Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [Pinkerlocke] Fall of the Night
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13
[center][size=5][color=#320089][font=courier new][b]Day 4[/b][/font][/color][/size] ----- [item=Orthoclase] Still haven't gotten food yet -_- 10 battles! -----[/center] Echo arrived at the edge of the civilization a few seconds after Lena even though she got a head start. She didn't think much of it; she had always been terrible at flying. Probably because she lived a long, long life before this one-- these two?-- as a Snapper. This reminded her of the dark Nocturne and she shuddered. [b]"Look!"[/b] Lena was absolutely jubilant. [b]"A Marketplace! Let's go, let's go! I wonder if anyone's offering hot air balloon rides?"[/b] she let out a gasp of excitement. [b]"I can't wait!"[/b] Echo perked up. [b]"Hot air balloon?"[/b] She always wanted to ride in one of those. She was surprised that she had never gotten the chance yet. [b]"YES! Let's go see!"[/b] Lena pulled Echo behind her as the two sprinted to the somewhat organized cluster of stands and tents ahead. As they arrived, Echo gazed around at the bustling area in wonder. It was amazing to have so many dragons in one place, talking and communicating. She observed it but didn't walk up to anyone. It was happening so fast and Echo knew she could only talk slow right now. Lena, on the other hand, was simply thriving, running from one shop to another, chatting with each shop owner for a maximum of ten seconds before running off to the next stop. She got a free necklace from one tent and immediately traded it for a little cute wooden flute, and then swapped that for a stuffed fox plush. [b]"This place has, like, everything!"[/b] Lena was breathless when she returned to Echo, who had done a surprisingly good job of keeping up. [b]"Everything!"[/b] Echo nodded. Lena beamed. They had reached a grassy plain, the end of the marketplace. [b]"Is-- is that all?"[/b] Echo asked. Lena shook her head. She pointed with a trembling claw, literally unable to keep still from anticipation. [b]"Oh my gosh! It's a hot air balloon!"[/b] she shrieked. [b]"Let's go ask for a ride!"[/b] [b]"A ride!"[/b] Echo bounced up and down, delighted. She followed Lena to the dragons at the very last stand with a giant hot air balloon next to them. Lena approached the dragon standing there bravely. [b]"Yo, can we get a ride on this baby?"[/b] she asked, probably trying to sound cool and failing hard. The owner smiled at her naive eagerness. [b]"You got anything to trade?"[/b] [center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=48089446&skin=0&apparel=365,25182,25184,23022&xt=dressing.png[/img][/center] Lena held out her fox plushie without a moment of hesitation. [b]"This! The finest fox plushie in the world, don't you think?"[/b] The coatl laughed. "[b]My buddy down the street gives out those for nearly nothing,"[/b] he chuckled. [b]"But since you two are hatchlings I'll let you in."[/b] [b]"Hooray!"[/b] Echo chimed in. [b]"Aren't you two cute?"[/b] the owner grinned and shook his head. [b]"The name's Cliff, by the way. All right, I'll fly with you since I don't think you have any idea how to control this thing. Climb in!"[/b] Echo led the way this time, eagerly planting herself into the basket at the bottom of the giant balloon. She grabbed the edge and pulled herself up so that she could see. Lena plopped down next to her a moment later, and Cliff came in last. [b]"Here we go!"[/b] Cliff cried, breathing glorious magical fire into the balloon's opening above them. Echo and Lena exchanged absolutely thrilled glances as the balloon slowly rose off the ground. Echo couldn't believe how amazing it was. She had been in the sky before; they were dragons after all. But this was so peaceful, so calm compared to flying or even riding on another's back. It was restful, tranquil, a gentle breeze on a sunny day, amidst the clouds. Echo was entranced. They lifted into the sky gradually, no one saying a word. Cliff finally spoke in a whisper, [b]"The view's still dazzling, even after a million times."[/b] He blew another breath of magical fire into the balloon. [b]"It's beautiful,"[/b] Lena breathed. [b]"Beautiful,"[/b] Echo agreed. ----- [center]@Sugarkit ----- This was so wholesome and pure ahh <3 [/center]
Day 4
Orthoclase
Still haven't gotten food yet -_- 10 battles!
Echo arrived at the edge of the civilization a few seconds after Lena even though she got a head start. She didn't think much of it; she had always been terrible at flying. Probably because she lived a long, long life before this one-- these two?-- as a Snapper.

This reminded her of the dark Nocturne and she shuddered.

"Look!" Lena was absolutely jubilant. "A Marketplace! Let's go, let's go! I wonder if anyone's offering hot air balloon rides?" she let out a gasp of excitement. "I can't wait!"

Echo perked up. "Hot air balloon?" She always wanted to ride in one of those. She was surprised that she had never gotten the chance yet.

"YES! Let's go see!" Lena pulled Echo behind her as the two sprinted to the somewhat organized cluster of stands and tents ahead.

As they arrived, Echo gazed around at the bustling area in wonder. It was amazing to have so many dragons in one place, talking and communicating. She observed it but didn't walk up to anyone. It was happening so fast and Echo knew she could only talk slow right now.

Lena, on the other hand, was simply thriving, running from one shop to another, chatting with each shop owner for a maximum of ten seconds before running off to the next stop. She got a free necklace from one tent and immediately traded it for a little cute wooden flute, and then swapped that for a stuffed fox plush.

"This place has, like, everything!" Lena was breathless when she returned to Echo, who had done a surprisingly good job of keeping up.

"Everything!" Echo nodded. Lena beamed.

They had reached a grassy plain, the end of the marketplace. "Is-- is that all?" Echo asked.

