Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Lightning Might Strike Twice-abandoned
Lightning might strike twice A Windstorm Pinkerlocke My first Pinkerlocke, See [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1328376]here[/url] for my first Nuzlocke. I have a bunch of dragons for exalt, but it breaks my heart to see dragons be exalted 1. without a name, 2. without a smidge of lore to be remembered by. So to help remember these kites, I shall write some lore about them by way of a nuzlocke/pinkerlocke. If you happen to see your dragon that you gave me in the line of launch and want them back, please drop me a PM. [quote=Rules] [u][b]Rules[/b][/u] These rules are copied from [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/1722254]this forum thread[/url]. My additional rules will be posted below. [u]Basic rules:[/u] A death in the coliseum = that dragon must be exalted. This is the most essential rule of a nuzlocke. [s]All loot obtained in the coliseum is irrelevant, as is the loot obtained from gathering.[/s] There are no restrictions about applying apparel to your dragons. Do whatever makes sense to you. Same goes for familiars. And, most crucially, all nuzlocke activity corresponds with the loot you obtain daily from Pinkerton's plundered pile! [u]Optional sentimental rule:[/u] If a dragon reaches level 25 it "retires". It can join the ranks of your main lair. [u]Drops of Fate:[/u] [b]Food:[/b] Coliseum time! [b]Plants:[/b] 10-20 matches [b]Insects:[/b] 20-30 matches [b]Seafood:[/b] 30-40 matches [b]Meat:[/b] 40-50 matches Choose from one of these two rules: [u]Hardmode:[/u] You must select coliseum challengers in your lair using a random number generator. Then, select the coliseum arena that corresponds to the highest level dragon of that group (For a 'medium' mode, select the venue that is one tier down from that of highest level dragon). If your dragons level up while in an area, you can still stay there for the whole day. You can quit your battle streak at any time to regen health, and flee from battles if it is appropriate. Don't try do 50 matches in a row unless you want a wiped-out dragon! OR [u]Easymode:[/u] Choose whichever team and venue you want and go for it. Running from battles, using health pots, and ending the battle streak is fine, as I explained above. (These ranges can also be altered to suit your level of activity/personal preference.) [u]Materials and trinkets:[/u] Flex your creative muscles! Note that there is currently a glitch in which Pinkerton mislabels materials as trinkets. If you obtain a "trinket" from Pinkerton, double check to make sure its not actually a material! [b]Materials:[/b] Do some writing for your nuzlocke. How does your new nuzlocke clan change and develop? What are your dragons like personality-wise? How do they get along? How do they die? Is there an antagonist in this nuzlocke, or are they merely struggling against the forces of nature? Write dragon bios! Make a blog, or a thread for your challenge in the creative forums! Write short stories or paragraphs, or add to one big one adventure! [b]Trinkets:[/b] Do some art for your nuzlocke! Digital or traditional, use whatever medium feels best for you. Draw deaths. Draw dragons. Draw humanized versions of your dragons (if that's your sort of thing). Draw familiars and dragons together. It doesn't have to be that good or elaborate. If you make a nuzlocke thread, post your art there. Obviously, you might not have time in your day to do something creative. If that's the case, don't worry about it. This challenge is meant to be fun and heart-wrenching, not a chore. [u]Rare drops:[/u] Wildcards [b]Familiars:[/b] Buy the cheapest dragon in the auction house of a specific breed. Use a random number generator (between 1-14) to determine which breed you will get! (Optionally: attach the familiar to the new dragon.) 1. Fae 2. Guardian 3. Mirror 4. Tundra 5. Ridgeback 6. Pearlcatcher 7. Spiral 8. Imperial 9. Snapper 10. Wildclaw 11. Nocturne 12. Coatl 13. Skydancer 14. Bogsneak [b]Apparel:[/b] Breed two of your dragons. The dragons you pick are up to you. You can also change one of the genes on a dragon, or use a scatterscroll if you are rich and crazy. [u]Note:[/u] You must flip a coin for each hatchling once they hatch. If tails, the dragon is dead and you must exalt it. This is in keeping with the original Nuzlocke thread's rule, because I really like it. [b]Battle items:[/b] Uh-oh!!! Flip a coin. Heads = DEATH STREAK Tails = Nothing happens [u]DEATH STREAK rules:[/u] Randomly select three dragons using a random number generator. Fight in the coliseum using the "food" rules 10 rounds consecutively (ie. you cannot leave that arena), quitting midway if a dragon dies. If you are using the easymode rules, switch to the hardmode rules for battlestones. (Note that the 'death streak' needs to be tested for deadliness. It should be pretty deadly, but not totally impossible.) After testing, it seemed to work as intended! Survival depends on your willingness to be both lucky and cautious. [u]Starting out:[/u] Using the method I detailed in the "familiar" possibility above, obtain a small number of dragons (I suggest 2 or 3). If they already have names, keep the name! If not, name them whatever you like. The challenge starts once all of the dragons, if they are hatchlings, grow into adulthood. Alternatively, choose 2-3 existing dragons in your lair to participate. This has certain advantages (eliminates the need to wait for maturity and breeding cooldowns) but also some disadvantages (less random=less exciting). You may want to "partition" your nuzlocke dragons away from your regular dragons so you don't get them mixed up. [u]Losing:[/u] If your dragon count falls to zero you have a few options 1. Declare the challenge a "loss" and give up 2. Wait for Pinkerton to drop a familiar 3. Just say "welp" and buy another dragon from the AH without waiting for Pinkerton because you lack patience. [u]Personal Rules[/u] 1. Loot is indeed relevant. I can flaunt it with lore if I wish. Especially battlestones. ((I'm looking at you, Rally. >_>)) 2. This is a pinkerlocke to give lore and personality to my kites. If they hit lv 25, I will keep them instead of exalting them. 3. I won't be buying eliminate for kites. [/quote] Pinglist @ZephyrWindSpirit
Lightning might strike twice
A Windstorm Pinkerlocke

