Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Everything’s Fine: A Timelocke
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 39 40
@Shadowbirch

Pinkerton does like to rub it in, doesn't he...
@Shadowbirch

Pinkerton does like to rub it in, doesn't he...
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@ilimati @relics @petall
Hi! No entries this late, just wanting to let you know that I’ve begun to add some extra lore snippets hidden in the pages. What’s a good, questionable science experiment without some digging, right? More details on the way these clues are hidden are on the welcome page, so feel free to check that out! Please don’t spoil stuff here though, I’d hate to see that ;-; Anyways, I’m going to log off for the night after a few more lore snippets. Happy hunting!
@ilimati @relics @petall
Hi! No entries this late, just wanting to let you know that I’ve begun to add some extra lore snippets hidden in the pages. What’s a good, questionable science experiment without some digging, right? More details on the way these clues are hidden are on the welcome page, so feel free to check that out! Please don’t spoil stuff here though, I’d hate to see that ;-; Anyways, I’m going to log off for the night after a few more lore snippets. Happy hunting!
083.8.sel.png

Gale, they/them
FR +3

FAQ
[url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2427899#post_2427899]Welcome Page[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2427899#post_32934747]Cast[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2427899#post_32934749]Graveyard[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2427899#post_32934770]Main Directory[/url] [center][b]Day 4: Oh. Oh no.[/b] Roll: 33, challenge [item=ivy][item=Patio rose][item=ivy] Azul continued into the woods first, the new leader of the test subjects. He spiraled forward with apprehension, knowing, [i]remembering[/i] something had happened here once before. He saw nothing but a small clearing and some scattered ash close by, along with one red snapdragon. He recoiled at the sight on instinct, then began to turn back. Some things were best left alone. Tree, almost fifteen minutes after turning back, began to feel heavy and tired. He ached, and it seemed to resonate in his very bones how imperative it was to rest. After telling Azul, the two had an early lunch and Tree fell asleep almost immediately. He dreamt of a glowing forest whispering its secrets to him. The sight was intriguing, yet horrifying. As the Wildclaw was in a peaceful slumber, his form molded like a putty, his muscles becoming leaner and his bones thicker. Small, deep green clusters began to sprout from the holes in his wings, which grew into blooming clusters of ivy and moss. Almost as if to complete his change, from his head grew small clusters of patio roses, making a flower crown. The blood produced by these new growths was soon absorbed by the ever-hungry plants. Tree awoke in pain. The holes in his body weren’t bleeding because ofhis new plants, but he could feel each root digging into his muscles and filling his bones. His wings sagged with heavy vines, dragging along the ground as he rose to his feet. He couldn’t move them. The nerves were shot. Azul helped the young experiment tuck in his wings, and then the two continued towards the clearing, where there would be a better chance of making camp for the night.[/center] [color=transparent]Oh god. The subject is changing too fast.[/color] Pinglist: @/ilimati @/petall @/relics Well... since Tree had a near-death experience today I figured we’d shake things up a bit! Poor Azul. He’s watched one person die and another shift into a garden. At least he doesn’t remember all of it?
Welcome Page | Cast | Graveyard | Main Directory
Day 4: Oh. Oh no.
Roll: 33, challenge
Ivy Patio Rose Ivy

Azul continued into the woods first, the new leader of the test subjects. He spiraled forward with apprehension, knowing, remembering something had happened here once before. He saw nothing but a small clearing and some scattered ash close by, along with one red snapdragon. He recoiled at the sight on instinct, then began to turn back. Some things were best left alone.

Tree, almost fifteen minutes after turning back, began to feel heavy and tired. He ached, and it seemed to resonate in his very bones how imperative it was to rest. After telling Azul, the two had an early lunch and Tree fell asleep almost immediately. He dreamt of a glowing forest whispering its secrets to him.

The sight was intriguing, yet horrifying. As the Wildclaw was in a peaceful slumber, his form molded like a putty, his muscles becoming leaner and his bones thicker. Small, deep green clusters began to sprout from the holes in his wings, which grew into blooming clusters of ivy and moss. Almost as if to complete his change, from his head grew small clusters of patio roses, making a flower crown. The blood produced by these new growths was soon absorbed by the ever-hungry plants.

Tree awoke in pain. The holes in his body weren’t bleeding because ofhis new plants, but he could feel each root digging into his muscles and filling his bones. His wings sagged with heavy vines, dragging along the ground as he rose to his feet. He couldn’t move them. The nerves were shot. Azul helped the young experiment tuck in his wings, and then the two continued towards the clearing, where there would be a better chance of making camp for the night.
Oh god. The subject is changing too fast.
Pinglist:
@/ilimati @/petall @/relics
Well... since Tree had a near-death experience today I figured we’d shake things up a bit! Poor Azul. He’s watched one person die and another shift into a garden. At least he doesn’t remember all of it?
083.8.sel.png

Gale, they/them
FR +3

FAQ
What is going on. People act like sprouting a vegan lunch is normal around here.
What is going on. People act like sprouting a vegan lunch is normal around here.
Live today. Don’t wait for tomorrow.
sz13nwR.png
untitled_by_someoneanrgything-dbxcqk7.png
@relics oh my god. I can’t deal with that comment XD but yeah it’s “normal”, at least to the scientists at least. Azul’s just kinda too shocked to really do anything right now, which is why he’s just going through the motions instead of actually helping Tree out.
Edit: I also forgot to mention that they’re isolated from all dragonkind (save [REDACTED] employees), so normal dragons don’t know what’s going down in Project Paradise. If they did, they would react like us seeing a human chia pet. Hope that clears things up, but I’m free to take more questions ^-^
@relics oh my god. I can’t deal with that comment XD but yeah it’s “normal”, at least to the scientists at least. Azul’s just kinda too shocked to really do anything right now, which is why he’s just going through the motions instead of actually helping Tree out.
Edit: I also forgot to mention that they’re isolated from all dragonkind (save [REDACTED] employees), so normal dragons don’t know what’s going down in Project Paradise. If they did, they would react like us seeing a human chia pet. Hope that clears things up, but I’m free to take more questions ^-^
083.8.sel.png

