Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Tales of Clan Ruathil - Continual WIP
1 2

Short Stories in the Clan

Regis, the King of Hearts

Once upon a time, there were a group of hatchlings of every flight, and each donned upon themselves a crown.

"I'm the King of Fire!"

"And I'm the King of Ice! ...hey, stop melting my ice!"

"I'm the Water King, I'll come to your aid!"

"Lightning King takes the stage!"

"I-I'm the Earth King! L-Lightning King, calm down!"

"Nyoooo, you'll burn all my cabbages!"

"I'll rot your cabbages for you~!"

"The Windy King commands that everybody plays nice and comes join me for a snack~!"

"I am the King of Brilliance, and I shall join y--Shadow King, stop digging pitfalls!"

"Hehehe~"

"I'll totally teleport anyone who falls in out of it! I just have to--...whoops."

And so it was, in the chaos of tiny monarchies, that Regis came passing by. Witnessing the chaos, he stopped, and all the hatchlings froze to stare up at the giant imperial. Were they in trouble?

...after several moments of watching, the obsidian imperial bowed his head. "Your majesties." With that simple pleasantry, he was on his way once more, the tiny monarchs looking after him in wide-eyed awe.

"And that," proclaims Antares, "is why the hatchlings all fuss over him. He's the King of their hearts, after all~"

"Oh, you." Valentine giggles. "Tell me another story! I love hearing about everyone from you!"

Antares flips his mane fabulously, bearing a delighted smile. "Well~ I--"

"How many times are you going to tell that one?" Regis pokes his head into the room, watching Antares quietly, his expression calm and reserved.

"Eek! Ehaha, Regis, didn't notice you there. And well... y'know...."

"You should tell her about the time we sparred instead. It's far more entertaining."

"Ooooh, yes! Let me hear that one!" Valentine perks up, wriggling excitedly with bright eyes.

Antares coughs, clearing his throat. "Y-yes, well... it lasted barely a moment...."

Regis turns and leaves then, leaving the poor skydancer to his fate... and once he's out of view, one of his rare small smiles crosses his muzzle. What to do today...?

Short Stories in the Clan

Regis, the King of Hearts

Once upon a time, there were a group of hatchlings of every flight, and each donned upon themselves a crown.

"I'm the King of Fire!"

"And I'm the King of Ice! ...hey, stop melting my ice!"

"I'm the Water King, I'll come to your aid!"

"Lightning King takes the stage!"

"I-I'm the Earth King! L-Lightning King, calm down!"

"Nyoooo, you'll burn all my cabbages!"

"I'll rot your cabbages for you~!"

"The Windy King commands that everybody plays nice and comes join me for a snack~!"

"I am the King of Brilliance, and I shall join y--Shadow King, stop digging pitfalls!"

"Hehehe~"

"I'll totally teleport anyone who falls in out of it! I just have to--...whoops."

And so it was, in the chaos of tiny monarchies, that Regis came passing by. Witnessing the chaos, he stopped, and all the hatchlings froze to stare up at the giant imperial. Were they in trouble?

...after several moments of watching, the obsidian imperial bowed his head. "Your majesties." With that simple pleasantry, he was on his way once more, the tiny monarchs looking after him in wide-eyed awe.

"And that," proclaims Antares, "is why the hatchlings all fuss over him. He's the King of their hearts, after all~"

"Oh, you." Valentine giggles. "Tell me another story! I love hearing about everyone from you!"

Antares flips his mane fabulously, bearing a delighted smile. "Well~ I--"

"How many times are you going to tell that one?" Regis pokes his head into the room, watching Antares quietly, his expression calm and reserved.

"Eek! Ehaha, Regis, didn't notice you there. And well... y'know...."

"You should tell her about the time we sparred instead. It's far more entertaining."

"Ooooh, yes! Let me hear that one!" Valentine perks up, wriggling excitedly with bright eyes.

Antares coughs, clearing his throat. "Y-yes, well... it lasted barely a moment...."

Regis turns and leaves then, leaving the poor skydancer to his fate... and once he's out of view, one of his rare small smiles crosses his muzzle. What to do today...?

UwUnl7O.pngxfYBtKx.png6Yw92x7.png
reserved 11
reserved 11
reserved 12
reserved 12
reserved 13
reserved 13
reserved 14
reserved 14