My first Pinkerlocke, See here for my first Nuzlocke.

I have a bunch of dragons for exalt, but it breaks my heart to see dragons be exalted 1. without a name, 2. without a smidge of lore to be remembered by. So to help remember these kites, I shall write some lore about them by way of a nuzlocke/pinkerlocke. If you happen to see your dragon that you gave me in the line of launch and want them back, please drop me a PM.
Rules wrote:
Rules

These rules are copied from this forum thread. My additional rules will be posted below.

Basic rules:
A death in the coliseum = that dragon must be exalted. This is the most essential rule of a nuzlocke.
All loot obtained in the coliseum is irrelevant, as is the loot obtained from gathering.
There are no restrictions about applying apparel to your dragons. Do whatever makes sense to you. Same goes for familiars.
And, most crucially, all nuzlocke activity corresponds with the loot you obtain daily from Pinkerton's plundered pile!

Optional sentimental rule:
If a dragon reaches level 25 it "retires". It can join the ranks of your main lair.

Drops of Fate:

Food: Coliseum time!
Plants: 10-20 matches
Insects: 20-30 matches
Seafood: 30-40 matches
Meat: 40-50 matches

Choose from one of these two rules:

Hardmode: You must select coliseum challengers in your lair using a random number generator. Then, select the coliseum arena that corresponds to the highest level dragon of that group (For a 'medium' mode, select the venue that is one tier down from that of highest level dragon). If your dragons level up while in an area, you can still stay there for the whole day. You can quit your battle streak at any time to regen health, and flee from battles if it is appropriate. Don't try do 50 matches in a row unless you want a wiped-out dragon!

OR

Easymode: Choose whichever team and venue you want and go for it. Running from battles, using health pots, and ending the battle streak is fine, as I explained above.

(These ranges can also be altered to suit your level of activity/personal preference.)

Materials and trinkets: Flex your creative muscles!

Note that there is currently a glitch in which Pinkerton mislabels materials as trinkets. If you obtain a "trinket" from Pinkerton, double check to make sure its not actually a material!

Materials: Do some writing for your nuzlocke. How does your new nuzlocke clan change and develop? What are your dragons like personality-wise? How do they get along? How do they die? Is there an antagonist in this nuzlocke, or are they merely struggling against the forces of nature? Write dragon bios! Make a blog, or a thread for your challenge in the creative forums! Write short stories or paragraphs, or add to one big one adventure!

Trinkets: Do some art for your nuzlocke! Digital or traditional, use whatever medium feels best for you. Draw deaths. Draw dragons. Draw humanized versions of your dragons (if that's your sort of thing). Draw familiars and dragons together. It doesn't have to be that good or elaborate. If you make a nuzlocke thread, post your art there.

Obviously, you might not have time in your day to do something creative. If that's the case, don't worry about it. This challenge is meant to be fun and heart-wrenching, not a chore.

Rare drops: Wildcards

Familiars: Buy the cheapest dragon in the auction house of a specific breed. Use a random number generator (between 1-14) to determine which breed you will get! (Optionally: attach the familiar to the new dragon.)

1. Fae
2. Guardian
3. Mirror
4. Tundra
5. Ridgeback
6. Pearlcatcher
7. Spiral
8. Imperial
9. Snapper
10. Wildclaw
11. Nocturne
12. Coatl
13. Skydancer
14. Bogsneak

Apparel: Breed two of your dragons. The dragons you pick are up to you. You can also change one of the genes on a dragon, or use a scatterscroll if you are rich and crazy.

