Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Sornieth Lore Project [Contest 1]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
[quote=Theory of the Southwestern Geography of Sornieth by argylion]Type: Theory Content: Theory on the South-Western Geography of Sornieth Creation The great reactor of the Second Age and its city was located in an area that corresponds to the present day border between Plague, Water and Wind. When the reactor exploded, not only was the Arcanist born, but extreme changes to the landscape occurred due to the physical & magical explosion & fallout. The Reedcleft Ascent & Crystalspine Mountains were previously one large mountain range that got fractured from the explosion. Some parts of the mountain range fell away to create what is now Windstar (Starwind for some) Bay. Some scholars have also proposed that the reactor explosion triggered a collapse eventually leading to the creation of the Sea of a Thousand Currents. South-Western Sornieth Today Whatever features were originally made by the reactor explosion, the return of the deities and emergence of dragonkind also changed the landscape. Very slowly, the outermost pillars of the Reedcleft Ascent are being pulled closer to Arcane territory just as the Crystalspine Mountains have been warped inwards by the Arcanist’s energy after his settling down at the Observatory. The pillars of the Reedcleft Ascent have been affected to a much more subtle and gradual degree, however, than the Crystalspine Mountains have from their close proximity.[/quote]
Theory of the Southwestern Geography of Sornieth by argylion wrote:
Type: Theory
Content: Theory on the South-Western Geography of Sornieth

Creation
The great reactor of the Second Age and its city was located in an area that corresponds to the present day border between Plague, Water and Wind. When the reactor exploded, not only was the Arcanist born, but extreme changes to the landscape occurred due to the physical & magical explosion & fallout. The Reedcleft Ascent & Crystalspine Mountains were previously one large mountain range that got fractured from the explosion. Some parts of the mountain range fell away to create what is now Windstar (Starwind for some) Bay. Some scholars have also proposed that the reactor explosion triggered a collapse eventually leading to the creation of the Sea of a Thousand Currents.

South-Western Sornieth Today
Whatever features were originally made by the reactor explosion, the return of the deities and emergence of dragonkind also changed the landscape. Very slowly, the outermost pillars of the Reedcleft Ascent are being pulled closer to Arcane territory just as the Crystalspine Mountains have been warped inwards by the Arcanist’s energy after his settling down at the Observatory. The pillars of the Reedcleft Ascent have been affected to a much more subtle and gradual degree, however, than the Crystalspine Mountains have from their close proximity.
S O K O L
knowledge of comprehension, benevolence, and aesthetics | active | slowly revamping
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx
ToxrvHn.gif
[quote=Temple of the Sharded by Luteia]Flight: Nature Type: Temple / Sanctuary / Rest Stop Location name: Temple of the Sharded Content: Located in western Nature, not far from the strait bordering Earth and a bit north of Bamboo Falls. If you stuck a Greco-Roman white marble temple on cliffs high in the mountains and laced with jungle, you'd get a pretty good idea of what it looked like. The temple is run by High Priestess Ayrianne (dragon #15861885), and it is meant as a sanctuary for all those who consider themselves godshards or demigods- anyone who blurs the line between god and mortal, essentially. If that god is not of Sornieth, that's fine too. Those who are simply travelling may stay the night, or, if they have unique magical powers, they may stay at the Temple to learn to use said powers, at the agreement that they may be studied to better understand magic and how gods come into the equation. All those who blur the lines between god and mortal are welcome to stay as long as they please, and will be offered to be trained by the staff of the Temple to harness their powers better and not blow things up accidentally.[/quote]
Temple of the Sharded by Luteia wrote:
Flight: Nature
Type: Temple / Sanctuary / Rest Stop
Location name: Temple of the Sharded
Content: Located in western Nature, not far from the strait bordering Earth and a bit north of Bamboo Falls. If you stuck a Greco-Roman white marble temple on cliffs high in the mountains and laced with jungle, you'd get a pretty good idea of what it looked like.
The temple is run by High Priestess Ayrianne (dragon #15861885), and it is meant as a sanctuary for all those who consider themselves godshards or demigods- anyone who blurs the line between god and mortal, essentially. If that god is not of Sornieth, that's fine too.
Those who are simply travelling may stay the night, or, if they have unique magical powers, they may stay at the Temple to learn to use said powers, at the agreement that they may be studied to better understand magic and how gods come into the equation.
All those who blur the lines between god and mortal are welcome to stay as long as they please, and will be offered to be trained by the staff of the Temple to harness their powers better and not blow things up accidentally.
S O K O L
knowledge of comprehension, benevolence, and aesthetics | active | slowly revamping
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx
ToxrvHn.gif
@rexcalibur
I'd love to be added to a pinglist/discord, my discor handle is Diane #5759 (I'm on mobile so I can't edit the ping list sorry!)

