Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Ty's Short Stories
This might not all be short stories, just ideas that pop into my head and I need to record, or bits of an overall story or a line or quote I like... or names. I'll have an entire list of naes to use in stories, since sometimes I'm bursting with them and sometimes I'm bone dry. This is mainly for me, but feel free to look.

Please do not post here, PM me if you would like to comment.
This might not all be short stories, just ideas that pop into my head and I need to record, or bits of an overall story or a line or quote I like... or names. I'll have an entire list of naes to use in stories, since sometimes I'm bursting with them and sometimes I'm bone dry. This is mainly for me, but feel free to look.

Please do not post here, PM me if you would like to comment.
We Fly On Wings Of Night
Basic plot overview - Winter, the Kingdom of Adurn, the reign of King Barrond - Sixteen-year-old Sonya Chase somehow discovers she has powers of darkness (unknown), which seem to activate when her emotions are especially strong. When a heated argument results in the death of her best friend, she flees her home. Half-dead in the frozen forest, she is found by the most unlikely of rescuers - one dragon named Mithrial. Utterly terrified of her dark abilities and Mithrial, Sonya's magic activates again, causing destruction until she calms herself. Eventually (need ideas) she learns to control her magic, but also of Barracan, Barrond's elder brother who believed he should inherit the throne, as the older of the two, and is seeking a way to upserp his brother. He's heard rumors of a Shadowsinger - for that is what Sonya is - and seeks to use her as a weapon.... here my bloody writer's block appears... ideas, anyone?

Basic plot overview - Winter, the Kingdom of Adurn, the reign of King Barrond - Sixteen-year-old Sonya Chase somehow discovers she has powers of darkness (unknown), which seem to activate when her emotions are especially strong. When a heated argument results in the death of her best friend, she flees her home. Half-dead in the frozen forest, she is found by the most unlikely of rescuers - one dragon named Mithrial. Utterly terrified of her dark abilities and Mithrial, Sonya's magic activates again, causing destruction until she calms herself. Eventually (need ideas) she learns to control her magic, but also of Barracan, Barrond's elder brother who believed he should inherit the throne, as the older of the two, and is seeking a way to upserp his brother. He's heard rumors of a Shadowsinger - for that is what Sonya is - and seeks to use her as a weapon.... here my bloody writer's block appears... ideas, anyone?

Emmelyn/Emmeline (same pronunciation)
Sonya - In Use
Eleanor (Ellie)
Veronica
Seraphina/Serafina
Alayna
Kayla
Abagail/Abigail
Aubrey
Evelyn
Lily
Vivian
Ginerva

First Names, Girls - Fantasy
Names
First Names, Girls - Realistic
Brooklyn
Emmelyn/Emmeline (same pronunciation)
Sonya - In Use
Eleanor (Ellie)
Veronica
Seraphina/Serafina
Alayna
Kayla
Abagail/Abigail
Aubrey
Evelyn
Lily
Vivian
Ginerva

First Names, Girls - Fantasy
TITLE UNKNOWN ((Possibly 'Between Worlds'?))
Characters
Tanya Chase - 15 - Female ((More extensive description to come))
Fabian Chase - 16 - Male ((More info to come))
Eleanor 'Ellie' Hildebrand - 15 - Female ((More info to come))
And various characters from fictional novels...

Summary
High School is hard enough for Tanya Chase, with her advanced classes, half-dozen after-school activities, and her super hyper best friend's massive crush on her older brother. What makes it even more difficult is the fact that she can't open a fictional book without the characters walking out of the pages and into her life. It just gets worse when she figures out that not only can they come out, she can go in - but they follow her, and how can she get everyone back to their right world and shut the book?

