Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [Pinkerlocke] Fall of the Night
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 12 13
[center][size=5][color=#320089][font=courier new][b]Day 36[/b][/font][/color][/size] ----- [item=Juneflower] I spent today catching up on battles because I've been busy but I have big things planned for very soon ;) @/Drachenschwinge I hope you did well on your exams! Don't feel any rush to read them all <3 -----[/center] [b]"We have added security measures,"[/b] Raiya started. [b]"No going out of the lair without a buddy. No heading off anywhere without telling someone first."[/b] [b]"And no flying out in the rain in some random direction,"[/b] Orion added wryly with a teasing grin in Echo's direction. [b]"That was really kind of stupid though. I was told it was your idea, Echo. Didn't know you were so dumb sometimes," he teased. [/b] [b]"Hey!"[/b] But Echo was grinning too as she pretend whacked him. Raiya continued, unfazed. [b]"No leaving camp after dark too, which is frustrating because we used to do a lot of our building for our own Clan we're all building after dark."[/b] Night nodded. [b]"And there's patrols all the time too."[/b] [b]"Why?"[/b] Echo inquired. [b]"We're getting to that, silly,"[/b] Raiya smiled. [b]"There's been, well, do you remember what happened to your friend when you first got here?"[/b] Echo flinched. [b]"Lena?"[/b] Horrible memories came flooding back into her mind. Night reached out a wing and gently patted her in the back. [b]"Yeah."[/b] [b]"The Gloom's been doing more possessions. Five in the past week. Nine deaths,"[/b] Raiya said sadly. [b]"None of us knew them well-- they were from the other Clans around here. But it'll only be a matter of time before one of us gets taken."[/b] [b]"Nine?"[/b] Echo's heart dropped. [b]"You didn't tell her the scary part,"[/b] Cool reminded them. Echo blinked. He had been so quiet that she forgot he was even there. [b]"I was getting there,"[/b] Raiya restrained herself from rolling her eyes. [b]"Three of the possessed survived the Gloom. Which means they killed without knowing it and they didn't die from the shock of coming out of that state."[/b] Orion grimaced. [b]"They're being held in a [i]confined therapy room[/i]."[/b] He made little air quotation marks with his claws.[b] "It's basically prison, and they're miserable, and they're murderers so they probably deserve worse, but also it's not like they knew what they were doing." [/b] [b]"The problem is that from previous epidemics, dragonkind has learned the hard way that if someone survives a possession then the Gloom can easily get stronger and use their body more easily,"[/b] Raiya said. Echo looked crestfallen. [b]"Lots of dying? More?"[/b] [b]"Pretty much, and we can't stop it, so we're all doomed,"[/b] Orion announced. [b]"Anyways, on top of that fun news, we've finished the basic structure of the Clan's camp,"[/b] he said proudly. [b]"Ooh,"[/b] Echo's face lit up. Raiya beamed. [b]"It's amazing! We absolutely have to show you as soon as you're strong enough to fly out there. We've got a now very stable underground section, it's camouflaged by bamboo, it's got cool walls and stuff. You'll love it,"[/b] she said warmly. [b]"Oh, and also we forgot to mention, Night's been doing a lot of extra super impressive magic training."[/b] [b]"It's not that impressive,"[/b] Night said hastily. Echo swatted him. [b]"Awesome magic shows? Not impressive?"[/b] [b]"You haven't even seen half of what Prism can do with her ice when she wants to,"[/b] he answered shyly, a glimmer of pure admiration in his expression. [b]"But for me I meant the battle training part. Master's been teaching how to fight so I can protect you guys better next time."[/b] [b]"Shush, [i]I[/i] should have been protecting [i]you[/i] all,"[/b] Raiya said with a smile. Night smiled back with a half-shrug. [b]"Either way, Orion and Raiya say I'm an expert warrior now but it's not true. I guess you can come watch me tonight." [/b] Cool shook his head. [b]"Not tonight, remember? We're doing the healing pond drain. Unless you're backing out?"[/b] He glared at them all with a challenge in his tone. [b]"Whoa, chill, we're keeping our word,"[/b] Orion said, raising his eyebrows. [b]"Good,"[/b] was all Cool replied. Night suggested, [b]"Maybe you can explain that plan to Echo?"[/b] [b]"She's too late and half-dead to get involved,"[/b] Cool pointed out. [b]"So there's no point."[/b] [b]"Not true, I help!"[/b] Echo said eagerly. [b]"It's tonight and you can barely stand,"[/b] Cool said haughtily, looking down at her with disdain. [b]"You'll figure it out if you really want to know. Also, Prism's coming back to meet us. We're sneaking out and if you tell a soul I'll--"[/b] Orion cut him off. [b]"Whoa, back down on the threats. Echo's not gonna tattle."[/b] [b]"Yeah,"[/b] Echo said gratefully. [b]"I guess you go soon. Sun setting."[/b] [b]"Oh, I didn't even notice!"[/b] Raiya's eyes widened. [b]"Are you going through with the killing plan too?"[/b] Cool shrugged. [b]"It's Prism's plan, I do my part and she can choose if this was all for nothing or not."[/b] [b]"Wait, whah?"[/b] Echo looked between them, startled and bewildered. Night smiled apologetically. [b]"I'll give you all the details when we get back,"[/b] he promised. [b]"We're gonna leave now. I know you're not good at lying and stuff but please don't give anything away. We haven't told them about the pond because we're afraid dragons will try to go there and they'll get killed."[/b] Echo gave him a hug. [b]"Okay! Don't die! Sounds dangerous." [/b] Night tilted his head. [b]"I guess it is. But we'll be ready."[/b] ----- [center]@Sugarkit @Aetherstorm @Drachenschwinge @zombieshed ----- I'm just buying time now with all this filler stuff XD Are you guys excited for Trickmurk Circus? I'm surprised I timed the plot this well since I mentioned before that Raiya wanted to get their Clan built by Trickmurk and now it's almost done right before it's here! [/center]
Day 36
Juneflower
I spent today catching up on battles because I've been busy but I have big things planned for very soon ;)

@/Drachenschwinge
I hope you did well on your exams! Don't feel any rush to read them all <3
"We have added security measures," Raiya started. "No going out of the lair without a buddy. No heading off anywhere without telling someone first."

