Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | A Recounting of the Reforged [lore]
[size=4][center][i]Greetings! I am casanovasAnchor, often going by Nova. This thread is where I will write out my lore, and eventually seek out allies for my clan. I've written out an absurd amount of lore int he past, and have my full clan history well known to myself. But knowing my lore and sharing it are different things, and while I like to think I've no need for validation, it does feel good to see other folks enjoying the stories I've woven.[/center] [i]I've recently acquired a storyteller in my clan, and with the help of our archaeologist, he will be telling the story of my clan; the story of the Reforged. [columns] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/353546/35354563.png[/img][nextcol] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/339510/33950948.png[/img][/columns] I will be posting a new 'chapter' of their tale weekly, ideally on Wednesdays. After my initial weekly posting, I am more than happy to ICly answer questions. OOC I can talk any day of the week, but for the setting I've got going here IC will be limited to Wednesday. If you would like to be pinged upon update of my story, please let me know and I'll add you to a list that will be begun when needed. I've never done a big ol' fancy thread like this, so pardon any mess as I figure myself out here a bit. [CENTER][b]FIRST POST COMING SHORTLY AS I FINISH IT UP[/CENTER]
Greetings! I am casanovasAnchor, often going by Nova. This thread is where I will write out my lore, and eventually seek out allies for my clan. I've written out an absurd amount of lore int he past, and have my full clan history well known to myself. But knowing my lore and sharing it are different things, and while I like to think I've no need for validation, it does feel good to see other folks enjoying the stories I've woven.

I've recently acquired a storyteller in my clan, and with the help of our archaeologist, he will be telling the story of my clan; the story of the Reforged.
35354563.png 33950948.png

I will be posting a new 'chapter' of their tale weekly, ideally on Wednesdays. After my initial weekly posting, I am more than happy to ICly answer questions. OOC I can talk any day of the week, but for the setting I've got going here IC will be limited to Wednesday.

If you would like to be pinged upon update of my story, please let me know and I'll add you to a list that will be begun when needed.

I've never done a big ol' fancy thread like this, so pardon any mess as I figure myself out here a bit.

FIRST POST COMING SHORTLY AS I FINISH IT UP
tumblr_oznjwjuICW1w8xkufo8_250.png
SAVE

(may put quick recap here)
SAVE

(may put quick recap here)
Pinglist

@DuskAwakening
Pinglist

@DuskAwakening
When people told themselves their past with stories, explained their present with stories, foretold the future with stories, the best place by the fire was kept for... The Storyteller.
-Jim Henson, The Storyteller

There is a weekly gathering here on Sornieth, a place for dragons from all walks of life to come and meet those who would otherwise never cross their path. The host location is pre-charted, scheduled for a different flight-home each week to ensure no one is kept from these parties permanently...
When people told themselves their past with stories, explained their present with stories, foretold the future with stories, the best place by the fire was kept for... The Storyteller.
-Jim Henson, The Storyteller

There is a weekly gathering here on Sornieth, a place for dragons from all walks of life to come and meet those who would otherwise never cross their path. The host location is pre-charted, scheduled for a different flight-home each week to ensure no one is kept from these parties permanently...

This particular week the venue is among the Sunbeam Ruins, and more specifically amid the small woods to the north of both the Sundial Terrace and the Mirrorlight Promenade.
It is at a small, well-kept campfire that a black and gold skydancer lays, his wings folded neatly to his sides, leaving a near seamless connection from neck to lower back. His talons are folded neatly in front of him, and his face is shrouded by the pelt of a fiery red wolf. He eyes the small handful of dragons now gathered, curious as to what he plans to bring to the metaphorical table he’s set.

As his audience settles, he begins slowly.
“You’ve gathered here, not knowing what to expect, nor who I am. You’ve heard nothing of me, as I am new to these social gatherings…but I intend to return weekly, and share what I can of my clan’s story. We are not well off at this time, and while I am but new blood, I believe I hold the solution to our troubles.

“But first, I wish to share with you our tale. I can’t say how long it will take to tell, and I’ve told to live audiences sparingly; a quill is better suited to my talents, so forgive my uncertainty.”

He pauses briefly, and motions for a pearlcatcher clad in explorers gear forward.

“This is my assistant, and without him I would be unable to tell this tale. He is an archaeologist, but more than that, he dreams events, made more clear by—ah, Ferer perhaps you would explain better?”

The pearlcatcher- Ferer- nods and begins talking quickly, slurring his speech slightly as he outpaces his ability to speak coherently.

“See, I’ve been practicing a magic surrounding history; makes learning about places a lot easier, if you can see into their history with your own eyes, yes? But this process is made easier if I have a specific event to go on- even just the jist of a thing is enough to get into the dream most of the time. Now I call it a dream, but moreso it’s a plane of being, but not—well, I suppose that little detail isn’t important, and it’s hard to explain without proper terminology that I can’t think of right now.”