I also have a developed clan location if that could be added? I have a link to the clans customs and can add a detailed description of the location also if that helps?
@rexcalibur
I'd love to be added to a pinglist/discord, my discor handle is Diane #5759 (I'm on mobile so I can't edit the ping list sorry!)

I also have a developed clan location if that could be added? I have a link to the clans customs and can add a detailed description of the location also if that helps?
AfRTSgB.png Pgv53XB.png QiBUfoO.png 6meUms1.png
aC86tUH.png kCHWEjf.png y41plqc.png Yw8EvNQ.png
GLMwkdE.png zl1ZGZ2.png gYW0j5f.png U0bFCPN.png
qN1OyUr.png ebjDWAS.png njCJq66.png J7D1quC.png
@GlassGuts The discord link is just the Discord banner itself - you'll get an invite if you click it (even on mobile!) and I'll add you on the pinglist ^^ You can definitely go ahead and add your clan location! Just take the form above and fill it out and ping the Support team when it's ready!
@GlassGuts The discord link is just the Discord banner itself - you'll get an invite if you click it (even on mobile!) and I'll add you on the pinglist ^^ You can definitely go ahead and add your clan location! Just take the form above and fill it out and ping the Support team when it's ready!
S O K O L
xx
ToxrvHn.gif
Such an epic idea! Can't wait to see what is produced.
Such an epic idea! Can't wait to see what is produced.
1379_150px_ghostmateria_by_miirshroom-dbv3jwb.png1380_100px_ghostmateria_by_miirshroom-dbv3jwh.png
[quote=The Bastion by @Ghostmateria] [b]Flight[/b]: Wind [b]Type[/b]: Town / Trade Port [b]Location Name[/b]: The Bastion [b]Content[/b]: A complicated and ramshackle amalgamation of wood, metal, rope and canvas forms the bustling trade port of The Bastion. Built of many smaller vessels connected to a central airship via rope bridges and boardwalks, the sprawling structure has a permanent berth on the edges of the Cloudsong. The Bastion is kept aloft by vast wing-like sails as well as a number of vibrantly coloured hot air balloons. The docks can only be reached by flight, vessel or wing, with ferry services operating at all hours to various locations across Sornieth. With firm rules around violence enforced by the resident leadership and militia, the Bastion provides refuge for travellers and a hub for trade. Accepting all visitors, dragons and beasts, the town boasts a huge bustling marketplace as well as a tavern, bunkhouse, theatrical district and a variety of magical services - a prime place to spend treasure and share stories. [/quote]
The Bastion by @Ghostmateria wrote:
Flight: Wind
Type: Town / Trade Port
Location Name: The Bastion
Content:
A complicated and ramshackle amalgamation of wood, metal, rope and canvas forms the bustling trade port of The Bastion. Built of many smaller vessels connected to a central airship via rope bridges and boardwalks, the sprawling structure has a permanent berth on the edges of the Cloudsong. The Bastion is kept aloft by vast wing-like sails as well as a number of vibrantly coloured hot air balloons. The docks can only be reached by flight, vessel or wing, with ferry services operating at all hours to various locations across Sornieth.

With firm rules around violence enforced by the resident leadership and militia, the Bastion provides refuge for travellers and a hub for trade. Accepting all visitors, dragons and beasts, the town boasts a huge bustling marketplace as well as a tavern, bunkhouse, theatrical district and a variety of magical services - a prime place to spend treasure and share stories.
Bottom.png
Top.png
_plague.png
fr__plague_by_baelfin-d8uyn7k.png he/him

fr__plague_by_baelfin-d8uyn7k.png Des

fr__plague_by_baelfin-d8uyn7k.png B9L7S9W.png.BPco0tZ.png

fr__plague_by_baelfin-d8uyn7k.png FR+0

Necro-Adopt-Viperfishy-Signature.png
the creatures fr__plague_by_baelfin-d8uyn7k.png

dopt shopt fr__plague_by_baelfin-d8uyn7k.png

coli shop? fr__plague_by_baelfin-d8uyn7k.png

Challenges fr__plague_by_baelfin-d8uyn7k.png
___Banner-Bottom.png
@Rexcaliburr

I developed some Folklore for Plague clans, is that something I could post here for people to use? I don't have Discord atm.
@Rexcaliburr

