Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Loopugast
I spent my week drawing this piece of ironic distress for a man who ordered something twisted from me long ago. So I made up the loopugast; an undead creature who contacts great minds in their dreams and offer them gifts such as intellect, creativity and even immortality in return for their sanity, thus causing a slow corruption of the minds of their victims.

1zp0cpe.jpg

I hope the guy who is to buy this piece will like it, for my poor heart is already bleeding from the thought of selling it.
Nevertheless! What do you guys think? Constructive criticism will be much appreciated.

I spent my week drawing this piece of ironic distress for a man who ordered something twisted from me long ago. So I made up the loopugast; an undead creature who contacts great minds in their dreams and offer them gifts such as intellect, creativity and even immortality in return for their sanity, thus causing a slow corruption of the minds of their victims.

1zp0cpe.jpg

I hope the guy who is to buy this piece will like it, for my poor heart is already bleeding from the thought of selling it.
Nevertheless! What do you guys think? Constructive criticism will be much appreciated.

"Take thy beak from out my heart, and take thy form from off my door!"
Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore."
@Ascorbine great effort and shading!
@Ascorbine great effort and shading!
vCw0cRK.pngB5FQIol.png
Wow. that's pretty rad, man. I love it. My only advice (and this is something I need to work on too) is posing/composition. The side view is something I automatically turn to, but I am usually much happier with my work when I create a dynamic pose for it. Imagine this creature creeping up to a dreamer, consuming their sanity slowly. A simple change in pose can provide a lot more visual information (and interest) to the viewer.

But I mean no negativity because is is awesome as it is!
Wow. that's pretty rad, man. I love it. My only advice (and this is something I need to work on too) is posing/composition. The side view is something I automatically turn to, but I am usually much happier with my work when I create a dynamic pose for it. Imagine this creature creeping up to a dreamer, consuming their sanity slowly. A simple change in pose can provide a lot more visual information (and interest) to the viewer.

But I mean no negativity because is is awesome as it is!
1040437.png1041534.pngtumblr_osqe959pr91v8lm95o1_75sq.gif1040003.png1041772.png
Thank you, both of you, for your kind words!

I must admit that side-poses is a comfort zone of mine, and I believe that a lot of artists know this.. struggle. Including you, as you say. I like your idea a lot, though, and in time I might try to do a remake of this beast posing in such a way. Thank you for the advise!
Thank you, both of you, for your kind words!

I must admit that side-poses is a comfort zone of mine, and I believe that a lot of artists know this.. struggle. Including you, as you say. I like your idea a lot, though, and in time I might try to do a remake of this beast posing in such a way. Thank you for the advise!
"Take thy beak from out my heart, and take thy form from off my door!"
Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore."