Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | A Legacy of War Breeding Challenge!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 104 105
[center][size=6]New Optional Rules Added! (12/7/17)[/size][/center] [b]EDIT:[/b] I have a lore thread for my second Legacy of War challenge: [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2245811]The Waltz of Whispers[/url]! Feel free to check it out if you're interested. :D ~ I'm not going to lie -- I thought that @sevdrag's [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/1908122#post_1908122]Mercenary Makeover Legacy Challenge[/url] was like a Nuzlocke version of the original [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/1021864#post_1021864]Flight Rising Legacy Challenge[/url] by @justjasper. Both are cool, but I felt suddenly inclined to make rules for a more violent version of the Legacy Challenge, just because! [quote="The Base Rules"] 1. Begin with your founder -- a triple-Basic dragon with a plentiful breed (Fae, Guardian, Mirror, or Tundra). The other challenges recommend buying or hatching a G1, but you could be lazy like me and buy the cheapest triple-basic plentiful dragon on the Auction House. 2. Buy the founder a mate. The only rules here is that they must be breedable with the founder and cost 10kt (or its equivalent in gems) or less! [LIST] [*]The original Legacy Challenge states that they must be in the same flight as your founder (or heir, by extension), but as far as I'm concerned this is optional. Others will do Flight unification projects with their generation challenge as well, and that's perfectly fine, too! No matter what you do, though, don't go over the price ceiling! [/LIST] 3. When they're both RTB, breed them. [i]Only their first nest for any given breeding counts for this challenge[/i], but don't worry if you get one-egged. In a way, you're considered lucky for that.... 4. If you had a one-egg nest, then congratulations! That hatchling is your heir by default, and there will be no bloodshed in this generation. However, if you had two to five eggs, go to the [b]heir selection[/b] quote box below this one. Follow the instructions there. 5. Once your heir has been selected (or defaulted to), buy them a mate. This mate must be worth 10kt times the current generation number [i]or less[/i] off the Auction House. So for Gen 2 your price ceiling will be 20kt, for Gen 3 it will be 30kt, and so on. 6. Continue until the tenth generation's nest has hatched. The final survivor will be the winning dragon! [/quote] As with the original Legacy Challenge, [b]the goal is to get a respectable triple-gened dragon by the end.[/b] All right! Now how about those heirs? As mentioned, getting a one-egg nest is in a way a relief, as no one has to die. But if you end up with two to five, you naturally want the strongest dragon to carry on the legacy... [quote="Heir Selection (For Nests with 2+ Eggs)"] Wait for these dragons to grow up because they need to be adults in order to compete in the Coliseum. [i]Do not sell or exalt any of them in the meantime.[/i] Once they are adults, they will be forced to battle in order to determine who carries on the legacy -- and yes, this includes the dragons that made no genetic progress! Some general rules for these scenarios are as follows: --- 1. You must keep a battle streak going, [i]even if your dragons level up between fights.[/i] This is to prevent you from inputting points into areas that would allow one contender to be more likely to succeed over another. 2. You cannot use any sort of potion or spell on your contenders to heal them or boost their stats temporarily. 3. You cannot alter the contenders' starting battle stones. 4. When a contender faints, [i]they are considered defeated or dead,[/i] and thus disqualified from being your heir. 5. For most of these scenarios, a third level-one dragon may join in at least one battle streak. This will be called a "coach," and if they faint, it has no effect on what happens. You may also alter their battle stones beforehand, if you so wish. [i]This is optional, as you can go into a battle with less than three dragons, but recommended to extend the drama.[/i] --- Now, depending on how many hatchlings your nest had, here is how the battles will occur... [center]~ [b]2 Eggs[/b][/center] 1. Send both of the contenders (and the coach, if using one) to the Training Fields. Begin your battle streak. If you use a coach and they faint first, keep going; they have no effect on the final outcome. 2. Keep going until one of the contenders faints! The survivor will carry on the legacy. [center][b]3 Eggs[/b][/center] 1. Send all three of the contenders into the Training Fields. Begin your battle streak. 2. When one of the contenders faints, [i]keep going.[/i] They may look alive, but they have been officially disqualified. 3. When another contender faints, you may stop! The survivor will carry on the legacy. [center][b]4 Eggs[/b][/center] 1. Send the first two contenders [i]by birth order[/i] (hatchlings 1 and 2) into the Training Fields (with a coach, if using). Begin your battle streak. If you use a coach and they faint first, keep going; they have no effect on the final outcome. 2. Keep going until one of them faints. Set aside the survivor for now. 3. Repeat step one, but with the final two contenders [i]by birth order[/i] (hatchlings 3 and 4). If you used a coach for the first round, you may either re-use the same one or pick a new one. 4. Keep going until one of them faints. Set aside the survivor for now. 5. Take the victors of the first two battle streaks into a new streak (with whichever coach you prefer or a fresh one, if desired). [i]You can only give a coach stat points before this final round![/i] 6. Commence the final battle streak with the winners from the first two and keep going until one of them faints. The survivor will carry on the legacy. [center][b]5 Eggs[/b][/center] 1. Flip a coin. If it lands on heads, then the middle hatchling (3) will be in a trio with the first two hatchlings (1 and 2). If it lands on tails, then the middle hatchling will be in a trio with the last two hatchlings (4 and 5). 2. Whether the trio goes first or the duo and the coach go first depends on which group the middle hatchling ended up in. If the coin landed on heads, then the trio goes first; if it landed on tails, then the duo goes first. Either way, [i]the group with the first two hatchlings in it goes first.[/i] 3. Perform the battles in each group as follows: [LIST] [*]For the trio group, take the three contenders to the Training Fields and begin a battle streak. Like with the 3-egg nest, the first fainter isn't ushered out between streaks; though they will appear alive, they are disqualified upon fainting. Keep going until a second dragon faints. Set aside the survivor for now. [*]For the duo group, take the two contenders (and a coach, optionally) to the Training Fields and begin a battle streak. Like with all battles that may have a coach, whether they faint or not doesn't matter. Keep going until one of the contenders faints. Set aside the survivor for now. [/LIST] 4. Once the two survivors in each trial have been selected, bring them (and the coach from the duo group, if applicable) to the Training Fields once more. Begin your final battle streak and keep going until one of the contenders faints. The other one is the sole survivor and will carry on the legacy. [center][b]6 Eggs[/b][/center] A six-egg nest is technically impossible in the normal challenge, but if you use the [b]Try Weggain[/b] optional rule, then it could happen! In such a case, here is how the heir would be determined: -- 1. The dragon from the first nest and the [i]older two[/i] dragons from the second nest become a Coliseum team and follow the three-egg nest battle rules. Continue the battle streak until two of the three dragons have fainted at least once. Set aside the survivor. 