Lena shook her head. She pointed with a trembling claw, literally unable to keep still from anticipation. "Oh my gosh! It's a hot air balloon!" she shrieked. "Let's go ask for a ride!"

"A ride!" Echo bounced up and down, delighted. She followed Lena to the dragons at the very last stand with a giant hot air balloon next to them.

Lena approached the dragon standing there bravely. "Yo, can we get a ride on this baby?" she asked, probably trying to sound cool and failing hard.

The owner smiled at her naive eagerness. "You got anything to trade?"
dragon?did=48089446&skin=0&apparel=365,25182,25184,23022&xt=dressing.png

Lena held out her fox plushie without a moment of hesitation. "This! The finest fox plushie in the world, don't you think?"

The coatl laughed. "My buddy down the street gives out those for nearly nothing," he chuckled. "But since you two are hatchlings I'll let you in."

"Hooray!" Echo chimed in.

"Aren't you two cute?" the owner grinned and shook his head. "The name's Cliff, by the way. All right, I'll fly with you since I don't think you have any idea how to control this thing. Climb in!"

Echo led the way this time, eagerly planting herself into the basket at the bottom of the giant balloon. She grabbed the edge and pulled herself up so that she could see. Lena plopped down next to her a moment later, and Cliff came in last.

"Here we go!" Cliff cried, breathing glorious magical fire into the balloon's opening above them.

Echo and Lena exchanged absolutely thrilled glances as the balloon slowly rose off the ground. Echo couldn't believe how amazing it was. She had been in the sky before; they were dragons after all. But this was so peaceful, so calm compared to flying or even riding on another's back. It was restful, tranquil, a gentle breeze on a sunny day, amidst the clouds. Echo was entranced.

They lifted into the sky gradually, no one saying a word.

Cliff finally spoke in a whisper, "The view's still dazzling, even after a million times." He blew another breath of magical fire into the balloon.

"It's beautiful," Lena breathed.

"Beautiful," Echo agreed.
@Sugarkit
This was so wholesome and pure ahh <3
NZ8D4KR.png
I edit my posts too much because grammar and fixing things that don't sound right. You have been warned. ^^
@SpiceCookie
*kicks down door*
HoW dID I Not NoTiCe ThAt ThIs EXIStED?

Sign me up, please!
@SpiceCookie
*kicks down door*
HoW dID I Not NoTiCe ThAt ThIs EXIStED?

Sign me up, please!
oie-6215725-UHAIb-VYJ.png
AzWEmYL.png Call me Ari!
AzWEmYL.png FR +3
AzWEmYL.png He/She/They
_________________________________ genderfluid.png
@Aetherstorm

Haha sure! :D Expect another ping for when I add you to the list ^^'
@Aetherstorm

Haha sure! :D Expect another ping for when I add you to the list ^^'
NZ8D4KR.png
I edit my posts too much because grammar and fixing things that don't sound right. You have been warned. ^^
Yay hot air balloons!!
Yay hot air balloons!!
[center][size=5][color=#320089][font=courier new][b]Day 5[/b][/font][/color][/size] ----- [item=Renegade Dartling] Seafood! Also this update is gonna be short cuz I don't have time, but there'll be a longer one tomorrow to make up for it ^^ -----[/center] Cool flew away from the two crazy hatchlings, shaking his head. He was glad to get away from them. He liked the sky-- his blue scales of course blended better with the ocean, but nonetheless it was nice to have a bit of camouflage in the Windswept land of green. Using the sun's position, Cool knew where to go. He was heading, north, to the Scarred Wasteland. The stories about dragons there that he knew made him feel better about himself; the brutal things they did made his crime seem like almost nothing. But of course he still felt guilty. He knew it would never go away. He flew slowly but steadily, peacefully. There was no real rush. He had no companions, no one to appease, no one to slow him down or put pressure on him. It was one of the benefits of travelling alone. After a while of flying, Cool looked below him and saw dragons, dozens of dragons going into and coming out of bright colored lively tents. There seemed to be a bustling marketplace? Perhaps he should stop and check it out. He tucked his head in, putting his tail out for balance, completely ready to make a dive... ... and rammed headfirst into a surprisingly hard fabric puffy thing. He felt one of his horns penetrate the thin fabric of the object. There was a loud rush of air. [i]Uh oh,[/i] Cool thought. And that was the only thing he had time to think before the hot air balloon in front of him began deflating. Cool pulled out his horn and, in shock, watched as the hot air balloon shrunk, the hole he'd made getting wider and wider as fabric ripped apart, the entire thing spiraling towards the ground. [i]Uh oh[/i] was beginning to seem like an understatement. Cool flew down, following the balloon. In the basket was a tall coatl, panicking as he tried to figure out what was going on. [b]"Jump out!"[/b] the coatl yelled at the seemingly empty air. He leaped into the sky, catching himself with his wings. [b]"Hurry!"[/b] And behind him climbed out... what was her name-- Lena? The crazy skydancer from before. How'd they get here so fast? Cool's mind whirled as Lena sprung from the hot air balloon, fell a solid four feet, and then spread her wings. She seemed to be laughing instead of terrified; that was a good sign, right? Cool really hoped he wasn't in big trouble. Finally, as Cool expected, was the little Nocturne, who nervously looked at the ground, far, far away, and then vaulted herself out of the basket. She fell... and didn't stop falling. There was a terrified squeak. [b]"I'll save you!"[/b] Lena shouted, diving down. Cool flew towards the ground at the same time, hoping to catch the little Nocturne-- Echo, right?-- before she crashed. He was almost there. He got under the plummeting Echo, ready for her to land softly on her back. And then Cool collided with the feathery shape of Lena. He bounced backwards, frustration boiling inside. Of course something had to go wrong. When he recovered, he saw Echo had been saved and was riding on the coatl's back. Relieved, he headed for the grass even though he didn't want to. He was probably going to be yelled at and then he'd have to stay to find a way to fix the balloon or pay for a new one somehow. It would probably take a long time since he didn't have much with him. He didn't want to spend a long time here. The coatl, Echo, and Lena all approached Cool after they landed. They watched the hot air balloon completely deflate and then collapse to the ground pitifully in the distance. [b]"Welp,"[/b] Cool muttered to himself, dread taking over. [b]"That was such an adventure! The poor balloon, though. Cliff, Echo, don't you agree?"[/b] Lena skipped around Echo, probably still hyper from adrenaline. [b]"It was a disaster!"[/b] the coatl, who Cool assumed was Cliff, shook his head in horror. [b]"My hot air balloon! Do you know how long it took me to build that thing?"[/b] he glared at Cool, thoroughly annoyed. [b]"You better have some way to repay me, young man. You understand?"[/b] Echo patted Cool's shoulder sympathetically as he nodded tensely, staring at the ground. [b]"Yes, sir."[/b] ----- [center]@Sugarkit @Aetherstorm ----- rip hot air balloon ;-;[/center]
Day 5
Renegade Dartling
Seafood! Also this update is gonna be short cuz I don't have time, but there'll be a longer one tomorrow to make up for it ^^
Cool flew away from the two crazy hatchlings, shaking his head. He was glad to get away from them.

