Creative Corner
Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Wandering Winds {DISCONTINUED}
1 2 ... 86 87 88 89 90 ... 247 248
[center][item=manaweed] (The votes have been decided!) [b]Day 55:[/b] [b]"So now we have five pounds of trail mix, a rare owlcat we found in an alleyway, a young nocturne with no parents, and peanut-covered bamboo leaves."[/b] Jade recounted, ticking items off of her claws. [b]"There's nothing wrong with peanut-covered bamboo leaves."[/b] August retorted. Jade sighed. [b]"I think we're getting into more trouble than we're worth."[/b] She muttered. [b]"But it's not like we can do anything about it now. And we aren't exactly known for refusing to welcome dragon into our. . . clan."[/b] An excited noise came from Aster's throat. [b]"Can we keep her then?"[/b] She squeaked. The unnamed nocturne shied away from them, trying to make herself as small as possible. [b]"Sunlight."[/b] She murmured, her pupils slitted with fear. [b]"Sunlight is. . . creepy."[/b] Zaffer helpfully lifted one of his wings, covering the sun and plunging the nocturne into the shadow. She visibly relaxed, perking up to stare at everyone with curious eyes. [b]"So you don't have a name?"[/b] Jade asked. The nocturne shook her head. [b]"Well, what would you [i]like[/i] to be named?"[/b] Jade continued, a bit shaken by the hatchling's unnerving stare. The nocturne tipped her head sideways in speculation, then shrugged. [b]"I dunno."[/b] She said in a small voice. [b]"Parents usually do that. I don't have parents."[/b] [b]"I don't have parents either."[/b] Lost piped up. The nocturne turned her gaze to her, and the pearlcatcher flinched slightly. [b]"Well, mine died before they named me. My name's Lost because it's. . . well, it's because that's what I was. Lost."[/b] The nocturne bobbed her head slightly, a small smile on her face. [b]"That's nice."[/b] She murmured. [b]"I'm lots of things. Lonely, forgotten, and also found."[/b] She raised a brow in the direction of Ajax, who gazed back evenly. [b]"But I don't think I want to be named those things."[/b] She continued with an apologetic glance at Lost. The pearlcatcher dipped her head respectfully. [b]"What else then?"[/b] Opal mused. [b]"For instance, maybe what you like to do?"[/b] The nocturne blinked at her wonderingly. Opal chuckled nervously. [b]"I know it's a long shot. You're even younger than Ajax and Aster. But maybe give it a try?"[/b] She offered meekly. The nocturne cocked her head. [b]"Illusions."[/b] She mused, another smile blooming on her face. [b]"Illusions?"[/b] Opal echoed. The nocturne nodded. [b]"Shadow illusions."[/b] She spread her talons and with a faint flickering of darkness she vanished beneath the shadow of Zaffer's wings. The imperial yelped in surprise and retracted his wing, and the nocturne suddenly appeared again, clutching her head. [b]"S-s-sunlight."[/b] She uttered, hobbling around. Zaffer winced and spread his wing again, and the nocturne collapsed with relief. [b]"So illusions, allergic to sunlight, and slightly mysterious."[/b] Jade murmured. [b]"We should work with that somehow."[/b] Opal shrugged. [b]"Maybe, but we also don't know much about her personality yet. Too. . . [i]mysterious[/i]."[/b] August furrowed his brows. Opal shrugged at his expression. [b]"Take you and me, for instance."