the outside?" Harper grinned. "Come check this out." The two of them and Mara approached Asher. At first, Spindle found it hard to figure out what she was looking at. Harper noticed her predicament, and pointed at one of the crystals on the dragon's skin. Except, that one was a little different... It was larger, and it covered the place where Asher's wound had been. Spindle blinked. "What did you do?" "So, I figured if this guy's skin is made of crystals, and crystals are totally magical and special and all that, then surely using one would do some good! And look, it did!" Harper looked extremely proud of his handiwork. "Mara helped me get it out of a wall. Did you know how hard that is to do? They're wedged so deep in there, it's crazy..." Harper continued talking, but Spindle wasn't listening. She took a careful look at the wound. It was true that it had mainly closed up, with only hints of fleshy bits here and there. But it still looked odd, like it just didn't belong. "I don't know if placing it [i]on[/i] the wound was a good idea," she said, cutting Harper off. The Nocturne shrugged. "But it helped, though?" "Helps?" Three pairs of eyes (well, four, counting Spindle's additional pair) turned to look at Rin when she spoke up. The Coatl flinched, instinctively pressing herself to the ground again, but she looked over at Asher's sleeping form. "Helps..?" "Yes," Spindle agreed, stepping aside and making space for Rin. "What's going on?" Harper asked, watching in confusion as the Coatl inspected what remained of Asher's cut. "She knows how to heal," Spindle said. "With magic." "Wow." "Yeah." Rin placed her little hands on Asher's side, and soon enough that magic resembling sunlight gently enveloped the Nocturne's skin. Spindle heard Mara gasp in wonder, and she herself was mesmerised, too. It was beautiful, what Rin could do. And though Spindle's Clan had been mainly nocturnal, she still found herself missing the sun's rays. Rin closed her eyes in concentration, and it took her longer than healing Spindle's wound had. But eventually she stepped away, blinking tiredly. "Helps..." Spindle, Harper and Mara all leaned in to take a look. The green crystal was now barely distinguishable from the rest of Asher's skin, blending in seamlessly. No cuts or holes remained. It was as if he'd never been hurt at all. "Wow," Harper repeated. "Not even my Clan had magic tricks like that." Spindle smiled at Rin. "You did amazing. I knew you would!" Rin returned the smile, looking pleased. "Helps. Amazing," she said, and Spindle laughed. Asher stirred at the sound. There was a collective gasp, and all four of them fell silent, eager for him to awaken. "What's... going on?" Asher mumbled, slowly opening his eyes and raising his head. Four small dragons blinking curiously down at him must have been quite the sight to wake up to. The Nocturne froze for a moment, looking at each of them in turn. "Did... Did someone's nest hatch?" Spindle rolled her eyes, while Harper giggled. "Just don't worry about it. How are you feeling, Asher?" The Nocturne picked himself up to a sitting position. "Remarkably better," he commented, giving his wings a testing stretch. Then his expression turned suspicious. "What did you do?" Harper stuck his chest out proudly. "I figured it out! I put a crystal on your wound, and it healed up! Well, Rin helped," he added, and Rin beamed. But Asher didn't seem thankful. "You put a [i]crystal[/i] in my [i]wound[/i]? Have you gone mad?" Harper frowned. "What? It helped! I [i]helped[/i] you!" Spindle had a bad feeling. "Did we do something wrong?" Asher sighed. "I suppose you wouldn't know," he murmured under his nose. "Those crystals are not safe." "But your skin is [i]made[/i] of them!" Harper said defensively. "Yes... Alright, let me explain." All hatchlings instinctively huddled closer, curious to hear his words. "As you might have figured out, the crystals are magical. I'm sure you noticed they are also very numerous in the Underice. That's because they spread like wildfire." Asher paused, glancing down at himself. "What you see on my skin is the result of a disease. Those crystals are infectious." "...[i]What?[/i]" Spindle asked, her pulse quickening. "But we've spent hours around them! And we're not... infected!" ...Are they?! "Don't go panicking now," Asher said, and Spindle felt that was a poor attempt at reassuring her. "It's not so easy as that. The truth is, nobody knows what causes the infection. It seems to choose its victims at random. It does seem that does who have lived here for longer are more susceptible, but even that isn't a rule." Asher smiled, but Spindle didn't think he looked very happy as he went on. "Spend all your time around the crystals, or spend your life avoiding them. You'll catch the sickness either way, if it picks you." Spindle and Harper exchanged worried glances. Mara and Rin seemed a little out of the loop, but both of them looked equally concerned. "So it just... makes crystals grow on you?" asked Harper. Asher chuckled. "Your scales first, then your wings. And then... Well, stories say those infected become completely crystallised. Supposedly the statues are beautiful, but I don't think they can appreciate themselves. Since they're dead at that point, I assume." "Stories? So you don't know for sure?" "I suppose not. Few live long enough in the Underice to see the full effects of the sickness." Asher looked up, and seeing all of their scared faces, he added: "What I'm saying is, there's no point worrying about it. It might happen to you, it might not, and there's nothing you can do about it." The Nocturne then stretched a bit to get a look at his healed-over wound. "Well, I got worried out of habit, but I guess one more crystal in me won't make a difference at this point." "Wait a second." Harper got to his feet, taking a step back. "Are [i]dragons[/i] infectious, too?" Asher opened his mouth to reply, but then there was a huff of wind and a noise at the entrance of the cave. Everyone turned around, and Spindle recognised the tall, feathered form immediately. "What is going on here?" [center][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/e2ef31cd285982310ff93e3d1f5c0ec9/tumblr_inline_o23j4ayWtt1r3lvtf_500.png[/img] [size=2]@Rebbawskaced @Drachenschwinge [/center]
Day 12