He liked the sky-- his blue scales of course blended better with the ocean, but nonetheless it was nice to have a bit of camouflage in the Windswept land of green.

Using the sun's position, Cool knew where to go. He was heading, north, to the Scarred Wasteland. The stories about dragons there that he knew made him feel better about himself; the brutal things they did made his crime seem like almost nothing. But of course he still felt guilty. He knew it would never go away.

He flew slowly but steadily, peacefully. There was no real rush. He had no companions, no one to appease, no one to slow him down or put pressure on him. It was one of the benefits of travelling alone.

After a while of flying, Cool looked below him and saw dragons, dozens of dragons going into and coming out of bright colored lively tents. There seemed to be a bustling marketplace? Perhaps he should stop and check it out.

He tucked his head in, putting his tail out for balance, completely ready to make a dive...

... and rammed headfirst into a surprisingly hard fabric puffy thing.

He felt one of his horns penetrate the thin fabric of the object. There was a loud rush of air.

Uh oh, Cool thought.

And that was the only thing he had time to think before the hot air balloon in front of him began deflating.

Cool pulled out his horn and, in shock, watched as the hot air balloon shrunk, the hole he'd made getting wider and wider as fabric ripped apart, the entire thing spiraling towards the ground.

Uh oh was beginning to seem like an understatement.

Cool flew down, following the balloon. In the basket was a tall coatl, panicking as he tried to figure out what was going on.

"Jump out!" the coatl yelled at the seemingly empty air. He leaped into the sky, catching himself with his wings. "Hurry!"

And behind him climbed out... what was her name-- Lena? The crazy skydancer from before. How'd they get here so fast?

Cool's mind whirled as Lena sprung from the hot air balloon, fell a solid four feet, and then spread her wings. She seemed to be laughing instead of terrified; that was a good sign, right? Cool really hoped he wasn't in big trouble.

Finally, as Cool expected, was the little Nocturne, who nervously looked at the ground, far, far away, and then vaulted herself out of the basket. She fell... and didn't stop falling. There was a terrified squeak.

"I'll save you!" Lena shouted, diving down.

Cool flew towards the ground at the same time, hoping to catch the little Nocturne-- Echo, right?-- before she crashed.

He was almost there. He got under the plummeting Echo, ready for her to land softly on her back.

And then Cool collided with the feathery shape of Lena. He bounced backwards, frustration boiling inside. Of course something had to go wrong.

When he recovered, he saw Echo had been saved and was riding on the coatl's back. Relieved, he headed for the grass even though he didn't want to. He was probably going to be yelled at and then he'd have to stay to find a way to fix the balloon or pay for a new one somehow. It would probably take a long time since he didn't have much with him. He didn't want to spend a long time here.

The coatl, Echo, and Lena all approached Cool after they landed. They watched the hot air balloon completely deflate and then collapse to the ground pitifully in the distance. "Welp," Cool muttered to himself, dread taking over.

"That was such an adventure! The poor balloon, though. Cliff, Echo, don't you agree?" Lena skipped around Echo, probably still hyper from adrenaline.

"It was a disaster!" the coatl, who Cool assumed was Cliff, shook his head in horror. "My hot air balloon! Do you know how long it took me to build that thing?" he glared at Cool, thoroughly annoyed. "You better have some way to repay me, young man. You understand?"

Echo patted Cool's shoulder sympathetically as he nodded tensely, staring at the ground. "Yes, sir."
@Sugarkit @Aetherstorm
rip hot air balloon ;-;
NZ8D4KR.png
Poor hot air balloon
Poor hot air balloon
@Sugarkit
Yep lol