[/b] She offered, spreading her wings. [b]"I was named after the color of my scales, but [i]you[/i] weren't. Janus was named after some fictional god and Rikki's name is just a name. Myu's is self-given and Lost's name reflects her past. There are tons of ways we could name her."[/b] She reminded them. [b]"So why not just choose something she likes?"[/b] August recommended. [b]"Easy, right?"[/b] Jade tipped her head at the nocturne. [b]"Maybe."[/b] the spiral murmured. [b]"What sounds do you like, little one?"[/b] She asked softly. The nocturne tapped her claws against the floor. [b]"S's and X's are nice."[/b] She mused. [b]"And words with ah."[/b] Aster giggled. [b]"Almost like Star!"[/b] She crooned. The nocturne smiled. [b]"The T is nice."[/b] She mused. [b]"But the rrr sound should be sooner."[/b] Opal tipped her head sideways. [b]"Hmm, nerdy hatchling!"[/b] She chirped. [b]"Nerds aren't bad."[/b] August pointed out. [b]"And she's a nocturne, just like you."[/b] Opal giggled and swatted his wing. [b]"Of course nerds aren't [i]bad[/i]."[/b] She insisted. [b]"I was just pointing it out. If she does end up staying with us, she could be a useful asset. Besides, I've never [i]felt[/i] like a nocturne."[/b] August cocked his head at her curiously. Opal chuckled. [b]"I was never mimicking people or echoing their actions and stuff like we usually do. I feel much more like a. . . like a wildclaw, maybe? Rawr."[/b] August laughed and bumped her shoulder. [b]"Whatever you are, I like you just the way you are."[/b] Opal smiled at him and punched his shoulder affectionately. Meanwhile, Aster was trying to match letter sounds together. [b]"Stah. . . straar, start? No. Strart!"[/b] She giggled. [b]"Maybe Saaaaaah! Like sat? Or satr?"[/b] The nocturne wrinkled her nose. [b]"No."[/b] She murmured. [b]"Those are. . . odd."[/b] Aster took no offence to this, but ended up scrunching her forehead with further deep thought. Ajax looked awkward at the edge of the crowd, as if he had something to say but didn't trust himself to say it. [b]"Maybe Satir. . . a?"[/b] The young spiral recommend hesitantly. The nocturne pricked her ears and turned to him. [b]"Satira?"[/b] She echoed. Ajax showed her a small smile as he nodded. The nocturne smiled back and spread her wings. [b]"Satira."[/b] She repeated again. [b]"I like Satira."[/b] Aster laughed, practically, jumping onto her brother's back in excitement. Ajax leaned over with a yelp of surprise as Aster careened into him. [b]"Satira!"[/b] She chirped, beaming. [b]"That sounds pretty."[/b] [b]"Satira, huh?"[/b] Jade mused, a smile of her own splitting her face. Satira, the newly named pale brown nocturne, nodded shyly. Jade chuckled and coiled up beside her, spreading her own wings to protect the little one from the sun. [b]"Welcome to the family."[/b][/center] -------- @AmberHive @mayanaz @Spottedleaf125 @KallyPaige @Skyeset @Moon314@WildRose42 @PrussianWizards @CleverDual @Firedawn @Dragondreamer@Shadow104 @ScaledBookworm @LuminusPrime @CrAZDragon @DragonMist@Shadowhunter43 @Digimon11 @Avu42 @MythicalMemeLord @GhostBreath @Vyxen@VioletEevee @Verdant @Sanddollar @Faolyn @Bluebirdi3 @ThornOfStorm130@ObsidianMage @TropicalDiamonds @fenshae @Catkidemma @WhoOwlborn@Bitterbluesky @RedFennel

