Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | How do you handle food in lore?
1 2 3
Most dragons grow their own food! Or go to Zachary and Iska for food credit.

There are specialized food dragons though. Gelato makes ice cream.
Most dragons grow their own food! Or go to Zachary and Iska for food credit.

There are specialized food dragons though. Gelato makes ice cream.
always lurking. g1 collector
373.gif401.gif
My clan uses the gathering system just like normal on FR. Different patrols are sent out at different times to different territories on different days (That's a lot of different, I know!).

I have a "lead" dragon for each gathering type, these are just dragons who are the best at a certain type of gathering.

All food is kept in a storage vault for dragons to use as needed. There is a clan chef who can prepare big meals for the mess hall, but not everyone in the clan joins in on those at all times. Some need an "on the go" meal.

My clan also has a greenhouse that grows both edible and non-edible fruits, veggies, and general plants. It's not enough to supply the clan though. Fishing is the easiest way to get food in a pinch, since my clan exists as a sort of island, so all you gotta do is take a dive (if you can handle to cold sea!).
My clan uses the gathering system just like normal on FR. Different patrols are sent out at different times to different territories on different days (That's a lot of different, I know!).

I have a "lead" dragon for each gathering type, these are just dragons who are the best at a certain type of gathering.

All food is kept in a storage vault for dragons to use as needed. There is a clan chef who can prepare big meals for the mess hall, but not everyone in the clan joins in on those at all times. Some need an "on the go" meal.

My clan also has a greenhouse that grows both edible and non-edible fruits, veggies, and general plants. It's not enough to supply the clan though. Fishing is the easiest way to get food in a pinch, since my clan exists as a sort of island, so all you gotta do is take a dive (if you can handle to cold sea!).
3fd02646aa3f6db04d36eb0a1e9dd03f2a556031.png35245a3da26aa58014493e26dad7707b9eb43417.pngdd18029f6d9f47907dfd09694a95608b0e2e91f9.png
46d82f0c63d3b63c971b1bd6da653380c59c0d22.pnge0d4d34a1aeb0889910ad9f6a3bae8a652c9f3a6.pnge669256c8c8a9d2679c5f85b8ee6d9bdeff0a06f.png
@Cumulus
pinging the thrad maker just incase they are not subbed.
@Cumulus
pinging the thrad maker just incase they are not subbed.
ary22F6.gif5nBi9J2.gifOfF9Gci.gif
The way I do it in my clan is there is a ranch and some gatherers but the clan does have to trade their surplus meat for other foods. From there the food is generally prepared by the cook and is shared freely ^^
The way I do it in my clan is there is a ranch and some gatherers but the clan does have to trade their surplus meat for other foods. From there the food is generally prepared by the cook and is shared freely ^^
I lost all my bones in the war
My clan just has the inhabitants take turns going out fishing and whatnot. Usually they're overseen by Silvy, the lightning rep, whose gadgets help the work go by. Though she sometimes wonders if flight reps are supposed to do any heavy lifting when she's out and about with whoever is stuck with food duty for the day.
My clan just has the inhabitants take turns going out fishing and whatnot. Usually they're overseen by Silvy, the lightning rep, whose gadgets help the work go by. Though she sometimes wonders if flight reps are supposed to do any heavy lifting when she's out and about with whoever is stuck with food duty for the day.
XOxv5KE.png
@Flamestar03

The shadow hunt seems really interesting! It’s a really unique idea and it’s realky interesting for me to see that little tidbit on how your lair interacts with their surroundings!

@catgame21234

Good luck on your recipe hunt! I really like the idea you have of your lair being an inn, and Snackers seems great at his job!

@JonTargaryen

I really like how in-depth your lore is! Your lair is really unique and I love the idea of the green house! Snabbage Patch Farms is really cute also!

@MagicSpyglass

That’s nice, I like the little extra roles some dragons have! I’m sure the small clan makes the lore around things like feeding everyone more convenient!

@CrAZDragon

Feral dragons aren’t super common from what I see! Though my dragons are pretty human like I agree with you, it feels kind of weird for me to imagine dragons cooking and preparing their food!

@biochemist
The idea of food credit is interesting!

@Bekuno

I really like the green house! I also like the mess hall idea!

@Remuta
The ranch is an interesting idea! If you don’t mind me asking, what types of animals do you have there?
@Flamestar03

The shadow hunt seems really interesting! It’s a really unique idea and it’s realky interesting for me to see that little tidbit on how your lair interacts with their surroundings!