He will forever be in our hearts
@Sugarkit
Yep lol

He will forever be in our hearts
NZ8D4KR.png
[b][/b][center][size=5][color=#320089][font=courier new][b]Day 6[/b][/font][/color][/size] ----- [item=Scholar] welp -----[/center] [b]"So where should we go now?"[/b] Lena chirped at Echo and Cool. [b]"This one's staying with me,"[/b] Cliff said, nodding stiffly at Cool. [b]"I'll give you a choice. You gonna come here and work for me every day for at least a few weeks, you gonna find a way to build me a new balloon, or you gonna trade me something real valuable."[/b] Cool clenched his teeth. [b]"I'll figure something out."[/b] [b]"Well as long as you let me know by dawn tomorrow,"[/b] Cliff said dismissively. [b]"I trust you to keep your word, don't make me regret it, son."[/b] He added to Lena and Echo, [b]"I'm off now to assess the damages. Sorry that your ride was interrupted, girls."[/b] [b]"Salty much?"[/b] Cool muttered under his breath as Cliff left. Lena laughed. [b]"Don't be such a downer, Cool! You'll only be stuck here for like a month and plus you'll learn stuff! I love learning."[/b] [b]"Well, I don't,"[/b] Cool rolled his eyes. [b]"I'm getting out of here as soon as I can. You wanna help me steal something?"[/b] [b]"No!"[/b] Lena's eyes widened. [b]"Bad,"[/b] Echo agreed. Cool ignored both of them. [b]"That guy down there is selling some sweet festival apparel. One of them was from a few years ago and they don't make them anymore, I bet I could trade that for my freedom easily."[/b] [b]"That's not right!"[/b] Lena argued. [b]"Plus he'll see you."[/b] [b]"Well I'll go right after dusk when everyone's packing up,"[/b] Cool decided, arrogantly standing up and getting ready to scout out the surroundings. [b]"They'll be busy and won't notice."[/b] Echo grabbed Cool's tail so that he couldn't leave. [b]"Still not right."[/b] [b]"You dumb naive hatchlings don't know how to survive, do you?"[/b] Cool stomped his feet. [b]"If you try to be good all the time you'll be trapped forever. That guy has like fifty of the same item, it won't hurt to take one."[/b] [b]"Not right!"[/b] Echo repeated herself loudly, squeezing her eyes shut as Cool tried to walk forwards. She remembered that this method of holding on to a body part had worked before when Cool tried to escape from Lena, except this time he was going to do something bad so he had to be stopped. But then Cool lashed his tail and Echo fell off in surprise, and before either her or Lena could do a thing, Cool had bolted away. [b]"We have to come back at sunset and make sure he doesn't rob that poor shop,"[/b] Lena said fiercely. Echo nodded with the same determination. [b]"Come back at sunset."[/b] ^^^ The sun hung low in the sky, colors of orange and pink streaking the clouds. Lena and Echo, having spent the entire day exploring and now probably able to draw a precise map of the marketplace in their sleep, flew anxiously around. The didn't want to look suspicious, so Lena was chattering on and on about nonsense to Echo the whole time. They kept a careful eye on a tent with a stand in front of it, the one that Cool had eyed earlier. A spiral, decked out in a mess of apparel, stood in front of the stand, advertising to any dragon who came by. [b]"The finest bramble mantle you'll ever find! Selling old festival apparel!"[/b] he called out in a professionally snotty salesman voice. [b]"Come to Ol' Banish's Emporium today! The prices won't be as low tomorrow!"[/b] [center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=48343334&skin=0&apparel=2889,21871,973,24892,24516,20844,25929,27203,21571,17001,27205&xt=dressing.png[/img][/center] [b]"You two young un's!"[/b] the spiral called at Lena and Echo when they got a little too close to the tent. [b]"Mr. Banish at your service, you interested in anything before I close shop?"[/b] Lena beamed politely. [b]"Do you have anything for free?"[/b] Banish looked taken aback and then a look of outrage filled his face. Echo began backing away slowly. [b]"Free?!"[/b] he gaped. [b]"Of course not! I am a salesman, a proud merchant, not a charity for hatchlings!"[/b] [b]"Oh, er, okay then,"[/b] Lena waved goodbye at him warily as Banish continued eyeing them with disgust. She almost felt his eyes scorching her scales before Banish finally turned around. After another while of pointless wandering, Lena observed that Banish had began packing up his stuff and storing it in the tent behind him. [b]"Look!"[/b] Echo suddenly pointed out. Lena whipped around. It was Cool, in the shadows, his eyes set determinedly on Banish's tent. [b]"We have to stop him,"[/b] Lena hissed. [b]"Come on!"[/b] She started walking over to Cool. At the same time, Cool began stalking towards Banish. Banish was crouched down on one side of his sales' stand, the other side unguarded. Before Lena and Echo could reach him, Cool suddenly dashed to Banish's stand, grabbed a piece of apparel, and took off again, fast as lightning. [b]"No!"[/b] Lena whispered, chasing after Cool. Echo, not as fast as her, tried to follow but ended up a while behind. [b]"THIEF! I REPEAT, THIEF!"[/b] Banish had noticed. Lena, with a burst of speed, caught up to Cool and pounced on him. [b]"What are you doing?!"[/b] Cool yelped, his eyes wide with fear and stress. [b]"I'm going to get caught!"[/b] He tried to shake the little skydancer off and keep running. Lena tried to reach for the glowing apparel. [b]"Give it back!"[/b] [b]"No!"[/b] Cool kicked her off desperately. He couldn't get caught or it would all be over for him. Why did Lena have to interrupt everything he tried to do? He turned and twisted to throw Lena off, hoping to flee before anyone else could catch him. [b]"Get them!"[/b] Banish screeched. [i]Them?[/i] Lena thought in confusion. And then she realized. Banish thought that she was shoplifting [i]with[/i] Cool. No! She was trying to stop him! But of course it didn't look that way. Maybe he would be reasonable. Lena stopped and let Cool go, turning around and hoping to explain herself to Banish. Echo was trailing a long way behind from not being able to fly as fast as the other two. Distressed, she hurried to Lena when she finally stopped pursuing Cool. Had she managed to get the item back? [b]"I shall stop you!"[/b] Banish suddenly declared from behind. Lena turned around, almost relieved, expecting to see the spiral heading for Cool. Instead, she saw an army of leafy moths heading their way. Okay, then. Strange way of attacking, but okay. All of a sudden, the moths had surrounded Lena and knocked her over. Lena squirmed but all she could see was green and all she could feel was flapping. It kind of tickled. This was more effective than she expected. Huh. But she didn't panic yet, Lena just giggled and tried to push the moths away. They weren't really hurting her, after all. They were just in her way and she couldn't really move. Maybe that was the point. It was a good way of stopping thieves without hurting them. And then a leaf bolt shot at her out of nowhere. Lena felt it hit her in the stomach, knocking the wind out of her. She stopped fighting for a moment to try to breathe, and the Leafy Moths lifted her into the air against her will. Lena shrieked now. She hated not being able to fly by herself. That was the best part of having wings! Flying! Being carried was horrible! Plus she still couldn't see. Another bolt hit her, this time blasting her in the head. Lena, still in the air and unable to do anything at all, felt everything wobble and blur. She wished the Leafy Moths would set her down. Maybe if she asked politely? But she didn't want to accidentally swallow one which might happen if she opened her mouth. One more leafy shot at her and the world faded to black. ----- [center]@Sugarkit @Aetherstorm ----- I rewrote this for better dramatic effect but it's still really bad. But tomorrow terrible things will happen because greenroot janustraps are mean and leaf bolts are cursed[/center]
Day 6
Scholar
welp
"So where should we go now?" Lena chirped at Echo and Cool.