Note: You must flip a coin for each hatchling once they hatch. If tails, the dragon is dead and you must exalt it. This is in keeping with the original Nuzlocke thread's rule, because I really like it.

Battle items: Uh-oh!!!

Flip a coin.
Heads = DEATH STREAK
Tails = Nothing happens

DEATH STREAK rules: Randomly select three dragons using a random number generator. Fight in the coliseum using the "food" rules 10 rounds consecutively (ie. you cannot leave that arena), quitting midway if a dragon dies. If you are using the easymode rules, switch to the hardmode rules for battlestones.

(Note that the 'death streak' needs to be tested for deadliness. It should be pretty deadly, but not totally impossible.) After testing, it seemed to work as intended! Survival depends on your willingness to be both lucky and cautious.

Starting out:
Using the method I detailed in the "familiar" possibility above, obtain a small number of dragons (I suggest 2 or 3). If they already have names, keep the name! If not, name them whatever you like. The challenge starts once all of the dragons, if they are hatchlings, grow into adulthood.

Alternatively, choose 2-3 existing dragons in your lair to participate. This has certain advantages (eliminates the need to wait for maturity and breeding cooldowns) but also some disadvantages (less random=less exciting).

You may want to "partition" your nuzlocke dragons away from your regular dragons so you don't get them mixed up.

Losing:
If your dragon count falls to zero you have a few options
1. Declare the challenge a "loss" and give up
2. Wait for Pinkerton to drop a familiar
3. Just say "welp" and buy another dragon from the AH without waiting for Pinkerton because you lack patience.

Personal Rules
1. Loot is indeed relevant. I can flaunt it with lore if I wish. Especially battlestones. ((I'm looking at you, Rally. >_>))
2. This is a pinkerlocke to give lore and personality to my kites. If they hit lv 25, I will keep them instead of exalting them.
3. I won't be buying eliminate for kites.

Pinglist @ZephyrWindSpirit
[u]The Line of Launch (in lines of three)[/u] [columns]Spotted Kite 1. [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/332122/33212107.png[/img] Tryl - an aspiring Gust warrior. An unfortunate 'being in the wrong place at the wrong time' event separated him from his mentors, and got him caught in the summoning. 2. [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/332729/33272845.png[/img] Myran - An abandoned Skydancer shot out of the sky over the Shrieking Wilds by splintering wooden spears on his expedition northward. 3. [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/332622/33262114.png[/img] Pendergrass - [nextcol]Kite 3 [/columns]
The Line of Launch (in lines of three)
Spotted Kite
1. 33212107.png
Tryl - an aspiring Gust warrior. An unfortunate 'being in the wrong place at the wrong time' event separated him from his mentors, and got him caught in the summoning.
2. 33272845.png
Myran - An abandoned Skydancer shot out of the sky over the Shrieking Wilds by splintering wooden spears on his expedition northward.
3. 33262114.png
Pendergrass -
Kite 3

[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=4039724] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/40398/4039724_350.png[/img] [/url] [center] MY NAME IS DONAR[/center] These winds blow in favor of those who seek blood, shedding their own in return. I traveled by greatshell raft (lashing together a fair many greatshell to support me) to the windswept plateau. The sea of a thousand currents houses many a species. Did you know that Guardians are said to have walked out of that sea? How do they swim? The world may never know...

4039724_350.png
MY
NAME
IS
DONAR

These winds blow in favor of those who seek blood, shedding their own in return.

I traveled by greatshell raft (lashing together a fair many greatshell to support me) to the windswept plateau. The sea of a thousand currents houses many a species. Did you know that Guardians are said to have walked out of that sea? How do they swim? The world may never know...