@catgame21234

Good luck on your recipe hunt! I really like the idea you have of your lair being an inn, and Snackers seems great at his job!

@JonTargaryen

I really like how in-depth your lore is! Your lair is really unique and I love the idea of the green house! Snabbage Patch Farms is really cute also!

@MagicSpyglass

That’s nice, I like the little extra roles some dragons have! I’m sure the small clan makes the lore around things like feeding everyone more convenient!

@CrAZDragon

Feral dragons aren’t super common from what I see! Though my dragons are pretty human like I agree with you, it feels kind of weird for me to imagine dragons cooking and preparing their food!

@biochemist
The idea of food credit is interesting!

@Bekuno

I really like the green house! I also like the mess hall idea!

@Remuta
The ranch is an interesting idea! If you don’t mind me asking, what types of animals do you have there?
IMG_5287.png

They/Them
FR+3
Art
Shop

ACOZFAh.png

mtHAEL4.png

tyEuRXe.png
My clan eats a terrifying amount of meat (and fish when meat isn't available), so I have an entire sect of my clan dedicated to hunters (for meat and fish), and a smaller group dedicated to gathering (insects and plants). We're largely nomadic, so farming isn't really a thing that we do. We are mercs by trade, so every now and then we'll take a job for the food, but only when we're getting really desperate.
My clan eats a terrifying amount of meat (and fish when meat isn't available), so I have an entire sect of my clan dedicated to hunters (for meat and fish), and a smaller group dedicated to gathering (insects and plants). We're largely nomadic, so farming isn't really a thing that we do. We are mercs by trade, so every now and then we'll take a job for the food, but only when we're getting really desperate.
mirror_chib8.png
tumblr_n8h81aIYJy1si697do4_500.png
See a Mirror, pick it up, all week long you'll have
too many mirrors and no more food
help me please they're eating everything
On an unrelated note, if you have nice Mirrors to sell...
@Cumulus

Aww, thank you so much! :3
@Cumulus

Aww, thank you so much! :3
OwO
@Cumulus

Thank you ^^ I actually haven't fully thought through what animals are raised there, so you asking is actually a great opportunity for me to work on that!

I'm thinking some larger beasts that may be somewhat (or very) difficult to control, so the clan has a bit of a niche with uncommon/rare meats as an export.

(I forgot to mention the clan also has a beekeeper, so bee related products are also traded for needed foods and other goods)
@Cumulus

Thank you ^^ I actually haven't fully thought through what animals are raised there, so you asking is actually a great opportunity for me to work on that!

I'm thinking some larger beasts that may be somewhat (or very) difficult to control, so the clan has a bit of a niche with uncommon/rare meats as an export.

(I forgot to mention the clan also has a beekeeper, so bee related products are also traded for needed foods and other goods)
I lost all my bones in the war
I’ve come up with my own ideas :0

A steady supply of food is kept in a special storage area, and the clans inhabitants are free to take what they need. The foods found here are mainly staples. More luxurious items are often traded for. Many dragons will seek out special items for certain recipes, and these are specially ordered from other clans, picked up at the trading posts, or bartered for.

The meat from the clan has a few main sources. The clans warriors defend the territory from hostile forces. The most common of which are various creatures that inhabit the wilds around the clan. Any felled creatures are brought back to the clan to be butchered and sorted by Capillary. This food goes to the stores, and any other products are kept at Capillary’s den for trade. Many visit his den often to collect any items they have use for, say a pelt for warmth, or some bones for a spell. Once the trading day comes, all left over materials are taken to the trading post.

Another source is from the clans hunter. They bring the majority of game to Capillary to be dealt with in a similar way, but the hunter can also choose to keep certain game, and these specialty items, often rarer animals, are sold or traded among the clan.

The clan has one main trading partner where the majority of meat comes from. One neighboring clan raises a number of herds and flocks, and they regularly trade their surplus food with the Drakewoods in exchange for vegetation and other goods. Shipments are periodically sent between the two clans.

The clan has two main sources of vegetation. The largest one is from a small farm near the edge of the clans territory. The large amounts of nature magic permeating the area make the land very fertile. The farmers here grow a variety of crops year round, mainly staple foods. The farm produces a surplus, and this is often traded to other clans for different categories of food. Food that isn’t traded is sent to the food stores.