"And no flying out in the rain in some random direction," Orion added wryly with a teasing grin in Echo's direction. "That was really kind of stupid though. I was told it was your idea, Echo. Didn't know you were so dumb sometimes," he teased.

"Hey!" But Echo was grinning too as she pretend whacked him.

Raiya continued, unfazed. "No leaving camp after dark too, which is frustrating because we used to do a lot of our building for our own Clan we're all building after dark."

Night nodded. "And there's patrols all the time too."

"Why?" Echo inquired.

"We're getting to that, silly," Raiya smiled. "There's been, well, do you remember what happened to your friend when you first got here?"

Echo flinched. "Lena?" Horrible memories came flooding back into her mind.

Night reached out a wing and gently patted her in the back. "Yeah."

"The Gloom's been doing more possessions. Five in the past week. Nine deaths," Raiya said sadly. "None of us knew them well-- they were from the other Clans around here. But it'll only be a matter of time before one of us gets taken."

"Nine?" Echo's heart dropped.

"You didn't tell her the scary part," Cool reminded them. Echo blinked. He had been so quiet that she forgot he was even there.

"I was getting there," Raiya restrained herself from rolling her eyes. "Three of the possessed survived the Gloom. Which means they killed without knowing it and they didn't die from the shock of coming out of that state."

Orion grimaced. "They're being held in a confined therapy room." He made little air quotation marks with his claws. "It's basically prison, and they're miserable, and they're murderers so they probably deserve worse, but also it's not like they knew what they were doing."

"The problem is that from previous epidemics, dragonkind has learned the hard way that if someone survives a possession then the Gloom can easily get stronger and use their body more easily," Raiya said.

Echo looked crestfallen. "Lots of dying? More?"

"Pretty much, and we can't stop it, so we're all doomed," Orion announced. "Anyways, on top of that fun news, we've finished the basic structure of the Clan's camp," he said proudly.

"Ooh," Echo's face lit up.

Raiya beamed. "It's amazing! We absolutely have to show you as soon as you're strong enough to fly out there. We've got a now very stable underground section, it's camouflaged by bamboo, it's got cool walls and stuff. You'll love it," she said warmly. "Oh, and also we forgot to mention, Night's been doing a lot of extra super impressive magic training."

"It's not that impressive," Night said hastily.

Echo swatted him. "Awesome magic shows? Not impressive?"

"You haven't even seen half of what Prism can do with her ice when she wants to," he answered shyly, a glimmer of pure admiration in his expression. "But for me I meant the battle training part. Master's been teaching how to fight so I can protect you guys better next time."

"Shush, I should have been protecting you all," Raiya said with a smile.

Night smiled back with a half-shrug. "Either way, Orion and Raiya say I'm an expert warrior now but it's not true. I guess you can come watch me tonight."

Cool shook his head. "Not tonight, remember? We're doing the healing pond drain. Unless you're backing out?" He glared at them all with a challenge in his tone.

"Whoa, chill, we're keeping our word," Orion said, raising his eyebrows.

"Good," was all Cool replied.

Night suggested, "Maybe you can explain that plan to Echo?"

"She's too late and half-dead to get involved," Cool pointed out. "So there's no point."

"Not true, I help!" Echo said eagerly.

"It's tonight and you can barely stand," Cool said haughtily, looking down at her with disdain. "You'll figure it out if you really want to know. Also, Prism's coming back to meet us. We're sneaking out and if you tell a soul I'll--"

Orion cut him off. "Whoa, back down on the threats. Echo's not gonna tattle."

"Yeah," Echo said gratefully. "I guess you go soon. Sun setting."

"Oh, I didn't even notice!" Raiya's eyes widened. "Are you going through with the killing plan too?"

Cool shrugged. "It's Prism's plan, I do my part and she can choose if this was all for nothing or not."

"Wait, whah?" Echo looked between them, startled and bewildered.

Night smiled apologetically. "I'll give you all the details when we get back," he promised. "We're gonna leave now. I know you're not good at lying and stuff but please don't give anything away. We haven't told them about the pond because we're afraid dragons will try to go there and they'll get killed."

Echo gave him a hug. "Okay! Don't die! Sounds dangerous."

