Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | what do you think of my art?
1 2
i really want to start drawing for people on FR for treasure, but im a traditional artist so its hard to make things look as good as digital! but heres a lil picture i did of sweets my progen, shes the one in my icon. id love criticisms or ideas or anything i can improve on, besides the fact that its messy lol. like, am i good enough to actually accept commissions? thanks in advanced [img]http://i.imgur.com/V6bbH1Q.jpg[/img]
i really want to start drawing for people on FR for treasure, but im a traditional artist so its hard to make things look as good as digital! but heres a lil picture i did of sweets my progen, shes the one in my icon. id love criticisms or ideas or anything i can improve on, besides the fact that its messy lol. like, am i good enough to actually accept commissions? thanks in advanced
V6bbH1Q.jpg
@Bugkid
I think your stuff could sell well, you have clean lines and have good proportions. I would suggest trying different poses and I noticed with some of the shading you did cross hatching bit in other places you just kinda scribbled them in I would stay consistent and do cross hatching all across the image.
@Bugkid
I think your stuff could sell well, you have clean lines and have good proportions. I would suggest trying different poses and I noticed with some of the shading you did cross hatching bit in other places you just kinda scribbled them in I would stay consistent and do cross hatching all across the image.
“The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things.The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice-versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.
Consistency is key! But don't down your traditional art! Digital is fancy and new, but not more important or better!

If you aren't comfortable with cross hatching maybe try layers of black watercolor wash, it's less permanent than ink and people go gaga over watercolors (take advantage of your traditional art skills!)

Also don't be afraid to increase the contrast in your piece. Use less white space and deep shadows to make it pop!
Consistency is key! But don't down your traditional art! Digital is fancy and new, but not more important or better!

If you aren't comfortable with cross hatching maybe try layers of black watercolor wash, it's less permanent than ink and people go gaga over watercolors (take advantage of your traditional art skills!)

Also don't be afraid to increase the contrast in your piece. Use less white space and deep shadows to make it pop!
1040437.png1041534.pngtumblr_osqe959pr91v8lm95o1_75sq.gif1040003.png1041772.png
@abogado thank you SO MUCH that means so much you think my art can sell:)
would u be interested in seeing some more ? ill take ur advice!!
@Apliscosisco THANK YOU! watercolor is a good idea
up contrast i got u ! thank u so so much
@abogado thank you SO MUCH that means so much you think my art can sell:)
would u be interested in seeing some more ? ill take ur advice!!
@Apliscosisco THANK YOU! watercolor is a good idea
up contrast i got u ! thank u so so much
I'd have to agree with trying out different positions (I also have this problem lol). But I really like the way you made your derg here! It's so neat looking and I like the looks of the "scribbled" parts used in shading and detail.
I'd have to agree with trying out different positions (I also have this problem lol). But I really like the way you made your derg here! It's so neat looking and I like the looks of the "scribbled" parts used in shading and detail.
sZShZzW.png
@Bugkid
Yeah I'd be interested in seeing more of your art work(especially if they involve Pearlcatchers) and yeah, like @apliscosisco said using combining two different mediums can make for a more interesting image, same with high value contrast it draws the eye to it and can make your image a lot more interesting.
@Bugkid
Yeah I'd be interested in seeing more of your art work(especially if they involve Pearlcatchers) and yeah, like @apliscosisco said using combining two different mediums can make for a more interesting image, same with high value contrast it draws the eye to it and can make your image a lot more interesting.
“The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things.The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice-versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.
@alixmode thank u! it is really hard to try poses though HAHA cause theyre unfamiliar but i definitely will do it. :)
@alixmode thank u! it is really hard to try poses though HAHA cause theyre unfamiliar but i definitely will do it. :)
@abogado yeah i can draw u some pearlcatchers :')
@abogado yeah i can draw u some pearlcatchers :')
@bugkid Looks great! I really like the simple black background.

I've found a bit of success with lineart and lineart + watercolors. Its good to have more than one option, varying in prices.
@bugkid Looks great! I really like the simple black background.

I've found a bit of success with lineart and lineart + watercolors. Its good to have more than one option, varying in prices.
Tnv9hAT.png JrZGMGx.png
mlHpBMC.png
1YB0OjO.png
5hF3FGk.png
YMPbu9R.png
@venny thank you so so much!!!! ill definitely do that :') im so glad you like my art!!! i like your dragon in your signature!!
@venny thank you so so much!!!! ill definitely do that :') im so glad you like my art!!! i like your dragon in your signature!!
1 2