His cheeks darken as blood rushes to them, embarrassed and ready to stop talking,

“Essentially,”

he now speaks slower,

“I can see the past of a place through magic, the less aged it is, the easier to work. The more knowledge I have of the location, the clearer the picture. Th-that’s all needed to understand Shiho, who- he’s your storyteller, tonight.”

Clutching his pearl nervously, Ferer shrinks back to the shadows, blushing furiously as he mangles his speech and exit. Shiho, presumably the skydancer, nods graciously.

“Thank you for that, Ferer. With his knowledge of the past, I am able to recount that which I have not lived thoroughly. So tonight I begin where all tales of clans must begin; with the founder, and founding, of our current clan.”

“Our first tale is that of our founders; of the tempestuous fae, Althra, and the soft, curious mirror, Ryith. Their meeting was one borne from the storms of chance, and took place on a fittingly fitful night.”

Ferer emerged slightly from the shadows, fidgeting with his pearl and frowning lightly, and listening closely. To this, Shiho paid no mind save for a small smile.

“Althra had been flying several days, day and night, fleeing something she would not say. Had it not been for the storm that knocked her from the sky, one can only guess to how long she would have gone. And Ryith, well Ryith had been thrown from his pack but recently, and had been feeling rather lonesome and sorry for himself, as one is often want to do when a poor bout of fortune falls upon them. But had it not been for these two misfortunes, combined with the heavy pounding of the storm, they would not have met at all, and we would not be gathered here tonight.”

Ferer flicked an ear, as though he found a falsehood in Shiho’s speech.

“I think you put too much on them, who’s to say we wouldn’t have found our way here, with or without the Reforged? We all might be meeting regardless; you’re just embellishing for the sake of it.”

Shiho nodded,

“Well, this is possible, but I am a storyteller; a plain history is hardly worth hearing.”

Mischief danced in his eyes, and he continued.

“Now Althra was amidst this storm as it struck, and was tossed from the sky, quite unceremoniously, into the desert, sand-ridden domain of the Stormcatcher,”

Again, Ferer interrupted.

“You didn’t mention that they were both born in the Shifting Expanse and with a questionable lineage; for all we know, they could be descendants of the original Lightning dragons!”

At this, Shiho scoffed.

“Don’t be ridiculous, Ferer. Besides, it doesn’t pertain to our story.”

“Ryith saw her fall, a speck from the sky, hardly visible yes, but he investigated nonetheless. And good thing he did! She had been wounded badly by this fall, and he knew she would be unable to care for herself. So, being the lonely dragon he was, he decided to help her, and hopefully make a friend from this.”

Shiho paused, stoking the fire and considering his next words.

“She awoke, and upon seeing him decided she was not too injured to do battle. Without speaking a word, she attacked him. Needless to say, he was startled. “What are you doing?!” He demanded from her, both upset by her assault of him, and worried that she would injure herself more. He was in no danger- Althra being much smaller than him, could do little more than irk him, but the idea that she would attack him after he saved her…well, it was irritating to say the least! After much convincing, he settled her back to the makeshift nest he’d set her in, and spent a night thinking.”

“He thought and thought, until the stars had set and the sun began to rise, for he’d hoped to find a friend only mildly injured, but her injuries ran farther than her body…”

Ferer flicked his tail, irritated at Shiho’s telling once more.
“You make it sound like she’s severely psychologically damaged, all she’s done is attack a strange mirror after being thrown from the sky! Who knows, maybe that’s her natural state.”

Shiho chuckled lightly,

“Perhaps, but her attack thoroughly startled Ryith. He had saved her with the hope of getting to know her better, and to learn her story. He thought he was pretty sure she’d react mostly confused, but her attack…well, that was far from what he had expected. So the next morning he approached her, slowly and carefully, before speaking in a gentle tone.
“Who are you, little fae, to have fallen from the sky and landed so poorly in this desert?”
Althra didn’t like that, and simply stared at him coldly.

“He spoke to her a lot after that, carefully tending to her wounds and gathering food, all the while talking incessantly and she continued her solemn, hate-filled stare. It was three days and three nights before she spoke back to him, and to him she uttered but one word, spoken as a query:
“Why?”
At first he was startled, not expecting her voice to be so rough; so unused.
“’Why?’ what, fae?”
He managed, after a few moments of the silence that falls on confused folks.”

Another interruption from the pearlcatcher,

“You’ll find that silence here, among our audience.”

He added helpfully, to which Shiho frowned, but did not reply to.

“She did not give him another word, only stared at him, just as enigmatic as she had been before.
“Well,”
he began,
“I will simply presume you’re asking why I took the time to calm you down after your fit of rage. See, I’ve been alone longer than I’d like, and I was hoping to find a friend. I’m not sure how interesting that sounds to you, but I definitely am still willing to do this if you would agree not to bite my head off at any given point.”
Ryith was hopeful, he watched her gaze soften slightly, and breathed a sigh of relief as she spoke a handful of words in return.
“I do not care for mirrors, but I would be…willing to permit your presence near me.”
Althra was a decidedly queenly fae, and took her own position very seriously. This didn’t much impress Ryith, but it didn’t deter him either. So he was, more than anything, inspired by her words. Taking them as a challenge to him, that it would be that much more difficult, but ultimately more rewarding to befriend her.”

“Poor, naïve, foolish, Ryith. If only he had known what was in store for him…”

Ferer looked genuinely mournful, and Shiho smiled lightly.

“But that, friends, is a story for another week. For now I think I will cut this to an end, for the night grows to an end, and soon I must return to my clan, to continue living this story and experiencing these tales first-hand. I thank you for your time, and hope to see you again another week.”

Thank you for reading my first Wednesday Storytelling! I'm not 100% on this format, but it was the easiest for me to read personally. The big walls of text are overwhelming and annoying to me, I hope this was kinder on your eyes :)

This particular week the venue is among the Sunbeam Ruins, and more specifically amid the small woods to the north of both the Sundial Terrace and the Mirrorlight Promenade.
It is at a small, well-kept campfire that a black and gold skydancer lays, his wings folded neatly to his sides, leaving a near seamless connection from neck to lower back. His talons are folded neatly in front of him, and his face is shrouded by the pelt of a fiery red wolf. He eyes the small handful of dragons now gathered, curious as to what he plans to bring to the metaphorical table he’s set.

As his audience settles, he begins slowly.
“You’ve gathered here, not knowing what to expect, nor who I am. You’ve heard nothing of me, as I am new to these social gatherings…but I intend to return weekly, and share what I can of my clan’s story. We are not well off at this time, and while I am but new blood, I believe I hold the solution to our troubles.

“But first, I wish to share with you our tale. I can’t say how long it will take to tell, and I’ve told to live audiences sparingly; a quill is better suited to my talents, so forgive my uncertainty.”

He pauses briefly, and motions for a pearlcatcher clad in explorers gear forward.

“This is my assistant, and without him I would be unable to tell this tale. He is an archaeologist, but more than that, he dreams events, made more clear by—ah, Ferer perhaps you would explain better?”

The pearlcatcher- Ferer- nods and begins talking quickly, slurring his speech slightly as he outpaces his ability to speak coherently.

“See, I’ve been practicing a magic surrounding history; makes learning about places a lot easier, if you can see into their history with your own eyes, yes? But this process is made easier if I have a specific event to go on- even just the jist of a thing is enough to get into the dream most of the time. Now I call it a dream, but moreso it’s a plane of being, but not—well, I suppose that little detail isn’t important, and it’s hard to explain without proper terminology that I can’t think of right now.”

His cheeks darken as blood rushes to them, embarrassed and ready to stop talking,

“Essentially,”

he now speaks slower,

“I can see the past of a place through magic, the less aged it is, the easier to work. The more knowledge I have of the location, the clearer the picture. Th-that’s all needed to understand Shiho, who- he’s your storyteller, tonight.”

Clutching his pearl nervously, Ferer shrinks back to the shadows, blushing furiously as he mangles his speech and exit. Shiho, presumably the skydancer, nods graciously.

“Thank you for that, Ferer. With his knowledge of the past, I am able to recount that which I have not lived thoroughly. So tonight I begin where all tales of clans must begin; with the founder, and founding, of our current clan.”

“Our first tale is that of our founders; of the tempestuous fae, Althra, and the soft, curious mirror, Ryith. Their meeting was one borne from the storms of chance, and took place on a fittingly fitful night.”

Ferer emerged slightly from the shadows, fidgeting with his pearl and frowning lightly, and listening closely. To this, Shiho paid no mind save for a small smile.

“Althra had been flying several days, day and night, fleeing something she would not say. Had it not been for the storm that knocked her from the sky, one can only guess to how long she would have gone. And Ryith, well Ryith had been thrown from his pack but recently, and had been feeling rather lonesome and sorry for himself, as one is often want to do when a poor bout of fortune falls upon them. But had it not been for these two misfortunes, combined with the heavy pounding of the storm, they would not have met at all, and we would not be gathered here tonight.”

Ferer flicked an ear, as though he found a falsehood in Shiho’s speech.

“I think you put too much on them, who’s to say we wouldn’t have found our way here, with or without the Reforged? We all might be meeting regardless; you’re just embellishing for the sake of it.”

Shiho nodded,

“Well, this is possible, but I am a storyteller; a plain history is hardly worth hearing.”

