Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Evolution [Legacy of War Challenge]
1 2
[center] [columns][img]http://orig09.deviantart.net/99a5/f/2016/277/7/a/nature_shieldalt_by_starkindlerstudio-dajunxe.png[/img][nextcol][center][b][size=7][u]Evolution[/u][/size][/b] [i]A Legacy of War Challenge[/i] Currently on: 2nd Generation[nextcol][img]http://orig09.deviantart.net/99a5/f/2016/277/7/a/nature_shieldalt_by_starkindlerstudio-dajunxe.png[/img][/columns] [/center] ----- [center]This thread is here to document my own Leagacy of War Challenge. It is based on Dreamnorm's original Legacy of War Challenge where you can find [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2044950]here[/url], in which you can view other users challenges or even start your own. My story is set in the ruthless Shrieking wilds, which is an unforgiving place where you have to fight to survive. Each generation will be put to the test to see who will come out on top. Natural selection is the force at work, and will determine who is the fittest to survive and who will perish, hence the title Evolution. [center] [b][u]Overall Goal[/u][/b] To get a respectful triple gened dragon that has natures colors (dark greens and possibly browns) by the 10nth generation [size=5][u][b]Chapters[/b][/u][/size] The Founders - Overview Meeting of the Founders Hatching of the First Nest - 2nd Gen Hatchling Overview - 2nd Gen
nature_shieldalt_by_starkindlerstudio-dajunxe.png
Evolution
A Legacy of War Challenge

Currently on: 2nd Generation
nature_shieldalt_by_starkindlerstudio-dajunxe.png

This thread is here to document my own Leagacy of War Challenge. It is based on Dreamnorm's original Legacy of War Challenge where you can find here, in which you can view other users challenges or even start your own. My story is set in the ruthless Shrieking wilds, which is an unforgiving place where you have to fight to survive. Each generation will be put to the test to see who will come out on top. Natural selection is the force at work, and will determine who is the fittest to survive and who will perish, hence the title Evolution.

Overall Goal
To get a respectful triple gened dragon that has natures colors (dark greens and possibly browns) by the 10nth generation

