Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | REMNANTS: Art Contest (Void) LAST DAY!
1 2 3 4
[center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/adopt/2572200/1][img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/1ec6/f/2018/323/3/0/remnants_logo_by_dembai-dcpi1og.png[/img][/url] (click the banner above to check out the store!) [img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/bb88/f/2018/323/1/b/splashomgwtf_by_dembai-dcsdipl.png[/img][/center] [b][size=150]Welcome to Remnants! [/size][/b] Not long ago a group of students got together to do research on an Ancient Device. They knew that it could sort and store all sorts of elemental magic, but when they finally got it working again, they discovered that it didn't just STORE elemental magic...it summoned beings made of those elements! Those beings are called Remnants! Remnants are sentient living elementals who are composed of whatever energy summoned them! *** This is a contest to win your very own Remnant! Our students got the Ancient Device working once again and the result is... [img]https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/intermediary/f/0e2528df-75e8-4b2b-8771-c5b21c54f6f9/dd0ujs3-adc8fc9d-b282-4ae4-8331-6cd5055cc13c.png[/img] This is the Remnant of VOID. While this newly summoned form may look a little childish, this elemental is as old as what it represents. And in the case of VOID, that's VERY old indeed. [b]This is an ART contest![/b] Anyone can enter - the only requirement is that you respond to the prompt below! (FR rules apply.) Entrants will be judged on the following prompt. [i][b]Void doesn't seem to care about much at all. But when this Remnant was summoned they were holding an object that they refused to part from. Please draw Void and their treasured object and explain why this nihilistic elemental seems to like it so much.[/b][/i][i](Keep it PG, lol)[/i] If you're wondering what Void is wearing exactly; a ratty pink bathrobe, bear-foot slippers, blue boxers and a stained white undershirt. USE THIS FORM! [code] USERNAME: REMNANT'S NAME: (what will you call them?) PRONOUNS: (How does Void present? Male/Female/Other) OBJECT: WHY DOES VOID LIKE IT?: (200 words max) PICTURE OF VOID AND OBJECT: (Your own art only, please. Stick figures are fine.) [/code] [b]CONTEST ENDS: MARCH 21st @10am EST[/b] (Please don't change the size of your text to be smaller. I'm old and I need new glasses. Bigger is fine. lol) [b]NOTE TO OWNERS: This is a Prime! Only owners of Non-Primes may enter. (don't worry, you'll have lots of chances to get Non-Primes of your own!)[/b]
remnants_logo_by_dembai-dcpi1og.png

(click the banner above to check out the store!)

splashomgwtf_by_dembai-dcsdipl.png

Welcome to Remnants!

Not long ago a group of students got together to do research on an Ancient Device. They knew that it could sort and store all sorts of elemental magic, but when they finally got it working again, they discovered that it didn't just STORE elemental magic...it summoned beings made of those elements!

Those beings are called Remnants! Remnants are sentient living elementals who are composed of whatever energy summoned them!

This is a contest to win your very own Remnant! Our students got the Ancient Device working once again and the result is...

dd0ujs3-adc8fc9d-b282-4ae4-8331-6cd5055cc13c.png

This is the Remnant of VOID. While this newly summoned form may look a little childish, this elemental is as old as what it represents. And in the case of VOID, that's VERY old indeed.

This is an ART contest!

Anyone can enter - the only requirement is that you respond to the prompt below! (FR rules apply.)

Entrants will be judged on the following prompt.

Void doesn't seem to care about much at all. But when this Remnant was summoned they were holding an object that they refused to part from. Please draw Void and their treasured object and explain why this nihilistic elemental seems to like it so much.(Keep it PG, lol)

If you're wondering what Void is wearing exactly; a ratty pink bathrobe, bear-foot slippers, blue boxers and a stained white undershirt.

USE THIS FORM!
Code:
USERNAME: REMNANT'S NAME: (what will you call them?) PRONOUNS: (How does Void present? Male/Female/Other) OBJECT: WHY DOES VOID LIKE IT?: (200 words max) PICTURE OF VOID AND OBJECT: (Your own art only, please. Stick figures are fine.)

CONTEST ENDS: MARCH 21st @10am EST

(Please don't change the size of your text to be smaller. I'm old and I need new glasses. Bigger is fine. lol)