Detailed Character Forms
Name - Tanya Evangeline Chase
Age - 15
Gender - Female
Sexuality - Bi, which her parents are highly disapproving of and are trying to 'fix'
Birthday - April 17th
Heigth - 5' 7" ((tall like the rest of her family))
Weight - 107 lbs ((tall but slim))
Build - Tall and slim, but fit and agile like a gymnast. Long legs and muscualr body
Eye Colour & Type - Light blue-grey, large and almond-shaped
Hair Colour & Type - Brownish auburn, slightly wavy, falls just past her shoulders
Skin - Lightly tanned but still rather pale, some freckles on her face
Other Features - High cheekbones and a sharp jawline, small, round nose, pretty face but not exceptionally so. Three holes in her right ear and two in her left, and a small ring in her nose.
Style - Hoodies, t-shirts, jeans, sneakers. Usually has her hair back with a cloth headband. Sometimes wears earrings, usually has headphones around her neck
Favorite Colour(s) - Silver, gold, black, green, blue, turquoise
Personality - Tanya isn't shy, but she also isn't as friendly and bubbly as Ellie. She's an introvert around people she doesn't know, making no effort to go and make friends, only talking to peoplw if they approach her first. She'll make a great friend, though, and opens un pretty quickly if she likes you. Tanya's pretty good at judging if you're 'her sort' and will be more likely to bond with you if you're similar. She's also a hardcore fangirl, and often jokes that all her friends are fictional. She loves reading and books and everything... but of course, she has a problem with books. Movies **** her off when they don't follow the books they're based on. She also hates ripped jeans with a vengeance for no good reason.
MORE TO COME, I KNOW HER PRETTY GOOD IN MY HEAD

Yes, the moment you've all been waiting for.
Chapter One - December 17th

"See ya, Mom!" I called, swinging my bag across my back and jumping down the stairs two at a time.

"Bye, honey!" I heard her call from somewhere upstairs - she was probably in her office, working on some new commission. See, she's Madelyn Chase, the famous artist, so I don't see much of her. It's mostly just my brother and I. Speaking of a certian brother...

"Fabian! Hurry up!" I hollered just as he came around the corner of the hallway.

"Slim it, Tanya!" he joked, opening the front door and shoving me outside playfully. I stick my tongue out at him for using one of my fangirl frases; he hasn't even read the first book
that's from, he's just picked it up from me.

I instantly regret it as the cold winter air wraps it's cold hand around my tongue and freezes it.

"Come on, see if you can catch me!" I take off at a run down the street toward our bus stop. I'm faster than him, but he catches up just as I tag the pole the stop sign by our stop is on, and tackles me from behind. We both fall straight into the snowbank left by the plow, and I use the sutten shock of the snow on his face to roll out of the way.

"How dare you!" I shriek in mock outrage, brushing snow from my hair. He rolls over, laughing, and chucks a ball of snow at me, but it's too loose and just showers me in a white powder, turning my charcoal-coloured parka silver. Just then the bus pulls up - number 25 - and I shake the snow off as best I can before climbing on. Fabian and I are the only ones that morning, probably because no one else wanted to wait in the freezing, snowy weather.

I scan the bus for Ellie's familiar red head, but I don't see her. I usually sit next to her, but today I end up next to Fabian in the last empty seat. There are advantages and disadvantages to being the last stop. We get to sleep in the most, and are on the bus the shortest, but we rarely ever get seats to ourself.

I pull out my phone and text Ellie:
Where are you?
Yeah, call me weird, but I don't like textspeak. Her reply is almost instant:
Right behind u

I whirl around the same moment she pops up from where she was crouched behind the seat. Her sudden appearance gives me a small heart attack, I'll admit, but I recover quickly and slap her playfully. Of course, the sudden flurry of motion doesn't escape our bus driver's sharp eyes.

"Tanya! Eleanor! Sit back down!" she calls. There are giggles and laughs from the younder students on the buss. I stick my tongue out at my best friend then plop back down in my seat. Ellie winces at the sound of her full name before falling back too.
TITLE UNKNOWN ((Possibly 'Between Worlds'?))
Characters
Tanya Chase - 15 - Female ((More extensive description to come))
Fabian Chase - 16 - Male ((More info to come))
Eleanor 'Ellie' Hildebrand - 15 - Female ((More info to come))
And various characters from fictional novels...

Summary
High School is hard enough for Tanya Chase, with her advanced classes, half-dozen after-school activities, and her super hyper best friend's massive crush on her older brother. What makes it even more difficult is the fact that she can't open a fictional book without the characters walking out of the pages and into her life. It just gets worse when she figures out that not only can they come out, she can go in - but they follow her, and how can she get everyone back to their right world and shut the book?