Chapters
The Founders - Overview
Meeting of the Founders
Hatching of the First Nest - 2nd Gen
Hatchling Overview - 2nd Gen
[center][Size=6][u][b]Rules[/b][/u][/size] Rules are copied from the original thread. [quote="The Base Rules"] 1. Begin with your founder -- a triple-basic dragon with a plentiful breed (Fae, Guardian, Mirror, or Tundra). The other challenges recommend buying or hatching a G1, but you could be lazy like me and buy the cheapest triple-basic plentiful dragon on the Auction House. 2. Buy the founder a mate. The only rules here is that they must be breedable with the founder and cost 10kt or less! [LIST] [*]The original Legacy Challenge states that they must be in the same flight as your founder (or heir, by extension), but as far as I'm concerned this is optional. Others will do Flight unification projects with their generation challenge as well, and that's perfectly fine, too! No matter what you do, though, don't go over the price ceiling! [/LIST] 3. When they're both RTB, breed them. [i]Only their first nest for any given breeding counts for this challenge[/i], but don't worry if you get one-egged. In a way, you're considered lucky for that.... 4. If you had a one-egg nest, then congratulations! That hatchling is your heir by default, and there will be no bloodshed in this generation. However, if you had two to five eggs, go to the [b]heir selection[/b] quote box below this one. Follow the instructions there. 5. Once your heir has been selected (or defaulted to), buy them a mate. This mate must be worth 10kt times the current generation number [i]or less[/i] off the Auction House. So for Gen 2 your price ceiling will be 20kt, for Gen 3 it will be 30kt, and so on. 6. Continue until the tenth generation's nest has hatched. The final survivor will be the winning dragon! [/quote] As with the original Legacy Challenge, [b]the goal is to get a respectable triple-gened dragon by the end.[/b] All right! Now how about those heirs? As mentioned, getting a one-egg nest is in a way a relief, as no one has to die. But if you end up with two to five, you naturally want the strongest dragon to carry on the legacy... [quote="Heir Selection (For Nests with 2+ Eggs)"] Wait for these dragons to grow up because they need to be adults in order to compete in the Coliseum. [i]Do not sell or exalt any of them in the meantime.[/i] Once they are adults, they will be forced to battle in order to determine who carries on the legacy -- and yes, this includes the dragons that made no genetic progress! Some general rules for these scenarios are as follows: --- 1. You must keep a battle streak going, [i]even if your dragons level up between fights.[/i] This is to prevent you from inputting points into areas that would allow one contender to be more likely to succeed over another. 2. You cannot use any sort of potion or spell on your contenders to heal them or boost their stats temporarily. 3. You cannot alter the contenders' starting battle stones. 4. When a contender faints, [i]they are considered defeated or dead,[/i] and thus disqualified from being your heir. 5. For most of these scenarios, a third level-one dragon may join in at least one battle streak. This will be called a "coach," and if they faint, it has no effect on what happens. You may also alter their battle stones beforehand, if you so wish. [i]This is optional, as you can go into a battle with less than three dragons, but recommended to extend the drama.[/i] --- Now, depending on how many hatchlings your nest had, here is how the battles will occur... [center]~ [b]2 Eggs[/b][/center] 1. Send both of the contenders (and the coach, if using one) to the Training Fields. Begin your battle streak. If you use a coach and they faint first, keep going; they have no effect on the final outcome. 2. Keep going until one of the contenders faints! The survivor will carry on the legacy. [center][b]3 Eggs[/b][/center] 1. Send all three of the contenders into the Training Fields. Begin your battle streak. 2. When one of the contenders faints, [i]keep going.[/i] They may look alive, but they have been officially disqualified. 3. When another contender faints, you may stop! The survivor will carry on the legacy. [center][b]4 Eggs[/b][/center] 1. Send the first two contenders [i]by birth order[/i] (hatchlings 1 and 2) into the Training Fields (with a coach, if using). Begin your battle streak. If you use a coach and they faint first, keep going; they have no effect on the final outcome. 2. Keep going until one of them faints. Set aside the survivor for now. 3. Repeat step one, but with the final two contenders [i]by birth order[/i] (hatchlings 3 and 4). If you used a coach for the first round, you may either re-use the same one or pick a new one. 4. Keep going until one of them faints. Set aside the survivor for now. 5. Take the victors of the first two battle streaks into a new streak (with whichever coach you prefer or a fresh one, if desired). [i]You can only give a coach stat points before this final round![/i] 6. Commence the final battle streak with the winners from the first two and keep going until one of them faints. The survivor will carry on the legacy. [center][b]5 Eggs[/b][/center] 1. Flip a coin. If it lands on heads, then the middle hatchling (3) will be in a trio with the first two hatchlings (1 and 2). If it lands on tails, then the middle hatchling will be in a trio with the last two hatchlings (4 and 5). 2. Whether the trio goes first or the duo and the coach go first depends on which group the middle hatchling ended up in. If the coin landed on heads, then the trio goes first; if it landed on tails, then the duo goes first. Either way, [i]the group with the first two hatchlings in it goes first.[/i] 3. Perform the battles in each group as follows: [LIST] [*]For the trio group, take the three contenders to the Training Fields and begin a battle streak. Like with the 3-egg nest, the first fainter isn't ushered out between streaks; though they will appear alive, they are disqualified upon fainting. Keep going until a second dragon faints. Set aside the survivor for now. [*]For the duo group, take the two contenders (and a coach, optionally) to the Training Fields and begin a battle streak. Like with all battles that may have a coach, whether they faint or not doesn't matter. Keep going until one of the contenders faints. Set aside the survivor for now. [/LIST] 4. Once the two survivors in each trial have been selected, bring them (and the coach from the duo group, if applicable) to the Training Fields once more. Begin your final battle streak and keep going until one of the contenders faints. The other one is the sole survivor and will carry on the legacy. [/quote]
Rules

Rules are copied from the original thread.

The Base Rules wrote:
1. Begin with your founder -- a triple-basic dragon with a plentiful breed (Fae, Guardian, Mirror, or Tundra). The other challenges recommend buying or hatching a G1, but you could be lazy like me and buy the cheapest triple-basic plentiful dragon on the Auction House.

