Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Frozen Claws [Pinkerlocke]
xdtoug.png

Rules
Dragons
Art
Prologue
Day 1

Rules
Dragons
Art
Prologue
Day 1

A death in the coliseum = that dragon must be exalted. This is the most essential rule of a nuzlocke.
Drops of Fate:

Food: Coliseum time!
Plants: 10-20 matches
Insects: 20-30 matches
Seafood: 30-40 matches
Meat: 40-50 matches

Easymode: Choose whichever team and venue you want and go for it. Running from battles, using health potions, and ending the battle streak is fine.

Materials: Do some writing for your nuzlocke. How does your new nuzlocke clan change and develop? What are your dragons like personality-wise? How do they get along? How do they die? Is there an antagonist in this nuzlocke, or are they merely struggling against the forces of nature? Write dragon bios! Make a blog, or a thread for your challenge in the creative forums! Write short stories or paragraphs, or add to one big one adventure!

Trinkets: Do some art for your nuzlocke! Digital or traditional, use whatever medium feels best for you. Draw deaths. Draw dragons. Draw humanized versions of your dragons (if that's your sort of thing). Draw familiars and dragons together. It doesn't have to be that good or elaborate. If you make a nuzlocke thread, post your art there.

Familiars: Buy the cheapest dragon in the auction house of a specific breed. Use a random number generator (between 1-13) to determine which breed you will get!

1. Fae
2. Guardian
3. Mirror
4. Pearlcatcher
5. Ridgeback
6. Tundra
7. Spiral
8. Imperial
9. Snapper
10. Wildclaw
11. Nocturne
12. Coatl
13. Skydancer
14. Bogsneak

Apparel: Breed two of your dragons. The dragons you pick are up to you. You can also change one of the genes on a dragon, or use a scatterscroll if you are rich and crazy.

Note: You must flip a coin for each hatchling once they hatch. If tails, the dragon is dead and you must exalt it. This is in keeping with the origional Nuzlocke thread's rule, because I really like it.

Battle items:

Flip a coin.
Heads = DEATH STREAK
Tails = Nothing happens

DEATH STREAK rules: Randomly select three dragons using a random number generator. Fight in the coliseum using the "food" rules 10 rounds consecutively (ie. you cannot leave that arena), quitting midway if a dragon dies.
Rules:

A death in the coliseum = that dragon must be exalted. This is the most essential rule of a nuzlocke.
Drops of Fate:

Food: Coliseum time!
Plants: 10-20 matches
Insects: 20-30 matches
Seafood: 30-40 matches
Meat: 40-50 matches

Easymode: Choose whichever team and venue you want and go for it. Running from battles, using health potions, and ending the battle streak is fine.

Materials: Do some writing for your nuzlocke. How does your new nuzlocke clan change and develop? What are your dragons like personality-wise? How do they get along? How do they die? Is there an antagonist in this nuzlocke, or are they merely struggling against the forces of nature? Write dragon bios! Make a blog, or a thread for your challenge in the creative forums! Write short stories or paragraphs, or add to one big one adventure!

Trinkets: Do some art for your nuzlocke! Digital or traditional, use whatever medium feels best for you. Draw deaths. Draw dragons. Draw humanized versions of your dragons (if that's your sort of thing). Draw familiars and dragons together. It doesn't have to be that good or elaborate. If you make a nuzlocke thread, post your art there.

Familiars: Buy the cheapest dragon in the auction house of a specific breed. Use a random number generator (between 1-13) to determine which breed you will get!

1. Fae
2. Guardian
3. Mirror
4. Pearlcatcher
5. Ridgeback
6. Tundra
7. Spiral
8. Imperial
9. Snapper
10. Wildclaw
11. Nocturne
12. Coatl
13. Skydancer
14. Bogsneak

Apparel: Breed two of your dragons. The dragons you pick are up to you. You can also change one of the genes on a dragon, or use a scatterscroll if you are rich and crazy.

Note: You must flip a coin for each hatchling once they hatch. If tails, the dragon is dead and you must exalt it. This is in keeping with the origional Nuzlocke thread's rule, because I really like it.

Battle items:

Flip a coin.
Heads = DEATH STREAK
Tails = Nothing happens

DEATH STREAK rules: Randomly select three dragons using a random number generator. Fight in the coliseum using the "food" rules 10 rounds consecutively (ie. you cannot leave that arena), quitting midway if a dragon dies.
P0MOvQm.pngoA9oszV.png
[center][b][size=5]Dragons[/size][/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=27666852] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/276669/27666852_350.png[/img] [/url] ALIVE [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=27666854] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/276669/27666854_350.png[/img] [/url] ALIVE [/center]
Dragons

27666852_350.png

ALIVE

27666854_350.png

ALIVE
P0MOvQm.pngoA9oszV.png
Art
Art
P0MOvQm.pngoA9oszV.png
Prologue

"Things are changing."