Detailed Character Forms
Name - Tanya Evangeline Chase
Age - 15
Gender - Female
Sexuality - Bi, which her parents are highly disapproving of and are trying to 'fix'
Birthday - April 17th
Heigth - 5' 7" ((tall like the rest of her family))
Weight - 107 lbs ((tall but slim))
Build - Tall and slim, but fit and agile like a gymnast. Long legs and muscualr body
Eye Colour & Type - Light blue-grey, large and almond-shaped
Hair Colour & Type - Brownish auburn, slightly wavy, falls just past her shoulders
Skin - Lightly tanned but still rather pale, some freckles on her face
Other Features - High cheekbones and a sharp jawline, small, round nose, pretty face but not exceptionally so. Three holes in her right ear and two in her left, and a small ring in her nose.
Style - Hoodies, t-shirts, jeans, sneakers. Usually has her hair back with a cloth headband. Sometimes wears earrings, usually has headphones around her neck
Favorite Colour(s) - Silver, gold, black, green, blue, turquoise
Personality - Tanya isn't shy, but she also isn't as friendly and bubbly as Ellie. She's an introvert around people she doesn't know, making no effort to go and make friends, only talking to peoplw if they approach her first. She'll make a great friend, though, and opens un pretty quickly if she likes you. Tanya's pretty good at judging if you're 'her sort' and will be more likely to bond with you if you're similar. She's also a hardcore fangirl, and often jokes that all her friends are fictional. She loves reading and books and everything... but of course, she has a problem with books. Movies **** her off when they don't follow the books they're based on. She also hates ripped jeans with a vengeance for no good reason.
MORE TO COME, I KNOW HER PRETTY GOOD IN MY HEAD

Yes, the moment you've all been waiting for.
Chapter One - December 17th

"See ya, Mom!" I called, swinging my bag across my back and jumping down the stairs two at a time.

"Bye, honey!" I heard her call from somewhere upstairs - she was probably in her office, working on some new commission. See, she's Madelyn Chase, the famous artist, so I don't see much of her. It's mostly just my brother and I. Speaking of a certian brother...

"Fabian! Hurry up!" I hollered just as he came around the corner of the hallway.

"Slim it, Tanya!" he joked, opening the front door and shoving me outside playfully. I stick my tongue out at him for using one of my fangirl frases; he hasn't even read the first book
that's from, he's just picked it up from me.

I instantly regret it as the cold winter air wraps it's cold hand around my tongue and freezes it.

"Come on, see if you can catch me!" I take off at a run down the street toward our bus stop. I'm faster than him, but he catches up just as I tag the pole the stop sign by our stop is on, and tackles me from behind. We both fall straight into the snowbank left by the plow, and I use the sutten shock of the snow on his face to roll out of the way.

"How dare you!" I shriek in mock outrage, brushing snow from my hair. He rolls over, laughing, and chucks a ball of snow at me, but it's too loose and just showers me in a white powder, turning my charcoal-coloured parka silver. Just then the bus pulls up - number 25 - and I shake the snow off as best I can before climbing on. Fabian and I are the only ones that morning, probably because no one else wanted to wait in the freezing, snowy weather.

I scan the bus for Ellie's familiar red head, but I don't see her. I usually sit next to her, but today I end up next to Fabian in the last empty seat. There are advantages and disadvantages to being the last stop. We get to sleep in the most, and are on the bus the shortest, but we rarely ever get seats to ourself.

I pull out my phone and text Ellie:
Where are you?
Yeah, call me weird, but I don't like textspeak. Her reply is almost instant:
Right behind u

I whirl around the same moment she pops up from where she was crouched behind the seat. Her sudden appearance gives me a small heart attack, I'll admit, but I recover quickly and slap her playfully. Of course, the sudden flurry of motion doesn't escape our bus driver's sharp eyes.

"Tanya! Eleanor! Sit back down!" she calls. There are giggles and laughs from the younder students on the buss. I stick my tongue out at my best friend then plop back down in my seat. Ellie winces at the sound of her full name before falling back too.
Harry Potter/Fantastic Beasts Oneshots
Okay, this will be a bit different than my others. It's going to be some oneshots from HP/FB, but probably all FB, and they're probably also all going to end up as Grindelwald/Dumbledore ones as that's my OTP ship. You know, I should probably just rename this Grindledore Oneshots... but oh well. Enjoy.

