Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Clan Dawnglory's Entrance Lore
[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/kEt08dM.png[/img] [center][font=Garamond][color=gray]Welcome! Hope you like my lore, please leave a comment on what you think! [img]http://i.imgur.com/x84pHpP.png[/img][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/335831/33583053p.png[/img][img]http://i.imgur.com/cR1BllD.png[/img][/center]
kEt08dM.png
Welcome! Hope you like my lore, please leave a comment on what you think!
x84pHpP.png33583053p.pngcR1BllD.png
As you pick your way through a forgotten, tempest-tossed corner of the Ashfall wastes, you feel a fleeting mischevious breeze ruffle your scales. It reminds you of the hatchling you had to leave in your own clan's lair.. Sighing, and knowing your companions will take good care of it, you shake off the recent memory and focus on your task: scouting out friendly clans. You have traveled all around Sornieth, with no luck. Clans today are suspicious and slow to trust. Remembering the many doors slammed in your face, you hope that the Windswept plateau will be more forgiving. The children of the Windsinger and his followers are reputed to be friendly and welcoming. As you near the border between the fire and wind domains, you feel a fresh burst of hope, brought on by a fresh gust of wind smelling of ocean breezes and green meadows. Here goes..............

After what seems like hours of walking, you near a sign, carved by a skillful hand, into a majestic, towering redwood that seems to climb into the heavens.

Clan Dawnglory
- Dreamers - Doers - Thinkers - Builders - Fliers - Lovers -
Head in the clouds, eyes on the stars, mind in the now, dreams in the future, feet on the ground, belief in yourself, your friends, your world."

You walk a little ways, leaving the sign and admiring the arbor gracefully arching over the path. The sun-dappled trail has been neatly swept, and it is lined with flowers. Here, it opens into a meadow of tall grasses, dotted with white lupines. You crest a hill, and right in front of you is a stately alabaster tree. the leaves are long and elegant, with rich golden edges. As you near it, you realize that there are glass windows set into the gleaming trunk, and there are two nests nestled in the roots. A couple dragons walk around the trunk, some are perched in the branches. A graceful Skydancer and a male, probably her mate, approach you.

"Hey there! What are you here for, traveler?" The female says.
Slightly surprised to be greeted so warmly, you don't say anything. The male seems to notice, and laughs. "You look like you need some rest. why don't you come inside? We don't bite!" he says in a smooth, velvety voice.
You smile, nod, and follow them. Finally! A friendly clan! Along the way, you introduce yourself. As you enter the tree, you note what a nice lair this is! The tree is much larger inside that it appears. There are large doors, each with a nameplate above them. Arcticsky, Nightglory, Purelight....
"Those are the family names. Each door leads to a suite of rooms, each family member gets a bedroom. We have some dragons who don't have families in our clan, too, so they get single rooms. We just entered through the common room, the dining room is there." Starheart, the female, gestures toward another door. "The vault is underground. Why don't you stay awhile? We have plenty of lair space." Just then, a couple small hatchlings bound, giggling, across your path, with a seething Guardian female hot on their tails. A Coatl and a Ridgeback, and unlikely couple, speak quietly together in a choppy, lilting tongue. You can sense their affection for each other. Two giggling girls, a Pearlcatcher and Skydancer, prance around a shy male Skydancer, another, another, quieter one trailing behind the pair. All the dragons here clearly act as one big family...... You smile. I guess I could stay awhile...............
As you pick your way through a forgotten, tempest-tossed corner of the Ashfall wastes, you feel a fleeting mischevious breeze ruffle your scales. It reminds you of the hatchling you had to leave in your own clan's lair.. Sighing, and knowing your companions will take good care of it, you shake off the recent memory and focus on your task: scouting out friendly clans. You have traveled all around Sornieth, with no luck. Clans today are suspicious and slow to trust. Remembering the many doors slammed in your face, you hope that the Windswept plateau will be more forgiving. The children of the Windsinger and his followers are reputed to be friendly and welcoming. As you near the border between the fire and wind domains, you feel a fresh burst of hope, brought on by a fresh gust of wind smelling of ocean breezes and green meadows. Here goes..............

After what seems like hours of walking, you near a sign, carved by a skillful hand, into a majestic, towering redwood that seems to climb into the heavens.

Clan Dawnglory
- Dreamers - Doers - Thinkers - Builders - Fliers - Lovers -
Head in the clouds, eyes on the stars, mind in the now, dreams in the future, feet on the ground, belief in yourself, your friends, your world."

You walk a little ways, leaving the sign and admiring the arbor gracefully arching over the path. The sun-dappled trail has been neatly swept, and it is lined with flowers. Here, it opens into a meadow of tall grasses, dotted with white lupines. You crest a hill, and right in front of you is a stately alabaster tree. the leaves are long and elegant, with rich golden edges. As you near it, you realize that there are glass windows set into the gleaming trunk, and there are two nests nestled in the roots. A couple dragons walk around the trunk, some are perched in the branches. A graceful Skydancer and a male, probably her mate, approach you.

"Hey there! What are you here for, traveler?" The female says.
Slightly surprised to be greeted so warmly, you don't say anything. The male seems to notice, and laughs. "You look like you need some rest. why don't you come inside? We don't bite!" he says in a smooth, velvety voice.
You smile, nod, and follow them. Finally! A friendly clan! Along the way, you introduce yourself. As you enter the tree, you note what a nice lair this is! The tree is much larger inside that it appears. There are large doors, each with a nameplate above them. Arcticsky, Nightglory, Purelight....
"Those are the family names. Each door leads to a suite of rooms, each family member gets a bedroom. We have some dragons who don't have families in our clan, too, so they get single rooms. We just entered through the common room, the dining room is there." Starheart, the female, gestures toward another door. "The vault is underground. Why don't you stay awhile? We have plenty of lair space." Just then, a couple small hatchlings bound, giggling, across your path, with a seething Guardian female hot on their tails. A Coatl and a Ridgeback, and unlikely couple, speak quietly together in a choppy, lilting tongue. You can sense their affection for each other. Two giggling girls, a Pearlcatcher and Skydancer, prance around a shy male Skydancer, another, another, quieter one trailing behind the pair. All the dragons here clearly act as one big family...... You smile. I guess I could stay awhile...............
[quote]sleeplessfaun wrote: Nothing wrong with having a batch of cinnamon rolls! I really like the way you write the entrance for your lair.[/quote]
Quote:
sleeplessfaun wrote: Nothing wrong with having a batch of cinnamon rolls! I really like the way you write the entrance for your lair.