2. Buy the founder a mate. The only rules here is that they must be breedable with the founder and cost 10kt or less!

• The original Legacy Challenge states that they must be in the same flight as your founder (or heir, by extension), but as far as I'm concerned this is optional. Others will do Flight unification projects with their generation challenge as well, and that's perfectly fine, too! No matter what you do, though, don't go over the price ceiling!

3. When they're both RTB, breed them. Only their first nest for any given breeding counts for this challenge, but don't worry if you get one-egged. In a way, you're considered lucky for that....

4. If you had a one-egg nest, then congratulations! That hatchling is your heir by default, and there will be no bloodshed in this generation. However, if you had two to five eggs, go to the heir selection quote box below this one. Follow the instructions there.

5. Once your heir has been selected (or defaulted to), buy them a mate. This mate must be worth 10kt times the current generation number or less off the Auction House. So for Gen 2 your price ceiling will be 20kt, for Gen 3 it will be 30kt, and so on.

6. Continue until the tenth generation's nest has hatched. The final survivor will be the winning dragon!

As with the original Legacy Challenge, the goal is to get a respectable triple-gened dragon by the end.

All right! Now how about those heirs? As mentioned, getting a one-egg nest is in a way a relief, as no one has to die. But if you end up with two to five, you naturally want the strongest dragon to carry on the legacy...

Heir Selection (For Nests with 2+ Eggs) wrote:
Wait for these dragons to grow up because they need to be adults in order to compete in the Coliseum. Do not sell or exalt any of them in the meantime. Once they are adults, they will be forced to battle in order to determine who carries on the legacy -- and yes, this includes the dragons that made no genetic progress!

Some general rules for these scenarios are as follows:

---

1. You must keep a battle streak going, even if your dragons level up between fights. This is to prevent you from inputting points into areas that would allow one contender to be more likely to succeed over another.

2. You cannot use any sort of potion or spell on your contenders to heal them or boost their stats temporarily.

3. You cannot alter the contenders' starting battle stones.

4. When a contender faints, they are considered defeated or dead, and thus disqualified from being your heir.

5. For most of these scenarios, a third level-one dragon may join in at least one battle streak. This will be called a "coach," and if they faint, it has no effect on what happens. You may also alter their battle stones beforehand, if you so wish. This is optional, as you can go into a battle with less than three dragons, but recommended to extend the drama.

---

Now, depending on how many hatchlings your nest had, here is how the battles will occur...

~

2 Eggs

1. Send both of the contenders (and the coach, if using one) to the Training Fields. Begin your battle streak. If you use a coach and they faint first, keep going; they have no effect on the final outcome.

2. Keep going until one of the contenders faints! The survivor will carry on the legacy.

3 Eggs

1. Send all three of the contenders into the Training Fields. Begin your battle streak.

2. When one of the contenders faints, keep going. They may look alive, but they have been officially disqualified.

3. When another contender faints, you may stop! The survivor will carry on the legacy.

4 Eggs

1. Send the first two contenders by birth order (hatchlings 1 and 2) into the Training Fields (with a coach, if using). Begin your battle streak. If you use a coach and they faint first, keep going; they have no effect on the final outcome.

2. Keep going until one of them faints. Set aside the survivor for now.

3. Repeat step one, but with the final two contenders by birth order (hatchlings 3 and 4). If you used a coach for the first round, you may either re-use the same one or pick a new one.

4. Keep going until one of them faints. Set aside the survivor for now.

5. Take the victors of the first two battle streaks into a new streak (with whichever coach you prefer or a fresh one, if desired). You can only give a coach stat points before this final round!

6. Commence the final battle streak with the winners from the first two and keep going until one of them faints. The survivor will carry on the legacy.

5 Eggs

1. Flip a coin. If it lands on heads, then the middle hatchling (3) will be in a trio with the first two hatchlings (1 and 2). If it lands on tails, then the middle hatchling will be in a trio with the last two hatchlings (4 and 5).

2. Whether the trio goes first or the duo and the coach go first depends on which group the middle hatchling ended up in. If the coin landed on heads, then the trio goes first; if it landed on tails, then the duo goes first. Either way, the group with the first two hatchlings in it goes first.