"Albus. Albus!"

Hands took his shoulders and gently shook him.

"Al, wake up!"

17-year-old Albus Dumbledore blinked open eyes sealed shut, squinting against the bright sunlight as Gellert Grindelwald's face swam into view, leaning over him.

He lifted a hand and rubbed his eyes. Gellert fell backwards so he was sitting on his heels between Albus's legs where he was lying underneath the massive maple tree. "Sorry, Gellert," he said, pushing himself in to a sitting position. "I fell asleep."

Gellert frowned, but amusement shone in his eyes - one a beautiful sapphire blue, the other a dark golden brown. "What book made you forget about your date, Albus? I was staring at your house since noon."

Albus winced. "Could you not use that term-"

"Oh, what would you like me to call it?" Gellert teased. "Romantic outing? Special meeting?"

"You're impossible," grumbled Albus. Gellert shrugged and came over to sit next to Albus, his back resting against the rough bark. Picking up the book on Albus's lap, he read the cover.

"Arabian Nights. Is it a muggle book?"

"Yes. A teacher gave it to me during my time at Hogwarts."

"What's it ab-" Gellert broke off suddenly, his eyes falling on Albus's right hand, which he had been holding the book with. "Don't tell me you were using your finger as a bookmark again, Albus!"

Sure enough, Albus's index finger was quite red and a bit swollen, a result of being pinched between the heavy pages when he had stuck it in there to mark his spot then fallen asleep - he hadn't had any bookmarkes and was strongly opposed to dog-earing pages.

"I forgot a bookmark!" he protested as Gellert took his hand and began rubbing his finger to bring back blood circulation. "You don't have to act like an overprotective mother hen, Gel!"

Gellert laced his fingers through Albus's and rested their joined hands on their legs where their thighs were pressed together. "I'm not, I'm simply concerned about your poor finger, not you," he said sarcastically, both boys bursting into laughter a moment later.

"So tell me about your book."

"It's about a king who had his wife executed because she was unfaithful to him. Each day after that, he forced a girl to marry him killed her the next day. Finally, the vizer's daughter volunteered to marry him to but a stop to his bloodshed."

Albus closed his eyes and let his head rest on Gellert's shoulder, visions of scenes from the story dancing through his mind.

"Each day, she told him a story but stopped in the middle of it, and he kept her alive day by day so he could hear the endings of her wonderful stories. Finally, on the 1,001th day, he made her his queen."

Gellert nodded, chuckling at the half-smile on Albus's face. "I'll have to borrow it some time," he said. "Did you find anything special?"

Albus nodded, reaching over and taking the book from Gellert. Tapping it with his wand, it flew open to a certian page and Albus pointed with it to a sentence. "It mentions the spell alohomora here, and it's full of references to our fantastical beasts."

"A perfect cultural masterpiece of wizards and muggles," mused Gellert. "See what we could do if we could lift the Statude of Secrecy? Isn't this a perfect reason for why muggles and wizards should live in peace, not scared of each other?"

Albus's heart sped up as it always did when he and Gellert spoke of their plans. "I wonder if the man who wrote this book was actually a wizard," he said.

"Or if the woman who first told them, Scocherlade (totally butchered that spelling but eh) herself, was actually a witch!" cried Gellert triumphantly. "How, though, did the girl keep the tyrant king enraptured with her? Simply her stories, or some Imperius curse or Amortensia?"

As he spoke, he caught Albus's chin in one hand so he looked at him and tapped his nose with his wand, in his other hand. Albus laughed and swatted Gellert's wand away.

"Okay, okay, Gellert. But there's no mention of a wand throughout the book."

"Easy. Just cast the Imperius curse without a wand. Even I can do it!" Gellert said.

Albus raised his eyebrows. "Allow me to be a test case for you, then." Of course he'd trust Gellert to use an Imperius curse on him; they were best friends. No, he thought. We're more than friends. More than brothers.

He extended a hand as Gellert moved so they were facing each other again. "Expelliarmus," he said.

"As you wish," replied Gellert, presenting his wand to Albus and placing it in his hand with an exaggerated flourish.

"Now your wand's in my hand. How are you going to cast the spell now?" Albus asked teasingly.

