Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Starlit Landing [Clan Lore]
Please do not comment on this thread. This is where I'll be storing general clan lore and information for my own use.
Please do not comment on this thread. This is where I'll be storing general clan lore and information for my own use.
reserved
reserved
[center][size=7][b]Clan Origin[/b][/size] [/center] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/0dfbOtD.png[/img][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=35301959] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/353020/35301959_350.png[/img] [/url] [center]Shamblestar[/center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=35301960] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/353020/35301960_350.png[/img] Babaye [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=24410470] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/244105/24410470_350.png[/img] [/url] Cactus[/center] ----- With a restrained jab of a barbed tail tip, gentle impact rustles the leaves with much more precision than the constant stream of cool breezes that usually pass over the Zephyr Steps. A cottontail rabbit bursts through the other side of the bush, instinctively bounding away from the noise, and directly into the trap. Walls of muscle positioned in front of the exit route make up for stubby arms in hindering the animal’s attempted escape, allowing just enough extra time in the rabbit’s hesitation for the dragon to strike. With that, she slithers from the bush entirely and, prize in mouth, starts her short flight home. [center]---[/center] Greeted by the singing of wind chimes decorating the entrance to the lair, Shamblestar stumbles into her lairmate’s nest, thrown so off-kilter by the weight of the prey that landing gracefully is not an option. Leaves and shreds of parchment shift about as she crashes into the bed. “Woah, a rabbit! I haven’t seen one of those for ages. Good catch.” Babaye tilts his beaked face towards her, so excited about her successful hunt that he tries not to think about the blood streaming onto his clean nest. Dislodging the bunny from the spiral’s exhausted jaws to hang outside, he comments, “Shame we couldn’t keep the little thing alive though, to breed with the next one we see.” Shamblestar jolts up with indignation upon hearing this. “And what, you don’t think the harpies could sniff out a bunny farm?” She hisses, feeling insulted by his suggestion, before falling back into the nest to relax her aching muscles. He prefers to avoid arguing with her on this topic, and decides not to respond. Babaye begins to clean up around her, and even wipes some of the red off of her face. He struggles to remember the last time he’d seen her so worn out. [i]Growing presence of the nearby Harpy clans had really been affecting the meat supply of the area, leading dragons to have to hunt further and further away from their lairs each day - although this is something a herbivore like himself doesn’t have to worry much about[/i]. [center]---[/center] Babaye goes outside to practise his fighting skills on a makeshift training dummy made of logs hastily fastened together, leaving his friend to rest in their hut. As usual, he works hard to improve his combat skills, although there's only so much to be learned from fighting a chunk of wood. “Hey! hey!” a powerful and familiar voice interrupts the determined focus of his training session. Frustrated, he turns to the much larger, much more imposing dragon behind him, careful not to let his aggravation show. “Cactus! You’re back….” his response reeks of false enthusiasm, although it doesn’t seem to bother the wildclaw, who adjusts her gold goggles with claws made of a similar metal. The packs of random wares strapped to her sides are unusually empty today, likely due to the lack of customers in the area now. “I saw Shamblestar’s managed to grab herself a rabbit! Maybe you two are getting back on track?” she speaks with clarity, eloquence and an air of dominance that makes anything she says manage to sound like a threat. “Oh, yeah, she got that a few hours ago, and has been napping ever since. How are you still finding enough meat to even be out here anymore?” replies Babaye, politely resting his wooden sword against a tree, in a subtle display of submission. “Me? I just eat the harpies. They always try to ambush me on my usual route. I don’t know what they’re thinking! Ha ha ha!” she chuckles, shaking her head in feigned disbelief that [i]anybody could think[/i] they even had a [i]chance[/i] in a fight with her. “So, what do you need today?” He pauses for a moment to think, before giving his apprehensive reply, scratching his hand nervously, “Actually nothing… Exactly… I was thinking about something you might be able to help with though. You travel from place to place all the time, right? D-do you know where we could go… Like… To live…?” Her obscured eyes widen as she juts her head back in surprise. “Wow, okay. You two really want to up and move then? What happened to all that stuff about sticking to your roots?” “It’s not that that doesn’t bother me still… I hate to see this place completely empty. But it feels like we’re just not going to manage here much longer at all. And if one of those beastclans came for our lair... We’d be done for.” Babaye explains as feelings of loss wash over him, the thought of his beloved childhood village being completely deserted settles as a knot in his stomach. [center]---[/center] At this point in their discussion, Shamblestar steps into the conversation, still weary from her nap, “You… Finally want to move?” she asks, bewildered. Her blurry, sleepy eyes light up and images of exciting adventures and travels flicker through her mind. Cactus shifts her stance to face the spiral, absolutely towering over her tiny body. She can see this is a sore point in their friendship, and finds this an awkward encounter to be a part of. Although she's known them both for a long time, the vulnerability of this sort of emotional conversation is something that repulses her. “Yes. I admit now that we’ve lost too much to be able to salvage. We have to move on. I mean… [i]I[/i] have to move on.”
Clan Origin
0dfbOtD.png