Night tilted his head. "I guess it is. But we'll be ready."
@Sugarkit @Aetherstorm @Drachenschwinge @zombieshed
I'm just buying time now with all this filler stuff XD
Are you guys excited for Trickmurk Circus? I'm surprised I timed the plot this well since I mentioned before that Raiya wanted to get their Clan built by Trickmurk and now it's almost done right before it's here!
NZ8D4KR.png
I edit my posts too much because grammar and fixing things that don't sound right. You have been warned. ^^
[center][size=5][color=#320089][font=courier new][b]Day 37[/b][/font][/color][/size] ----- [item=Pelagas Feathers] Hello I'm sorry for skipping again and you probably don't even care but oh well XD -----[/center] Prism had it all ready. The pond-- they had dug out a long trench the past week. It was mostly her and Cool doing all the work, but they had found a giant underground cave that leads nowhere for all the cursed liquid to flow into and never be found again. Speaking of Cool, Prism's view of him had changed. He didn't talk much and when he did it was usually some cynical, hateful comment. But yet he had stayed and helped her all this time when he kept telling her about how much he wanted to leave. So many times, she wished she could slyly tell him to just leave if he wanted to so badly, but didn't have the heart. She still didn't know exactly what his story was. Now, Prism stood right outside her old friends' range. One step in and they would attack any dragon that wasn't herself. She saw the boundary, like blue graph paper, a dome across the never-ending, stretching sky. Was she really about to kill them? [b]"I am simply a robot,"[/b] she said to herself fiercely. [b]"I do not have feelings. I have no heart but I know when to show mercy. This must be done."[/b] [b]"Our little robot buddy's having doubts?"[/b] Orion's grinning voice came up from behind. Prism didn't know why but she found Orion even more irritating than Cool. What was it with young dragons these days? Of course, her body was still quite young too, but her mind felt like it carried hundreds of years of knowledge. [b]"Eavesdropping and teasing are both very rude, Orion,"[/b] Prism said calmly. [b]"So are you all ready?"[/b] Night didn't look so sure, and to Prism's surprise, Raiya didn't either. Those two both always had some sort of inner confidence she couldn't quite place. Orion was backwards. And Cool... well, Cool was a different story. Interesting. [b]"Let's get it over with and then I can leave,"[/b] Cool muttered. Prism nodded her head. [b]"And then I may finally leave too. Now, I have started the draining this morning and it is almost completely gone. When the last bit of liquid makes it past this line I drew here,"[/b] she motioned as she instructed. [b]"That is when Orion, Cool, Night, and I shall attack."[/b] [b]"What about me?"[/b] Raiya asked. [b]"You will stand guard. Help the injured get out. Make sure the magic healing liquid is flowing out smoothly. You would not agree to attack with us, correct?"[/b] [b]"Yeah,"[/b] Raiya said, looking grateful. [b]"Thanks."[/b] [b]"She's a coward,"[/b] Cool said. Night frowned, standing up to Cool for once. [b]"She's just moral, Cool. It doesn't really have anything to do with courage."[/b] [b]"Whatever."[/b] Prism smiled grimly, a very robotic smile but a smile nonetheless. [b]"Let us not argue, and I believe we will all survive. The fighters-- your task is to distract the others while I take care of them one by one. Understand?"[/b] [b]"Yep,"[/b] Orion said. He grinned. [b]"Can we have a party afterwards?"[/b] [b]"Sure, I'm sure we'll all gladly celebrate your broken ego,"[/b] Raiya shot back. Orion doubled back and put his claws over his heart as if he were just stabbed, but he was laughing. [b]"Ouch,"[/b] he said. [b]"Didn't know you had that in you."[/b] [b]"No more joking around,"[/b] Prism snapped. Couldn't they get how serious thi was? [b]"We have a job to do." [/b] [b]"Yes ma'am,"[/b] everyone said. Cool muttered it very reluctantly after everyone else finished saying it. Prism gave them all a stern stare. [b]"Good."[/b] ----- [center]@Sugarkit @Aetherstorm @Drachenschwinge @zombieshed ----- Happy Trickmurk Circus! I am so getting a fun shadow update in here somewhere. The skins this year are sooo and I'm going to be so broke :P [/center]
Day 37
Pelagas Feathers
Hello I'm sorry for skipping again and you probably don't even care but oh well XD
Prism had it all ready.

The pond-- they had dug out a long trench the past week. It was mostly her and Cool doing all the work, but they had found a giant underground cave that leads nowhere for all the cursed liquid to flow into and never be found again.

Speaking of Cool, Prism's view of him had changed. He didn't talk much and when he did it was usually some cynical, hateful comment. But yet he had stayed and helped her all this time when he kept telling her about how much he wanted to leave. So many times, she wished she could slyly tell him to just leave if he wanted to so badly, but didn't have the heart.

She still didn't know exactly what his story was.

Now, Prism stood right outside her old friends' range. One step in and they would attack any dragon that wasn't herself. She saw the boundary, like blue graph paper, a dome across the never-ending, stretching sky.

Was she really about to kill them?

"I am simply a robot," she said to herself fiercely. "I do not have feelings. I have no heart but I know when to show mercy. This must be done."

"Our little robot buddy's having doubts?" Orion's grinning voice came up from behind.

Prism didn't know why but she found Orion even more irritating than Cool. What was it with young dragons these days? Of course, her body was still quite young too, but her mind felt like it carried hundreds of years of knowledge.

"Eavesdropping and teasing are both very rude, Orion," Prism said calmly. "So are you all ready?"

Night didn't look so sure, and to Prism's surprise, Raiya didn't either. Those two both always had some sort of inner confidence she couldn't quite place. Orion was backwards. And Cool... well, Cool was a different story. Interesting.

"Let's get it over with and then I can leave," Cool muttered.

Prism nodded her head. "And then I may finally leave too. Now, I have started the draining this morning and it is almost completely gone. When the last bit of liquid makes it past this line I drew here," she motioned as she instructed. "That is when Orion, Cool, Night, and I shall attack."