3. Perform the battles in each group as follows:

• For the trio group, take the three contenders to the Training Fields and begin a battle streak. Like with the 3-egg nest, the first fainter isn't ushered out between streaks; though they will appear alive, they are disqualified upon fainting. Keep going until a second dragon faints. Set aside the survivor for now.

• For the duo group, take the two contenders (and a coach, optionally) to the Training Fields and begin a battle streak. Like with all battles that may have a coach, whether they faint or not doesn't matter. Keep going until one of the contenders faints. Set aside the survivor for now.

4. Once the two survivors in each trial have been selected, bring them (and the coach from the duo group, if applicable) to the Training Fields once more. Begin your final battle streak and keep going until one of the contenders faints. The other one is the sole survivor and will carry on the legacy.
Ping List:
- FallowFreckles
- djoodi

Credits:
- The original creator of this challenge is Dreamnorn, and the main thread can be found here
- This threads main icon was made by Starkindler and you can find it and other free resources here

Affiliants:
Ping List:
- FallowFreckles
- djoodi

Credits:
- The original creator of this challenge is Dreamnorn, and the main thread can be found here
- This threads main icon was made by Starkindler and you can find it and other free resources here

Affiliants:
[center] [size=6][u][b]The Founders - Overview[/b][/u][/size] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=33661287] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/336613/33661287_350.png[/img] [/url]Aden has lived in the shrieking wilds his whole life. His parents brought him and his siblings there at a young age, but none of them survived long. They were attacked by the creatures who called the forest their home, resulting in the whole families death. Only Aden survived, relying on his coloration to camouflage into his surroundings, therfore not getting noticed. He has since lived in the forest, relying on his knowledge, wit, and stealth to survive. He is smart, practical, and always does what has to be done, regardless of the cosequenses. Although he denies it, he has gotten rather lonely over the years. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=27827717][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/278278/27827717_350.png[/img] [/url] Shimmerwing was originally from the Southern Icefields, but she ran away and left. Her clan was constantly warring and her family was frequently getting into trouble. It came to a point where Shimmerwing couldn't take it anymore and she decided to leave. She wanted to get as far away as she could, leave all the bad memories behind, and ended up in the Viridian Labrynth. She is a calm and sweet soul, but she is very strong and independent as well. She definitely knows the value of sacrifice and always accepts what is needed to be done.
The Founders - Overview

33661287_350.png
Aden has lived in the shrieking wilds his whole life. His parents brought him and his siblings there at a young age, but none of them survived long. They were attacked by the creatures who called the forest their home, resulting in the whole families death. Only Aden survived, relying on his coloration to camouflage into his surroundings, therfore not getting noticed. He has since lived in the forest, relying on his knowledge, wit, and stealth to survive. He is smart, practical, and always does what has to be done, regardless of the cosequenses. Although he denies it, he has gotten rather lonely over the years.