New Dragon

Oh my GOSH!! This is ridiculous! But okay, say hello to Vannifer, our newest member:

51225226_350.png

Please look forward to officially meeting him in the lore in the next few updates, because I kind of need to wrap the current situation up before things get TOO crazy. For now, I won't include Vannifer in things like Death Streak days or Coliseum days, until he's been officially met by the rest of the cast.

Spindle didn't really know what she had expected when she returned. Maybe that Moroz would be back? Or that Asher would have woken up and felt better? Or Harper could have fallen asleep, and she'd shake him awake excitedly to share the news.

Either way, it definitely wasn't the presence of another dragon.

And judging by Harper's reaction, he hadn't expected for her to bring someone along either.

"Who is that?" Spindle asked after she entered the cave and dropped the Impaler aside. Rin stayed behind her, suddenly shy.

"This is Mara!"

"I'm Mara."

The Nocturne and Spiral exchanged glances and giggled. "I found her when I went out--"

"You went out?" Spindle interrupted, annoyed. "You left Asher on his own?"

Harper rolled his eyes. "He was fine! I didn't go far. I had to get-- well before that, who's your new companion?"

"Her name is Rin," Spindle said, stepping aside to let them get a look at the Coatl. Rin winced and laid down on the ground, clearly resisting the urge to cover herself with her wings. Spindle felt a bit bad, but she was safe here.

"I found her by the lake," the Mirror explained simply. "So what did you 'have to' get from the outside?"

Harper grinned. "Come check this out."

The two of them and Mara approached Asher.

At first, Spindle found it hard to figure out what she was looking at. Harper noticed her predicament, and pointed at one of the crystals on the dragon's skin. Except, that one was a little different...

It was larger, and it covered the place where Asher's wound had been. Spindle blinked. "What did you do?"

"So, I figured if this guy's skin is made of crystals, and crystals are totally magical and special and all that, then surely using one would do some good! And look, it did!" Harper looked extremely proud of his handiwork. "Mara helped me get it out of a wall. Did you know how hard that is to do? They're wedged so deep in there, it's crazy..."

Harper continued talking, but Spindle wasn't listening. She took a careful look at the wound. It was true that it had mainly closed up, with only hints of fleshy bits here and there. But it still looked odd, like it just didn't belong.

"I don't know if placing it on the wound was a good idea," she said, cutting Harper off.

The Nocturne shrugged. "But it helped, though?"

"Helps?"

Three pairs of eyes (well, four, counting Spindle's additional pair) turned to look at Rin when she spoke up. The Coatl flinched, instinctively pressing herself to the ground again, but she looked over at Asher's sleeping form. "Helps..?"

"Yes," Spindle agreed, stepping aside and making space for Rin.

"What's going on?" Harper asked, watching in confusion as the Coatl inspected what remained of Asher's cut.

"She knows how to heal," Spindle said. "With magic."

"Wow."

"Yeah."

Rin placed her little hands on Asher's side, and soon enough that magic resembling sunlight gently enveloped the Nocturne's skin. Spindle heard Mara gasp in wonder, and she herself was mesmerised, too. It was beautiful, what Rin could do. And though Spindle's Clan had been mainly nocturnal, she still found herself missing the sun's rays.