2. Repeat the first step, but with the [i]youngest three[/i] dragons of the second nest. 3. Once the two survivors in each trial have been selected, bring them (and a coach, if desired) to the Training Fields once more. Begin your final battle streak and keep going until one of the contenders faints. The other one is the sole survivor and will carry on the legacy. [/quote] I hope anyone who decides to take this challenge has fun! In the interest of spicing things up for returning Legacy of War challengees or catching the eye of new ones, I've also decided to add some optional rules explained in the quote box below. [quote="Optional Rules"] [b]All from Nothing:[/b] Instead of having a ten-generation limit, your Legacy of War lives on until you have bred a dragon with a rare breed (Coatl or Wildclaw) and triple gem genes who can trace their lineage back to your triple-Basic and plentiful founder. If you use this optional rule, I suggest also using [b]The Chosen One[/b] optional rule. [b]Cheater, Cheater:[/b] During battle streaks, some of your contenders can play dirty by smuggling in potions! But this doesn't mean that you get to choose who did it or the potency of the potions used. Here are notes to anyone who wishes to use this rule: [LIST] [*]You may only use Minor Health Potions. [*]After every battle in a streak, roll a six-sided die. If the result is 1 through 5, then nothing happens. If the result is 6, then someone uses a potion. [*]The only dragons that are allowed to use potions are those who are prospective heirs (aka: not coaches) [i]and[/i] those who haven't fainted (aka: not yet disqualified). Therefore, if a dragon has already fainted in a trio group and you roll for a potion to be used, then that disqualified dragon is not allowed to receive the potion's benefits. [*]When a potion is rolled to be used, roll the six-sided die again. In a trio battle where all dragons still qualify (aka: none have fainted yet), rolling a 1 or 2 gives it to the oldest dragon, a 3 or 4 gives it to the middle dragon, and a 5 or 6 gives it to the youngest dragon. In a duo battle [i]or[/i] a trio battle where one dragon is disqualified, rolling 1-3 gives it to the older qualifying dragon and rolling a 4-6 gives it to the younger qualifying dragon. [*]If a coach is being used, roll the six-sided die one more time. Rolling a 1-4 means the coach didn't notice. Rolling the 5-6 means the coach [i]did[/i] notice and disqualifies the potion user at once, leaving the dragon that [i]didn't[/i] use the potion in that round as your default survivor for the battle (which might make them your heir for that generation, depending on the circumstances!). [/LIST] [b]The Chosen One:[/b] If you bought a mate that has a rare breed (Coatl or Wildclaw) and/or any number of gem genes, it's unlikely that those traits will pass down even if your current heir has a limited breed or gene in their corresponding slots. If such a dragon is born against all odds, they are declared "the chosen one" for that generation and are automatically made heir, regardless of whether or not you prefer their siblings (for any reason) over them. [LIST] [*]If, through a miracle of the RNG, you end up with multiple dragons in a generation that could be qualified as chosen ones, then the one with more upgrades of this kind will win automatically. If they have the same number of upgrades of this kind, then they must fight it out the way traditional heirs would, but [i]only[/i] between other chosen ones. Dragons that aren't chosen ones are still disqualified from being heir for that generation. [/LIST] [b]Discount Mates:[/b] [i]All[/i] mates must be purchased for 10kt (or its gem equivalent) or less throughout the duration of the challenge. [b]Level Playing Field:[/b] You [i]must[/i] alter any differing battle stones of your potential heirs, but [i]only[/i] so that they are the same for every contender. If this optional rule is used, it must be consistent throughout every generation of the Legacy of War. There are three viable combinations to select from: [LIST] [*]Anticipate and Shred [*]Meditate and Contuse [*]Scratch and Shred [/LIST] [b]Mandatory Coaches:[/b] This was a rule in the original Legacy of War that I took out, but it's making a comeback. It's exactly what it sounds like: coaches are now mandatory for groups that would otherwise contain only two dragons. This can lead to some fun in-lore drama when combined with the [b]Cheater, Cheater[/b] optional rule. [b]Scraping the Barrel:[/b] A more extreme variation of the [b]Slim Pickings[/b] optional rule. It works the same way, except you [i]cannot[/i] filter for the biological sex that's breedable with your heir. [b]Slim Pickings:[/b] A more extreme variation of the [b]Discount Mates[/b] optional rule. When picking your founder's or heir's mate on the Auction House, filter for the biological sex that's breedable with them, change the currency to treasure (if desired), and search. Make it so that you have 50 dragons per page. From here, you [i]must[/i] pick your mate for this next generation from these 50 dragons. If the mate you try to buy is taken before you can nab them, then you must click to the next page and pick a dragon from there, or so on until a mate is successfully purchased. [b]Try Weggain (OR: If at First You Don't Succeed):[/b] If a Legacy of War pair gives you a one-egg nest on their first breeding, then instead of declaring the sole hatchling your heir by default, you get to have a second nest between the parents. Here are notes to anyone who wishes to use this rule: [LIST] [*]It's all or nothing. If you use the [b]Try Weggain[/b] optional rule, then you [i]must[/i] re-breed the parents for all generations that get a one-egg nest, [i]even if[/i] the sole hatchling has one or more upgrades that would satisfy a Legacy of War challengee. [*]If -- deities forbid -- the parents give you another one-egg nest after the first one, then you cannot breed them a third time. [i]This clause only applies to the first breeding of a generation, not the second.[/i] [*]The single dragon hatched from the one-egg nest must be kept, and will be forced to battle with the sibling(s) that come from the second breeding of their parents. In the meantime, they [i]cannot[/i] be exalted, leveled, bred, or have their starting battle stones altered. [*]When looking up the heir selection rules in the quote box above, the single dragon from the first nest will qualify as the [i]firstborn.[/i] The first child of the second nest will qualify as the secondborn, the second child of the second nest will qualify as the thirdborn, and so on. [*]If you get a five-egg nest after your one-egg nest, then you will have six potential heirs! This cannot happen during a normal Legacy of War challenge, but the heir selection method for a "six-egg nest" is now described in the heir selection quote box above. [/LIST] [b]Weeding Out the Unworthy:[/b] Instead of holding battle streaks, set up your Coliseum parties as you would according to the heir selection box above (without coaches) and send them to a high-level Coliseum venue (ex: the Arena) where -- obviously -- no one would survive. From here, watch the enemies obliterate your prospective heirs. The one who is struck down last is considered the survivor. Repeat according to the heir selection box as needed to discover who your deity has deemed worthy of continuing your legacy. [/quote] Since this idea came to me suddenly, I've decided to alter my traditional Legacy Challenge to its rules! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=28305293] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/283053/28305293_350.png[/img] [/url] This is Rohais, my founder. As you can tell by her sparkly demeanor, she has no idea of the bloodshed awaiting her lineage. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=28348372] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/283484/28348372_350.png[/img] [/url] This is Ernest, my founder's mate. He's probably the one who's going to start this horrid tradition, and I can't wait for the lore possibilities. I might even start a lore thread for it, if anyone is interested! They're RTB in a week and I'm so stoked to get this started!
New Optional Rules Added! (12/7/17)