Gale, they/them
FR +3

FAQ
@Shadowbirch

Oh gosh, you scared me there! I'm so glad Tree is still alive!!!
@Shadowbirch

Oh gosh, you scared me there! I'm so glad Tree is still alive!!!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@petall Yeah, Tree is fine! Everything’s fine, actually.
@petall Yeah, Tree is fine! Everything’s fine, actually.
083.8.sel.png

Gale, they/them
FR +3

FAQ
@Shadowbirch

*finger guns* Eyyyy
@Shadowbirch

*finger guns* Eyyyy
[url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2427899#post_2427899]Welcome Page[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2427899#post_32934747]Cast[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2427899#post_32934749]Graveyard[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2427899#post_32934770]Main Directory[/url] [center][b]Day 5: A New Hope[/b] Roll: 155, New Dragon! [item=Myosotis][item=pine branch][item=myosotis] As the sun dawned on a New day, Tree and Azul dragged themselves into the clearing to an intriguing sight. In the half-light of dawn, a dark form could be seen near the lake. It paddled at the water with small claws, and was humming to itself. Azul crept closer to the creature, with Tree dragging along behind him slowly and deliberately. It was a young coatl. She had purple wings, and dark, smoky patterns. She greeted Azul with a friendly enough reaction, but when she saw Tree, almost fully grown over by ivy by now, she dove into the clear pool and refused to come out. “Hey, can we know your name?” Azul shouted, debating whether to send Tree into the pool or not. “It’s Wisteria. Keep you and your- your weird tree thing away from me.” She floated on her back, her wings askew beside her. “I don’t even know where I am.” “We can help you. Please come with us.” Tree spoke for the first time since he awoke, but his voice was raspy and was barely heard by Wisteria across the pond. Even so, she slowly paddled back to shore and shook off. After nibbling on a few of Tree’s ivy vines, the young coatl went to sleep. Azul fell asleep quickly after, leaving Tree alone and awake to guard them. [rule] “We introduced a new subject as you asked us to.” Alastra sat in the Project Head’s office again, reviewing the results. “And 2 has begun to grow plants. The growth was sudden, but he is expected to continue living.” “Any other news on the subjects? Is there footage of 2 growing plants or was it gradual?” The Manager sat down, working on another project report for the main sector of the company. They were pleased so far by the results (though 1’s death was a pity) and expected more. “It was sudden. The experiment fell asleep and underwent a complete transformation.” “Ah, I see. Well, implement the new cam-bots tomorrow. We need higher quality footage for the higher-ups and they’ve sent us new ones.” “Alright, I will get on it.” Alastra left the Head in silence, and she absentmindedly ran her claws through her mane. It was going too soon, but then again, time doesn’t wait for things. Everything would be fine. Pinglist: @ilimati @petall @relics We have a new dragon! I’m so stoked about Wisteria, and I pray RNG doesn’t make me turn her into a garden like Tree. Sorry Tree.
Welcome Page | Cast | Graveyard | Main Directory
Day 5: A New Hope
Roll: 155, New Dragon!
Myosotis Pine Branch Myosotis

As the sun dawned on a New day, Tree and Azul dragged themselves into the clearing to an intriguing sight. In the half-light of dawn, a dark form could be seen near the lake. It paddled at the water with small claws, and was humming to itself. Azul crept closer to the creature, with Tree dragging along behind him slowly and deliberately.

It was a young coatl. She had purple wings, and dark, smoky patterns. She greeted Azul with a friendly enough reaction, but when she saw Tree, almost fully grown over by ivy by now, she dove into the clear pool and refused to come out.
“Hey, can we know your name?” Azul shouted, debating whether to send Tree into the pool or not.
“It’s Wisteria. Keep you and your- your weird tree thing away from me.” She floated on her back, her wings askew beside her. “I don’t even know where I am.”
“We can help you. Please come with us.” Tree spoke for the first time since he awoke, but his voice was raspy and was barely heard by Wisteria across the pond. Even so, she slowly paddled back to shore and shook off. After nibbling on a few of Tree’s ivy vines, the young coatl went to sleep. Azul fell asleep quickly after, leaving Tree alone and awake to guard them.

“We introduced a new subject as you asked us to.” Alastra sat in the Project Head’s office again, reviewing the results. “And 2 has begun to grow plants. The growth was sudden, but he is expected to continue living.”
“Any other news on the subjects? Is there footage of 2 growing plants or was it gradual?” The Manager sat down, working on another project report for the main sector of the company. They were pleased so far by the results (though 1’s death was a pity) and expected more.
“It was sudden. The experiment fell asleep and underwent a complete transformation.”
“Ah, I see. Well, implement the new cam-bots tomorrow. We need higher quality footage for the higher-ups and they’ve sent us new ones.”
“Alright, I will get on it.” Alastra left the Head in silence, and she absentmindedly ran her claws through her mane. It was going too soon, but then again, time doesn’t wait for things. Everything would be fine.

Pinglist:
@ilimati @petall @relics
We have a new dragon! I’m so stoked about Wisteria, and I pray RNG doesn’t make me turn her into a garden like Tree. Sorry Tree.
083.8.sel.png

Gale, they/them
FR +3

FAQ
@Shadowbirch

Oooooo a new character!!! How exciting!!!
@Shadowbirch

Oooooo a new character!!! How exciting!!!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 39 40