Rin closed her eyes in concentration, and it took her longer than healing Spindle's wound had. But eventually she stepped away, blinking tiredly. "Helps..."

Spindle, Harper and Mara all leaned in to take a look. The green crystal was now barely distinguishable from the rest of Asher's skin, blending in seamlessly. No cuts or holes remained. It was as if he'd never been hurt at all.

"Wow," Harper repeated. "Not even my Clan had magic tricks like that."

Spindle smiled at Rin. "You did amazing. I knew you would!"

Rin returned the smile, looking pleased. "Helps. Amazing," she said, and Spindle laughed.

Asher stirred at the sound. There was a collective gasp, and all four of them fell silent, eager for him to awaken.

"What's... going on?" Asher mumbled, slowly opening his eyes and raising his head.

Four small dragons blinking curiously down at him must have been quite the sight to wake up to. The Nocturne froze for a moment, looking at each of them in turn. "Did... Did someone's nest hatch?"

Spindle rolled her eyes, while Harper giggled. "Just don't worry about it. How are you feeling, Asher?"

The Nocturne picked himself up to a sitting position. "Remarkably better," he commented, giving his wings a testing stretch. Then his expression turned suspicious. "What did you do?"

Harper stuck his chest out proudly. "I figured it out! I put a crystal on your wound, and it healed up! Well, Rin helped," he added, and Rin beamed.

But Asher didn't seem thankful. "You put a crystal in my wound? Have you gone mad?"

Harper frowned. "What? It helped! I helped you!"

Spindle had a bad feeling. "Did we do something wrong?"

Asher sighed. "I suppose you wouldn't know," he murmured under his nose. "Those crystals are not safe."

"But your skin is made of them!" Harper said defensively.

"Yes... Alright, let me explain." All hatchlings instinctively huddled closer, curious to hear his words. "As you might have figured out, the crystals are magical. I'm sure you noticed they are also very numerous in the Underice. That's because they spread like wildfire." Asher paused, glancing down at himself. "What you see on my skin is the result of a disease. Those crystals are infectious."

"...What?" Spindle asked, her pulse quickening. "But we've spent hours around them! And we're not... infected!" ...Are they?!

"Don't go panicking now," Asher said, and Spindle felt that was a poor attempt at reassuring her. "It's not so easy as that. The truth is, nobody knows what causes the infection. It seems to choose its victims at random. It does seem that does who have lived here for longer are more susceptible, but even that isn't a rule."

Asher smiled, but Spindle didn't think he looked very happy as he went on. "Spend all your time around the crystals, or spend your life avoiding them. You'll catch the sickness either way, if it picks you."

Spindle and Harper exchanged worried glances. Mara and Rin seemed a little out of the loop, but both of them looked equally concerned.

"So it just... makes crystals grow on you?" asked Harper.

Asher chuckled. "Your scales first, then your wings. And then... Well, stories say those infected become completely crystallised. Supposedly the statues are beautiful, but I don't think they can appreciate themselves. Since they're dead at that point, I assume."

"Stories? So you don't know for sure?"

"I suppose not. Few live long enough in the Underice to see the full effects of the sickness." Asher looked up, and seeing all of their scared faces, he added: "What I'm saying is, there's no point worrying about it. It might happen to you, it might not, and there's nothing you can do about it." The Nocturne then stretched a bit to get a look at his healed-over wound. "Well, I got worried out of habit, but I guess one more crystal in me won't make a difference at this point."

"Wait a second." Harper got to his feet, taking a step back. "Are dragons infectious, too?"

Asher opened his mouth to reply, but then there was a huff of wind and a noise at the entrance of the cave. Everyone turned around, and Spindle recognised the tall, feathered form immediately.

"What is going on here?"

dottore... DOTTORE!!!
[center][font=Georgia][color=104984][b][size=5]Day 13[/size][/b][/color][/font] [font=Georgia][size=4][b]30[/b] Coliseum[/size][/font] Spindle, Moroz and Harper battled in the Woodland Path. Moroz and Harper went from level 4 to 5, and Spindle went from level 3 to 5. Notable drops: [item=cockatrice] [center][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/e2ef31cd285982310ff93e3d1f5c0ec9/tumblr_inline_o23j4ayWtt1r3lvtf_500.png[/img] [size=2]@Rebbawskaced @Drachenschwinge[/center]
Day 13

Coliseum

Spindle, Moroz and Harper battled in the Woodland Path. Moroz and Harper went from level 4 to 5, and Spindle went from level 3 to 5.

Notable drops:
Cockatrice

dottore... DOTTORE!!!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 33 34