EDIT: I have a lore thread for my second Legacy of War challenge: The Waltz of Whispers! Feel free to check it out if you're interested. :D

~

I'm not going to lie -- I thought that @sevdrag's Mercenary Makeover Legacy Challenge was like a Nuzlocke version of the original Flight Rising Legacy Challenge by @justjasper. Both are cool, but I felt suddenly inclined to make rules for a more violent version of the Legacy Challenge, just because!

The Base Rules wrote:
1. Begin with your founder -- a triple-Basic dragon with a plentiful breed (Fae, Guardian, Mirror, or Tundra). The other challenges recommend buying or hatching a G1, but you could be lazy like me and buy the cheapest triple-basic plentiful dragon on the Auction House.

2. Buy the founder a mate. The only rules here is that they must be breedable with the founder and cost 10kt (or its equivalent in gems) or less!

• The original Legacy Challenge states that they must be in the same flight as your founder (or heir, by extension), but as far as I'm concerned this is optional. Others will do Flight unification projects with their generation challenge as well, and that's perfectly fine, too! No matter what you do, though, don't go over the price ceiling!

3. When they're both RTB, breed them. Only their first nest for any given breeding counts for this challenge, but don't worry if you get one-egged. In a way, you're considered lucky for that....

4. If you had a one-egg nest, then congratulations! That hatchling is your heir by default, and there will be no bloodshed in this generation. However, if you had two to five eggs, go to the heir selection quote box below this one. Follow the instructions there.

5. Once your heir has been selected (or defaulted to), buy them a mate. This mate must be worth 10kt times the current generation number or less off the Auction House. So for Gen 2 your price ceiling will be 20kt, for Gen 3 it will be 30kt, and so on.