Gellert just smirked and gently caught Albus's face in his hands, leaning forward. Albus's eyes widened and then -

Gellert kissed him, and Albus arched into his touch.

After what may have been only a few moments or several sunlit days, they broke apart.

"Stay with me forever," Gellert whispered, his eyes burning into Albus's.

Albus let out a breathy laugh. "Impressive."

Gellert just smiled and kissed him again.

((A/N - This one is slightly different from the first one - it's the first meeting of Albus and Gellert. Enjoy. Sorry if the timeline is a bit screwed, though - feel free to PM me to correct me.))

"Why, they look wonderful!" exclaimed Bathilda Bagshot, patting Albus's shoulder. He ajusted the vase of flowers on her mantel one more time before stepping back.

"Thank you," he replied, giving the old woman's hand a squeeze. "Ariana grew them. She has a gardn box in her window, and she can make the most beautiful flowers bloom."

Bathilda frowned sympathetically. "That poor girl. She still hasn't recovered from that dreadful illness?"

Albus shook his head. The lies flowed naturally off his tongue, after all these years filled with them. "I'm afraid it's a condition that will stay with her the rest of her life. She'll always be too frail and delicate or anything like Hogwarts."

"Oh!" the old woman exclaimed suddenly. Albus shot her a look.

"What is it?"

"I just remembered that you graduated this year, didn't you!"

Albus allowed himself a small smile. Her memory lapses were very few and far between, but they did happen. "I did. I was Head Boy, too, remember?"

Bathilda laughed. "Why, of course I remember! How could I forget, I was proud of you!"

She glanced at her old grandfather clock and gasped. "Oh, dear, I didn't realize it was so late!"

She flicked he wand and Albus's coat zoomed over to him. "I have..." she paused, as though searching for the right word. "Family... visiting. Actually, he'll be staying a while, but he owled and said he'd be arriving today."

"Oh dear, oh dear," she muttered, herding Albus to the door. "He's a charming young man, I'll have to introduce you some time."

"I look forward to meeing him," Albus replied graciously. She nodded and gave him a gentle push out the door.

"Goodbye!" she called cheerfuly before closing the door in his face. Albus shook his head, smiling rusefully. Bathilda might be a brilliant witch, but she was scatterbrained and lived with one foot in the present and one in the long-ago past, as Albus's brother Aberforth said, but he certianly didn't care for the woman.

He whistled a tune as he set off down the cobbled path on the outskirts of Godric's Hollow, his coat draped over one shoulder, unneeded in the warm summer sun. In the beautiful weather, nothing could keep his spirits down, but a question did keep the naturally curious young wizard awake that night: who was Bathilda's mysterious visitor?
Harry Potter/Fantastic Beasts Oneshots
Okay, this will be a bit different than my others. It's going to be some oneshots from HP/FB, but probably all FB, and they're probably also all going to end up as Grindelwald/Dumbledore ones as that's my OTP ship. You know, I should probably just rename this Grindledore Oneshots... but oh well. Enjoy.

"Albus. Albus!"

Hands took his shoulders and gently shook him.

"Al, wake up!"

17-year-old Albus Dumbledore blinked open eyes sealed shut, squinting against the bright sunlight as Gellert Grindelwald's face swam into view, leaning over him.

He lifted a hand and rubbed his eyes. Gellert fell backwards so he was sitting on his heels between Albus's legs where he was lying underneath the massive maple tree. "Sorry, Gellert," he said, pushing himself in to a sitting position. "I fell asleep."

Gellert frowned, but amusement shone in his eyes - one a beautiful sapphire blue, the other a dark golden brown. "What book made you forget about your date, Albus? I was staring at your house since noon."

Albus winced. "Could you not use that term-"

"Oh, what would you like me to call it?" Gellert teased. "Romantic outing? Special meeting?"

"You're impossible," grumbled Albus. Gellert shrugged and came over to sit next to Albus, his back resting against the rough bark. Picking up the book on Albus's lap, he read the cover.

"Arabian Nights. Is it a muggle book?"

"Yes. A teacher gave it to me during my time at Hogwarts."

"What's it ab-" Gellert broke off suddenly, his eyes falling on Albus's right hand, which he had been holding the book with. "Don't tell me you were using your finger as a bookmark again, Albus!"