[center][item=Bone Fragments] Day 1 Activity: Writing[/center] ((caution: dark themes ahead)) -crunch- That's all that was left of this here den. Bones. Dry, fragmented bones. Sucked dry of their inner marrows and left to calcify and stab tender feet that tread upon them. Correction, any part of the body that happens to tread on them or make contact. The creature hissed painfully, digging sharp nails into itself to remove the fragment that drove home. Where the chunk came free, a few droplets of dark liquid flicked the ground carelessly. Dead broken bones did have their uses after all. That mud-making alchemist could use them. Some dragons wove the bones for jewelry. The barest thing to eat. Disgusting. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=33272845] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/332729/33272845_350.png[/img] [/url] The skydancer regarded the bones, and his own blood with disgust. There wasn't a place for him here anymore. His siblings had long since left on their Searches. His parents abandoning the lair for the secluded woods of the Tangled Wood. Was there any reason to leave him behind? The shifting expanse didn’t put up with non-workers. It was time to go. ~ [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=33262114] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/332622/33262114_350.png[/img] [/url] Was it a bad thing to like meat? The rest of the amber colony looking in horror as Pendergrass nibbled at a few leftover bones. Depending on the bug, they were meaty too. The bone was bigger then he was, it wouldn’t fit inside the nest. The rainsong jungle was full of corpses, if one knew where to turn over the right amount of foliage. Cursed, they said. Mixed blooded, they said. Something along that line. Other species laughed at the little fae pulling futilely at the spongy chunk of flesh clinging to the bone. Go back to your pest catching, they said. Let actual dragons enjoy meat, they said. The taunts and the sneers grew and grew. The only real showing of this bullying bothering him was a slight tic beneath one green eye. Another fae shoved him aside on their way to spin the newest roost area. It knocked him clean out of the colony. To land on something white. And tall. The crackle of nature was all the warning anyone had. ~ [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=33212107] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/332122/33212107_350.png[/img] [/url] To say it was reeling to be dragged along by those warriors was an understatement. Tryl covered his head this time as the overcharged silverbeast's fist drove into him, and sent him flying through the trees. Flamecaller help him. All he could hear through the pulse of his own heart was the crashing of his body through trees. Landing hard on the forest floor. In tune to his pulse, every extremity throbbed. He had tried to tell them. Tried to say he wasn't ready to face those monster monkeys. The wind warriors didn't listen to him. Something landed on him. Oh great, now some bird decided he was a good place to poop upon. But birds don't impale you with summoning giant wooden spears dripping in venom. Horrible sounds of destruction assaulted his ears. The sudden sound of wood entering you and punching out the other end. Shrieks and such. Howls. Tryl couldn't handle the pulse inside his head that kept pounding into his brain... ~ It's hard to ignore the threads of fate. Even harder to ignore when a giant spear of a tree shoots up out of the Shrieking Wilds as one flies over. The skydancer veered away from the splintering behemoth of nature as more and more sprouted upwards. He'd not been paying full attention. Nor had he expected it to grow in more then one direction. Until something drove into his face, and the skydancer became a spinning comet of blood and feathers and shining fragments. Green and white were his remaining sights before crashing. ----- The wind warriors were hunting for their lost charge. Bruised and bloodied, but alive. The coatl bumped into her partner when his tail flicked out to stop her. "What isss it?" The tail jabbed forward. The smell of blood pursed the snake-derg's mouth, allowing small fangs to poke out. "Sssuch carnage." she muttered, picking carefully over the shards of bloody amber. An enormous trunk, of multiple spears of dead wood stabbed into its larger, living relative. The remains of a fae colony sagged, dribbling shards as it descended. Gladekeeper's wrath...? The coatl's hum became more of a growl as she worked her way through the destruction. Behind her, her partner, a spiral, wound and wormed his way over it, wide eyes searching for survivors. They weren't squeamish to this sort of thing. Being a warrior broke that sort of instinct after a while. His coilings were disjointed and twitchy, the silverbeast had taken a good gashing out of his hip-spine area, and twisting did not help. "Here" the coatl snapped suddenly, catching his attention. It took much shoving and pushing to remove the fallen trunk from something white. But the trunk smashed something just as hard when moved. "OW, that is my WING" The spiral dropped his end of the log in shock when it spoke to him. What he originally interpreted as a splash of blood over the tree, lifted its head and glowered with crossed eyes. "Now if the four of you could LEVE ME ALONE, I'd rather bleed out in pieases." In the end the wind warriors had their work cut out for them on extricating two survivors from the wooden spears, to bring them back to the plateau. If they survived the flight. ((This is mostly off the top of my head. If its disjointed and twitchy, I do my own editing on the fly. Guest appearances of wind warriors!)) @ZephyrWindSpirit @Kuroneko21 @ZoraCherry @Xalin
Bone Fragments
Day 1
Activity: Writing
((caution: dark themes ahead))
-crunch-
That's all that was left of this here den. Bones. Dry, fragmented bones. Sucked dry of their inner marrows and left to calcify and stab tender feet that tread upon them.
Correction, any part of the body that happens to tread on them or make contact. The creature hissed painfully, digging sharp nails into itself to remove the fragment that drove home. Where the chunk came free, a few droplets of dark liquid flicked the ground carelessly.
Dead broken bones did have their uses after all. That mud-making alchemist could use them. Some dragons wove the bones for jewelry. The barest thing to eat.
Disgusting.