"This one's staying with me," Cliff said, nodding stiffly at Cool. "I'll give you a choice. You gonna come here and work for me every day for at least a few weeks, you gonna find a way to build me a new balloon, or you gonna trade me something real valuable."

Cool clenched his teeth. "I'll figure something out."

"Well as long as you let me know by dawn tomorrow," Cliff said dismissively. "I trust you to keep your word, don't make me regret it, son." He added to Lena and Echo, "I'm off now to assess the damages. Sorry that your ride was interrupted, girls."

"Salty much?" Cool muttered under his breath as Cliff left.

Lena laughed. "Don't be such a downer, Cool! You'll only be stuck here for like a month and plus you'll learn stuff! I love learning."

"Well, I don't," Cool rolled his eyes. "I'm getting out of here as soon as I can. You wanna help me steal something?"

"No!" Lena's eyes widened.

"Bad," Echo agreed.

Cool ignored both of them. "That guy down there is selling some sweet festival apparel. One of them was from a few years ago and they don't make them anymore, I bet I could trade that for my freedom easily."

"That's not right!" Lena argued. "Plus he'll see you."

"Well I'll go right after dusk when everyone's packing up," Cool decided, arrogantly standing up and getting ready to scout out the surroundings. "They'll be busy and won't notice."

Echo grabbed Cool's tail so that he couldn't leave. "Still not right."

"You dumb naive hatchlings don't know how to survive, do you?" Cool stomped his feet. "If you try to be good all the time you'll be trapped forever. That guy has like fifty of the same item, it won't hurt to take one."

"Not right!" Echo repeated herself loudly, squeezing her eyes shut as Cool tried to walk forwards. She remembered that this method of holding on to a body part had worked before when Cool tried to escape from Lena, except this time he was going to do something bad so he had to be stopped.

But then Cool lashed his tail and Echo fell off in surprise, and before either her or Lena could do a thing, Cool had bolted away.

"We have to come back at sunset and make sure he doesn't rob that poor shop," Lena said fiercely.

Echo nodded with the same determination. "Come back at sunset."

^^^

The sun hung low in the sky, colors of orange and pink streaking the clouds.

Lena and Echo, having spent the entire day exploring and now probably able to draw a precise map of the marketplace in their sleep, flew anxiously around.

The didn't want to look suspicious, so Lena was chattering on and on about nonsense to Echo the whole time. They kept a careful eye on a tent with a stand in front of it, the one that Cool had eyed earlier.

A spiral, decked out in a mess of apparel, stood in front of the stand, advertising to any dragon who came by. "The finest bramble mantle you'll ever find! Selling old festival apparel!" he called out in a professionally snotty salesman voice. "Come to Ol' Banish's Emporium today! The prices won't be as low tomorrow!"
dragon?did=48343334&skin=0&apparel=2889,21871,973,24892,24516,20844,25929,27203,21571,17001,27205&xt=dressing.png

"You two young un's!" the spiral called at Lena and Echo when they got a little too close to the tent. "Mr. Banish at your service, you interested in anything before I close shop?"

Lena beamed politely. "Do you have anything for free?"

Banish looked taken aback and then a look of outrage filled his face. Echo began backing away slowly. "Free?!" he gaped. "Of course not! I am a salesman, a proud merchant, not a charity for hatchlings!"

"Oh, er, okay then," Lena waved goodbye at him warily as Banish continued eyeing them with disgust. She almost felt his eyes scorching her scales before Banish finally turned around.

After another while of pointless wandering, Lena observed that Banish had began packing up his stuff and storing it in the tent behind him.

"Look!" Echo suddenly pointed out.

Lena whipped around. It was Cool, in the shadows, his eyes set determinedly on Banish's tent.

"We have to stop him," Lena hissed. "Come on!" She started walking over to Cool.

At the same time, Cool began stalking towards Banish. Banish was crouched down on one side of his sales' stand, the other side unguarded.

Before Lena and Echo could reach him, Cool suddenly dashed to Banish's stand, grabbed a piece of apparel, and took off again, fast as lightning.

"No!" Lena whispered, chasing after Cool. Echo, not as fast as her, tried to follow but ended up a while behind.

"THIEF! I REPEAT, THIEF!"

Banish had noticed.