"What about me?" Raiya asked.

"You will stand guard. Help the injured get out. Make sure the magic healing liquid is flowing out smoothly. You would not agree to attack with us, correct?"

"Yeah," Raiya said, looking grateful. "Thanks."

"She's a coward," Cool said.

Night frowned, standing up to Cool for once. "She's just moral, Cool. It doesn't really have anything to do with courage."

"Whatever."

Prism smiled grimly, a very robotic smile but a smile nonetheless. "Let us not argue, and I believe we will all survive. The fighters-- your task is to distract the others while I take care of them one by one. Understand?"

"Yep," Orion said. He grinned. "Can we have a party afterwards?"

"Sure, I'm sure we'll all gladly celebrate your broken ego," Raiya shot back.

Orion doubled back and put his claws over his heart as if he were just stabbed, but he was laughing. "Ouch," he said. "Didn't know you had that in you."

"No more joking around," Prism snapped. Couldn't they get how serious thi was? "We have a job to do."

"Yes ma'am," everyone said. Cool muttered it very reluctantly after everyone else finished saying it.

Prism gave them all a stern stare. "Good."
@Sugarkit @Aetherstorm @Drachenschwinge @zombieshed
Happy Trickmurk Circus! I am so getting a fun shadow update in here somewhere. The skins this year are sooo and I'm going to be so broke :P
NZ8D4KR.png
I edit my posts too much because grammar and fixing things that don't sound right. You have been warned. ^^
@SpiceCookie

Could you add me to the pinglist please?
I'm so excited to see how this goes!
@SpiceCookie