33272845_350.png

The skydancer regarded the bones, and his own blood with disgust. There wasn't a place for him here anymore. His siblings had long since left on their Searches. His parents abandoning the lair for the secluded woods of the Tangled Wood. Was there any reason to leave him behind?
The shifting expanse didn’t put up with non-workers. It was time to go.
~

33262114_350.png

Was it a bad thing to like meat? The rest of the amber colony looking in horror as Pendergrass nibbled at a few leftover bones. Depending on the bug, they were meaty too. The bone was bigger then he was, it wouldn’t fit inside the nest. The rainsong jungle was full of corpses, if one knew where to turn over the right amount of foliage.
Cursed, they said. Mixed blooded, they said. Something along that line.
Other species laughed at the little fae pulling futilely at the spongy chunk of flesh clinging to the bone. Go back to your pest catching, they said. Let actual dragons enjoy meat, they said.
The taunts and the sneers grew and grew. The only real showing of this bullying bothering him was a slight tic beneath one green eye.
Another fae shoved him aside on their way to spin the newest roost area. It knocked him clean out of the colony. To land on something white. And tall.
The crackle of nature was all the warning anyone had.
~

33212107_350.png

To say it was reeling to be dragged along by those warriors was an understatement. Tryl covered his head this time as the overcharged silverbeast's fist drove into him, and sent him flying through the trees. Flamecaller help him. All he could hear through the pulse of his own heart was the crashing of his body through trees. Landing hard on the forest floor. In tune to his pulse, every extremity throbbed. He had tried to tell them. Tried to say he wasn't ready to face those monster monkeys. The wind warriors didn't listen to him.
Something landed on him. Oh great, now some bird decided he was a good place to poop upon. But birds don't impale you with summoning giant wooden spears dripping in venom.
Horrible sounds of destruction assaulted his ears. The sudden sound of wood entering you and punching out the other end. Shrieks and such. Howls. Tryl couldn't handle the pulse inside his head that kept pounding into his brain...
~
It's hard to ignore the threads of fate. Even harder to ignore when a giant spear of a tree shoots up out of the Shrieking Wilds as one flies over. The skydancer veered away from the splintering behemoth of nature as more and more sprouted upwards. He'd not been paying full attention. Nor had he expected it to grow in more then one direction. Until something drove into his face, and the skydancer became a spinning comet of blood and feathers and shining fragments. Green and white were his remaining sights before crashing.
The wind warriors were hunting for their lost charge. Bruised and bloodied, but alive. The coatl bumped into her partner when his tail flicked out to stop her.
"What isss it?" The tail jabbed forward. The smell of blood pursed the snake-derg's mouth, allowing small fangs to poke out. "Sssuch carnage." she muttered, picking carefully over the shards of bloody amber.
An enormous trunk, of multiple spears of dead wood stabbed into its larger, living relative. The remains of a fae colony sagged, dribbling shards as it descended. Gladekeeper's wrath...?
The coatl's hum became more of a growl as she worked her way through the destruction. Behind her, her partner, a spiral, wound and wormed his way over it, wide eyes searching for survivors. They weren't squeamish to this sort of thing. Being a warrior broke that sort of instinct after a while. His coilings were disjointed and twitchy, the silverbeast had taken a good gashing out of his hip-spine area, and twisting did not help.
"Here" the coatl snapped suddenly, catching his attention. It took much shoving and pushing to remove the fallen trunk from something white. But the trunk smashed something just as hard when moved.
"OW, that is my WING" The spiral dropped his end of the log in shock when it spoke to him. What he originally interpreted as a splash of blood over the tree, lifted its head and glowered with crossed eyes. "Now if the four of you could LEVE ME ALONE, I'd rather bleed out in pieases."
In the end the wind warriors had their work cut out for them on extricating two survivors from the wooden spears, to bring them back to the plateau. If they survived the flight.