He was running, stumbling down the mountainside. Shards of ice dug into his toes, freezing blasts in his eyes. Ahead of him, through the storm, a white figure. His brother ran, flailing. His wings outstretched and then compacted, tunneling like full fury against the snow.

Something was behind him, chasing. He felt a rush of power, a void dark and ruinous. It was approaching, gaining on them. Panic rose in his chest. It wasn't slowed by the snow.

The storm intensified, gusts blew into his eyes. He blinked the sharp pain away and scrambled faster, rushing and rushing and all the while trying to keep his foothold.

A voice rose, deep and haunting like a melody. Her smooth voice echoed suddenly, filling the air, filling the entire canyon. The howling of the wind died down and she spoke.

"You must leave. You can never return."

Argent jumped awake. He saw Cato sleeping on the stone floor, a few feet away. For a reason he couldn't explain or remember, he had an ominous premonition.

The last remaining embers cast shadows on the cave walls. He glanced around with unease, but the night held no answers.
Prologue

"Things are changing."

He was running, stumbling down the mountainside. Shards of ice dug into his toes, freezing blasts in his eyes. Ahead of him, through the storm, a white figure. His brother ran, flailing. His wings outstretched and then compacted, tunneling like full fury against the snow.

Something was behind him, chasing. He felt a rush of power, a void dark and ruinous. It was approaching, gaining on them. Panic rose in his chest. It wasn't slowed by the snow.

The storm intensified, gusts blew into his eyes. He blinked the sharp pain away and scrambled faster, rushing and rushing and all the while trying to keep his foothold.

A voice rose, deep and haunting like a melody. Her smooth voice echoed suddenly, filling the air, filling the entire canyon. The howling of the wind died down and she spoke.

"You must leave. You can never return."

Argent jumped awake. He saw Cato sleeping on the stone floor, a few feet away. For a reason he couldn't explain or remember, he had an ominous premonition.

The last remaining embers cast shadows on the cave walls. He glanced around with unease, but the night held no answers.
P0MOvQm.pngoA9oszV.png
[center][b][size=5]Day 1[/size][/b] Apparel ~ Breed [img]http://i.imgur.com/IFPXJFO.png[/img][/center] Argent crouched low, eyes on the snowshoe rabbit in front of him. Slowly, carefully, he crept forward. The snow was falling, blanketing the world in silence. For that he was glad. He prepared himself to pounce. Steadying himself, he held his breath and-- There was a sound. His eyes snapped to the undergrowth across the clearing, narrowing. A twig broke, then another. The rabbit froze in fear. He barely had time to process the situation before the bushes split and a mass of white fury came tunneling through. Argent watched in annoyance as his brother chaotically dove for the rabbit, scaring his prey away. "Thanks," Argent said, rising from his place amid the brush. "I actually wasn't that hungry." "Shame, because I almost caught it." Cato responded, but his retort was half-hearted and his eyes distracted. Argent knew instantly something was going on. "What, did something bite you?" He said, unable to sound more concerned than annoyed. Cato stared at him for a second with empty, confused eyes. "I think I found something." [center]* * *[/center] Argent followed Cato through the snow-covered forest, ducking under pine branches as his brother tore through the vegetation recklessly. If there had been anything to hunt here, there wouldn't be anymore, he thought grudgingly. Cato had been silent the whole way, but suddenly he spoke up. "I was hunting, and I followed this rabbit into a cave-- that one, there." He gestured to a gaping hole in the side of a hill. "More of a burrow, really." Argent commented. Cato ignored him and rushed down the slope towards the cave's entrance. "There were dragons here," He said. "You can tell. And I think they left something behind--" "Like what?"Argent said, genuinely curious now. "An egg. I think I saw the shell and I--" "A what?" They stood in the entrance now, their shadows stretching into the darkness. The scent was heavy, but familiar. Tundra dragons had been here. "There," Cato whispered. In the back corner, there was an arrangement of branches. Amid the darkness, a smooth crystal caught the light. The prism was exactly what it looked like-- an ice egg. "Dieties," Argent mumbled. "Is it alone? Is it alive?" Without a word, Cato stepped into the cave, leaving Argent to follow cautiously. They approached, driven by a strange mix of curiosity, hope, and fear. They both stopped short when they saw the egg had split. The small form was curled inside the nest, hairless and still. Cato edged closer, leaning carefully over the branches. "Poor thing. I bet he froze to--" Argent stopped cold when he saw Cato's face. "What? What is it?" The hatchling's eye hung open, staring up at nothing. Except where there should have been an eye, there was darkness. A dark, viscous fluid dripped from its open maw. Its claws were sharpened and deformed, tinted purple. This didn't look like a child, it looked like a nightmare. Argent felt a wave of sickness and anxiety rise within him. Cato nudged him back, defensively. "We need to go," He said, suddenly sounding more like the commanding older brother he was. The cave seemed darker now, it looked smaller. The walls seemed to be closing in. The drakes turned tail and rushed to the exit, barely watching where they were stepping. Argent felt something leathery under his toes, but didn't dare stop to check. Outside, in the clearing, they caught their breath. Argent knew he didn't have to say what they were thinking; they'd both heard tell of the monstrosities of the shade. Cato took a deep breath, and decided to pull himself together. "Alright," He said. "We need to get as far from this place as possible. If we're on the right route, the Snowed Inn should only be a day or two away. At this rate, we'll be there in no time." "Right." Argent agreed. "And we need to find shelter before dusk." "Let's get a move on, then." Cato sounded relieved. As they left the clearing and headed for the trees, he cast an uneasy glance back towards the cave. "Talk about bad parenting." It was an attempt to lighten the mood, but neither of them smiled. As they tread onward in silence, Argent ran over the image again and again in his mind. He couldn't shake the sudden feeling there was something he was supposed to remember. [center]_____________________________________________________________________________ [item=tanned rogue footpads] Coin Flip = Tails = Dead [size=2]I had to get a little creative with this breeding one, because my current two dragons are brothers, and this isn't that kind of story.[/size] @CEGAMischief[/center]
Day 1
Apparel ~ Breed

