Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Sky and Earth [Lore -]
1 2 3 4
[center][b][Size=4]Chapter 14: Gifts [/size][/b] [img]https://25.media.tumblr.com/38f4c6ae89d292ba6301d98953f144f7/tumblr_opuxuhX7Bd1w9tsx9o3_1280.png[/img] Gryzor walked quietly through the halls towards Spiritdawn’s room. Behind him, he could hear that the party for the third day of the Mistral Jamboree was still going strong. Myran joining the clan had been something of a blessing. Everyone enjoyed playing with his hatchlings, and Myran excelled at collecting the resources the clan needed. The dragons, once strangers that had simply come to the Clan of the Painted Winds by accident, were beginning to become a family. Gryzor made it to Spiritdawn’s chamber and stepped past the thin silk veil that covered the doorway. Struve was already inside, resting on a bamboo mat and chatting with Spiritdawn. Struve jumped up and touched noses with him, then lead him back towards Spiritdawn. “We were just discussing the Jamboree.” She said as he sat down. “What do you think of it so far?” “It’s beautiful.” He said after a moment of thought. “The air is warm, the winds are strong, everyone is enjoying themselves and celebrating.” “Good!” Spiritdawn said. She went to a corner of her room and grabbed some small boxes that had been sitting in the corner of the room. “I have some gifts for you two, for the jamboree.” Struve and Gryzor glanced at each other in surprise. Spirit dawn sorted the boxes and placed some of them in front of Struve and the others in front of Gryzor. She talked as they began to tear through the delicate tissue paper. “It took a while, and I’m sorry I had to borrow Amhara so much, I needed her to pick them up from the marketplace. I hope you two enjoy them, I tried to pick the right colors…” Gryzor stared in awe at what was laid out before him. His package contained a dark green, fur trimmed kilt with a leather buckled to keep it in place. A dark green banner was also included, to be worn over his wings. Fur lined boots were included to match the rest of the outfit. He found and iron and leather arm guard, and iron claws near the bottom of his package. But what he found last impressed him the most. It was a dark green hood with a magical Wind rune attached to the front of it. It glowed slightly. Gryzor looked over to Struve, who was also inspecting her gifts. Struve had received an elegant, white satin tunic. She had also received purple wing and tail ribbons with intricate, silver designs on them. Small, eye like jewels hung off of them. She had also received a pack of expensive looking rune cards. The floated gently as Struve thumbed through them, obviously impressed with their quality. The final object in Struve’s box was by far the most impressive. It was an elegant mask with orange markings on it. Feathers and beads dangled off of its sides, and on the back five large white feathers were attached to form a crest. Light green mist seemed to swirl around it as she inspected it. “Spiritdawn… I don’t know what to say.” Struve said. “You didn’t have to do this for us.” “I know that. But I wanted to do it anyway. You two have been so kind to me lately, and I thought I would show my appreciation.” “Thank you, Spiritdawn. This truly means a lot to us.” Gryzor replied, smiling. “Now, why don’t we try it all on?” Pinglist: @MissGoldenPixel @Andvari [img]https://25.media.tumblr.com/c4e77c0b75c5db0bbcfee58ccd6752c5/tumblr_opuxuhX7Bd1w9tsx9o2_1280.png[/img] Graphics for this thread are from Mibella's amazing [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2103505]Templates and Graphics![/url]
Chapter 14: Gifts

tumblr_opuxuhX7Bd1w9tsx9o3_1280.png

Gryzor walked quietly through the halls towards Spiritdawn’s room. Behind him, he could hear that the party for the third day of the Mistral Jamboree was still going strong. Myran joining the clan had been something of a blessing. Everyone enjoyed playing with his hatchlings, and Myran excelled at collecting the resources the clan needed. The dragons, once strangers that had simply come to the Clan of the Painted Winds by accident, were beginning to become a family.
Gryzor made it to Spiritdawn’s chamber and stepped past the thin silk veil that covered the doorway. Struve was already inside, resting on a bamboo mat and chatting with Spiritdawn. Struve jumped up and touched noses with him, then lead him back towards Spiritdawn.
“We were just discussing the Jamboree.” She said as he sat down. “What do you think of it so far?”
“It’s beautiful.” He said after a moment of thought. “The air is warm, the winds are strong, everyone is enjoying themselves and celebrating.”
“Good!” Spiritdawn said. She went to a corner of her room and grabbed some small boxes that had been sitting in the corner of the room. “I have some gifts for you two, for the jamboree.”
Struve and Gryzor glanced at each other in surprise. Spirit dawn sorted the boxes and placed some of them in front of Struve and the others in front of Gryzor. She talked as they began to tear through the delicate tissue paper. “It took a while, and I’m sorry I had to borrow Amhara so much, I needed her to pick them up from the marketplace. I hope you two enjoy them, I tried to pick the right colors…”
Gryzor stared in awe at what was laid out before him. His package contained a dark green, fur trimmed kilt with a leather buckled to keep it in place. A dark green banner was also included, to be worn over his wings. Fur lined boots were included to match the rest of the outfit. He found and iron and leather arm guard, and iron claws near the bottom of his package. But what he found last impressed him the most. It was a dark green hood with a magical Wind rune attached to the front of it. It glowed slightly. Gryzor looked over to Struve, who was also inspecting her gifts.
Struve had received an elegant, white satin tunic. She had also received purple wing and tail ribbons with intricate, silver designs on them. Small, eye like jewels hung off of them. She had also received a pack of expensive looking rune cards. The floated gently as Struve thumbed through them, obviously impressed with their quality. The final object in Struve’s box was by far the most impressive. It was an elegant mask with orange markings on it. Feathers and beads dangled off of its sides, and on the back five large white feathers were attached to form a crest. Light green mist seemed to swirl around it as she inspected it.
“Spiritdawn… I don’t know what to say.” Struve said. “You didn’t have to do this for us.”
“I know that. But I wanted to do it anyway. You two have been so kind to me lately, and I thought I would show my appreciation.”
“Thank you, Spiritdawn. This truly means a lot to us.” Gryzor replied, smiling. “Now, why don’t we try it all on?”

Pinglist: @MissGoldenPixel @Andvari
tumblr_opuxuhX7Bd1w9tsx9o2_1280.png

Graphics for this thread are from Mibella's amazing Templates and Graphics!
Pyrouge | Butch Lesbian | They/She | +1 FR
Rivensong_Clan_Banner_Small.png
An Important Update

I've decided to make some major changes to my lore.

The first major change is that I'm going to be moving to Light at some point. That is going to change my setting and characters quite a bit.

The second major change is that I'm going to change the style of my lore. I'm going to be switching to one-shots with an overarching plot, rather than a story that's told in chapters. These stories will still remain, but they'll be treated as connected one-shots. They'll be a sort of "prologue/backstory" for the clan, a bit of their story before they moved to Light flight.

I don't know how soon I'll be moving to Light, but I'll make a new lore thread when I do!

Thank you for supporting my lore!
An Important Update

I've decided to make some major changes to my lore.

The first major change is that I'm going to be moving to Light at some point. That is going to change my setting and characters quite a bit.

The second major change is that I'm going to change the style of my lore. I'm going to be switching to one-shots with an overarching plot, rather than a story that's told in chapters. These stories will still remain, but they'll be treated as connected one-shots. They'll be a sort of "prologue/backstory" for the clan, a bit of their story before they moved to Light flight.

I don't know how soon I'll be moving to Light, but I'll make a new lore thread when I do!

Thank you for supporting my lore!
Pyrouge | Butch Lesbian | They/She | +1 FR
Rivensong_Clan_Banner_Small.png
1 2 3 4