I developed some Folklore for Plague clans, is that something I could post here for people to use? I don't have Discord atm.
77310def8a8885b2a6fbc71d6228550dc13490b4.png
756b261e7bf072facfbc9f9cb20a571e9d08001d.png
dedcc8a9a54ffec00c844f200df2a62ae2298d73.png
@KCDragons Sure! Just copy the templates from the posts above to fill out and you're good to go ^^
@KCDragons Sure! Just copy the templates from the posts above to fill out and you're good to go ^^
S O K O L
xx
ToxrvHn.gif
I love love LOVE this idea! I'll add the stuff I've written up for my clan asap!
I love love LOVE this idea! I'll add the stuff I've written up for my clan asap!
vbbq61.png
@Rexcaliburr
Awesome, thank you!

Mother's Path by @KCDragons wrote:
Flight: Plague
Type: Folklore
Location Name: Mother's Path
Content:
There's a place in the Scarred Wasteland the local clans call 'Mother's Path.' It's elusive, and has ever been found by very few, those who have fell so deathly ill that they never got a chance to tell others where it is. And so the actual location remains a mystery, and whether or not it's really even there also remains unknown. Some search for it their entire lives, they leave their clan, their home, their families. Most are never heard from again. Some reappear as just another vulture-picked corpse. None have ever come back alive... as far as the tale goes anyway.

The stories go like this; Mother's Path is believed to be a path that will take you directly to Plaguebringer herself. However, the path is almost as hard to locate as she is, it's also dangerous and there are things you wouldn't imagine even in your darkest nightmares along the way. The path itself was supposedly created by a leak in the Wyrm Wound, its marked by the same glowing liquid and is just as likely to contaminate even the most resilient Plague dragon if they get too close. The land around the path is dead and rotted, scattered with the bones of those who tried to follow and failed. There are no plants, no animals, no insects, just death and sickness. There are, however, other things. Twisted things. Things words can't describe, and they are there to stop you from continuing your journey. They say that if you see more than one Imperial skull lying close together, you should run. Run as fast as you possible can. Before it wakes up.

Although, if the stories are to be believed, then the danger of the travel is well worth the reward. They say that if you follow it to Plaguebringer's lair, and, in doing so, show her your devotion to her Flight, she will grant you one thing. Perhaps its a fallen or exalted friend or family member, perhaps its treasure and gems, maybe a talent or skill you wanted but never had, to be loved and adored by all who see you. But the stories also say to be careful of what you ask for, the wrong wording can lead to disastrous outcomes...
@Rexcaliburr
Awesome, thank you!

Mother's Path by @KCDragons wrote:
Flight: Plague
Type: Folklore
Location Name: Mother's Path
Content:
There's a place in the Scarred Wasteland the local clans call 'Mother's Path.' It's elusive, and has ever been found by very few, those who have fell so deathly ill that they never got a chance to tell others where it is. And so the actual location remains a mystery, and whether or not it's really even there also remains unknown. Some search for it their entire lives, they leave their clan, their home, their families. Most are never heard from again. Some reappear as just another vulture-picked corpse. None have ever come back alive... as far as the tale goes anyway.

The stories go like this; Mother's Path is believed to be a path that will take you directly to Plaguebringer herself. However, the path is almost as hard to locate as she is, it's also dangerous and there are things you wouldn't imagine even in your darkest nightmares along the way. The path itself was supposedly created by a leak in the Wyrm Wound, its marked by the same glowing liquid and is just as likely to contaminate even the most resilient Plague dragon if they get too close. The land around the path is dead and rotted, scattered with the bones of those who tried to follow and failed. There are no plants, no animals, no insects, just death and sickness. There are, however, other things. Twisted things. Things words can't describe, and they are there to stop you from continuing your journey. They say that if you see more than one Imperial skull lying close together, you should run. Run as fast as you possible can. Before it wakes up.

Although, if the stories are to be believed, then the danger of the travel is well worth the reward. They say that if you follow it to Plaguebringer's lair, and, in doing so, show her your devotion to her Flight, she will grant you one thing. Perhaps its a fallen or exalted friend or family member, perhaps its treasure and gems, maybe a talent or skill you wanted but never had, to be loved and adored by all who see you. But the stories also say to be careful of what you ask for, the wrong wording can lead to disastrous outcomes...
77310def8a8885b2a6fbc71d6228550dc13490b4.png
756b261e7bf072facfbc9f9cb20a571e9d08001d.png
dedcc8a9a54ffec00c844f200df2a62ae2298d73.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9