Could you add me to the pinglist please?
I'm so excited to see how this goes!
lightning.gif x
eGiN2Xv.png --
WuLeD0x.png
x
» Autumn
» they/he/she
» FR+8
@IcyWolfDragon
Of course! I'm so glad you like it! I'll add you right away so expect another ping to the front post ^^
@IcyWolfDragon
Of course! I'm so glad you like it! I'll add you right away so expect another ping to the front post ^^
NZ8D4KR.png
[center][size=5][color=#320089][font=courier new][b]Day 38[/b][/font][/color][/size] ----- [item=Berserker] ...oh -----[/center] It was when Cool took one step into the territory. That was when all chaos broke loose. Akurra came spinning out of nowhere, knocking the wind out of Cool. [b]"We meet again!"[/b] she cackled. Cool struggled and kicked her slimy body off of him, towards Prism, and then dove into the sky. [b]"Get away from me,"[/b] he shouted the moment he managed to get Akurra to let go of her death grasp. He didn't see if Prism got hold of her or not but he desperately hoped she did. Immediately after, a black and white skydancer flew at him. He dodged and the skydancer's claws slashed across his back. Agonizing pain burned Cool's spine and he faltered in the air. [i]This is Ibex,[/i] he remembered somehow. [i]Akurra's son.[/i] He kept flying, but Ibex wasn't chasing him. That wasn't good. Prism said their job was to distract. Cool swooped around in a U-turn and found Pio beating his giant wings hard, shooting towards Prism. [b]"Hello!"[/b] he bellowed, but it wasn't friendly. Cool ducked in front of the Imperial and whammed into his huge body to stop him from getting to Prism, who now had Akurra safe in her clutches. [b]"Agck!"[/b] The wind was knocked out of him for a moment and he started falling. A tangible cloud poofed up under Cool and he landed on it with a surprised 'oof'. After catching his breath, he looked up to see Night waving at him, a cautious smile on his face. Cool begrudgingly nodded at him. [b]"Thanks,"[/b] he called. [b]"Sure,"[/b] Night looked delighted for a second, but then focused again. The Nocturne had really learned a lot this past week. He was taking on Ibex with Orion next to him. Night would cast a spell or shoot a bolt and then Orion would go in and confuse the Skydancer by leading him further away and then back and then in circles. Cool then turned his gaze to Prism She had a cold and merciless look on her robot face. Ice was frosting over Akurra's body, from her clawtips and ears slowly inwards, inwards, until only her glowing eyes looked alive. Cool looked away, uncomfortable. [i]Whoosh.[/i] Pio's wings swooshed by Cool suddenly. [b]"You will not succeed!"[/b] he declared loudly. Cool jumped up and darted in front of him, taunting the big Imperial. Without hesitation, he chased after Cool. Cool flapped faster, doing quick turns here and there so that he wouldn't catch up to him. He kept flying, soaring, and then doubling back or sharply twisting to the left. [b]"Come back!"[/b] Pio called in frustration every time Cool barely escaped him. [b]"I will catch you!"[/b] It was a while later that Cool decided to try flying back. Prism probably had enough time to get both Ibex and Akurra now. He felt bad, leading Pio to a death trap, but one look at his possessed white glowing eyes and Cool decided. It wasn't a dragon he was looking at anymore, it was the Gloom. A heartless monster. [b]"You cannot keep escaping me!"[/b] Cool knew he was getting tired. He was slowing, and not dodging as quickly. Flying at high speeds for a long time does that to you. But Pio didn't have a mind of his own. He couldn't get tired and if he did then the Gloom would just keep pushing him on. They were almost there, if only Cool could find Prism. A claw grabbed Cool's tail. [b]"Aha!"[/b] the deep voice behind him roared. Cool whipped around and thrashed his tail, but that slowed him down even more. And then there were claws around his neck. He choked silently, unable to move. [i]I believe we will all survive[/i], he remembered Prism saying earlier and let out a miserable laugh. The claws were sharp, certain, ready to tear out Cool's throat and then he would have given his life for this silly, stupid cause. But it was for Prism. And she was Cool's friend. That felt weird to think, especially since she was a robot. But he did end up liking being Prism's friend. These thoughts flashed through his head as he tried to pry away the claws, push himself upwards and take a breath. Please, just one breath. It hurt. The edges of his sight threatened to give away to darkness. Where did all the air go? Cool gasped, strangled. Why hadn't Pio crushed him yet? [i]Splat.[/i] Pinkish-red liquid dripped into Cool's eye. He howled. A hard shell bonked Cool on the head. [b]"Ah! What is this?!" [/b] And then air came rushing at him as Cool was released into cold, fresh sky. He collapsed mid-air and fell hard into the ground. All his muscles screamed. He wished he could black out and not deal with the pain. He wondered if he had broken all his bones, but what he had heard when he fell was not a [i]crack[/i] but a [i]thud[/i]. He wanted to close his eyes. Instead, he lifted his head, straining. "Ouch," he mumbled. Cool's thoughts drifted here and there. He tried to focus his eyes but it was blurry. It was all blurry. On Pio's snout there was... there was half of... [b]"a watermelon?"[/b] Cool wondered aloud. And the other part of it was crashed, crumbled on the ground. Cool was too dazed to recognize how absolutely, hilariously funny it was. Who was this someone, throwing a watermelon at Pio's face? They had perfect aim, too. The Imperial shook his head and... and was that Prism with a limp, frozen Ibex in her arms? Cool coughed weakly and rubbed his eyes with one arm. Prism was heading towards the still slightly shocked Pio now. Before she reached the Imperial, however, [i]another watermelon[/i] came flying at Pio. It struck the back of his head, and the big dragon stumbled forwards and wailed with anger. [b]"How dare you throw this stupid [i]fruit[/i] at me!"[/b] he barked as he lost his balance and fell on his face. There was a repressed laugh. A half-ashamed giggle. Cool registered it as Echo's, but his dizzy head didn't realize that she wasn't supposed to be here. Prism had now put herself in a position on the Imp's back that he couldn't reach with his claws. Slowly, the ice spread. [b]"Get off!"[/b] Pio said, squirming at the cold. [b]"Why can I not move?"[/b] He would take the longest to freeze, but Prism had learned to freeze the senses first in one of Night's magic classes, and the Imperial would not be able to move as long as she touched him. His dead, glowing eyes stared right at Cool the whole time and Cool could feel it burning into his scales even after he turned away. It was maybe half an hour later. That was when-- [b]"Wait, Prism, why--"[/b] Pio's eyes flickered. He was almost completely iced over, his systems were shutting down and it was just his face left. But the glowing flickered. And then it disappeared. The glowing, the possession. Gone. The Imperial's real eyes were Arcane pink. They rolled, in agony. His voice contained no pride when he spoke. [b]"Prism?"[/b] It was a broken whisper. Prism flew off of his back in shock. And the freezing spell broke. Pio let out a yell of pure pain, and with a burst of energy shattered the ice covering him before thudding to the ground, shivering. But still, his eyes weren't glowing. Prism stared at Pio, unmoving. Even as the ice shards came flying at her. One of the bigger ice pieces impaled itself, harshly, into Prism's chest. The robot stood still, taking the stabbing, silently. She was still stiff when her eyes glazed, when a beeping noise came from inside her and a fire smoked on her tail. A fire, of all things for Prism. The ground around her melted. Prism's balance left her and she fell sideways, still stiff in the same position as before. Her internal computers exploded into a cloud of smoke when she hit the ground. Voices had died. The ice robot had given up into fire. ----- [center]@Sugarkit @Aetherstorm @Drachenschwinge @zombieshed @IcyWolfDragon ----- Oh my deities that was rough TT-TT My poor, poor robot ice child *cries* I meant to get this out yesterday but my Internet went down, so I just extended it. I hope you um enjoyed it? I do really wish I got to develop Prism's character more and show more of her relationships. Tomorrow's going to be an interesting update too but I'm going to be super busy so it might come out Thursday instead. [/center]
Day 38
Berserker
...oh
It was when Cool took one step into the territory.

That was when all chaos broke loose.

Akurra came spinning out of nowhere, knocking the wind out of Cool. "We meet again!" she cackled.

Cool struggled and kicked her slimy body off of him, towards Prism, and then dove into the sky. "Get away from me," he shouted the moment he managed to get Akurra to let go of her death grasp. He didn't see if Prism got hold of her or not but he desperately hoped she did.

Immediately after, a black and white skydancer flew at him. He dodged and the skydancer's claws slashed across his back. Agonizing pain burned Cool's spine and he faltered in the air. This is Ibex, he remembered somehow. Akurra's son.

He kept flying, but Ibex wasn't chasing him. That wasn't good. Prism said their job was to distract. Cool swooped around in a U-turn and found Pio beating his giant wings hard, shooting towards Prism. "Hello!" he bellowed, but it wasn't friendly.

Cool ducked in front of the Imperial and whammed into his huge body to stop him from getting to Prism, who now had Akurra safe in her clutches. "Agck!" The wind was knocked out of him for a moment and he started falling.

A tangible cloud poofed up under Cool and he landed on it with a surprised 'oof'. After catching his breath, he looked up to see Night waving at him, a cautious smile on his face. Cool begrudgingly nodded at him. "Thanks," he called.