6. Continue until the tenth generation's nest has hatched. The final survivor will be the winning dragon!

As with the original Legacy Challenge, the goal is to get a respectable triple-gened dragon by the end.

All right! Now how about those heirs? As mentioned, getting a one-egg nest is in a way a relief, as no one has to die. But if you end up with two to five, you naturally want the strongest dragon to carry on the legacy...

Heir Selection (For Nests with 2+ Eggs) wrote:
Wait for these dragons to grow up because they need to be adults in order to compete in the Coliseum. Do not sell or exalt any of them in the meantime. Once they are adults, they will be forced to battle in order to determine who carries on the legacy -- and yes, this includes the dragons that made no genetic progress!

Some general rules for these scenarios are as follows:

---

1. You must keep a battle streak going, even if your dragons level up between fights. This is to prevent you from inputting points into areas that would allow one contender to be more likely to succeed over another.

2. You cannot use any sort of potion or spell on your contenders to heal them or boost their stats temporarily.

3. You cannot alter the contenders' starting battle stones.

4. When a contender faints, they are considered defeated or dead, and thus disqualified from being your heir.

5. For most of these scenarios, a third level-one dragon may join in at least one battle streak. This will be called a "coach," and if they faint, it has no effect on what happens. You may also alter their battle stones beforehand, if you so wish. This is optional, as you can go into a battle with less than three dragons, but recommended to extend the drama.

---

Now, depending on how many hatchlings your nest had, here is how the battles will occur...

~

2 Eggs

1. Send both of the contenders (and the coach, if using one) to the Training Fields. Begin your battle streak. If you use a coach and they faint first, keep going; they have no effect on the final outcome.

2. Keep going until one of the contenders faints! The survivor will carry on the legacy.

3 Eggs

1. Send all three of the contenders into the Training Fields. Begin your battle streak.

2. When one of the contenders faints, keep going. They may look alive, but they have been officially disqualified.

3. When another contender faints, you may stop! The survivor will carry on the legacy.

4 Eggs

1. Send the first two contenders by birth order (hatchlings 1 and 2) into the Training Fields (with a coach, if using). Begin your battle streak. If you use a coach and they faint first, keep going; they have no effect on the final outcome.

2. Keep going until one of them faints. Set aside the survivor for now.

3. Repeat step one, but with the final two contenders by birth order (hatchlings 3 and 4). If you used a coach for the first round, you may either re-use the same one or pick a new one.

4. Keep going until one of them faints. Set aside the survivor for now.

5. Take the victors of the first two battle streaks into a new streak (with whichever coach you prefer or a fresh one, if desired). You can only give a coach stat points before this final round!

6. Commence the final battle streak with the winners from the first two and keep going until one of them faints. The survivor will carry on the legacy.

5 Eggs

1. Flip a coin. If it lands on heads, then the middle hatchling (3) will be in a trio with the first two hatchlings (1 and 2). If it lands on tails, then the middle hatchling will be in a trio with the last two hatchlings (4 and 5).

2. Whether the trio goes first or the duo and the coach go first depends on which group the middle hatchling ended up in. If the coin landed on heads, then the trio goes first; if it landed on tails, then the duo goes first. Either way, the group with the first two hatchlings in it goes first.

3. Perform the battles in each group as follows:

• For the trio group, take the three contenders to the Training Fields and begin a battle streak. Like with the 3-egg nest, the first fainter isn't ushered out between streaks; though they will appear alive, they are disqualified upon fainting. Keep going until a second dragon faints. Set aside the survivor for now.

• For the duo group, take the two contenders (and a coach, optionally) to the Training Fields and begin a battle streak. Like with all battles that may have a coach, whether they faint or not doesn't matter. Keep going until one of the contenders faints. Set aside the survivor for now.

4. Once the two survivors in each trial have been selected, bring them (and the coach from the duo group, if applicable) to the Training Fields once more. Begin your final battle streak and keep going until one of the contenders faints. The other one is the sole survivor and will carry on the legacy.

6 Eggs

A six-egg nest is technically impossible in the normal challenge, but if you use the Try Weggain optional rule, then it could happen! In such a case, here is how the heir would be determined:

--

1. The dragon from the first nest and the older two dragons from the second nest become a Coliseum team and follow the three-egg nest battle rules. Continue the battle streak until two of the three dragons have fainted at least once. Set aside the survivor.

2. Repeat the first step, but with the youngest three dragons of the second nest.

3. Once the two survivors in each trial have been selected, bring them (and a coach, if desired) to the Training Fields once more. Begin your final battle streak and keep going until one of the contenders faints. The other one is the sole survivor and will carry on the legacy.

I hope anyone who decides to take this challenge has fun! In the interest of spicing things up for returning Legacy of War challengees or catching the eye of new ones, I've also decided to add some optional rules explained in the quote box below.

Optional Rules wrote:
All from Nothing: Instead of having a ten-generation limit, your Legacy of War lives on until you have bred a dragon with a rare breed (Coatl or Wildclaw) and triple gem genes who can trace their lineage back to your triple-Basic and plentiful founder. If you use this optional rule, I suggest also using The Chosen One optional rule.