27827717_350.png

Shimmerwing was originally from the Southern Icefields, but she ran away and left. Her clan was constantly warring and her family was frequently getting into trouble. It came to a point where Shimmerwing couldn't take it anymore and she decided to leave. She wanted to get as far away as she could, leave all the bad memories behind, and ended up in the Viridian Labrynth. She is a calm and sweet soul, but she is very strong and independent as well. She definitely knows the value of sacrifice and always accepts what is needed to be done.
[center] [size=6][u][b]Meeting of the Founders[/b][/u][/size] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=27827717] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/278278/27827717_350.png[/img] [/url] Shimmerwing picked her way among trees and shrubs as she made her way through the forest. It was beginning to get dark, and long shadows were cast by the twisted foliage. Small raindrops slipped off from the thick leaves above, and landed on the ground below. She shook as one landed on her head. She figured she was in the Shrieking Wilds, given how dense and overgrown the forest was, but she liked it here. She felt safe in the thick bushes and trees. A sweet masculine voice trickeled out from the trees and stopped her in her tracks, "Well your a sight for sore eyes" Shimmerwing whirreled around at the sound, but she couldn't find its source. She stood there, searching the forest with her eyes. Silence hung over the trees. For a moment, she thought she was hallucinating. "Not many travelers like yourself find their way this far into these woods" the voice echoed out again, this time from behind her. "I admire your courage..". She turned around again, straining her eyes to see who was speaking to her. A small gasp escaped her. A horn. A wing. A small sift of movement. As out of thin air, a dragon materialized before her as he moved away from the bushes. He was a tundra. His dark, forest green fur and wings aided him in blending in perfectly with the shaded forest around them. Shimmerwing marveled at how he could camouflage so well. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=33661287] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/336613/33661287_350.png[/img] [/url] "So what brings you to this part if the woods?" He inquired "Well I'm...." Shimmerwing recalled how she had run away from her home in the Ice Fields, away from all the problems and fighting. She let out a sigh, "It doesn't matter. What matters is that I'm here now.... and here to stay." The tundra nodded like he understood. "Well, you better not get caught out here after dark. You won't survive to see the light of day." He paused, considering something, then motioned to follow him. "Here come with me" he said as he turned around and started making his way through the trees. Shimmerwing, looked at the tundra and then at the darkening forest, weighing her options. She was weary of the stranger, but she knew how unforgiving the forest could be, and decided she would take her chances with the dragon and started after him. "Hey, by the way what's your name?" she called after him. "Aden" he called out. "Yours?" "Shimmerwing" she replied as she caught up with him. "Pretty name" he cooed He looked over and smiled at her. She caught his glance and smiled too. She was glad she found Aden. She felt happy, which was something she had not felt in quite a long time.
Meeting of the Founders

27827717_350.png

Shimmerwing picked her way among trees and shrubs as she made her way through the forest. It was beginning to get dark, and long shadows were cast by the twisted foliage. Small raindrops slipped off from the thick leaves above, and landed on the ground below. She shook as one landed on her head. She figured she was in the Shrieking Wilds, given how dense and overgrown the forest was, but she liked it here. She felt safe in the thick bushes and trees.

A sweet masculine voice trickeled out from the trees and stopped her in her tracks, "Well your a sight for sore eyes"

Shimmerwing whirreled around at the sound, but she couldn't find its source. She stood there, searching the forest with her eyes. Silence hung over the trees. For a moment, she thought she was hallucinating.

"Not many travelers like yourself find their way this far into these woods" the voice echoed out again, this time from behind her. "I admire your courage..".

She turned around again, straining her eyes to see who was speaking to her. A small gasp escaped her. A horn. A wing. A small sift of movement. As out of thin air, a dragon materialized before her as he moved away from the bushes. He was a tundra. His dark, forest green fur and wings aided him in blending in perfectly with the shaded forest around them. Shimmerwing marveled at how he could camouflage so well.

33661287_350.png

"So what brings you to this part if the woods?" He inquired

"Well I'm...." Shimmerwing recalled how she had run away from her home in the Ice Fields, away from all the problems and fighting. She let out a sigh, "It doesn't matter. What matters is that I'm here now.... and here to stay."

The tundra nodded like he understood. "Well, you better not get caught out here after dark. You won't survive to see the light of day." He paused, considering something, then motioned to follow him.

"Here come with me" he said as he turned around and started making his way through the trees.

Shimmerwing, looked at the tundra and then at the darkening forest, weighing her options. She was weary of the stranger, but she knew how unforgiving the forest could be, and decided she would take her chances with the dragon and started after him.

"Hey, by the way what's your name?" she called after him.

"Aden" he called out. "Yours?"

"Shimmerwing" she replied as she caught up with him.

"Pretty name" he cooed

He looked over and smiled at her. She caught his glance and smiled too. She was glad she found Aden. She felt happy, which was something she had not felt in quite a long time.
@fallowfreckles
Hey I finally set up a lore page for these guys! Would you like to be on the pinglist for more updates?
@fallowfreckles
Hey I finally set up a lore page for these guys! Would you like to be on the pinglist for more updates?
@Dreamcoyote