"Sure," Night looked delighted for a second, but then focused again. The Nocturne had really learned a lot this past week. He was taking on Ibex with Orion next to him. Night would cast a spell or shoot a bolt and then Orion would go in and confuse the Skydancer by leading him further away and then back and then in circles.

Cool then turned his gaze to Prism She had a cold and merciless look on her robot face. Ice was frosting over Akurra's body, from her clawtips and ears slowly inwards, inwards, until only her glowing eyes looked alive. Cool looked away, uncomfortable.

Whoosh. Pio's wings swooshed by Cool suddenly. "You will not succeed!" he declared loudly.

Cool jumped up and darted in front of him, taunting the big Imperial. Without hesitation, he chased after Cool. Cool flapped faster, doing quick turns here and there so that he wouldn't catch up to him.

He kept flying, soaring, and then doubling back or sharply twisting to the left.

"Come back!" Pio called in frustration every time Cool barely escaped him. "I will catch you!"

It was a while later that Cool decided to try flying back. Prism probably had enough time to get both Ibex and Akurra now. He felt bad, leading Pio to a death trap, but one look at his possessed white glowing eyes and Cool decided. It wasn't a dragon he was looking at anymore, it was the Gloom. A heartless monster.

"You cannot keep escaping me!"

Cool knew he was getting tired. He was slowing, and not dodging as quickly. Flying at high speeds for a long time does that to you.

But Pio didn't have a mind of his own. He couldn't get tired and if he did then the Gloom would just keep pushing him on. They were almost there, if only Cool could find Prism.

A claw grabbed Cool's tail. "Aha!" the deep voice behind him roared.

Cool whipped around and thrashed his tail, but that slowed him down even more.

And then there were claws around his neck. He choked silently, unable to move.

I believe we will all survive, he remembered Prism saying earlier and let out a miserable laugh. The claws were sharp, certain, ready to tear out Cool's throat and then he would have given his life for this silly, stupid cause.

But it was for Prism. And she was Cool's friend. That felt weird to think, especially since she was a robot. But he did end up liking being Prism's friend. These thoughts flashed through his head as he tried to pry away the claws, push himself upwards and take a breath.

Please, just one breath. It hurt.

The edges of his sight threatened to give away to darkness. Where did all the air go? Cool gasped, strangled. Why hadn't Pio crushed him yet?

Splat.

Pinkish-red liquid dripped into Cool's eye. He howled. A hard shell bonked Cool on the head.

"Ah! What is this?!"

And then air came rushing at him as Cool was released into cold, fresh sky. He collapsed mid-air and fell hard into the ground.

All his muscles screamed. He wished he could black out and not deal with the pain. He wondered if he had broken all his bones, but what he had heard when he fell was not a crack but a thud. He wanted to close his eyes.

Instead, he lifted his head, straining. "Ouch," he mumbled.

Cool's thoughts drifted here and there. He tried to focus his eyes but it was blurry. It was all blurry.

On Pio's snout there was... there was half of... "a watermelon?" Cool wondered aloud. And the other part of it was crashed, crumbled on the ground. Cool was too dazed to recognize how absolutely, hilariously funny it was. Who was this someone, throwing a watermelon at Pio's face? They had perfect aim, too.

The Imperial shook his head and... and was that Prism with a limp, frozen Ibex in her arms? Cool coughed weakly and rubbed his eyes with one arm. Prism was heading towards the still slightly shocked Pio now.

Before she reached the Imperial, however, another watermelon came flying at Pio. It struck the back of his head, and the big dragon stumbled forwards and wailed with anger. "How dare you throw this stupid fruit at me!" he barked as he lost his balance and fell on his face.

There was a repressed laugh. A half-ashamed giggle. Cool registered it as Echo's, but his dizzy head didn't realize that she wasn't supposed to be here.

Prism had now put herself in a position on the Imp's back that he couldn't reach with his claws. Slowly, the ice spread.

"Get off!" Pio said, squirming at the cold. "Why can I not move?"

He would take the longest to freeze, but Prism had learned to freeze the senses first in one of Night's magic classes, and the Imperial would not be able to move as long as she touched him.

His dead, glowing eyes stared right at Cool the whole time and Cool could feel it burning into his scales even after he turned away.

It was maybe half an hour later.

That was when--

"Wait, Prism, why--"

Pio's eyes flickered. He was almost completely iced over, his systems were shutting down and it was just his face left.

But the glowing flickered.

And then it disappeared. The glowing, the possession. Gone.

The Imperial's real eyes were Arcane pink. They rolled, in agony. His voice contained no pride when he spoke. "Prism?" It was a broken whisper.

Prism flew off of his back in shock. And the freezing spell broke. Pio let out a yell of pure pain, and with a burst of energy shattered the ice covering him before thudding to the ground, shivering.

But still, his eyes weren't glowing.

Prism stared at Pio, unmoving. Even as the ice shards came flying at her.

One of the bigger ice pieces impaled itself, harshly, into Prism's chest.

The robot stood still, taking the stabbing, silently.

She was still stiff when her eyes glazed, when a beeping noise came from inside her and a fire smoked on her tail. A fire, of all things for Prism.

The ground around her melted.

Prism's balance left her and she fell sideways, still stiff in the same position as before. Her internal computers exploded into a cloud of smoke when she hit the ground.

Voices had died.

The ice robot had given up into fire.
@Sugarkit @Aetherstorm @Drachenschwinge @zombieshed @IcyWolfDragon
Oh my deities that was rough TT-TT My poor, poor robot ice child *cries*

I meant to get this out yesterday but my Internet went down, so I just extended it. I hope you um enjoyed it? I do really wish I got to develop Prism's character more and show more of her relationships.