IFPXJFO.png

Argent crouched low, eyes on the snowshoe rabbit in front of him. Slowly, carefully, he crept forward. The snow was falling, blanketing the world in silence. For that he was glad.

He prepared himself to pounce. Steadying himself, he held his breath and--

There was a sound. His eyes snapped to the undergrowth across the clearing, narrowing. A twig broke, then another. The rabbit froze in fear.

He barely had time to process the situation before the bushes split and a mass of white fury came tunneling through. Argent watched in annoyance as his brother chaotically dove for the rabbit, scaring his prey away.

"Thanks," Argent said, rising from his place amid the brush. "I actually wasn't that hungry."

"Shame, because I almost caught it." Cato responded, but his retort was half-hearted and his eyes distracted. Argent knew instantly something was going on.

"What, did something bite you?" He said, unable to sound more concerned than annoyed.

Cato stared at him for a second with empty, confused eyes. "I think I found something."

Argent followed Cato through the snow-covered forest, ducking under pine branches as his brother tore through the vegetation recklessly. If there had been anything to hunt here, there wouldn't be anymore, he thought grudgingly.

Cato had been silent the whole way, but suddenly he spoke up. "I was hunting, and I followed this rabbit into a cave-- that one, there." He gestured to a gaping hole in the side of a hill.

"More of a burrow, really." Argent commented.

Cato ignored him and rushed down the slope towards the cave's entrance.

"There were dragons here," He said. "You can tell. And I think they left something behind--"

"Like what?"Argent said, genuinely curious now.

"An egg. I think I saw the shell and I--"

"A what?"

They stood in the entrance now, their shadows stretching into the darkness. The scent was heavy, but familiar. Tundra dragons had been here.

"There," Cato whispered.

In the back corner, there was an arrangement of branches. Amid the darkness, a smooth crystal caught the light. The prism was exactly what it looked like-- an ice egg.

"Dieties," Argent mumbled. "Is it alone? Is it alive?"

Without a word, Cato stepped into the cave, leaving Argent to follow cautiously.

They approached, driven by a strange mix of curiosity, hope, and fear. They both stopped short when they saw the egg had split. The small form was curled inside the nest, hairless and still. Cato edged closer, leaning carefully over the branches.

"Poor thing. I bet he froze to--" Argent stopped cold when he saw Cato's face.

"What? What is it?"

The hatchling's eye hung open, staring up at nothing. Except where there should have been an eye, there was darkness. A dark, viscous fluid dripped from its open maw. Its claws were sharpened and deformed, tinted purple. This didn't look like a child, it looked like a nightmare. Argent felt a wave of sickness and anxiety rise within him.

Cato nudged him back, defensively. "We need to go," He said, suddenly sounding more like the commanding older brother he was.

The cave seemed darker now, it looked smaller. The walls seemed to be closing in. The drakes turned tail and rushed to the exit, barely watching where they were stepping. Argent felt something leathery under his toes, but didn't dare stop to check.

Outside, in the clearing, they caught their breath. Argent knew he didn't have to say what they were thinking; they'd both heard tell of the monstrosities of the shade. Cato took a deep breath, and decided to pull himself together.

"Alright," He said. "We need to get as far from this place as possible. If we're on the right route, the Snowed Inn should only be a day or two away. At this rate, we'll be there in no time."

"Right." Argent agreed. "And we need to find shelter before dusk."

"Let's get a move on, then." Cato sounded relieved. As they left the clearing and headed for the trees, he cast an uneasy glance back towards the cave. "Talk about bad parenting." It was an attempt to lighten the mood, but neither of them smiled.

As they tread onward in silence, Argent ran over the image again and again in his mind. He couldn't shake the sudden feeling there was something he was supposed to remember.

I had to get a little creative with this breeding one, because my current two dragons are brothers, and this isn't that kind of story.

@CEGAMischief
P0MOvQm.pngoA9oszV.png