Foraging is the other source of the clans plant material. The clans forager collects a wider variety of flora from the clans territory and delivers it to the clans food stores, with a few exceptions. Any medicinal plants collected are delivered to Paloma, the clans healer.

Aside from this, most dragons in the Drakewoods have their own personal gardens, where they grow plants for their own use. The clan’s clergy grow a number of ceremonial and sacred plants, and merchants like Skye, a florist, grow their own stock.

Insects are mainly raised by one dragon. They breed a number of insects for many reasons, including for food. Along with food insects, they also breed silkworms to collect their silk. They also have a number of small traps set around the clan’s territory, and regularly check these for more specimens.

Seafood is another of the clan’s main imports. The clan does have a fisherman, Marina who provides seafood for the clan. However, she is careful to not overfish the clan’s rivers, so the supply’s are supplemented by traded food. The clans main trade partner is a large clan located near the coast of the Viridian Labyrinth. They are able to fish up large amounts of seafood, and offer it for trade. The trading protocols are very similar to those with the meat providing clan.

Any food dragons personally collect or grow is free for their use, they are not obligated to place it in the stores. These catches are often used for personal use or traded both within the clan and at trading posts. Dragons are also free to purchase or order food for personal use at the trading post, or among eachother.

Most dragons prepare their own food. Sappho runs a restaurant in the clan, where dragons can purchase meals and baked goods. Chamomile sells and brews teas, though she will freely gift her blends to her clan members.
I’ve come up with my own ideas :0

A steady supply of food is kept in a special storage area, and the clans inhabitants are free to take what they need. The foods found here are mainly staples. More luxurious items are often traded for. Many dragons will seek out special items for certain recipes, and these are specially ordered from other clans, picked up at the trading posts, or bartered for.

The meat from the clan has a few main sources. The clans warriors defend the territory from hostile forces. The most common of which are various creatures that inhabit the wilds around the clan. Any felled creatures are brought back to the clan to be butchered and sorted by Capillary. This food goes to the stores, and any other products are kept at Capillary’s den for trade. Many visit his den often to collect any items they have use for, say a pelt for warmth, or some bones for a spell. Once the trading day comes, all left over materials are taken to the trading post.

Another source is from the clans hunter. They bring the majority of game to Capillary to be dealt with in a similar way, but the hunter can also choose to keep certain game, and these specialty items, often rarer animals, are sold or traded among the clan.

The clan has one main trading partner where the majority of meat comes from. One neighboring clan raises a number of herds and flocks, and they regularly trade their surplus food with the Drakewoods in exchange for vegetation and other goods. Shipments are periodically sent between the two clans.

The clan has two main sources of vegetation. The largest one is from a small farm near the edge of the clans territory. The large amounts of nature magic permeating the area make the land very fertile. The farmers here grow a variety of crops year round, mainly staple foods. The farm produces a surplus, and this is often traded to other clans for different categories of food. Food that isn’t traded is sent to the food stores.

Foraging is the other source of the clans plant material. The clans forager collects a wider variety of flora from the clans territory and delivers it to the clans food stores, with a few exceptions. Any medicinal plants collected are delivered to Paloma, the clans healer.

Aside from this, most dragons in the Drakewoods have their own personal gardens, where they grow plants for their own use. The clan’s clergy grow a number of ceremonial and sacred plants, and merchants like Skye, a florist, grow their own stock.

Insects are mainly raised by one dragon. They breed a number of insects for many reasons, including for food. Along with food insects, they also breed silkworms to collect their silk. They also have a number of small traps set around the clan’s territory, and regularly check these for more specimens.

Seafood is another of the clan’s main imports. The clan does have a fisherman, Marina who provides seafood for the clan. However, she is careful to not overfish the clan’s rivers, so the supply’s are supplemented by traded food. The clans main trade partner is a large clan located near the coast of the Viridian Labyrinth. They are able to fish up large amounts of seafood, and offer it for trade. The trading protocols are very similar to those with the meat providing clan.

Any food dragons personally collect or grow is free for their use, they are not obligated to place it in the stores. These catches are often used for personal use or traded both within the clan and at trading posts. Dragons are also free to purchase or order food for personal use at the trading post, or among eachother.

Most dragons prepare their own food. Sappho runs a restaurant in the clan, where dragons can purchase meals and baked goods. Chamomile sells and brews teas, though she will freely gift her blends to her clan members.
IMG_5287.png

They/Them
FR+3
Art
Shop

ACOZFAh.png

mtHAEL4.png

tyEuRXe.png
1 2 3