Absolutely! I'm so excited :D
@Dreamcoyote

Absolutely! I'm so excited :D
tumblr_osypjonciM1u9ymyzo1_100.png ....................................................................................... tumblr_osyre6Wpes1u9ymyzo7_r1_100.png
@fallowfreckles [center][size=6][u][b]Hatching of the First Nest[/b][/u][/size] [item=Unhatched nature egg][item=Unhatched nature egg][item=Unhatched nature egg] Shimmerwing knew she belonged here in the forest with Aden. They shared his lair space, which was a little den dug out from under a fallen tree, and they got along perfectly. He showed her the ways of the forest, how to survive, and which plants to gather for food. He was kind, strong, and practical, which went along with Shimmerwings sweet personality and courage. They bickered sometimes, but in a sweet and playful way. One evening, they both were getting ready to settle down for the night. Shimmerwing had already laid down on a nest of leaves and moss, while Aden was finishing sorting through the food he had gathered that day. Shimmerwing called out to him, "Aden?" He set down a plant and turned around to look at her, "Hmm?" "Would you..?"she trailed off, "Would you ever want to have hatchlings one day? She inquired He contemplated this, and then padded over to her, promptly sitting down before he responded "Well, yes. One day, I would like to." Me nuzzled her, "Would you?" A slight smile shown on Shimmerwings face as she looked at the ground, "yeah... probably". She then looked up at him straight into his eyes. "Aden, do you think you would want to....."she trailed off again. "Have hatchlings with.... me?" His concerned expression disappointed her, and sadness plunged into her heart. "Oh well, if you don't want to that's fine..." she quickly said "I just thought..." "No, no, Shim" he responded, nuzzling her again. "I would love to..." he paused "Its just, it might be hard raising hatchlings in this forest. There are so many dangers and I'm afraid they wouldn't survive..." Shimmerwing nodded... she understood where he was coming from, but she still had to try. "We could protect them?" She whispered "We couldn't protect them forever...." he responded Shimmerwing was determined, "Well, we could teach them the ways of the forest like you did me. They would be strong and smart and would know how to survive. I know some of them might not make it, but we could at least try." Aden smiled at her, finally giving in. "You never know when to give up don't you?" He chuckled "I suppose it wouldn't hurt to try wouldn't it? Shimmerwing, I would love to have hatchlings with you" He then layed down next to his best friend, companion, and now loving mate. A few days later, the Gladekeeper blessed them with three lovley eggs. Radiant and healthy, Shimmerwing cared for them day by day while Aden collected food and patrolled the borders. They both were very happy and looked forward to them hatching. It was just five days in when Shimmerwing was awoken from her sleep. Shimmerwings ears pricked up. A small tapping noise was echoing off of the dens walls, so quiet that only a mothers fine tuned ears could pick it up. Shimmerwing looked at the eggs, clustered snugly together. One of them slightly moved as a hairline crack appeared. Giddiness rose up in her, and she nuged Aden awake without a word. They both sat and observed quietly. The small egg rocked back and fourth as more cracks appeared. A little snout attempted to push out, breaking more of the eggshell. The little hatchling pushed one more time and the egg burst open, resulting in a wet furry mess floping out from it. A small gasp escaped Shimmerwing and she bent down and nuged the hatchling with her snout. It was a little female tundra, her wings and striped body both beautiful shades of green. [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=152&bodygene=2&breed=6&element=10&gender=1&tert=113&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=35&auth=7139695145b1d12cc79ad16c140652b7090b1651&dummyext=prev.png[/img] She yapped and pawed at Shimmerwing, then promptly started trying to naw on her whisker. Shimmerwing lifted her head back up and the little hatchling yipped in protest, but soon turned her attention to exploring the nest and her surroundings. The parents looked over at the other eggs, one already in the process of hatching. It was well cracked, but the little one inside seemed to be having trouble breaking though. Shimmerwing knelt down to help, but Aden put a paw on her shoulder. "It needs to break through by itself" he calmly said Shimmerwing nodded and watched as the little hatchling whined in protest as it struggled. Finally, after it seemed like it given up all hope, it gave one last push and tumbled out. It was another little female tundra. She was a much brighter and paler green, easy to spot in the forest, but Shimmerwing didn't dwell on the thought for long. [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=31&bodygene=0&breed=6&element=10&gender=1&tert=113&tertgene=5&winggene=2&wings=38&auth=2e68f8a8da66f94b4d22843d02b127fa06b4c31a&dummyext=prev.png[/img] The little hatchling yawned and looked around with eyes full of curiosity. She spotted her sister and waddled over to her. The firstborn glared at her sister and pounced on her, and the two began to wrestle around. Shimmerwing and Aden looked over at the last egg, and dread filled their eyes. Only an eggshell remained of what the egg used to be. Shimmerwing starred at it. She was confused and scarred. Where had her third hatchling gone? She got up and started searching around frantically. "Hey Shim! Look" said Aden, who had calmly stayed at the nest Shimmerwing slowly came over and looked where Aden was pointing. In the shadow of the corner of the nest, two little green eyes shone through the darkness. Relief flooded Shimmerwing, and she reached out and picked up the hatchling. It was a female pearlcatcher, like herself. She was the deepest shade of green, the reason she could hide so well in the shadows. [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=81&bodygene=2&breed=4&element=10&gender=1&tert=39&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=35&auth=f93fdb727424fa5b195cc14a056b32c96d686d0d&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Aden nodded "She is going to be able to camouflage in the forest well" he mused Shimmerwing stared into the hatchlings emerald eyes, and the set her down near her egg. The little pearlcatcher promptly started chewing on the eggshell. The two parents looked over the hatchlings. "Three little girls." Shimmerwing said, content "Their beutiful, just like their mother" Aden cooed, nuzzling her. "What shall their names be?" Shimmerwing sat for a moment, pondering the question. She pointed at the oldest hatchling, who was now attempting to pounce on her sister tail "Adeline" she said softly. She looked over at the light green tundra. "You're Delilah" She saw the little pearlcatcher was now contently stroking her newly made pearl. "And you are Savanah" she said The proud parents looked over their three little hatchlings. They were happy, but in the back of their minds, they knew some of them might not survive growing up in the deadly forest. They could only hope that at least one of them was strong enough to make it to adulthood.
@fallowfreckles
Hatching of the First Nest