Cheater, Cheater: During battle streaks, some of your contenders can play dirty by smuggling in potions! But this doesn't mean that you get to choose who did it or the potency of the potions used. Here are notes to anyone who wishes to use this rule:

• You may only use Minor Health Potions.
  • After every battle in a streak, roll a six-sided die. If the result is 1 through 5, then nothing happens. If the result is 6, then someone uses a potion.
  • The only dragons that are allowed to use potions are those who are prospective heirs (aka: not coaches) and those who haven't fainted (aka: not yet disqualified). Therefore, if a dragon has already fainted in a trio group and you roll for a potion to be used, then that disqualified dragon is not allowed to receive the potion's benefits.
  • When a potion is rolled to be used, roll the six-sided die again. In a trio battle where all dragons still qualify (aka: none have fainted yet), rolling a 1 or 2 gives it to the oldest dragon, a 3 or 4 gives it to the middle dragon, and a 5 or 6 gives it to the youngest dragon. In a duo battle or a trio battle where one dragon is disqualified, rolling 1-3 gives it to the older qualifying dragon and rolling a 4-6 gives it to the younger qualifying dragon.
  • If a coach is being used, roll the six-sided die one more time. Rolling a 1-4 means the coach didn't notice. Rolling the 5-6 means the coach did notice and disqualifies the potion user at once, leaving the dragon that didn't use the potion in that round as your default survivor for the battle (which might make them your heir for that generation, depending on the circumstances!).

The Chosen One: If you bought a mate that has a rare breed (Coatl or Wildclaw) and/or any number of gem genes, it's unlikely that those traits will pass down even if your current heir has a limited breed or gene in their corresponding slots. If such a dragon is born against all odds, they are declared "the chosen one" for that generation and are automatically made heir, regardless of whether or not you prefer their siblings (for any reason) over them.

• If, through a miracle of the RNG, you end up with multiple dragons in a generation that could be qualified as chosen ones, then the one with more upgrades of this kind will win automatically. If they have the same number of upgrades of this kind, then they must fight it out the way traditional heirs would, but only between other chosen ones. Dragons that aren't chosen ones are still disqualified from being heir for that generation.

Discount Mates: All mates must be purchased for 10kt (or its gem equivalent) or less throughout the duration of the challenge.

Level Playing Field: You must alter any differing battle stones of your potential heirs, but only so that they are the same for every contender. If this optional rule is used, it must be consistent throughout every generation of the Legacy of War. There are three viable combinations to select from:

• Anticipate and Shred
  • Meditate and Contuse
  • Scratch and Shred

Mandatory Coaches: This was a rule in the original Legacy of War that I took out, but it's making a comeback. It's exactly what it sounds like: coaches are now mandatory for groups that would otherwise contain only two dragons. This can lead to some fun in-lore drama when combined with the Cheater, Cheater optional rule.

Scraping the Barrel: A more extreme variation of the Slim Pickings optional rule. It works the same way, except you cannot filter for the biological sex that's breedable with your heir.

Slim Pickings: A more extreme variation of the Discount Mates optional rule. When picking your founder's or heir's mate on the Auction House, filter for the biological sex that's breedable with them, change the currency to treasure (if desired), and search. Make it so that you have 50 dragons per page. From here, you must pick your mate for this next generation from these 50 dragons. If the mate you try to buy is taken before you can nab them, then you must click to the next page and pick a dragon from there, or so on until a mate is successfully purchased.

Try Weggain (OR: If at First You Don't Succeed): If a Legacy of War pair gives you a one-egg nest on their first breeding, then instead of declaring the sole hatchling your heir by default, you get to have a second nest between the parents. Here are notes to anyone who wishes to use this rule:

• It's all or nothing. If you use the Try Weggain optional rule, then you must re-breed the parents for all generations that get a one-egg nest, even if the sole hatchling has one or more upgrades that would satisfy a Legacy of War challengee.

• If -- deities forbid -- the parents give you another one-egg nest after the first one, then you cannot breed them a third time. This clause only applies to the first breeding of a generation, not the second.

• The single dragon hatched from the one-egg nest must be kept, and will be forced to battle with the sibling(s) that come from the second breeding of their parents. In the meantime, they cannot be exalted, leveled, bred, or have their starting battle stones altered.

• When looking up the heir selection rules in the quote box above, the single dragon from the first nest will qualify as the firstborn. The first child of the second nest will qualify as the secondborn, the second child of the second nest will qualify as the thirdborn, and so on.

• If you get a five-egg nest after your one-egg nest, then you will have six potential heirs! This cannot happen during a normal Legacy of War challenge, but the heir selection method for a "six-egg nest" is now described in the heir selection quote box above.

Weeding Out the Unworthy: Instead of holding battle streaks, set up your Coliseum parties as you would according to the heir selection box above (without coaches) and send them to a high-level Coliseum venue (ex: the Arena) where -- obviously -- no one would survive. From here, watch the enemies obliterate your prospective heirs. The one who is struck down last is considered the survivor. Repeat according to the heir selection box as needed to discover who your deity has deemed worthy of continuing your legacy.

Since this idea came to me suddenly, I've decided to alter my traditional Legacy Challenge to its rules!

28305293_350.png

This is Rohais, my founder. As you can tell by her sparkly demeanor, she has no idea of the bloodshed awaiting her lineage.

28348372_350.png

This is Ernest, my founder's mate. He's probably the one who's going to start this horrid tradition, and I can't wait for the lore possibilities. I might even start a lore thread for it, if anyone is interested!

They're RTB in a week and I'm so stoked to get this started!
Oh, this sounds like cruel fun!! May your prettiest hatchlings survive ;)
Oh, this sounds like cruel fun!! May your prettiest hatchlings survive ;)
9MRyW42.jpg
Feymarch Apothecary
| experimenting with XXY combinations galore |

|| i collect unusual triples!
|| lovely unusual combos
@sevdrag Thanks for the luck! ;D I'm going to need it.
@sevdrag Thanks for the luck! ;D I'm going to need it.
-> updates after hiatus Anyway, my nest with my starting pair (shown above) hatched a while back into these twin Tundras. Sadly, no gene or breed upgrade happened, and I had no preference between these two before going into the elimination portion of this generation. Meet Bismuth and Luster: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=28980309] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/289804/28980309_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=28980310] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/289804/28980310_350.png[/img] [/url] I felt like Luster had better colors, but I prefer the male Tundra pose, so I was basically neutral on who would take the lead in the next generation. However, after a bloody battle, Bismuth was the one to faint first. As such, he's been exalted to the Gladekeeper and I had to find a lovely mate for our earth-toned winner! Thank goodness my spending limit has gone up to 20kt for this generation, or else I might not have found a dragon who was RTB with her. Again, I went for a dragon with triple-common genes and a breed upgrade to hopefully continue the legacy. Hilariously, all of the best options I found were Spirals, but the one with the best potential color offspring by far was this guy: the already-named Adonisis, who wears his Arcane apparel proudly! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=25012043] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/250121/25012043_350.png[/img] [/url] Together they had a three-egg nest! :D Looking forward to seeing what their little hatchlings look like. Fingers crossed they won't disappoint me as much as the last nest (even if Luster's colors were overall very nice).
-> updates after hiatus

Anyway, my nest with my starting pair (shown above) hatched a while back into these twin Tundras. Sadly, no gene or breed upgrade happened, and I had no preference between these two before going into the elimination portion of this generation. Meet Bismuth and Luster:

28980309_350.png

28980310_350.png

I felt like Luster had better colors, but I prefer the male Tundra pose, so I was basically neutral on who would take the lead in the next generation. However, after a bloody battle, Bismuth was the one to faint first. As such, he's been exalted to the Gladekeeper and I had to find a lovely mate for our earth-toned winner!

Thank goodness my spending limit has gone up to 20kt for this generation, or else I might not have found a dragon who was RTB with her. Again, I went for a dragon with triple-common genes and a breed upgrade to hopefully continue the legacy. Hilariously, all of the best options I found were Spirals, but the one with the best potential color offspring by far was this guy: the already-named Adonisis, who wears his Arcane apparel proudly!

25012043_350.png

Together they had a three-egg nest! :D Looking forward to seeing what their little hatchlings look like. Fingers crossed they won't disappoint me as much as the last nest (even if Luster's colors were overall very nice).
Oooh I'm into this. I might try one of my own @_@
Oooh I'm into this. I might try one of my own @_@
38082415sig.png
Kavryn [ Kav-r-y-n ] | » Level 25 Lair Challenge « | » G1 Sales «
@Kavryn That would be awesome. ^^ Feel free to post here if you decide to do so!
@Kavryn That would be awesome. ^^ Feel free to post here if you decide to do so!
Well, time to see what my second official breeding has brought me! After having bred Luster and Adonisis with a three-egg nest, I hatched the following Tundras, respectively named Cupid, Demeter, and Persephone: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=30189101] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/301892/30189101_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=30189102] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/301892/30189102_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=30189103] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/301892/30189103_350.png[/img] [/url] Though I still wasn't terribly impressed at the distinct lack of genes or Spirals amongst the group, I [i]did[/i] feel a small ray of hope when I saw that Persephone inherited Underbelly from her father. So, when I took them all to the Training Fields to test their mettle, I kept crossing my fingers, saying "please, please, please let me take Persephone." Not a chance. As a matter of fact, Persephone was the [i]first one[/i] to faint! My heart sank in my chest. Another generation of triple-basic Tundras was upon me. However, I carried on, and as Demeter fell in battle, I knew that Cupid had become my heir. So... at least it's a male Tundra this time. Demeter and Persephone were sent to the Gladekeeper, and I've found this gorgeous Snapper -- prenamed Leena -- to be Cupid's lovely mate for the third round of breeding. Please, for the love of the RNG and the Snappers that are so close to my heart, I hope that every hatchling gets at least [i]something[/i] so that a little forward progress can be made. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=30144308] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/301444/30144308_350.png[/img] [/url]
Well, time to see what my second official breeding has brought me!