(The votes have been decided!)

Day 55:
"So now we have five pounds of trail mix, a rare owlcat we found in an alleyway, a young nocturne with no parents, and peanut-covered bamboo leaves." Jade recounted, ticking items off of her claws. "There's nothing wrong with peanut-covered bamboo leaves." August retorted.

Jade sighed. "I think we're getting into more trouble than we're worth." She muttered. "But it's not like we can do anything about it now. And we aren't exactly known for refusing to welcome dragon into our. . . clan." An excited noise came from Aster's throat. "Can we keep her then?" She squeaked.

The unnamed nocturne shied away from them, trying to make herself as small as possible. "Sunlight." She murmured, her pupils slitted with fear. "Sunlight is. . . creepy." Zaffer helpfully lifted one of his wings, covering the sun and plunging the nocturne into the shadow. She visibly relaxed, perking up to stare at everyone with curious eyes.

"So you don't have a name?" Jade asked. The nocturne shook her head. "Well, what would you like to be named?" Jade continued, a bit shaken by the hatchling's unnerving stare. The nocturne tipped her head sideways in speculation, then shrugged. "I dunno." She said in a small voice. "Parents usually do that. I don't have parents."

"I don't have parents either." Lost piped up. The nocturne turned her gaze to her, and the pearlcatcher flinched slightly. "Well, mine died before they named me. My name's Lost because it's. . . well, it's because that's what I was. Lost." The nocturne bobbed her head slightly, a small smile on her face.

"That's nice." She murmured. "I'm lots of things. Lonely, forgotten, and also found." She raised a brow in the direction of Ajax, who gazed back evenly. "But I don't think I want to be named those things." She continued with an apologetic glance at Lost. The pearlcatcher dipped her head respectfully.

"What else then?" Opal mused. "For instance, maybe what you like to do?" The nocturne blinked at her wonderingly. Opal chuckled nervously. "I know it's a long shot. You're even younger than Ajax and Aster. But maybe give it a try?" She offered meekly.

The nocturne cocked her head. "Illusions." She mused, another smile blooming on her face. "Illusions?" Opal echoed. The nocturne nodded. "Shadow illusions." She spread her talons and with a faint flickering of darkness she vanished beneath the shadow of Zaffer's wings.

The imperial yelped in surprise and retracted his wing, and the nocturne suddenly appeared again, clutching her head. "S-s-sunlight." She uttered, hobbling around. Zaffer winced and spread his wing again, and the nocturne collapsed with relief.

"So illusions, allergic to sunlight, and slightly mysterious." Jade murmured. "We should work with that somehow." Opal shrugged. "Maybe, but we also don't know much about her personality yet. Too. . . mysterious."

August furrowed his brows. Opal shrugged at his expression. "Take you and me, for instance." She offered, spreading her wings. "I was named after the color of my scales, but you weren't. Janus was named after some fictional god and Rikki's name is just a name. Myu's is self-given and Lost's name reflects her past. There are tons of ways we could name her." She reminded them.

"So why not just choose something she likes?" August recommended. "Easy, right?" Jade tipped her head at the nocturne. "Maybe." the spiral murmured. "What sounds do you like, little one?" She asked softly. The nocturne tapped her claws against the floor.

"S's and X's are nice." She mused. "And words with ah." Aster giggled. "Almost like Star!" She crooned. The nocturne smiled. "The T is nice." She mused. "But the rrr sound should be sooner." Opal tipped her head sideways. "Hmm, nerdy hatchling!" She chirped.

"Nerds aren't bad." August pointed out. "And she's a nocturne, just like you." Opal giggled and swatted his wing. "Of course nerds aren't bad." She insisted. "I was just pointing it out. If she does end up staying with us, she could be a useful asset. Besides, I've never felt like a nocturne."

August cocked his head at her curiously. Opal chuckled. "I was never mimicking people or echoing their actions and stuff like we usually do. I feel much more like a. . . like a wildclaw, maybe? Rawr." August laughed and bumped her shoulder. "Whatever you are, I like you just the way you are." Opal smiled at him and punched his shoulder affectionately.

Meanwhile, Aster was trying to match letter sounds together. "Stah. . . straar, start? No. Strart!" She giggled. "Maybe Saaaaaah! Like sat? Or satr?" The nocturne wrinkled her nose. "No." She murmured. "Those are. . . odd." Aster took no offence to this, but ended up scrunching her forehead with further deep thought. Ajax looked awkward at the edge of the crowd, as if he had something to say but didn't trust himself to say it.

"Maybe Satir. . . a?" The young spiral recommend hesitantly. The nocturne pricked her ears and turned to him. "Satira?" She echoed. Ajax showed her a small smile as he nodded. The nocturne smiled back and spread her wings. "Satira." She repeated again. "I like Satira."

Aster laughed, practically, jumping onto her brother's back in excitement. Ajax leaned over with a yelp of surprise as Aster careened into him. "Satira!" She chirped, beaming. "That sounds pretty."