Lena, with a burst of speed, caught up to Cool and pounced on him.

"What are you doing?!" Cool yelped, his eyes wide with fear and stress. "I'm going to get caught!" He tried to shake the little skydancer off and keep running.

Lena tried to reach for the glowing apparel. "Give it back!"

"No!" Cool kicked her off desperately. He couldn't get caught or it would all be over for him. Why did Lena have to interrupt everything he tried to do? He turned and twisted to throw Lena off, hoping to flee before anyone else could catch him.

"Get them!" Banish screeched.

Them? Lena thought in confusion.

And then she realized. Banish thought that she was shoplifting with Cool. No! She was trying to stop him! But of course it didn't look that way.

Maybe he would be reasonable. Lena stopped and let Cool go, turning around and hoping to explain herself to Banish.

Echo was trailing a long way behind from not being able to fly as fast as the other two. Distressed, she hurried to Lena when she finally stopped pursuing Cool. Had she managed to get the item back?

"I shall stop you!" Banish suddenly declared from behind.

Lena turned around, almost relieved, expecting to see the spiral heading for Cool.

Instead, she saw an army of leafy moths heading their way.

Okay, then. Strange way of attacking, but okay.

All of a sudden, the moths had surrounded Lena and knocked her over. Lena squirmed but all she could see was green and all she could feel was flapping. It kind of tickled.

This was more effective than she expected. Huh.

But she didn't panic yet, Lena just giggled and tried to push the moths away. They weren't really hurting her, after all. They were just in her way and she couldn't really move. Maybe that was the point. It was a good way of stopping thieves without hurting them.

And then a leaf bolt shot at her out of nowhere.

Lena felt it hit her in the stomach, knocking the wind out of her. She stopped fighting for a moment to try to breathe, and the Leafy Moths lifted her into the air against her will. Lena shrieked now. She hated not being able to fly by herself. That was the best part of having wings! Flying! Being carried was horrible! Plus she still couldn't see.

Another bolt hit her, this time blasting her in the head. Lena, still in the air and unable to do anything at all, felt everything wobble and blur. She wished the Leafy Moths would set her down. Maybe if she asked politely? But she didn't want to accidentally swallow one which might happen if she opened her mouth.