Sure enough, Albus's index finger was quite red and a bit swollen, a result of being pinched between the heavy pages when he had stuck it in there to mark his spot then fallen asleep - he hadn't had any bookmarkes and was strongly opposed to dog-earing pages.

"I forgot a bookmark!" he protested as Gellert took his hand and began rubbing his finger to bring back blood circulation. "You don't have to act like an overprotective mother hen, Gel!"

Gellert laced his fingers through Albus's and rested their joined hands on their legs where their thighs were pressed together. "I'm not, I'm simply concerned about your poor finger, not you," he said sarcastically, both boys bursting into laughter a moment later.

"So tell me about your book."

"It's about a king who had his wife executed because she was unfaithful to him. Each day after that, he forced a girl to marry him killed her the next day. Finally, the vizer's daughter volunteered to marry him to but a stop to his bloodshed."

Albus closed his eyes and let his head rest on Gellert's shoulder, visions of scenes from the story dancing through his mind.

"Each day, she told him a story but stopped in the middle of it, and he kept her alive day by day so he could hear the endings of her wonderful stories. Finally, on the 1,001th day, he made her his queen."

Gellert nodded, chuckling at the half-smile on Albus's face. "I'll have to borrow it some time," he said. "Did you find anything special?"

Albus nodded, reaching over and taking the book from Gellert. Tapping it with his wand, it flew open to a certian page and Albus pointed with it to a sentence. "It mentions the spell alohomora here, and it's full of references to our fantastical beasts."

"A perfect cultural masterpiece of wizards and muggles," mused Gellert. "See what we could do if we could lift the Statude of Secrecy? Isn't this a perfect reason for why muggles and wizards should live in peace, not scared of each other?"

Albus's heart sped up as it always did when he and Gellert spoke of their plans. "I wonder if the man who wrote this book was actually a wizard," he said.

"Or if the woman who first told them, Scocherlade (totally butchered that spelling but eh) herself, was actually a witch!" cried Gellert triumphantly. "How, though, did the girl keep the tyrant king enraptured with her? Simply her stories, or some Imperius curse or Amortensia?"

As he spoke, he caught Albus's chin in one hand so he looked at him and tapped his nose with his wand, in his other hand. Albus laughed and swatted Gellert's wand away.

"Okay, okay, Gellert. But there's no mention of a wand throughout the book."

"Easy. Just cast the Imperius curse without a wand. Even I can do it!" Gellert said.

Albus raised his eyebrows. "Allow me to be a test case for you, then." Of course he'd trust Gellert to use an Imperius curse on him; they were best friends. No, he thought. We're more than friends. More than brothers.

He extended a hand as Gellert moved so they were facing each other again. "Expelliarmus," he said.

"As you wish," replied Gellert, presenting his wand to Albus and placing it in his hand with an exaggerated flourish.

"Now your wand's in my hand. How are you going to cast the spell now?" Albus asked teasingly.

Gellert just smirked and gently caught Albus's face in his hands, leaning forward. Albus's eyes widened and then -

Gellert kissed him, and Albus arched into his touch.

After what may have been only a few moments or several sunlit days, they broke apart.

"Stay with me forever," Gellert whispered, his eyes burning into Albus's.

Albus let out a breathy laugh. "Impressive."

Gellert just smiled and kissed him again.

((A/N - This one is slightly different from the first one - it's the first meeting of Albus and Gellert. Enjoy. Sorry if the timeline is a bit screwed, though - feel free to PM me to correct me.))

"Why, they look wonderful!" exclaimed Bathilda Bagshot, patting Albus's shoulder. He ajusted the vase of flowers on her mantel one more time before stepping back.

"Thank you," he replied, giving the old woman's hand a squeeze. "Ariana grew them. She has a gardn box in her window, and she can make the most beautiful flowers bloom."

Bathilda frowned sympathetically. "That poor girl. She still hasn't recovered from that dreadful illness?"

Albus shook his head. The lies flowed naturally off his tongue, after all these years filled with them. "I'm afraid it's a condition that will stay with her the rest of her life. She'll always be too frail and delicate or anything like Hogwarts."

"Oh!" the old woman exclaimed suddenly. Albus shot her a look.

"What is it?"

"I just remembered that you graduated this year, didn't you!"