Unhatched Nature Egg Unhatched Nature Egg Unhatched Nature Egg

Shimmerwing knew she belonged here in the forest with Aden. They shared his lair space, which was a little den dug out from under a fallen tree, and they got along perfectly. He showed her the ways of the forest, how to survive, and which plants to gather for food. He was kind, strong, and practical, which went along with Shimmerwings sweet personality and courage. They bickered sometimes, but in a sweet and playful way.

One evening, they both were getting ready to settle down for the night. Shimmerwing had already laid down on a nest of leaves and moss, while Aden was finishing sorting through the food he had gathered that day.

Shimmerwing called out to him, "Aden?"

He set down a plant and turned around to look at her, "Hmm?"

"Would you..?"she trailed off, "Would you ever want to have hatchlings one day? She inquired

He contemplated this, and then padded over to her, promptly sitting down before he responded

"Well, yes. One day, I would like to." Me nuzzled her, "Would you?"

A slight smile shown on Shimmerwings face as she looked at the ground, "yeah... probably". She then looked up at him straight into his eyes. "Aden, do you think you would want to....."she trailed off again. "Have hatchlings with.... me?"

His concerned expression disappointed her, and sadness plunged into her heart.

"Oh well, if you don't want to that's fine..." she quickly said "I just thought..."

"No, no, Shim" he responded, nuzzling her again. "I would love to..." he paused "Its just, it might be hard raising hatchlings in this forest. There are so many dangers and I'm afraid they wouldn't survive..."

Shimmerwing nodded... she understood where he was coming from, but she still had to try. "We could protect them?" She whispered

"We couldn't protect them forever...." he responded

Shimmerwing was determined, "Well, we could teach them the ways of the forest like you did me. They would be strong and smart and would know how to survive. I know some of them might not make it, but we could at least try."

Aden smiled at her, finally giving in. "You never know when to give up don't you?" He chuckled "I suppose it wouldn't hurt to try wouldn't it? Shimmerwing, I would love to have hatchlings with you"

He then layed down next to his best friend, companion, and now loving mate.

A few days later, the Gladekeeper blessed them with three lovley eggs. Radiant and healthy, Shimmerwing cared for them day by day while Aden collected food and patrolled the borders. They both were very happy and looked forward to them hatching. It was just five days in when Shimmerwing was awoken from her sleep.

