Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | {lore} wanderrogues
table of contents:

- prologue

A collection of the stories of the Wanderrogue Pirates, starting from before their conception. You may post comments, questions, and ask to be on the pinglist.
table of contents:

- prologue

A collection of the stories of the Wanderrogue Pirates, starting from before their conception. You may post comments, questions, and ask to be on the pinglist.
Join Lore Buddies! -- tiny little writing shop
prologue

Once upon a time, many years ago, a Guardian dragonness was born. She was not the first of her kind, and she would not be the last, but she was important. This dragonness's name was Jyto, and she had a purpose far bigger than she realized.

On the day of her birth, she was visited by her birth Kingdom's King. She was the first of her parents' hatchlings, and therefore the heir to their inheritance. You see, Jyto was born a Duchess.

Because she was born a Duchess, this made her the perfect candidate for a mate for the Prince, Conenth. There were no other nearby Kingdoms with available Princesses or Duchesses of royal enough blood to make the King and Queen happy. Jyto was their last, and only, option.

"Her name is Jyto the Strong," her mother, Kinzia, said, showing the newborn off to the King. Though she had only been born a few days ago, her parents were eager to show her to the King and his Queen. If Jyto married the Prince, their lives would suddenly get much different, in the best way possible. "She was the only one to be born."

"Good, this means no competition," the King, Coren, said happily. "She will not have to worry about jealous sisters who wish to steal the Prince from her. I know how... competitive dragonnesses can get when it comes to drakes."

"So it is decided then?" Jyto's father, a strong Guardian like her named Aarathos asked. "She will be your Prince's mate?"

"Yes," Coren replied. "They will be wed when she is ten years old. It would be best to marry them young."

"Understood," both Aarathos and Kinzia said in unison. The baby Jyto still slept in her mother's arms, blissfully unaware that her life was being planned for her as they spoke.

Little did any of them know, Jyto would turn their plans on their head when she came of age.

But, for now, and for the next few years, Jyto would go along with their plans. As she grew older, it became more noticeable that she longed for something outside of her life as a Duchess. She would often stare at the special boats used for traversing the lava-strewn lands with wonder and hope in her eyes.

"Mama," she asked one day. "Will I be able to sail on one of those when I get big?"

"You'll be able to do whatever you wish," her mother replied. "If that is what you wish, that is what you will do."

Jyto's face beamed in delight. "Yes, that's what I want! Will my mate sail with me, too?"

"If he wants. Now, come, it's time for your lessons," Kinzia said, ushering the hatchling away with her tail.

She grew older still, and as her tenth birthday approached, Jyto began learning more about the dragon she was supposed to be betrothed to. She learned that he, too, was an only child. His parents had not had any before him, and had not had any after him, either. He was a quiet boy, a shy boy, and didn't open up to many other dragons. He preferred to be on his own.

He was the polar opposite of Jyto, and though she knew this, she still did not make a fuss.

As the day of their wedding drew ever closer, Jyto still did not protest. She was fitted for her dress and picked her bridesmaids and flower girl with gusto. There was no way she could know what kind of future would be awaiting her.

She finally met the drake she was going to be marrying on the day of their wedding. When she saw the young boy, not much older than her, standing at the altar, waiting for her...

She was impressed.

The two were married without much fuss. The ceremony was huge, because even though only the closest dragons were officially invited, the entire Kingdom waited outside of the church. And when they came out...

The crowds erupted into cheers.

After that, Jyto felt as though her life never knew peace. Constantly, she was asked when they were going to extend the family and have heirs of their own. She felt as though she was too young, though her parents and Conenth -- the Prince's -- parents were both encouraging them. Or rather, pressuring them.

Still, nothing happened until Jyto was fifteen. On that day, she found an abandoned nest, with a single hatchling sitting in the middle. She was a fae, and named her Tylia. Jyto said that she would be their heir.

And so life went on for them.
prologue

Once upon a time, many years ago, a Guardian dragonness was born. She was not the first of her kind, and she would not be the last, but she was important. This dragonness's name was Jyto, and she had a purpose far bigger than she realized.

On the day of her birth, she was visited by her birth Kingdom's King. She was the first of her parents' hatchlings, and therefore the heir to their inheritance. You see, Jyto was born a Duchess.

Because she was born a Duchess, this made her the perfect candidate for a mate for the Prince, Conenth. There were no other nearby Kingdoms with available Princesses or Duchesses of royal enough blood to make the King and Queen happy. Jyto was their last, and only, option.

"Her name is Jyto the Strong," her mother, Kinzia, said, showing the newborn off to the King. Though she had only been born a few days ago, her parents were eager to show her to the King and his Queen. If Jyto married the Prince, their lives would suddenly get much different, in the best way possible. "She was the only one to be born."

"Good, this means no competition," the King, Coren, said happily. "She will not have to worry about jealous sisters who wish to steal the Prince from her. I know how... competitive dragonnesses can get when it comes to drakes."

"So it is decided then?" Jyto's father, a strong Guardian like her named Aarathos asked. "She will be your Prince's mate?"

"Yes," Coren replied. "They will be wed when she is ten years old. It would be best to marry them young."

"Understood," both Aarathos and Kinzia said in unison. The baby Jyto still slept in her mother's arms, blissfully unaware that her life was being planned for her as they spoke.

Little did any of them know, Jyto would turn their plans on their head when she came of age.

But, for now, and for the next few years, Jyto would go along with their plans. As she grew older, it became more noticeable that she longed for something outside of her life as a Duchess. She would often stare at the special boats used for traversing the lava-strewn lands with wonder and hope in her eyes.

"Mama," she asked one day. "Will I be able to sail on one of those when I get big?"

"You'll be able to do whatever you wish," her mother replied. "If that is what you wish, that is what you will do."

Jyto's face beamed in delight. "Yes, that's what I want! Will my mate sail with me, too?"

"If he wants. Now, come, it's time for your lessons," Kinzia said, ushering the hatchling away with her tail.

She grew older still, and as her tenth birthday approached, Jyto began learning more about the dragon she was supposed to be betrothed to. She learned that he, too, was an only child. His parents had not had any before him, and had not had any after him, either. He was a quiet boy, a shy boy, and didn't open up to many other dragons. He preferred to be on his own.

He was the polar opposite of Jyto, and though she knew this, she still did not make a fuss.

As the day of their wedding drew ever closer, Jyto still did not protest. She was fitted for her dress and picked her bridesmaids and flower girl with gusto. There was no way she could know what kind of future would be awaiting her.

She finally met the drake she was going to be marrying on the day of their wedding. When she saw the young boy, not much older than her, standing at the altar, waiting for her...

She was impressed.

The two were married without much fuss. The ceremony was huge, because even though only the closest dragons were officially invited, the entire Kingdom waited outside of the church. And when they came out...

The crowds erupted into cheers.

After that, Jyto felt as though her life never knew peace. Constantly, she was asked when they were going to extend the family and have heirs of their own. She felt as though she was too young, though her parents and Conenth -- the Prince's -- parents were both encouraging them. Or rather, pressuring them.

Still, nothing happened until Jyto was fifteen. On that day, she found an abandoned nest, with a single hatchling sitting in the middle. She was a fae, and named her Tylia. Jyto said that she would be their heir.

And so life went on for them.
Join Lore Buddies! -- tiny little writing shop