Tomorrow's going to be an interesting update too but I'm going to be super busy so it might come out Thursday instead.
NZ8D4KR.png
Cn I bed added to the pinglist
Cn I bed added to the pinglist
wQA8k.gif fy4en.gif

MRJWRkO.png
Noooooooo!!!!!!!!! Prism!!!!!
Noooooooo!!!!!!!!! Prism!!!!!
@Solaristigres
Sure! I'll add you now so you'll get a ping to the front page ^^'

@Sugarkit
I'm soooorrrryy e.e
@Solaristigres
Sure! I'll add you now so you'll get a ping to the front page ^^'

@Sugarkit
I'm soooorrrryy e.e
NZ8D4KR.png
[center][size=5][color=#320089][font=courier new][b]Day 39[/b][/font][/color][/size] ----- [item=Oozing Tusk] A material ^^ I'm surprised I'm even getting an update out today oof -----[/center] Down the trench of healing liquid, another crisis was occurring. A place where the swirling water stopped moving forwards. Raiya flew along it, racking her brains for ideas. The trench was downhill, but this area was flat. However, the water was shallow enough that they could probably cover the area with soil and it would just be absorbed into the plant life nearby. Hopefully they wouldn't all start sprouting and burning. She worked quickly and quietly, taking the soil piled up nearby from digging earlier and filling in the area, until all the liquid was covered. Raiya was out of breath by the time it was done, when a patch of dirt layered over the liquid and no one would ever get hurt from too much healing magic again. Maybe someone would one day plant a garden here and find that their sores would disappear and their headaches would vanish when they stood here. The thought made her smile. When Raiya flew back to where the fight was, the first thing she saw was Orion lying unmoving on the ground. A floppy green shape of swirls. Raiya's heart jumped to her throat and stubbornly lodged itself there. [b]"Hey, Orion,"[/b] Raiya said when she reached him. He didn't react. Raiya tried to stop herself from panicking. She leaned over him, and-- and Orion's eyes flew open. He grinned, and Raiya flinched backwards. "I got you," he said, laughing. [b]"Orion! That was scary,"[/b] Raiya scolded him, trying not to show how terribly relieved she was. She gently pushed her heart back into her chest where it was supposed to go. [b]"Come on, we have to check up on the others."[/b] [b]"Yeah, stupid Echo decided to follow us. I mean, she was pretty helpful. Threw two whole watermelons at that big Imperial's face. It worked surprisingly well,"[/b] Orion said, nodding wisely as he spoke. Raiya stared at him. [b]"[i]Echo[/i] came? Oh my Windsinger."[/b] [b]"And I think Cool's hurt too, and I don't know where Night is."[/b] Raiya looked around. Cool was lying in the grass a little while away, and Night was nowhere to be seen. They would have to find him later. [b]"And Prism?"[/b] Orion closed his eyes for a moment, quietly. [b]"She-- well, you'll see."[/b] That wasn't a good sign. [b]"Are you getting up?"[/b] Raiya asked him. Orion winced. [b]"Give me a moment."[/b] He bravely grinned at Raiya again. [b]"I'm fine."[/b] Raiya met his gaze, trying to hide her worry behind a smile. [b]"You better be."[/b] [b]"Raiya!"[/b] Echo's little voice called. [b]"I threw watermelon! But, but Prism..."[/b] [b]"Oh, Echo,"[/b] Raiya found the little Nocturne wobbling, leaning against a rock. [b]"You were supposed to stay back!"[/b] [b]"I know, but Agnessa said find you guys,"[/b] Echo said sadly. Raiya cursed, [b]"Pine needles, Agnessa found out we were gone."[/b] [b]"Yeah. Sorry."[/b] Raiya grimaced at her. [b]"Okay, you don't move. I'm gonna go get Cool."[/b] She headed out to the limp blue shape amidst all the light green. Cool's eyes were hollow with shock.[b] "Cool, what?"[/b] Raiya asked. He only coughed in response. So Raiya lifted her gaze, and... and there it was. A smoking, melting, very familiar robot friend. Raiya sunk into the ground. [b]"I'm sorry, Cool."[/b] [b]"Whatever,"[/b] Cool said roughly. [b]"I get to leave now either way. I don't care."[/b] [b]"Yeah you do."[/b] The look on Cool's face was one so full of forcefully masked hurt that Raiya's heart broke for him. [b]"I [i]don't[/i] care anymore,"[/b] he snapped. [b]"I don't. I've cared too much and now is the time to just stop. The moment I can fly I am leaving."[/b] [b] "Okay."[/b] Raiya didn't argue this time. She wanted to say, '[i]Oh, Cool, you don't mean that,[/i]' because after a while of knowing him she knew he had a heart, and she knew bad things had happened to him. She knew that he had told Prism his story at one point and now, well, Prism was gone. She looked back over at Prism's broken, singed parts, in disbelief. The sassy, strange-toned Coatl looked so strange without her ice, with the spark in her eyes. Even if it was all some science program thing. It felt like magic. But they couldn't stay there forever. Raiya got up. [b]"Did you break anything?"[/b] Cool didn't answer. [b]"Have you seen Night?"[/b] Raiya tried again. Still no reply. Miserably, Raiya went back to Orion, who was now sitting. She pulled him up to his feet. [b]"Ouch that hurts,"[/b] Orion said.[b] "Also, we may have a small problem over there. Well, actually it's kind of a big one but I don't know how big."[/b] Raiya turned. Her blood chilled. Of course. Prism had, had died. How did she not see it before? Prism was the only one who could have taken them all down, but someone else took her down first. Pio had survived. And he was walking towards them now. ----- [center]@Sugarkit @Aetherstorm @Drachenschwinge @zombieshed @IcyWolfDragon @Solaristigres ----- Ack I'm running out of time to do the Trickmurk update! [emoji=ridgeback sad][emoji=ridgeback scared] [/center]
Day 39
Oozing Tusk
A material ^^ I'm surprised I'm even getting an update out today oof
Down the trench of healing liquid, another crisis was occurring.