35301959_350.png
Shamblestar

35301960_350.png
Babaye

24410470_350.png

Cactus

With a restrained jab of a barbed tail tip, gentle impact rustles the leaves with much more precision than the constant stream of cool breezes that usually pass over the Zephyr Steps. A cottontail rabbit bursts through the other side of the bush, instinctively bounding away from the noise, and directly into the trap. Walls of muscle positioned in front of the exit route make up for stubby arms in hindering the animal’s attempted escape, allowing just enough extra time in the rabbit’s hesitation for the dragon to strike. With that, she slithers from the bush entirely and, prize in mouth, starts her short flight home.
---

Greeted by the singing of wind chimes decorating the entrance to the lair, Shamblestar stumbles into her lairmate’s nest, thrown so off-kilter by the weight of the prey that landing gracefully is not an option. Leaves and shreds of parchment shift about as she crashes into the bed.

“Woah, a rabbit! I haven’t seen one of those for ages. Good catch.” Babaye tilts his beaked face towards her, so excited about her successful hunt that he tries not to think about the blood streaming onto his clean nest. Dislodging the bunny from the spiral’s exhausted jaws to hang outside, he comments, “Shame we couldn’t keep the little thing alive though, to breed with the next one we see.”

Shamblestar jolts up with indignation upon hearing this. “And what, you don’t think the harpies could sniff out a bunny farm?” She hisses, feeling insulted by his suggestion, before falling back into the nest to relax her aching muscles.

He prefers to avoid arguing with her on this topic, and decides not to respond. Babaye begins to clean up around her, and even wipes some of the red off of her face. He struggles to remember the last time he’d seen her so worn out.

Growing presence of the nearby Harpy clans had really been affecting the meat supply of the area, leading dragons to have to hunt further and further away from their lairs each day - although this is something a herbivore like himself doesn’t have to worry much about.
---

Babaye goes outside to practise his fighting skills on a makeshift training dummy made of logs hastily fastened together, leaving his friend to rest in their hut. As usual, he works hard to improve his combat skills, although there's only so much to be learned from fighting a chunk of wood.

“Hey! hey!” a powerful and familiar voice interrupts the determined focus of his training session. Frustrated, he turns to the much larger, much more imposing dragon behind him, careful not to let his aggravation show.

“Cactus! You’re back….” his response reeks of false enthusiasm, although it doesn’t seem to bother the wildclaw, who adjusts her gold goggles with claws made of a similar metal. The packs of random wares strapped to her sides are unusually empty today, likely due to the lack of customers in the area now.

“I saw Shamblestar’s managed to grab herself a rabbit! Maybe you two are getting back on track?” she speaks with clarity, eloquence and an air of dominance that makes anything she says manage to sound like a threat.

“Oh, yeah, she got that a few hours ago, and has been napping ever since. How are you still finding enough meat to even be out here anymore?” replies Babaye, politely resting his wooden sword against a tree, in a subtle display of submission.

“Me? I just eat the harpies. They always try to ambush me on my usual route. I don’t know what they’re thinking! Ha ha ha!” she chuckles, shaking her head in feigned disbelief that anybody could think they even had a chance in a fight with her. “So, what do you need today?”

He pauses for a moment to think, before giving his apprehensive reply, scratching his hand nervously, “Actually nothing… Exactly… I was thinking about something you might be able to help with though. You travel from place to place all the time, right? D-do you know where we could go… Like… To live…?”

Her obscured eyes widen as she juts her head back in surprise. “Wow, okay. You two really want to up and move then? What happened to all that stuff about sticking to your roots?”

“It’s not that that doesn’t bother me still… I hate to see this place completely empty. But it feels like we’re just not going to manage here much longer at all. And if one of those beastclans came for our lair... We’d be done for.” Babaye explains as feelings of loss wash over him, the thought of his beloved childhood village being completely deserted settles as a knot in his stomach.
---

At this point in their discussion, Shamblestar steps into the conversation, still weary from her nap, “You… Finally want to move?” she asks, bewildered. Her blurry, sleepy eyes light up and images of exciting adventures and travels flicker through her mind.

Cactus shifts her stance to face the spiral, absolutely towering over her tiny body. She can see this is a sore point in their friendship, and finds this an awkward encounter to be a part of. Although she's known them both for a long time, the vulnerability of this sort of emotional conversation is something that repulses her.

“Yes. I admit now that we’ve lost too much to be able to salvage. We have to move on. I mean… I have to move on.”