One more leafy shot at her and the world faded to black.
@Sugarkit @Aetherstorm
I rewrote this for better dramatic effect but it's still really bad. But tomorrow terrible things will happen because greenroot janustraps are mean and leaf bolts are cursed
NZ8D4KR.png
[b][/b][center][size=5][color=#320089][font=courier new][b]Day 7[/b][/font][/color][/size] ----- [item=hermit crab] Fun fact: Most hermit crab species do very well in groups or pairs and can get depressed when kept alone. Oh and by the way I rewrote the last part of yesterday's update after Banish's "I shall stop you" so you might want to go reread it just in case. -----[/center] Echo watched helplessly as Lena was taken into the air by moths. The moths didn't fly far from the ground and instead carried Lena in front of where Banish was waiting. A bolt of green flew at Lena from out of nowhere, which was followed by another and another. Echo ran over to where Lena was hovering in the air, covered in moths. [b]"Stop!"[/b] she shouted at them. [b]"That's enough, let her down,"[/b] Banish said, satisfied. He frowned at Echo. [b]"And you don't order my moths around."[/b] A second later, an unconscious Lena dropped to the ground next to Echo with a [i]thump[/i] and didn't get up. Banish had a bucket of water ready in his hands and dumped it over Lena's head. Echo wobbled over to her friend, who's eyes flew open as the freezing cold water crashed down on her. [b]"Lena? Okay?"[/b] she asked. Lena sat up, her teeth chattering. [b]"I-- I'm g-- great! I'm fantastic!"[/b] [b]"Alright, I've caught you. Now where is my precious Sunchaser Jewelry?"[/b] Banish yelled angrily at them. His breath smelled rotten. And something seemed to be off with him, but Echo didn't know him well enough to know if that was just his usual aura. [b]"I don't know!"[/b] Lena cried, shielding herself. [b]"I actually don't know I promise!"[/b] Banish huffed. [b]"I don't believe you! That other hatchling escaped from my grasp! Where is he hiding? WHERE?"[/b] He was only a few inches from Lena's face and Echo watched Lena stand there, frozen and shaking. Echo bravely walked over to Lena and pulled her back out of Banish's grasp. [b]"Don't know,"[/b] she said, her voice trembling hard. [b]"I don't care about what you say, stay out of this,"[/b] Banish said dangerously. [b]"You have one more chance to tell me, skydancer."[/b] He shoved Echo out of his way, who fell backwards. When Echo got up, she saw that Banish's eyes had started glowing hauntingly, his pupils nowhere to be found. He had a smile on his face a bit too wide for comfort. Echo looked around wildly for help and saw Cliff rushing over to her. [b]"What is this?"[/b] he asked. He caught a glimpse of Banish's smoldering purple eyes, glowing with a foreign energy. [b]"Oh, no,"[/b] he gasped. [b]"What?"[/b] Echo asked, pulling on Cliff's wing feathers anxiously. [b]"He's been possessed,"[/b] Cliff said without explanation. [b]"I'm going to get help."[/b] He hurried off and Echo was now even more disturbed than before. Possessed? That word seemed to poke at one of her earliest memories and she felt like she knew what Cliff meant. But that couldn't be right, could it? How could Banish be possessed? Echo turned back to Lena. Banish was breathing heavily down her neck, flashing his claws threateningly. [b]"Tell me,"[/b] Banish said. His glowing eyes rolled to the back of his head and his entire body started vibrating with power. He grabbed Lena's shoulders, shaking her back and forth. [b]"I said, tell me the truth!"[/b] [b]"I don't know where your stupid sun jewelry is!"[/b] Lena yelped, trying to escape. [b]"Let me go!"[/b] Banish let out a loud, chilling cackle, and then before anyone could stop him, he bowled Lena over and tore at her chest, slashing at her heart. [b]"[i]You will pay.[/i]"[/b] His voice was low and dark. Lena let out a howl of pain, screaming. [b]"Lena!"[/b] Echo cried, rushing over to her side and trying to push Banish away. Banish turned on her next, leaping at Echo and reaching out a deadly claw to shred her into pieces. Echo froze and tucked herself into a terrified ball as she waited for scorching pain. It never came. Echo peeked one eye open and saw a bunch of dragons holding a thrashing Banish down. Banish's eyes glinted and blazed, flashing on and off as if he were being electrified. His body jerked as if he were having a seizure. The scene was very scary. But Echo didn't have time to waste watching Cliff and the others make Banish stop being possessed. She scrambled to Lena. [b]"Ow, ow, ow,"[/b] Lena whispered to herself. She didn't seem to see Echo. [b]"Lena,"[/b] Echo said urgently. [b]"Lena?"[/b] The little skydancer's eyes were glossy. Blood spilled out of her front and Echo scrunched up her face at the horror of it. It seemed like Banish had tried to tear out her heart. [b]"Echo? Hi. I think I'm dying. Everything's sticky and I feel weird,"[/b] Lena panted. [b]"Well, I might as well give a speech. Thanks. For being my f-- friend."[/b] [b]"Lena!"[/b] Echo whimpered. [b]"No dying!"[/b] Water welled up in her eyes. Lena began crying too, her tears splashing over quickly and creating little ponds in the ground next to her face. [b]"I don't want me to die either!"[/b] she choked. She threw her arms out and pounded the ground like she was having a fit, fighting to keep on living, until slowly the shock took over and Lena's only movement was her breathing. [b]"Stop dying!"[/b] Echo cried. [b]"Bad Lena! No dying allowed!"[/b] Lena didn't respond. Echo turned around, desperate for help, any help at all. Cliff turned around at the moment and met her eyes. Seeing the anguish, he ran over to her. His gaze dropped the moment he saw Lena. [b]"Oh, the poor little one."[/b] Cliff said sadly. [b]"I don't think there's anything we can do." [/b] [b]"Help!"[/b] Echo didn't want to believe him. [b]"Help!"[/b] And then Lena eyes glazed over and her body fell limp. Cliff bowed his head and gently covered Echo with his wing, who fell to her knees and lay there. Death was mean. Death was so mean. And that thing that possessed Banish was mean too. Echo didn't blame Banish if he really had been possessed and didn't know what he was doing; at first he was only trying to protect his stuff. But she blamed Cool, who had been the reason Lena was caught in the first place. She blamed Lena for not running away and for trying to be good and stop Cool and for dying. And most of all, she blamed herself, for being stupid and so unhelpful. If only she knew first aid, or if she'd stopped Banish or gotten help in time. If only, if only. But then Echo remembered that blame was pointless. She'd had enough lives to have learned that. [b]"She wasn't stealing, was she?"[/b] Cliff asked quietly. Echo raised her head. She'd forgotten he was there. For a moment for didn't remember how to talk and could only echo. [b]"Wasn't stealing,[/b] she said. [b]"She-- she stop. Stealing."[/b] [b]"I knew she was a pure soul when I met her,"[/b] Cliff sighed with a sad smile. [b]"And Banish too. You didn't know him but he was a good lad, if an arrogant one. Hardworking. The stress must have weakened him and the Gloom got in,"[/b] he shook his head. [b]"But it's been a while since a possession happened. I wonder if it's getting stronger."[/b] Echo didn't understand what Cliff meant. Maybe someone could explain later. Right now, she just wanted to lay on the ground numbly and pretend Lena was still alive. ----- [center]@Sugarkit @Aetherstorm ----- oh Lena TT-TT i'm so sorry but i have to follow the pinkerlocke rules Also what do you think about the possessing thing? It's probably super confusing but it'll be explained later.[/center]
Day 7
Hermit Crab
Fun fact: Most hermit crab species do very well in groups or pairs and can get depressed when kept alone.

Oh and by the way I rewrote the last part of yesterday's update after Banish's "I shall stop you" so you might want to go reread it just in case.
Echo watched helplessly as Lena was taken into the air by moths. The moths didn't fly far from the ground and instead carried Lena in front of where Banish was waiting. A bolt of green flew at Lena from out of nowhere, which was followed by another and another.

Echo ran over to where Lena was hovering in the air, covered in moths. "Stop!" she shouted at them.

"That's enough, let her down," Banish said, satisfied. He frowned at Echo. "And you don't order my moths around."

A second later, an unconscious Lena dropped to the ground next to Echo with a thump and didn't get up. Banish had a bucket of water ready in his hands and dumped it over Lena's head.

Echo wobbled over to her friend, who's eyes flew open as the freezing cold water crashed down on her. "Lena? Okay?" she asked.

Lena sat up, her teeth chattering. "I-- I'm g-- great! I'm fantastic!"

"Alright, I've caught you. Now where is my precious Sunchaser Jewelry?" Banish yelled angrily at them. His breath smelled rotten. And something seemed to be off with him, but Echo didn't know him well enough to know if that was just his usual aura.

"I don't know!" Lena cried, shielding herself. "I actually don't know I promise!"

Banish huffed. "I don't believe you! That other hatchling escaped from my grasp! Where is he hiding? WHERE?" He was only a few inches from Lena's face and Echo watched Lena stand there, frozen and shaking.