((This is mostly off the top of my head. If its disjointed and twitchy, I do my own editing on the fly.
Guest appearances of wind warriors!))
@ZephyrWindSpirit @Kuroneko21 @ZoraCherry @Xalin
Forget headache. More like drill peck to the forehead. The skydancer groaned as he ascended to the conscious plane. His paws reaching up to cover his face, his muzzle, but pulling away at the touch of linen. He opened his eyes. [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/191038881355923457/319921599820201994/33272845_350.png[/img] "You took your sweet time waking up, child of storm." a deep voice muttered out of his range of sight. The skydancer slowly moved his head to the left, seeking the voice. "Tell me. Are your face-hairs supposed to fall out?" Face...hairs? He blinked in confusion, one paw shifting backwards to dust the fuzz growing on the edge of his jawline. "Forehead hairs." the voice enunciated. The paw froze, then reached up. Nothing. Just linen. "Fascinating." The sound of a heavy chisel... or pen... scratched in the darkness. "You'll be someone to keep an eye on. Do you have a name, child of storm?" {M...may..ran...} the pen continued to scratch. {Where...am I...} "Somewhere in the Windswept Plateau, if memory serves. A patrol of Wind Warriors pulled me over in my journey. I'm detained for excessive wasting of time." The skydancer's visible eye squinted in disbelief. Wasting... of time? "Not every dragon wishes to hear such a tale as my own. And I shall tell it to you now..." Maybe he was better off getting hit in the face by flying wood... ~ "Find something funny?" Tryl's coughing growls of mirth silenced with the glower of his nurse-derg. He kept his jaws shut with a slight movement of 'no'. "Breezes be with that poor sap stuck listening to that jabber-jaws snapper talk." the nurse muttered. Nothing wrong with snappers, but this one seemed particularly eager to share his story with anyone and everyone. Like all would be knowing the tail of Donar. Just like the tale of Excalibur. Just 10 times less obnoxious. ((Points for those who know the reference!)) "Do you intend to resign from the gusts little kite?" Tryl shrugged. He wasn't sure what to do. I mean, what CAN you do for a flight that excels in flight when you're sporting wings holeyer then swiss cheese? Granted, the spears hadn't punched completely through the rest of him, and those would heal. [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/191038881355923457/319946462454743042/33212107_350.png[/img] "Well, whatever you do, just report to the right place then." the nurse-derg shuffled away to deal with the more critical patient. As he drew in a deep breath that pulled at the bandages, Tryl looked up at the canopy of the lair in which he dwelled. It was big for being not underground entirely. Tales wound through Sornieth of the Wind flight and their endless flight, of living off the ground. It sounded too good to be true. Now potentially permanently too good to be true... ~ Mages can fall in a number of different ways. Overwhelmed by their INFINITE COSMIC POWER. Tempted to learn the dark arts by other fallen mages. Revolting against the order of lights. Might want to chalk up explosive tree growth into that list. A snail sized knot of rot clung to the edge of a wooded portion of the fae's wingtips. One had been plucked away, but the poor creature already was dripping sap from more then one opening. At least that's what the medi-dragons told anyone peering into seeing the wooded fae. What a spectacle! ((Someone find me a skin of a wooden fae plz)). The dark knot where the fae's heart might be was enough of a spectacle to see. With a slight ooze of sap among the edges... ----- "And that endssss our report. Ssssir." the coatl stepped to attention beside her partner the spiral, waiting. The older pearlcatcher tapped a harpy feather quill on the report before him with a sniff. "Two survivors and what looks to be a reactive explosion of magic in the Shrieking Wilds. You bring them back to the Plateau, and the second survivor has a magical growth in the shape of a fae upon him when examined." The pearlcatcher's eyes narrow a bit. "Magic growths aren't a good thing to bring into the Steppes. It'll panic the population." The spiral opens his mouth to say something but the coatl shakes her head slightly. Not a good idea. "Remember the plagues of 2014. Dragons being slain by beastclan, by their own, and by plague." They shuddered. "Keep an eye on that growth. It pulses with life. On all three of them. If they show any danger to the steppes... exalt them."
Forget headache. More like drill peck to the forehead. The skydancer groaned as he ascended to the conscious plane. His paws reaching up to cover his face, his muzzle, but pulling away at the touch of linen. He opened his eyes.
33272845_350.png
"You took your sweet time waking up, child of storm." a deep voice muttered out of his range of sight. The skydancer slowly moved his head to the left, seeking the voice. "Tell me. Are your face-hairs supposed to fall out?"
Face...hairs? He blinked in confusion, one paw shifting backwards to dust the fuzz growing on the edge of his jawline. "Forehead hairs." the voice enunciated. The paw froze, then reached up. Nothing. Just linen. "Fascinating." The sound of a heavy chisel... or pen... scratched in the darkness. "You'll be someone to keep an eye on. Do you have a name, child of storm?"
{M...may..ran...} the pen continued to scratch. {Where...am I...}
"Somewhere in the Windswept Plateau, if memory serves. A patrol of Wind Warriors pulled me over in my journey. I'm detained for excessive wasting of time." The skydancer's visible eye squinted in disbelief. Wasting... of time? "Not every dragon wishes to hear such a tale as my own. And I shall tell it to you now..." Maybe he was better off getting hit in the face by flying wood...
~