A place where the swirling water stopped moving forwards. Raiya flew along it, racking her brains for ideas.

The trench was downhill, but this area was flat. However, the water was shallow enough that they could probably cover the area with soil and it would just be absorbed into the plant life nearby. Hopefully they wouldn't all start sprouting and burning.

She worked quickly and quietly, taking the soil piled up nearby from digging earlier and filling in the area, until all the liquid was covered.

Raiya was out of breath by the time it was done, when a patch of dirt layered over the liquid and no one would ever get hurt from too much healing magic again. Maybe someone would one day plant a garden here and find that their sores would disappear and their headaches would vanish when they stood here. The thought made her smile.

When Raiya flew back to where the fight was, the first thing she saw was Orion lying unmoving on the ground. A floppy green shape of swirls. Raiya's heart jumped to her throat and stubbornly lodged itself there.

"Hey, Orion," Raiya said when she reached him.

He didn't react.

Raiya tried to stop herself from panicking. She leaned over him, and-- and Orion's eyes flew open. He grinned, and Raiya flinched backwards. "I got you," he said, laughing.

"Orion! That was scary," Raiya scolded him, trying not to show how terribly relieved she was. She gently pushed her heart back into her chest where it was supposed to go. "Come on, we have to check up on the others."

"Yeah, stupid Echo decided to follow us. I mean, she was pretty helpful. Threw two whole watermelons at that big Imperial's face. It worked surprisingly well," Orion said, nodding wisely as he spoke.

Raiya stared at him. "Echo came? Oh my Windsinger."

"And I think Cool's hurt too, and I don't know where Night is."

Raiya looked around. Cool was lying in the grass a little while away, and Night was nowhere to be seen. They would have to find him later. "And Prism?"

Orion closed his eyes for a moment, quietly. "She-- well, you'll see."

That wasn't a good sign.

"Are you getting up?" Raiya asked him.

Orion winced. "Give me a moment." He bravely grinned at Raiya again. "I'm fine."

Raiya met his gaze, trying to hide her worry behind a smile. "You better be."

"Raiya!" Echo's little voice called. "I threw watermelon! But, but Prism..."

"Oh, Echo," Raiya found the little Nocturne wobbling, leaning against a rock. "You were supposed to stay back!"

"I know, but Agnessa said find you guys," Echo said sadly.

Raiya cursed, "Pine needles, Agnessa found out we were gone."

"Yeah. Sorry."

Raiya grimaced at her. "Okay, you don't move. I'm gonna go get Cool." She headed out to the limp blue shape amidst all the light green.

Cool's eyes were hollow with shock. "Cool, what?" Raiya asked. He only coughed in response.

So Raiya lifted her gaze, and... and there it was. A smoking, melting, very familiar robot friend. Raiya sunk into the ground. "I'm sorry, Cool."

"Whatever," Cool said roughly. "I get to leave now either way. I don't care."

"Yeah you do."

The look on Cool's face was one so full of forcefully masked hurt that Raiya's heart broke for him. "I don't care anymore," he snapped. "I don't. I've cared too much and now is the time to just stop. The moment I can fly I am leaving."

"Okay." Raiya didn't argue this time. She wanted to say, 'Oh, Cool, you don't mean that,' because after a while of knowing him she knew he had a heart, and she knew bad things had happened to him. She knew that he had told Prism his story at one point and now, well, Prism was gone.

She looked back over at Prism's broken, singed parts, in disbelief. The sassy, strange-toned Coatl looked so strange without her ice, with the spark in her eyes. Even if it was all some science program thing. It felt like magic.

But they couldn't stay there forever. Raiya got up. "Did you break anything?"

Cool didn't answer.

"Have you seen Night?" Raiya tried again.

Still no reply.

Miserably, Raiya went back to Orion, who was now sitting. She pulled him up to his feet. "Ouch that hurts," Orion said. "Also, we may have a small problem over there. Well, actually it's kind of a big one but I don't know how big."

Raiya turned. Her blood chilled.

Of course. Prism had, had died. How did she not see it before? Prism was the only one who could have taken them all down, but someone else took her down first.

Pio had survived.

And he was walking towards them now.
@Sugarkit @Aetherstorm @Drachenschwinge @zombieshed @IcyWolfDragon @Solaristigres
Ack I'm running out of time to do the Trickmurk update!
NZ8D4KR.png
@SpiceCookie Finally caught up and oh man, not Prism T-T I was just about to write how funny it were if she had a [item=Clattercog Engineer] as a familiar and imagining it doing maintenance on her xD But Orion's [i]cool[/i], I really like him :D
@SpiceCookie Finally caught up and oh man, not Prism T-T I was just about to write how funny it were if she had a Clattercog Engineer as a familiar and imagining it doing maintenance on her xD

But Orion's cool, I really like him :D
2WRv2Ib.jpg

1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 12 13