Echo bravely walked over to Lena and pulled her back out of Banish's grasp. "Don't know," she said, her voice trembling hard.

"I don't care about what you say, stay out of this," Banish said dangerously. "You have one more chance to tell me, skydancer." He shoved Echo out of his way, who fell backwards.

When Echo got up, she saw that Banish's eyes had started glowing hauntingly, his pupils nowhere to be found. He had a smile on his face a bit too wide for comfort.

Echo looked around wildly for help and saw Cliff rushing over to her. "What is this?" he asked. He caught a glimpse of Banish's smoldering purple eyes, glowing with a foreign energy. "Oh, no," he gasped.

"What?" Echo asked, pulling on Cliff's wing feathers anxiously.

"He's been possessed," Cliff said without explanation. "I'm going to get help." He hurried off and Echo was now even more disturbed than before.

Possessed? That word seemed to poke at one of her earliest memories and she felt like she knew what Cliff meant. But that couldn't be right, could it? How could Banish be possessed?

Echo turned back to Lena. Banish was breathing heavily down her neck, flashing his claws threateningly.

"Tell me," Banish said. His glowing eyes rolled to the back of his head and his entire body started vibrating with power. He grabbed Lena's shoulders, shaking her back and forth. "I said, tell me the truth!"

"I don't know where your stupid sun jewelry is!" Lena yelped, trying to escape. "Let me go!"

Banish let out a loud, chilling cackle, and then before anyone could stop him, he bowled Lena over and tore at her chest, slashing at her heart. "You will pay." His voice was low and dark. Lena let out a howl of pain, screaming.

"Lena!" Echo cried, rushing over to her side and trying to push Banish away.

Banish turned on her next, leaping at Echo and reaching out a deadly claw to shred her into pieces. Echo froze and tucked herself into a terrified ball as she waited for scorching pain.

It never came.

Echo peeked one eye open and saw a bunch of dragons holding a thrashing Banish down. Banish's eyes glinted and blazed, flashing on and off as if he were being electrified. His body jerked as if he were having a seizure.

The scene was very scary.

But Echo didn't have time to waste watching Cliff and the others make Banish stop being possessed. She scrambled to Lena.

"Ow, ow, ow," Lena whispered to herself. She didn't seem to see Echo.

"Lena," Echo said urgently. "Lena?"

The little skydancer's eyes were glossy. Blood spilled out of her front and Echo scrunched up her face at the horror of it. It seemed like Banish had tried to tear out her heart.

"Echo? Hi. I think I'm dying. Everything's sticky and I feel weird," Lena panted. "Well, I might as well give a speech. Thanks. For being my f-- friend."

"Lena!" Echo whimpered. "No dying!" Water welled up in her eyes.

Lena began crying too, her tears splashing over quickly and creating little ponds in the ground next to her face. "I don't want me to die either!" she choked. She threw her arms out and pounded the ground like she was having a fit, fighting to keep on living, until slowly the shock took over and Lena's only movement was her breathing.

"Stop dying!" Echo cried. "Bad Lena! No dying allowed!"

Lena didn't respond.

Echo turned around, desperate for help, any help at all. Cliff turned around at the moment and met her eyes. Seeing the anguish, he ran over to her. His gaze dropped the moment he saw Lena.

"Oh, the poor little one." Cliff said sadly. "I don't think there's anything we can do."

"Help!" Echo didn't want to believe him. "Help!"

And then Lena eyes glazed over and her body fell limp.

Cliff bowed his head and gently covered Echo with his wing, who fell to her knees and lay there.

Death was mean. Death was so mean. And that thing that possessed Banish was mean too. Echo didn't blame Banish if he really had been possessed and didn't know what he was doing; at first he was only trying to protect his stuff. But she blamed Cool, who had been the reason Lena was caught in the first place. She blamed Lena for not running away and for trying to be good and stop Cool and for dying. And most of all, she blamed herself, for being stupid and so unhelpful. If only she knew first aid, or if she'd stopped Banish or gotten help in time. If only, if only.

But then Echo remembered that blame was pointless. She'd had enough lives to have learned that.

"She wasn't stealing, was she?" Cliff asked quietly.

Echo raised her head. She'd forgotten he was there. For a moment for didn't remember how to talk and could only echo. "Wasn't stealing, she said. "She-- she stop. Stealing."

"I knew she was a pure soul when I met her," Cliff sighed with a sad smile. "And Banish too. You didn't know him but he was a good lad, if an arrogant one. Hardworking. The stress must have weakened him and the Gloom got in," he shook his head. "But it's been a while since a possession happened. I wonder if it's getting stronger."

Echo didn't understand what Cliff meant. Maybe someone could explain later.

Right now, she just wanted to lay on the ground numbly and pretend Lena was still alive.
@Sugarkit @Aetherstorm
oh Lena TT-TT i'm so sorry but i have to follow the pinkerlocke rules

Also what do you think about the possessing thing? It's probably super confusing but it'll be explained later.
NZ8D4KR.png
@SpiceCookie Hey there! I've been enjoying your writing so far and would love to get a ping whenever there's new story :D

Aww, poor Lena and Echo :'(

I actually think that not knowing what exactly the "possession"/Gloom is makes the whole story more interesting. Makes it easier to put oneself into Echo's position since she doesn't know either (or at least she doesn't have any memories of it). ^^
@SpiceCookie Hey there! I've been enjoying your writing so far and would love to get a ping whenever there's new story :D

Aww, poor Lena and Echo :'(

I actually think that not knowing what exactly the "possession"/Gloom is makes the whole story more interesting. Makes it easier to put oneself into Echo's position since she doesn't know either (or at least she doesn't have any memories of it). ^^
2WRv2Ib.jpg

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13