"Find something funny?" Tryl's coughing growls of mirth silenced with the glower of his nurse-derg. He kept his jaws shut with a slight movement of 'no'. "Breezes be with that poor sap stuck listening to that jabber-jaws snapper talk." the nurse muttered. Nothing wrong with snappers, but this one seemed particularly eager to share his story with anyone and everyone. Like all would be knowing the tail of Donar. Just like the tale of Excalibur. Just 10 times less obnoxious. ((Points for those who know the reference!)) "Do you intend to resign from the gusts little kite?" Tryl shrugged. He wasn't sure what to do. I mean, what CAN you do for a flight that excels in flight when you're sporting wings holeyer then swiss cheese? Granted, the spears hadn't punched completely through the rest of him, and those would heal.
33212107_350.png
"Well, whatever you do, just report to the right place then." the nurse-derg shuffled away to deal with the more critical patient. As he drew in a deep breath that pulled at the bandages, Tryl looked up at the canopy of the lair in which he dwelled. It was big for being not underground entirely. Tales wound through Sornieth of the Wind flight and their endless flight, of living off the ground. It sounded too good to be true. Now potentially permanently too good to be true...
~
Mages can fall in a number of different ways. Overwhelmed by their INFINITE COSMIC POWER. Tempted to learn the dark arts by other fallen mages. Revolting against the order of lights. Might want to chalk up explosive tree growth into that list.
A snail sized knot of rot clung to the edge of a wooded portion of the fae's wingtips. One had been plucked away, but the poor creature already was dripping sap from more then one opening. At least that's what the medi-dragons told anyone peering into seeing the wooded fae. What a spectacle! ((Someone find me a skin of a wooden fae plz)).
The dark knot where the fae's heart might be was enough of a spectacle to see. With a slight ooze of sap among the edges...
"And that endssss our report. Ssssir." the coatl stepped to attention beside her partner the spiral, waiting. The older pearlcatcher tapped a harpy feather quill on the report before him with a sniff.
"Two survivors and what looks to be a reactive explosion of magic in the Shrieking Wilds. You bring them back to the Plateau, and the second survivor has a magical growth in the shape of a fae upon him when examined." The pearlcatcher's eyes narrow a bit. "Magic growths aren't a good thing to bring into the Steppes. It'll panic the population." The spiral opens his mouth to say something but the coatl shakes her head slightly. Not a good idea. "Remember the plagues of 2014. Dragons being slain by beastclan, by their own, and by plague." They shuddered. "Keep an eye on that growth. It pulses with life. On all three of them. If they show any danger to the steppes... exalt them."
[center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/equipment/8318.png[/img][/center] Day 2: Breed/Gene (I have a full lair, so I will write again) The nurse-derg jumped on her way to change the gust cadet's bandages when the door to the skydancer's nest broke apart, sending a second skydancer flying out into the room. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=33243653] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/332437/33243653_350.png[/img] [/url] [You're tougher then you look. I like that in a male...] the other skydancer raised his head, pink eyes glazed in a mix of lust and pollen-inducement. What resembled a heavy iron shoulder cover smacked him in the shoulder as it got tossed out of the room, accompanied by garbled shrieking anger. The skydancer pouted a bit before easing into standing again. Rejection was natural. [If you change your mind... call me.] Brushing back his mane, the arcane swung his hips as he walked. Such a place. Such a place... "Are you alright sir?" The nurse-derg poked her head inside. Myran had barricaded himself in the end of the den, using the curtains like a shield. {I hate pollen.} he muttered, brushing gold dust off his own fur. {Makes others completely twitterpated. Do I LOOK like a female?!} "Of course not. Arcane flight has a few lunatics blow in with each off-shore storm. They start flirting with danger, and get themselves arrested for finding the wrong dragon to butter up. Far as I'm aware, they're harmless." Myran's eyes glowered at the either... Really undersighted or uncaring nurse. "If you need me, I'm down the hall with the gust cadet." she ducked out. Myran dropped the curtain out of a fist. If they'd let him, he wanted to take a swim in a cold lake. ~ This particular nurse-derg had a habit for gossip, and promptly told Tryl all of what he hadn't managed to hear. The young guardian's mouth almost twitched into a smile. The poor poor foreign skydancer. "Worst part of it is that silken skydancer doesn't always remember that he was rejected previously. Poor dear." Her mirth didn't reach her eyes. Something Tryl didn't like. He made it known. "No dear, I'm not making fun of him. I'm amused by the situation." He didn't believe her. But an idea came to him, and he mentioned something. She promptly dropped the bandage roll she was wrapping his stabbed leg with. "Bu...buh..." "Say a word... I dare you." he hissed, small embers prickling under his lips upon exhale. The nurse shook her head rapidly, and finished her work in silence. Hopefully that nipped the gossip before it grew further. Tryl didn't like gossip. ~ [You have it lucky, y'kno.] The silken skydancer hummed, glancing through the amber built dome. [Can grow off your problems. Or vanish. Or sic' a tree on someone.] A small charge of mana spun itself around his dominant index finger. It rotated lazily. He lounged on a sofa of mangled textiles, washed beyond recognition, resting his head on the other hand. He turned his head, watching the still wooden figure beyond the dome. [The nature lovers have it easy.] He could see the pulse of mana within. Could do with a boost. The mana charge spun off crazily, beaming itself through the amber to strike into the wooden doll of a fae. [Don't be shy, take it.] he created another charge without blinking. [Don't let wind flight crush your seeds.] ((Introducing Ailean, the local flirt. I don't write flirts well, so any advice is well deserved on my part. What do you think Tryl told the nurse to shut her up? What's Ailean's ulterior motives of charging the wooden fae?))
8318.png
Day 2: Breed/Gene (I have a full lair, so I will write again)