NOTE TO OWNERS: This is a Prime! Only owners of Non-Primes may enter. (don't worry, you'll have lots of chances to get Non-Primes of your own!)
5gSLBV0.png
USERNAME: Quillis REMNANT'S NAME: Veo Lu PRONOUNS: Nonbinary They/Them OBJECT: A Magic Bowl of Cereal WHY DOES VOID LIKE IT?: This bowl never runs out of cereal and never gets soggy, like a horn of plenty or Cornucopia, while it cannot fill the void that he is, it completes and compliments him and he loves the sweet crunch. PICTURE OF VOID AND OBJECT: [img]https://i.imgur.com/5RXZtGs.png[/img]
USERNAME: Quillis
REMNANT'S NAME: Veo Lu
PRONOUNS: Nonbinary They/Them
OBJECT: A Magic Bowl of Cereal
WHY DOES VOID LIKE IT?: This bowl never runs out of cereal and never gets soggy, like a horn of plenty or Cornucopia, while it cannot fill the void that he is, it completes and compliments him and he loves the sweet crunch.
PICTURE OF VOID AND OBJECT: 5RXZtGs.png
dFnwkLI.png
pZJYyk4.png
ePOliyb.png
77780318.png77918481.png[/img]
Bump
Bump
YMPbu9R.png
l7opz91.png
kCHWEjf.png
sh5xjiu.png
mtHAEL4.png
gVI5OAO.png
u1wgsSN.png
gYW0j5f.png
3adgzZD.png
gpaaIlI.png
l8NOdbs.png
DkUJ4j9.png
USERNAME: XxNoodleNovaxX
REMNANT'S NAME: Eclipse
PRONOUNS: Female
OBJECT: Flowers
WHY DOES VOID LIKE IT?: Eclipse likes flowers, galactic ones in specific because flowers give her warmth of a faint memory. She isn't sure WHAT that memory is, but the memory is quite comforting.
PICTURE OF VOID AND OBJECT: Will be added by Monday, March 4th
USERNAME: XxNoodleNovaxX
REMNANT'S NAME: Eclipse
PRONOUNS: Female
OBJECT: Flowers
WHY DOES VOID LIKE IT?: Eclipse likes flowers, galactic ones in specific because flowers give her warmth of a faint memory. She isn't sure WHAT that memory is, but the memory is quite comforting.
PICTURE OF VOID AND OBJECT: Will be added by Monday, March 4th
J7D1quC.png
0zy2W7P.png
LEpJMnn.png
jA5A7gu.png
bump!
bump!
5gSLBV0.png
bump
bump
5gSLBV0.png
USERNAME: Relics REMNANT'S NAME: Nihil PRONOUNS: Male he/him OBJECT: Magic Mirror WHY DOES VOID LIKE IT?: Nihil doesn’t have a biological family, being a being of pure elemental power, and he has an almost complete inability to empathize, so it’s hard for him to have friends. However, the few he [i]does[/i] have, he’s very close to. They knew they might be separated, so they enchanted mundane objects - particularly mirrors and window panes - that could contact each other at any time in a video chat-like manner. When he came to this world, Nihil discovered his mirror no longer worked, but the emotional attatchedment prevented him from ever letting go. Nihil was nothing. But his friends were everything. He could never forget that. PICTURE OF VOID AND OBJECT: [img]https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/intermediary/f/723555a3-fe21-4be1-8d9e-be600a63a14f/dd10zvr-914f200a-bce5-4521-8f37-11b388600b74.jpg/v1/fill/w_400,h_534,q_70,strp/void_remnant_by_relic_clan_dd10zvr-fullview.jpg[/img] As an essence of void, light and shadow has no effect on Nihil. That’s why only his robes have shadows. Also, his mirror produces a little bit of light.
USERNAME: Relics
REMNANT'S NAME: Nihil
PRONOUNS: Male he/him
OBJECT: Magic Mirror
WHY DOES VOID LIKE IT?: Nihil doesn’t have a biological family, being a being of pure elemental power, and he has an almost complete inability to empathize, so it’s hard for him to have friends. However, the few he does have, he’s very close to. They knew they might be separated, so they enchanted mundane objects - particularly mirrors and window panes - that could contact each other at any time in a video chat-like manner. When he came to this world, Nihil discovered his mirror no longer worked, but the emotional attatchedment prevented him from ever letting go.
Nihil was nothing. But his friends were everything. He could never forget that.
PICTURE OF VOID AND OBJECT:
void_remnant_by_relic_clan_dd10zvr-fullview.jpg
As an essence of void, light and shadow has no effect on Nihil. That’s why only his robes have shadows. Also, his mirror produces a little bit of light.
Live today. Don’t wait for tomorrow.
sz13nwR.png
untitled_by_someoneanrgything-dbxcqk7.png
[b][u]USERNAME[/u]:[/b] mercurialwings [b][u]REMNANT'S NAME[/u]:[/b] Aegis [b][u]PRONOUNS[/u]:[/b] He/Him [b][u]OBJECT[/u]:[/b] Ball of Indeterminate Matter (i.e. silly putty) [b][u]WHY DOES VOID LIKE IT?[/u]:[/b] He claims that he only keeps this ball because it amuses him, but secretly does covets it. The ball is malleable to some degree and he uses this feature to prank others or use it as a prop randomly. It has been used as a clay replacement for when he was in his sculpting phase and as various sporting equipment (i.e. basketball, tennis racket and ball, etc.) when he's felt like experimenting with exercising. No matter what is done to it--and he's literally torn it to pieces in a rage once or twice--it always resets back into ball despite everything he has done to it. He finds comfort that nothing can harm it and that it will always return back to normal. He is not open about how valuable his prized possession is to him because he fears that others might try to use it as bribing/blackmailing material. [b][u]PICTURE OF VOID AND OBJECT[/u]:[/b] I'm going to apologize heavily in advance for the highly simplified version of Void in the following images... >.> [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/TWOq6dl.jpg[/img][/center] //Edit: Fixed wording.
USERNAME: mercurialwings

REMNANT'S NAME: Aegis
PRONOUNS: He/Him
OBJECT: Ball of Indeterminate Matter (i.e. silly putty)

WHY DOES VOID LIKE IT?: He claims that he only keeps this ball because it amuses him, but secretly does covets it. The ball is malleable to some degree and he uses this feature to prank others or use it as a prop randomly. It has been used as a clay replacement for when he was in his sculpting phase and as various sporting equipment (i.e. basketball, tennis racket and ball, etc.) when he's felt like experimenting with exercising. No matter what is done to it--and he's literally torn it to pieces in a rage once or twice--it always resets back into ball despite everything he has done to it. He finds comfort that nothing can harm it and that it will always return back to normal. He is not open about how valuable his prized possession is to him because he fears that others might try to use it as bribing/blackmailing material.

PICTURE OF VOID AND OBJECT: I'm going to apologize heavily in advance for the highly simplified version of Void in the following images... >.>
TWOq6dl.jpg

//Edit: Fixed wording.
Please copy-n-paste my name.
I have missed response
due to misspelling.
Thank you~

bump
bump
5gSLBV0.png
bump
bump
5gSLBV0.png