Shimmerwings ears pricked up. A small tapping noise was echoing off of the dens walls, so quiet that only a mothers fine tuned ears could pick it up. Shimmerwing looked at the eggs, clustered snugly together. One of them slightly moved as a hairline crack appeared. Giddiness rose up in her, and she nuged Aden awake without a word.

They both sat and observed quietly. The small egg rocked back and fourth as more cracks appeared. A little snout attempted to push out, breaking more of the eggshell. The little hatchling pushed one more time and the egg burst open, resulting in a wet furry mess floping out from it.

A small gasp escaped Shimmerwing and she bent down and nuged the hatchling with her snout. It was a little female tundra, her wings and striped body both beautiful shades of green.
dragon?age=0&body=152&bodygene=2&breed=6&element=10&gender=1&tert=113&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=35&auth=7139695145b1d12cc79ad16c140652b7090b1651&dummyext=prev.png
She yapped and pawed at Shimmerwing, then promptly started trying to naw on her whisker. Shimmerwing lifted her head back up and the little hatchling yipped in protest, but soon turned her attention to exploring the nest and her surroundings.

The parents looked over at the other eggs, one already in the process of hatching. It was well cracked, but the little one inside seemed to be having trouble breaking though. Shimmerwing knelt down to help, but Aden put a paw on her shoulder.

"It needs to break through by itself" he calmly said

Shimmerwing nodded and watched as the little hatchling whined in protest as it struggled. Finally, after it seemed like it given up all hope, it gave one last push and tumbled out. It was another little female tundra. She was a much brighter and paler green, easy to spot in the forest, but Shimmerwing didn't dwell on the thought for long.
dragon?age=0&body=31&bodygene=0&breed=6&element=10&gender=1&tert=113&tertgene=5&winggene=2&wings=38&auth=2e68f8a8da66f94b4d22843d02b127fa06b4c31a&dummyext=prev.png
The little hatchling yawned and looked around with eyes full of curiosity. She spotted her sister and waddled over to her. The firstborn glared at her sister and pounced on her, and the two began to wrestle around.

Shimmerwing and Aden looked over at the last egg, and dread filled their eyes. Only an eggshell remained of what the egg used to be. Shimmerwing starred at it. She was confused and scarred. Where had her third hatchling gone? She got up and started searching around frantically.

"Hey Shim! Look" said Aden, who had calmly stayed at the nest

Shimmerwing slowly came over and looked where Aden was pointing. In the shadow of the corner of the nest, two little green eyes shone through the darkness. Relief flooded Shimmerwing, and she reached out and picked up the hatchling. It was a female pearlcatcher, like herself. She was the deepest shade of green, the reason she could hide so well in the shadows.
dragon?age=0&body=81&bodygene=2&breed=4&element=10&gender=1&tert=39&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=35&auth=f93fdb727424fa5b195cc14a056b32c96d686d0d&dummyext=prev.png
Aden nodded "She is going to be able to camouflage in the forest well" he mused

Shimmerwing stared into the hatchlings emerald eyes, and the set her down near her egg. The little pearlcatcher promptly started chewing on the eggshell.

The two parents looked over the hatchlings.

"Three little girls." Shimmerwing said, content

"Their beutiful, just like their mother" Aden cooed, nuzzling her. "What shall their names be?"

Shimmerwing sat for a moment, pondering the question.

She pointed at the oldest hatchling, who was now attempting to pounce on her sister tail "Adeline" she said softly.

She looked over at the light green tundra. "You're Delilah"

She saw the little pearlcatcher was now contently stroking her newly made pearl. "And you are Savanah" she said

The proud parents looked over their three little hatchlings. They were happy, but in the back of their minds, they knew some of them might not survive growing up in the deadly forest. They could only hope that at least one of them was strong enough to make it to adulthood.
@Dreamcoyote oooh such great writing :0 I look forward to future generations.
Please can you add me to the pinglist?
@Dreamcoyote oooh such great writing :0 I look forward to future generations.
Please can you add me to the pinglist?
91EeHPS.pngstarwalkersbutton_zpst3krq2oc.png
@djoodi
Of course! I'm glad you like it!
@djoodi
Of course! I'm glad you like it!
1 2