The nurse-derg jumped on her way to change the gust cadet's bandages when the door to the skydancer's nest broke apart, sending a second skydancer flying out into the room.

33243653_350.png

[You're tougher then you look. I like that in a male...] the other skydancer raised his head, pink eyes glazed in a mix of lust and pollen-inducement. What resembled a heavy iron shoulder cover smacked him in the shoulder as it got tossed out of the room, accompanied by garbled shrieking anger. The skydancer pouted a bit before easing into standing again. Rejection was natural. [If you change your mind... call me.] Brushing back his mane, the arcane swung his hips as he walked. Such a place. Such a place...
"Are you alright sir?" The nurse-derg poked her head inside. Myran had barricaded himself in the end of the den, using the curtains like a shield.
{I hate pollen.} he muttered, brushing gold dust off his own fur. {Makes others completely twitterpated. Do I LOOK like a female?!}
"Of course not. Arcane flight has a few lunatics blow in with each off-shore storm. They start flirting with danger, and get themselves arrested for finding the wrong dragon to butter up. Far as I'm aware, they're harmless." Myran's eyes glowered at the either... Really undersighted or uncaring nurse. "If you need me, I'm down the hall with the gust cadet." she ducked out. Myran dropped the curtain out of a fist. If they'd let him, he wanted to take a swim in a cold lake.
~
This particular nurse-derg had a habit for gossip, and promptly told Tryl all of what he hadn't managed to hear. The young guardian's mouth almost twitched into a smile. The poor poor foreign skydancer.
"Worst part of it is that silken skydancer doesn't always remember that he was rejected previously. Poor dear." Her mirth didn't reach her eyes. Something Tryl didn't like. He made it known. "No dear, I'm not making fun of him. I'm amused by the situation." He didn't believe her.
But an idea came to him, and he mentioned something. She promptly dropped the bandage roll she was wrapping his stabbed leg with. "Bu...buh..."
"Say a word... I dare you." he hissed, small embers prickling under his lips upon exhale. The nurse shook her head rapidly, and finished her work in silence. Hopefully that nipped the gossip before it grew further. Tryl didn't like gossip.
~
[You have it lucky, y'kno.] The silken skydancer hummed, glancing through the amber built dome. [Can grow off your problems. Or vanish. Or sic' a tree on someone.] A small charge of mana spun itself around his dominant index finger. It rotated lazily. He lounged on a sofa of mangled textiles, washed beyond recognition, resting his head on the other hand. He turned his head, watching the still wooden figure beyond the dome. [The nature lovers have it easy.] He could see the pulse of mana within. Could do with a boost. The mana charge spun off crazily, beaming itself through the amber to strike into the wooden doll of a fae. [Don't be shy, take it.] he created another charge without blinking. [Don't let wind flight crush your seeds.]

((Introducing Ailean, the local flirt. I don't write flirts well, so any advice is well deserved on my part. What do you think Tryl told the nurse to shut her up? What's Ailean's ulterior motives of charging the wooden fae?))
[item=Toridae Chew Toy] Day 3: Writing Since I've got a deathstreak tomorrow(today) here's a poem. Fae Magic condensed Seen mostly as a pest Not just all frills and crests Miniature gods ((otherwise known as a really bad attempt at a haiku)) @ZephyrWindSpirit
Toridae Chew Toy
Day 3: Writing

Since I've got a deathstreak tomorrow(today) here's a poem.

Fae

Magic condensed
Seen mostly as a pest
Not just all frills and crests
Miniature gods

((otherwise known as a really bad attempt at a haiku))
@ZephyrWindSpirit
[item=ambush] Day 4: Uh oh... death streak. [item=grey squirrel] Day 5 coil time of 40-50 matches [item=greatshell fin] Day 6 coli time of 40-50 matches [item=black linen tail wrap] Day 7: Gene/Breed your dergs] Vinosa laid a nest yesterday with Harbringer.
Ambush
Day 4: Uh oh... death streak.
Grey Squirrel
Day 5
coil time of 40-50 matches
Greatshell Fin
Day 6
coli time of 40-50 matches
Black Linen Tail Wrap
Day 7: Gene/Breed your dergs]
Vinosa laid a nest yesterday with Harbringer.