Mischief danced in his eyes, and he continued.

“Now Althra was amidst this storm as it struck, and was tossed from the sky, quite unceremoniously, into the desert, sand-ridden domain of the Stormcatcher,”

Again, Ferer interrupted.

“You didn’t mention that they were both born in the Shifting Expanse and with a questionable lineage; for all we know, they could be descendants of the original Lightning dragons!”

At this, Shiho scoffed.

“Don’t be ridiculous, Ferer. Besides, it doesn’t pertain to our story.”

“Ryith saw her fall, a speck from the sky, hardly visible yes, but he investigated nonetheless. And good thing he did! She had been wounded badly by this fall, and he knew she would be unable to care for herself. So, being the lonely dragon he was, he decided to help her, and hopefully make a friend from this.”

Shiho paused, stoking the fire and considering his next words.

“She awoke, and upon seeing him decided she was not too injured to do battle. Without speaking a word, she attacked him. Needless to say, he was startled. “What are you doing?!” He demanded from her, both upset by her assault of him, and worried that she would injure herself more. He was in no danger- Althra being much smaller than him, could do little more than irk him, but the idea that she would attack him after he saved her…well, it was irritating to say the least! After much convincing, he settled her back to the makeshift nest he’d set her in, and spent a night thinking.”

“He thought and thought, until the stars had set and the sun began to rise, for he’d hoped to find a friend only mildly injured, but her injuries ran farther than her body…”

Ferer flicked his tail, irritated at Shiho’s telling once more.
“You make it sound like she’s severely psychologically damaged, all she’s done is attack a strange mirror after being thrown from the sky! Who knows, maybe that’s her natural state.”

Shiho chuckled lightly,

“Perhaps, but her attack thoroughly startled Ryith. He had saved her with the hope of getting to know her better, and to learn her story. He thought he was pretty sure she’d react mostly confused, but her attack…well, that was far from what he had expected. So the next morning he approached her, slowly and carefully, before speaking in a gentle tone.
“Who are you, little fae, to have fallen from the sky and landed so poorly in this desert?”
Althra didn’t like that, and simply stared at him coldly.

“He spoke to her a lot after that, carefully tending to her wounds and gathering food, all the while talking incessantly and she continued her solemn, hate-filled stare. It was three days and three nights before she spoke back to him, and to him she uttered but one word, spoken as a query:
“Why?”
At first he was startled, not expecting her voice to be so rough; so unused.
“’Why?’ what, fae?”
He managed, after a few moments of the silence that falls on confused folks.”

Another interruption from the pearlcatcher,

“You’ll find that silence here, among our audience.”

He added helpfully, to which Shiho frowned, but did not reply to.

“She did not give him another word, only stared at him, just as enigmatic as she had been before.
“Well,”
he began,
“I will simply presume you’re asking why I took the time to calm you down after your fit of rage. See, I’ve been alone longer than I’d like, and I was hoping to find a friend. I’m not sure how interesting that sounds to you, but I definitely am still willing to do this if you would agree not to bite my head off at any given point.”
Ryith was hopeful, he watched her gaze soften slightly, and breathed a sigh of relief as she spoke a handful of words in return.
“I do not care for mirrors, but I would be…willing to permit your presence near me.”
Althra was a decidedly queenly fae, and took her own position very seriously. This didn’t much impress Ryith, but it didn’t deter him either. So he was, more than anything, inspired by her words. Taking them as a challenge to him, that it would be that much more difficult, but ultimately more rewarding to befriend her.”

“Poor, naïve, foolish, Ryith. If only he had known what was in store for him…”

Ferer looked genuinely mournful, and Shiho smiled lightly.

“But that, friends, is a story for another week. For now I think I will cut this to an end, for the night grows to an end, and soon I must return to my clan, to continue living this story and experiencing these tales first-hand. I thank you for your time, and hope to see you again another week.”

Thank you for reading my first Wednesday Storytelling! I'm not 100% on this format, but it was the easiest for me to read personally. The big walls of text are overwhelming and annoying to me, I hope this was kinder on your eyes :)
@casanovasAnchor This is really good!! I'm looking forward to the next one!!
@casanovasAnchor This is really good!! I'm looking forward to the next one!!
sYUjWuT.png3oK9yVt.png37yDNJ7.pngY9UJi8K.png
@DuskAwakening
Thank you, I'm looking forward to writing it!
Would you like to be added to a pinglist for when it updates, or nah?
@DuskAwakening
Thank you, I'm looking forward to writing it!
Would you like to be added to a pinglist for when it updates, or nah?
@casanovasAnchor yes please! I'd love that
@casanovasAnchor yes please! I'd love that
sYUjWuT.png3oK9yVt.png37yDNJ7.pngY9UJi8K.png