"Satira, huh?" Jade mused, a smile of her own splitting her face. Satira, the newly named pale brown nocturne, nodded shyly. Jade chuckled and coiled up beside her, spreading her own wings to protect the little one from the sun. "Welcome to the family."

@AmberHive @mayanaz @Spottedleaf125 @KallyPaige @Skyeset @Moon314@WildRose42 @PrussianWizards @CleverDual @Firedawn @Dragondreamer@Shadow104 @ScaledBookworm @LuminusPrime @CrAZDragon @DragonMist@Shadowhunter43 @Digimon11 @Avu42 @MythicalMemeLord @GhostBreath @Vyxen@VioletEevee @Verdant @Sanddollar @Faolyn @Bluebirdi3 @ThornOfStorm130@ObsidianMage @TropicalDiamonds @fenshae @Catkidemma @WhoOwlborn@Bitterbluesky @RedFennel
YAAAAAAYYYY
YAAAAAAYYYY
017dffde-9a7c-11e9-9593-e9db6cf84bcf.gif Get these at my store! Click! 017dffde-9a7c-11e9-9593-e9db6cf84bcf.gif
@Avu42 [img]https://image.ibb.co/jtvrEn/tenor.gif[/img]
@Avu42
tenor.gif
@Aetherstorm :P

I was gone for around 40 minutes and came back to 21 pings because of you cuz I am subbed to Stop Me Undel thread XD
@Aetherstorm :P

I was gone for around 40 minutes and came back to 21 pings because of you cuz I am subbed to Stop Me Undel thread XD
017dffde-9a7c-11e9-9593-e9db6cf84bcf.gif Get these at my store! Click! 017dffde-9a7c-11e9-9593-e9db6cf84bcf.gif
@Aetherstorm THE MEMES
@Aetherstorm THE MEMES
@Aetherstorm Ahhh, what a perfect name for the sweetheart :)
@Aetherstorm Ahhh, what a perfect name for the sweetheart :)
4g40G.gifZxumr.gifsSTfW.gifHqTNh.gifYj47j.gifO9imS.giftSCN1.gif6YZEO.gifr91Qd.gifqO039.gifcL2Xg.gifaPvG7.gif - Click me signaturebannerdigimon11.png
@Digimon11 Thanks! It was actually pretty close between Satira and Jinx. Not that I didn't appreciate any of the name recommendations; Trixie, Libby, and Minara were pretty awesome too!
@Digimon11 Thanks! It was actually pretty close between Satira and Jinx. Not that I didn't appreciate any of the name recommendations; Trixie, Libby, and Minara were pretty awesome too!
@Aetherstorm
AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! I LOVE!!!!!!!!!
Satira fits her so well! Great choice. :)
@Aetherstorm
AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! I LOVE!!!!!!!!!
Satira fits her so well! Great choice. :)
thpt_flight_flag_small_by_jaynek0-dbz9mq4.png 8IRtN.gif WavAI.gif

385MS.pngU4KQjwE.gif
Pinkerlocke: Searching Shadows| Duskmages: a Subspecies| Art Gallery| Wishlist| Level 25 Cauldron

7YNarK2.gif
scribblesisonlydoodling.gif
@ObsidianMage
Thanks ^w^

I know I haven't exactly kept up her reputation as a trickster, but we haven't really seen her enough for that. Once she warms up to everyone, you'll see what happens ;)
@ObsidianMage
Thanks ^w^

I know I haven't exactly kept up her reputation as a trickster, but we haven't really seen her enough for that. Once she warms up to everyone, you'll see what happens ;)
@Aetherstorm She is like a silent trickster ^^
@Aetherstorm She is like a silent trickster ^^
4g40G.gifZxumr.gifsSTfW.gifHqTNh.gifYj47j.gifO9imS.giftSCN1.gif6YZEO.gifr91Qd.gifqO039.gifcL2Xg.gifaPvG7.gif - Click me signaturebannerdigimon11.png
1 2 ... 86 87 88 89 90 ... 247 248