After having bred Luster and Adonisis with a three-egg nest, I hatched the following Tundras, respectively named Cupid, Demeter, and Persephone:

30189101_350.png

30189102_350.png

30189103_350.png

Though I still wasn't terribly impressed at the distinct lack of genes or Spirals amongst the group, I did feel a small ray of hope when I saw that Persephone inherited Underbelly from her father. So, when I took them all to the Training Fields to test their mettle, I kept crossing my fingers, saying "please, please, please let me take Persephone."

Not a chance.

As a matter of fact, Persephone was the first one to faint!

My heart sank in my chest. Another generation of triple-basic Tundras was upon me. However, I carried on, and as Demeter fell in battle, I knew that Cupid had become my heir. So... at least it's a male Tundra this time.

Demeter and Persephone were sent to the Gladekeeper, and I've found this gorgeous Snapper -- prenamed Leena -- to be Cupid's lovely mate for the third round of breeding. Please, for the love of the RNG and the Snappers that are so close to my heart, I hope that every hatchling gets at least something so that a little forward progress can be made.

30144308_350.png
(This should probably be moved to the new forum. c: Please and thank you, lovely mods!) Well, here I am, back at it again with a... five-egg nest?? All right, then. Let's see what emerges from my third attempt... [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=30753255] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/307533/30753255_350.png[/img] [/url] Kali [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=30753256] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/307533/30753256_350.png[/img] [/url] Ash [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=30753257] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/307533/30753257_350.png[/img] [/url] Shade [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=30753258] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/307533/30753258_350.png[/img] [/url] Pepo [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=30753259] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/307533/30753259_350.png[/img] [/url] Galena I was ecstatic when I saw them. Four out of five received at least one gene! Even if none got a breed upgrade, I was hopeful when they appeared, and waited the next several days in eager anticipation for them to fight... After flipping a coin, I determined that the first group would be between Kali and Ash, and the latter group would have the youngest three siblings. Kali and Ash fought for a long time with their coach, but to my dismay, Kali fainted first, and so went one of my chances to get a double-gened dragon to continue the legacy. A sensation of dread filled me, but I stayed determined. After all, if Shade lost in the second round, then I was at least guaranteed one gene -- and one is better than nothing, of course. So, gritting my teeth, I sent the second group forth with Shade, Pepo, and Galena. With no coach to serve as dead weight, their battles lasted much longer. To my relief, Shade fainted first -- eliminating forever the possibility of a triple-Basic Tundra continuing my legacy. Afterwards fell Galena. This left the two sons, Ash and Pepo, as the ones who would go into the final round together. I was rooting for Pepo, of course -- he was the one who carried two genes -- but the RNG is a fickle mistress. Even though he was a full level higher than his older brother, every enemy decided that Pepo was a prime target for elimination, and he had fainted after a meager three battles. Even though I was a bit put out that I was only carrying on the Legacy of War with one gene instead of two, I held courage: for one is better than none at all. Now that I was guaranteed a tertiary gene, I sought a mate for the dire and dark Ash. This mate would have an uncommon tertiary and a common primary and secondary, as well as obtaining an upgrade in breed rarity. The lucky lady was Passion -- a fellow Nature dragon and a magnificent Pearlcatcher. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=30676826] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/306769/30676826_350.png[/img] [/url] She had an XYY sister with double-rose, but I picked her instead because she looked prettier and more unique to me. I mean, come on. Pearl wings on a Pearlcatcher with pearly wing bangles? It was perfect. Perhaps she'll be the one to bring a sense of sweetness and joy into the life of the bloodthirsty Ash, and perhaps she'll be the first mate of the generations to offer an upgrade in breed? Only time will tell...
(This should probably be moved to the new forum. c: Please and thank you, lovely mods!)

Well, here I am, back at it again with a... five-egg nest?? All right, then. Let's see what emerges from my third attempt...

30753255_350.png

Kali

30753256_350.png

Ash

30753257_350.png

Shade

30753258_350.png

Pepo

30753259_350.png

Galena

I was ecstatic when I saw them. Four out of five received at least one gene! Even if none got a breed upgrade, I was hopeful when they appeared, and waited the next several days in eager anticipation for them to fight...

After flipping a coin, I determined that the first group would be between Kali and Ash, and the latter group would have the youngest three siblings. Kali and Ash fought for a long time with their coach, but to my dismay, Kali fainted first, and so went one of my chances to get a double-gened dragon to continue the legacy.

A sensation of dread filled me, but I stayed determined. After all, if Shade lost in the second round, then I was at least guaranteed one gene -- and one is better than nothing, of course. So, gritting my teeth, I sent the second group forth with Shade, Pepo, and Galena. With no coach to serve as dead weight, their battles lasted much longer. To my relief, Shade fainted first -- eliminating forever the possibility of a triple-Basic Tundra continuing my legacy. Afterwards fell Galena. This left the two sons, Ash and Pepo, as the ones who would go into the final round together.

I was rooting for Pepo, of course -- he was the one who carried two genes -- but the RNG is a fickle mistress. Even though he was a full level higher than his older brother, every enemy decided that Pepo was a prime target for elimination, and he had fainted after a meager three battles. Even though I was a bit put out that I was only carrying on the Legacy of War with one gene instead of two, I held courage: for one is better than none at all.