Albus allowed himself a small smile. Her memory lapses were very few and far between, but they did happen. "I did. I was Head Boy, too, remember?"

Bathilda laughed. "Why, of course I remember! How could I forget, I was proud of you!"

She glanced at her old grandfather clock and gasped. "Oh, dear, I didn't realize it was so late!"

She flicked he wand and Albus's coat zoomed over to him. "I have..." she paused, as though searching for the right word. "Family... visiting. Actually, he'll be staying a while, but he owled and said he'd be arriving today."

"Oh dear, oh dear," she muttered, herding Albus to the door. "He's a charming young man, I'll have to introduce you some time."

"I look forward to meeing him," Albus replied graciously. She nodded and gave him a gentle push out the door.

"Goodbye!" she called cheerfuly before closing the door in his face. Albus shook his head, smiling rusefully. Bathilda might be a brilliant witch, but she was scatterbrained and lived with one foot in the present and one in the long-ago past, as Albus's brother Aberforth said, but he certianly didn't care for the woman.

He whistled a tune as he set off down the cobbled path on the outskirts of Godric's Hollow, his coat draped over one shoulder, unneeded in the warm summer sun. In the beautiful weather, nothing could keep his spirits down, but a question did keep the naturally curious young wizard awake that night: who was Bathilda's mysterious visitor?
A Different Kind Of Magic
A HP Fanfiction

Of all the crazy-looking witches and wizards packing Station 9 3/4, Iskra Valisova Avramova probably stood out the most against the crowd. After all, it wasn't every day a tall girl with vampire-pale skin, white blonde hair, done up in tight braids against her head on one side, and dark eyes with a constantly annoyed look in them stood waiting to board the Hogwarts Express.

The red jacket and cream pants of Durmstrang's girl's uniform weren't exactly the norm, either.

"Miss Avramora! Iskra!"

Iskra spun around to find a short, bald wizard looking up at her, and she smiled inwardly at the fact that she was half a head taller than him. Out loud, however, she said irritably, "My name is Avramova, not Avramora." Silently she cursed her accent. Though she could speak English, it was obvious it was not her birth tongue and she was wary of the fact that people might try to take advantage of her due to it.

He nodded. "Or course, Miss Iskra. My apologies, Miss. I'm Hamish Webb of the International Magical Cooperations office from the British Ministry Of Magic."

Iskra nodded. "I assume you are here to supervise the transfer of us to Hogwarts?" she asked gruffly.

Webb nodded again, bobbing his head. "Yes, of course. If you'd come with me?" he asked, gesturing to where a small group of students stood by the wall of Platform 9 3/4. They all had a vague air of uncomfort about them and Iskra guessed they were the transfers from the other schools to Hogwarts.

Iskra nodded sharply, a single jerk of her chin, then pushed past him.
A Different Kind Of Magic
A HP Fanfiction

Of all the crazy-looking witches and wizards packing Station 9 3/4, Iskra Valisova Avramova probably stood out the most against the crowd. After all, it wasn't every day a tall girl with vampire-pale skin, white blonde hair, done up in tight braids against her head on one side, and dark eyes with a constantly annoyed look in them stood waiting to board the Hogwarts Express.

The red jacket and cream pants of Durmstrang's girl's uniform weren't exactly the norm, either.

"Miss Avramora! Iskra!"

Iskra spun around to find a short, bald wizard looking up at her, and she smiled inwardly at the fact that she was half a head taller than him. Out loud, however, she said irritably, "My name is Avramova, not Avramora." Silently she cursed her accent. Though she could speak English, it was obvious it was not her birth tongue and she was wary of the fact that people might try to take advantage of her due to it.

He nodded. "Or course, Miss Iskra. My apologies, Miss. I'm Hamish Webb of the International Magical Cooperations office from the British Ministry Of Magic."

Iskra nodded. "I assume you are here to supervise the transfer of us to Hogwarts?" she asked gruffly.

Webb nodded again, bobbing his head. "Yes, of course. If you'd come with me?" he asked, gesturing to where a small group of students stood by the wall of Platform 9 3/4. They all had a vague air of uncomfort about them and Iskra guessed they were the transfers from the other schools to Hogwarts.

Iskra nodded sharply, a single jerk of her chin, then pushed past him.