Now that I was guaranteed a tertiary gene, I sought a mate for the dire and dark Ash. This mate would have an uncommon tertiary and a common primary and secondary, as well as obtaining an upgrade in breed rarity. The lucky lady was Passion -- a fellow Nature dragon and a magnificent Pearlcatcher.

30676826_350.png

She had an XYY sister with double-rose, but I picked her instead because she looked prettier and more unique to me. I mean, come on. Pearl wings on a Pearlcatcher with pearly wing bangles? It was perfect. Perhaps she'll be the one to bring a sense of sweetness and joy into the life of the bloodthirsty Ash, and perhaps she'll be the first mate of the generations to offer an upgrade in breed? Only time will tell...
(@Gaia Could you please move this to Quests and Challenges? This thread was made before the forum existed. ^^) For the fourth set, we had three eggs, out of which emerged a trio of brothers! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=31283531] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/312836/31283531_350.png[/img] [/url] Proca [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=31283532] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/312836/31283532_350.png[/img] [/url] Colobanthus [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=31283533] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/312836/31283533_350.png[/img] [/url] Saginus Upon hatching these little guys, I was surprised. Two of them got the breed upgrade to a Pearlcatcher, and Saginus even managed to get Okapi! Magnificent, I thought. But then I took a closer look at the middle child--an XYX Orca/Midnight dragon who, in spite of boasting no gene or breed upgrades like his brothers, called to me with that sweet Orca, which is a personal favorite FR color of mine. I knew I was going to end up keeping him for some kind of breeding project either way, but I recognized that he didn't [i]technically[/i] forward the legacy. At least, not in the way one might hope for. As a result, it was very difficult to decide which brother I wanted to root for. My brain said Saginus, but my heart said Colobanthus. At least in this challenge I don't get the luxury of a choice, I suppose. Once they were adults, I sent them to the Training Fields as one trio. After several grueling battles, Proca was the first to fall, teasing me with the idea that one of my two top choices would be carrying on the legacy. With a soft snarl, I pressured the remaining brothers to fight on... ...And Saginus fell to a shred wound. The RNG had dictated that Colobanthus would be my heir. Naturally, I want to keep the XYX Orca, so I searched the Auction House for a suitable candidate who had the right sorts of genes and breeds for feasible upgrades in the future. It took a stupidly long time because many of them had gem genes, and the only one happened to be of one of my least preferred breeds. It's okay, though; if future breed upgrades fail and I end up with a Ridgeback as my final product, at least I'll have probably grown attached to him or her for lore reasons. Meet the pre-named XXX Orca darling, Merlyn! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=31250390] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/312504/31250390_350.png[/img] [/url] I'm not necessarily going for a triple as the end result of this challenge, although I wouldn't exactly snub one if one were to come my way! The fact that she's a triple is just a bonus; she has everything I otherwise would want in a mate regarding gene and breed rarity, and was the only one to be so on the entire Auction House! Hopefully she'll finally pass down an elusive primary, secondary, or breed upgrade that's been plaguing this challenge for four generations now. See you guys in another couple weeks with the results...
(@Gaia Could you please move this to Quests and Challenges? This thread was made before the forum existed. ^^)

For the fourth set, we had three eggs, out of which emerged a trio of brothers!

31283531_350.png

Proca

31283532_350.png

Colobanthus

31283533_350.png

Saginus

Upon hatching these little guys, I was surprised. Two of them got the breed upgrade to a Pearlcatcher, and Saginus even managed to get Okapi! Magnificent, I thought. But then I took a closer look at the middle child--an XYX Orca/Midnight dragon who, in spite of boasting no gene or breed upgrades like his brothers, called to me with that sweet Orca, which is a personal favorite FR color of mine. I knew I was going to end up keeping him for some kind of breeding project either way, but I recognized that he didn't technically forward the legacy. At least, not in the way one might hope for.

As a result, it was very difficult to decide which brother I wanted to root for. My brain said Saginus, but my heart said Colobanthus.

At least in this challenge I don't get the luxury of a choice, I suppose.

Once they were adults, I sent them to the Training Fields as one trio. After several grueling battles, Proca was the first to fall, teasing me with the idea that one of my two top choices would be carrying on the legacy. With a soft snarl, I pressured the remaining brothers to fight on...

...And Saginus fell to a shred wound. The RNG had dictated that Colobanthus would be my heir.

Naturally, I want to keep the XYX Orca, so I searched the Auction House for a suitable candidate who had the right sorts of genes and breeds for feasible upgrades in the future. It took a stupidly long time because many of them had gem genes, and the only one happened to be of one of my least preferred breeds. It's okay, though; if future breed upgrades fail and I end up with a Ridgeback as my final product, at least I'll have probably grown attached to him or her for lore reasons.

Meet the pre-named XXX Orca darling, Merlyn!

31250390_350.png

I'm not necessarily going for a triple as the end result of this challenge, although I wouldn't exactly snub one if one were to come my way! The fact that she's a triple is just a bonus; she has everything I otherwise would want in a mate regarding gene and breed rarity, and was the only one to be so on the entire Auction House! Hopefully she'll finally pass down an elusive primary, secondary, or breed upgrade that's been plaguing this challenge for four generations now.

See you guys in another couple weeks with the results...
@Dreamnorn Moved :)
@Dreamnorn Moved :)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 104 105